• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Smashing Pumpkins thread

Diablos

For real. Alternative rock's Neil Pert is making music with a shaman. What the hell. Jimmy's the real deal. He could tour with Led Zeppelin if they asked him and he wanted to. He's that fucking good.

Diablos said:
For real. Alternative rock's Neil Pert is making music with a shaman. What the hell. Jimmy's the real deal. He could tour with Led Zeppelin if they asked him and he wanted to. He's that fucking good.

that's the most frustrating part. jimmy is an incredible drummer. billy is an incredible guitarist. now jimmy is wasting away where very few people hear him or know he's still around. billy is making music no one WANTS to hear. wasted potential

Diablos

Billy's slowly getting into a good rhythm again, but his band sucks save Jeff Schroeder. Plus, his time to capitalize on a return has passed. He semi-blew it with Zeitgeist. Despite the tour being awesome, he failed to grab his audience with a poorly produced album (just like Machina)!

I'm just glad I could see BC/JC on stage in 2007. Was really cool.

Am I the only once that opens this thread with baited breath every time I see it has been bumped? I think to myself "oh god, what has Billy done now?"...

Funny story: I had Billy Corgan added on my Facebook a few weeks back, he posted requesting questions from fans. He said you could ask him anything but don't ask stupid questions (so basically contradiction there already)...well everyone starts posting questions, I asked him what happened to the famous EHX Big Muff pedal that was used to record Siamese Dream...he fucking deletes his FB account in a hissy fit.

He's my hero but I swear he's a total fucking diva, imagine what the Billy of old would think if he could see himself now...probably do a Cobain.

PumpkinPie said:
Am I the only once that opens this thread with baited breath every time I see it has been bumped? I think to myself "oh god, what has Billy done now?"...

Funny story: I had Billy Corgan added on my Facebook a few weeks back, he posted requesting questions from fans. He said you could ask him anything but don't ask stupid questions (so basically contradiction there already)...well everyone starts posting questions, I asked him what happened to the famous EHX Big Muff pedal that was used to record Siamese Dream...he fucking deletes his FB account in a hissy fit.

He's my hero but I swear he's a total fucking diva, imagine what the Billy of old would think if he could see himself now...probably do a Cobain.

To be fair, he's always been a bit of a fruit loop. His behaviour is nothing which hadn't shown itself by 1995. There were just less avenues to flaunt that fact at the back end of the 'old media' age.

Oreoleo

Diablos said:
I'm just glad I could see BC/JC on stage in 2007. Was really cool.

You never saw Zwan? I know it's not quite the same, but before Mary Star of the Sea came out Zwan's live show was fucking stellar.

Diablos

PumpkinPie said:

So, wait, your question triggered that?

Orellio: Nope.

Also,

http://www.iol.co.za/news/tiny-corgan-has-a-big-will-to-survive-1.1022876
epic smh

TheDrowningMan said:
To be fair, he's always been a bit of a fruit loop. His behaviour is nothing which hadn't shown itself by 1995. There were just less avenues to flaunt that fact at the back end of the 'old media' age.
He's not nearly as angsty as he used to be, but that has been exchanged for a incessant need to inject religion into nearly everything he writes now. He also denies global warming which honestly makes me cringe. I'm sure he's a creationist too.

Diablos said:
I saw them in 2007, and despite what many critics (armchair or pro) said, the band was as good as ever, dare I say even better in some regards

You never saw the band in their prime, this is probably why your opinion differs. I saw them numerous times between 1993 and 2000 (SD club tour, Lollapalooza, MCIS theatre tour, MCIS arena tour, Machina tour, etc.) and seeing them in support of Zeitgeist in 2007 was a complete joke.

distantmantra said:
You never saw the band in their prime, this is probably why your opinion differs. I saw them numerous times between 1993 and 2000 (SD club tour, Lollapalooza, MCIS theatre tour, MCIS arena tour, Machina tour, etc.) and seeing them in support of Zeitgeist in 2007 was a complete joke.

i saw them for MCIS, adore and machine and i think the zeitgeist shows were entertaining enough. nowhere near what the band originally was but a complete joke? come on. i'm as hard as anyone on corgan but that's just not true about the zeitgeist tour era

Macam

Banned
PumpkinPie said:

He deleted it? Christ, he was posting like 20 times a day when he started it -- I didn't even really think about seeing it not around any more. Ah well.

