• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: PSP December 12, 19800 yen

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how reliable are importers like play-asia for launch stuff? Would I be safer getting an inlaw in Japan to buy one for me? But then I'm limited by their lack of urgency and maybe missing out on one too if they all sell out?

Brofist

PSP dev kit, dunno if pictures were ever posted before?

pspdevkit.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Where these comments already posted/discussed?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=5251

"A puzzle game will last longer, but Ridge Racer will probably be shorter than that," he told the site, referring to the battery life statistics released by SCE last week - which claimed four to six hours of battery while playing games."

PSP is doomed...again.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Looks like its time to play Hurry Up and Wait for NA launch news. Game Informer gets some questions vaguely answered by SCEA:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200410/N04.1027.1818.36335.htm

GI: When will be the soonest we'll learn about North American PSP
launch details?

SCEA: U.S.-based announcements, including pricing, will be disclosed sometime after the Japanese launch.

They reaffirm no region lock for games (but would really rather you not buy from other regions), online play will eventually be a reality, SonyConnect will be the distribution mechanism for movie/music content and possibly rentals (?) and in general just towing the company line.

Sorry if this is already mentioned but I was too lazy to read the whole thread.... so US launch date is not confimed yet?

I'm considering importing from play-asia or lik-sang....

Midas

Project Midway said:
Sorry if this is already mentioned but I was too lazy to read the whole thread.... so US launch date is not confimed yet?

I'm considering importing from play-asia or lik-sang....

You could've read the last post you know... :p

Miburou

Man, looking at those Ridge Racers scans in the other thread makes me want to get a Japanese one at launch. But there aren't other games I really want (I'd rather wait for the English version of AC!D). Any chance of Sony boosting the battery's power for the US launch?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
are we still posting in here, or can we start separate thread for software now things have calmed down?

I'd like to know if people think Metal Gear Acid will be playable for non Japanese speakers. It seems like the cards have Japanese descriptions, but English titles.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
mashoutposse said:
What's the likelyhood of Play-Asia maintaining their $269 price for those who have already preordered?

I don't know, but since they already marked it up a bit. I'm hoping it stays the same, for the most part

Agent Icebeezy

I'm looking at this Sandisk 2GB Memory Stick pro, that should be compatible with the PSP, right?

Agent Icebeezy

Anybody have any experience with Open MG. It is an encoder for Atrac3plus for those who are curious

Troidal

Looks like Rengoku (Hudson) and Mahjong Fight Club (Konami) are now slated for 12/12 release. 5040yen.

Followed by, Metal Gear Acid on 12/16, also for 5040yen.
Looks like PSP's launch lineup is becoming clearer now.

No pre-orders for PSP and the games yet as of 11/5...grr...

Source

jett said:
Wrong. It was 50-50 in the USA(and even at the end of their lifetimes the SNES gained a slight edge in that market). Worldwide, Sega was always taking Nintendo's cock up the ass.

I think in the UK and Europe the Megadrive was more popular than the SNES/Super Famicom.

Even the Master System beat out the NES in the UK.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Troidal said:
Looks like Rengoku (Hudson) and Mahjong Fight Club (Konami) are now slated for 12/12 release. 5040yen.

Followed by, Metal Gear Acid on 12/16, also for 5040yen.
Looks like PSP's launch lineup is becoming clearer now.

No pre-orders for PSP and the games yet as of 11/5...grr...

Source

DS preorder started on 4th november I think, so its likely a 4 week lead time. So preorders for PSP should start on 14h November

Brofist

I went down to Den Den today, not one place let me reserve or prebuy anything PSP related...and I had no indication that thatwill change soon. I was told that initial shipments and such are too up in the air.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
kpop100 said:
I went down to Den Den today, not one place let me reserve or prebuy anything PSP related...and I had no indication that thatwill change soon. I was told that initial shipments and such are too up in the air.

Don't most places have official manufacturer sanctioned preorders in Japan? DS has only just started and thats out 10 days before PSP. So I wouldn't expect anything for a week or so.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
neptunes said:
shit, I want a psp more than the ds at the moment.

Where should I import? Play-asia? lik-sang?

I'd preorder at both places. Even if both ship, I doubt you'd have problems reselling it for what you paid for it (as long as that price isn't ridiculous).

Brofist

mrklaw said:
Don't most places have official manufacturer sanctioned preorders in Japan? DS has only just started and thats out 10 days before PSP. So I wouldn't expect anything for a week or so.

Probably, but the reactions I got were kinda strange. I was feeling a "well come in here at 7 am launch day and queue up or your fucked" vibe, even though they weren't that forward.

I noticed a lot of DS promotional stuff at Yodobashi today, bags etc.. Plus it looks like GT4 (PS2) is still on for 12/3 (f yeah!!).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
it thats the case then I'll leave my play-asia preorder on, and just keep my fingers crossed that my sister-in-law can grab one. She always uses her local, so they have fewer units, but its a small town, so maybe OK..

Even if I end up with two, I should be able to sell one easily

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
there was a number of signs up around Aki for the PSP in Aki on saturday, all with signs saying "We are not taking pre-orders at this point in time."

CamHostage

I don't think non-Duo sticks will work with the PSP.

Non-Pro ones will work, but I don't know about non-Duo (PRO is the faster and better capacity newer-model Sticks, Duo is the half-stick one that can either have standard or Pro Stick cells.)

Not sure if you can use non-Duo ones in PSP, but I doubt it -- they'd plug in funny and stick out, and I don't have a Duo camera but I think they have limiter shapes in the plastic.

Top Bottom