Diablos

distantmantra said:
Songs like Gossamer and Superchrist with Jimmy on the stage are as good as ANYTHING they have done.

Speaking of Jimmy, his new band (Skysaw) is legit!
http://www.facebook.com/skysawmusic
Great stuff! No more shaman I hope!

MP3 is available here: http://www.skysawmusic.com/

billys birthday.... new song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT9jdrx4V-M

196117_10150125077693405_768663404_6468207_2756417_n.jpg

Ribbon

SquirrelNuckle said:
Can we all agree that their best song is Hummer? Drown is a close second.

Hummer's lyrics aren't strong enough for that title. The verse about happiness is great but the rest is just alright.

NGAMER9

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Maybe this song would be more listenable without that godawful synth stuff in the left speaker, sounds like some cheesy video game music someone wrote in five minutes. The echoing vocals/backing vocals don't help either. Of course that still wouldn't help the terrible songwriting, but it would make it better. I will say that Mike Byrne actually sounds great on it though.

Ichabod

Banned
SquirrelNuckle said:
Can we all agree that their best song is Hummer? Drown is a close second.

I'll drink to that but for me 1979 is a veeeeery close second. I know some will probably frown on me for picking one of their most mainstream and well-known songs but I literally never get tired of hearing it. So catchy and it will forever have the approval of my inner teenager.

Diablos

Ribbon said:
Hummer's lyrics aren't strong enough for that title. The verse about happiness is great but the rest is just alright.
"Ask yourself a question, anyone but me, I ain't free." Forgot about that one. But uh, it's impossible to narrow down the best SP song to one. Let alone ten, or fifty, or more. Haha. If I was FORCED however, I'd pick Geek USA. The guitar solo is sick and it has some of the best drumming I've ever heard in recorded music. It's like rock 'n roll fully realized.

That chart is funny FMT, but at the very least Siamese and MCIS need to switch places. :D

Lightning Strikes is pretty bad. Started out decent, but it basically goes nowhere.

Manus

Diablos said:
"Ask yourself a question, anyone but me, I ain't free." Forgot about that one. But uh, it's impossible to narrow down the best SP song to one. Let alone ten, or fifty, or more. Haha. If I was FORCED however, I'd pick Geek USA.

That chart is pretty funny FMT, but at the very least Siamese and MCIS need to switch places. :D

Lightning Strikes is pretty bad. Started out decent, but it basically goes nowhere.

Yeah I really just love every track on Siamese Dream the only album that comes close to it's quality for me is Gish.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I just saw the graph. lol.

List wars and all that bullshit but come on, the drumming alone on the Zwan record should place it well above Corgan's solo album and Machina. eh, whatever.

Diablos

Gouty said:
I just saw the graph. lol.

List wars and all that bullshit but come on, the drumming alone on the Zwan record should place it well above Corgan's solo album and Machina. eh, whatever.
I'm not totally into SP like I used to be, but to this day I am in awe of how incredible of a drummer JC is. The sound he employs alone is so unique and impossible to emulate. He's a legend. If Led Zeppelin ever tours again they should pick him. That would never happen of course.

Diablos said:
I'm not totally into SP like I used to be, but to this day I am in awe of how incredible of a drummer JC is. The sound he employs alone is so unique and impossible to emulate. He's a legend. If Led Zeppelin ever tours again they should pick him. That would never happen of course.

jimmy would also have to get the OK from his shaman friend

Diablos

FrenchMovieTheme said:
jimmy would also have to get the OK from his shaman friend
hahahaha. Thankfully it seems like he's moved on to a new band. It was pretty sad to hear JC talking about shaman stuff though. I was like wtf.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Lightening Strikes is up!

Those synths remind me of what Van Halen sounds like in my head. I have to guess because I've never listened to Van Halen. Shit song is shit.

Just noticed the MP3 dropped the volume 1, vol 2 bullshit. Its just labeled as Teargarden By Kaleidyscope. Billy has no idea what he's doing confirmed. The dream is unstable, its collapsing!

Diablos

So, James Iha produced a track for the band Hunters called Deadbeat.

Read more about it here (mp3 link as well): http://www.imposemagazine.com/bytes/what-has-james-iha-been-up-to

It's quite a romp as the link also says. Loving it. I've played it a few times now.

Yeah, Teargarden is a disaster and Lightning Strikes sucks. I really hate seeing Billy pollute his otherwise legendary discography with this shit. He can't even figure out how to hire a half-decent drummer ffs.

Some, uh, news.

Billy
Super major unreal happy SP news coming next week. Plus auction news too. Next week is gonna be big SP week. Thank you to all our great fans
1 Apr
I'm sure it's nothing that exciting, but we'll see. Gish boxset? Metro show DVD? Jimmy returns? Doubt it.

It was really cool of him to auction stuff off for Japan, though.

Diablos said:
So, James Iha produced a track for the band Hunters called Deadbeat.

Read more about it here (mp3 link as well): http://www.imposemagazine.com/bytes/what-has-james-iha-been-up-to

It's quite a romp as the link also says. Loving it. I've played it a few times now.

Yeah, Teargarden is a disaster and Lightning Strikes sucks. I really hate seeing Billy pollute his otherwise legendary discography with this shit. He can't even figure out how to hire a half-decent drummer ffs.

Some, uh, news.

I'm sure it's nothing that exciting, but we'll see. Gish boxset? Metro show DVD? Jimmy returns? Doubt it.

It was really cool of him to auction stuff off for Japan, though.

the only pumpkins news that would excite me is that billy corgan admits he's fucking sucked for the last few years and he's going to go back to his roots. short of that i expect nothing more than garbage like tear garden.

i have to wonder if billy corgan is just trolling everyone at this point. there is no way he can think the shit he is releasing is good or worthy of the pumpkins name.

Dai Kaiju

Why the hell do legends lose their ability to make good music as they age? I understand decline in lyrical quality since they've already written about all their life experiences, but the melody going to shit is just weird. Limitless posibilities there and Billy can't seem to find any of them.

Curufinwe

Orellio said:
You never saw Zwan? I know it's not quite the same, but before Mary Star of the Sea came out Zwan's live show was fucking stellar.

The Empty Sea is my favorite Billy Corgan song. I'm wish there was a studio version, but the 2001 live recording I downloaded years ago is good enough quality.

Diablos

Dai Kaiju said:
Why the hell do legends lose their ability to make good music as they age? I understand decline in lyrical quality since they've already written about all their life experiences, but the melody going to shit is just weird. Limitless posibilities there and Billy can't seem to find any of them.
To be fair, it took Billy much longer to burn out than most others. I think part of the reason why he's so crazy is that he got labeled as this pretentious douche by indie hipsters who are often equally as pretentious, but not as accepting of mainstream music. Beyond Mellon Collie, Corgan never really got proper recognition when he most deserved it.

From the time he started SP until 2005 he really never fell off track. We're talking 15+ years of brilliance here. And, really, while Zeitgeist as an album sucked, the tour for the most part was pretty good, and he managed to come up with stuff like Superchrist, Gossamer, and As Rome Burns. He was still kicking ass up until a couple years ago. Everyone has their time, and maybe he'll come to his senses. Even if he doesn't, I'm amazed at how long he was able to consistently come up with superb material.

Oreoleo

FrenchMovieTheme said:
the only pumpkins news that would excite me is

firing that chump behind the drumset.

Curufinwe said:
The Empty Sea is my favorite Billy Corgan song. I'm wish there was a studio version, but the 2001 live recording I downloaded years ago is good enough quality.

Dude, I seriously agree. The Empty Sea is one of my very favorite Zwan tunes. I'm not sure a studio version would do it justice (Though it probably does exist somewhere), but I just treat that first Zwan show like it's own album anyway. Zwan had so much good material that only ever got played at like less than a half-dozen shows, it's a real shame.

Diablos

Okay, it looks like Billy is actually up to something worth being excited about for once:

www.twitter.com/billy

@Billy Billy Corgan
Just finished sorting thru over 700 cassette tapes in the SP/BC archives. Whoa. Found lots of interesting stuff I didn't know we had.
6 Apr via txt

@Billy Billy Corgan
Sorry for my delay on the 'big announcement', waiting for some documents to be signed before I can go public. Has not dimmed my enthusiasm.
3 hours ago via txt

@Billy Billy Corgan
Just found the first live performance of 'Starla', in stereo. Previously I had thought we had it only on one channel.
2 hours ago via txt

@Billy Billy Corgan
Just found a version of 'sweet home alabama' on the Siamese Dream session tapes!!!
1 hour ago via txt

@Billy Billy Corgan
A did you know fact: at one point our album Pisces Iscariot was instead to be called 'Neptulius'!!
5 minutes ago via txt
If we're getting vintage SP rare stuff, I'm all in.

Diablos

Heh, Jimmy Chamberlin really opens up about his thoughts on SP. I don't think you will ever see him in the band again.

http://www.spin.com/articles/listen-ex-pumpkin-jimmy-chamberlins-new-band
"I want to be 'Jimmy Chamberlin, the drummer, the musician who's done many things,'" the 46-year-old rocker tells SPIN.com, "not just 'that guy from the Smashing Pumpkins.'"

The Chicago native and alt-rock vet is working towards that end with Skysaw, his new band and first musical endeavor since exiting the reformed Pumpkins in 2009. Together with Washington DC-based singer Mike Reina and guitarist Anthony Pirog -- the writing team behind psychedelic rock outfit the Jackfields -- Skysaw will release their debut, Great Civilizations, in May on Dangerbird Records. Hear the psych-prog jam "Tightrope Situation," exclusively via SPIN.com.

LISTEN: Skysaw, "Tightrope Situation"

"After I left the Pumpkins, I went home and just sat around," Chamberlin explains. "I have a studio in my basement and I found myself writing all these songs, just taking advantage of the relaxed situation. I wrote about 30 songs in about 30 days."

His partnership with Reina was a total fluke: "I was talking to a friend, saying, 'I wish I could find somebody who looks like a cross between Chris Cornell and Jim Morrison, has a great voice, is independently wealthy, has their own studio, and doesn't do anything but make music.' [Laughs]. Then my friend says, 'I know [Reina]!'

The two started trading songs via email, and then Chamberlin invited Reina to Chicago, where the duo "rented a proper studio for a couple of days," says Chamberlin. "We went in and wrote a song specifically for the exercise of getting to know each other. It sounded great and from then we worked together."

The duo tapped guitarist Anthony Pirog and started fleshing out a collection of songs, and soon hit Reina's DC studio, called the Brink, to record Great Civilizations "live to tape, no Protools," says Chamberlin. They even brought in legendary producer Roy Thomas Baker (Queen, T. Rex, Yes, Rolling Stones), Chamberlin's old friend, for a few weeks to work on the record.

The collaborative experience was refreshing for Chamberlin, who had taken a backseat to Billy Corgan in the Pumpkins. "I always wanted to be in this role, as a songwriter," he says. "In the Pumpkins it was always impossible because Corgan would wake up and write five songs. He was so prolific there wasn't a lot of room for anyone else."

With Great Civilizations Chamberlin is exploring a new, more experimental direction from his Pumpkins days, while still respecting the moody elements of his past. The LP is a collection of prog-leaning, psychedelic jams with flourishes of acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, and more. Think a proggier, more expansive Sparklehorse. "It's symphonic at points and gets really dark, too," says Chamberlin. There's a full string section on "Am I Second," while songs like "Capsized Jackknife Crisis" and "Tightrope Situation," Chamberlin's personal favorite, recalls experimental bands Yes and King Crimson.

Outside of Skysaw -- originally called "This," a name that "wasn't resonating with me," says Chamberlin, "it's a prohibitive name to Google" -- the drummer is a "closet suburbanite," living outside Chicago where he spends a lot of time with his two children. He's on the Board of Directors at their schools and even coaches his five-year-old son's baseball team. "We're in spring training right now," he says. "Last year we finished pretty good. We're hoping to get them fired up this year and go for a shot at the title."

He's psyched, however, to return to music and move forward with Skysaw, and put his past with the Pumpkins behind him. "It's important for Billy [Corgan] to carry on as the Pumpkins -- that's a lot of his ownership and a big part of his personality," says Chamberlin, who explains that he and Corgan are friends "from a distance." "He's an extremely talented musician, fantastic songwriter, and a great guy at getting what he needs. But as time went on it became less and less about my journey and more about facilitating someone else's."

"I've learned that you can call it a band, but unless everyone is contributing it's not really," says Chamberlin. "It's pretending that it's a band. I wasn't interested in creating another experience like that. Skysaw is predicated on a three-way split."

He adds, "That situation [with the Pumpkins] placed constraints and a parameter on my career that's wasn't always easy to deal with. That can stagnate your growth as a musician. Not anymore."
All of this is really surprising coming from Jimmy, because he and Corgan always appeared to have a really deep appreciation for each other. Sounds like they had a serious falling out in 2009. The two of them were always... well I wouldn't say in lockstep, but agreed more than disagreed on things. Certainly they had great sense of communication and what works/doesn't work as musicians. Now we have Chamberlin saying Corgan was too prolific to keep up with and blah blah, and are only friends "from a distance". I'm pretty sure Jimmy's thoughts weren't always like that. Amazing how much has changed. But what he's saying definitely implies that he is done with SP for good. It's great that he wants to branch out and be himself but, I've gotta say... he's getting way ahead of himself if he thinks he'll be remembered for anything else before being the insanely talented drummer that played a critical role in defining the Smashing Pumpkins' sound. He'll never get any better than that.

What he seems to fail to realize is that he's not just a drummer from SP, he was SP. Totally in the band's DNA. You can do the band without James or Darcy, but if Jimmy leaves it starts to fall apart (Adore being the exception because Corgan was going into uncharted territory at the time and was making music that didn't necessarily need a drummer). Jimmy should stop acting like he's some victim to Billy's ego and boldly state that there's no way the band would have been able to reach the level of greatness that they once had without him. Taking songwriting out of the picture, Chamberlin is and will always be the most talented musician that ever had anything to do with the band. He was such a phenomenal drummer that it didn't even matter if Darcy couldn't play bass on stage. He was basically the entire rhythm section.

Corgan might make some good decisions in the future but I wish he would just end SP now. I don't think he's ever going to get rid of Mike Bryne who is a complete disgrace to the band. Have you seen some of the videos of him floating around? He's awful. I don't even want to waste my time trying to find them, they are painful to watch. I feel bad for the kid, he's really young and impressionable and thinking that he's doing so much for the direction of the band but he's utterly worthless as a musician. Just call it quits already, Billy.

Manus

Was watching their collection of music videos on DVD this morning while I was getting ready for work and it just brought back so many memories. SP really had amazing videos for all their songs. I hope this surprise Corgan is working up is something worth listening to.

Diablos

Lots of news... http://links.visibli.com/share/009b22

The Smashing Pumpkins have announced plans to roll out a campaign of remastered reissues of their back catalog over the course of the next three years. The first wave of the Pumpkins' ambitious reissue plan will begin in the fall, when the band's first two albums, Gish and Siamese Dream, arrive in stores along with their 1994 compilation set, Pisces Iscariot. Each album will come packaged with bonus material, though nothing specific has been announced. (Frontman Billy Corgan did mention on Twitter recently that he had unearthed tapes of their first live performance of "Starla" and a version of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Sweet Home Alabama" recorded in the studio during the making of Siamese Dream, which should give fans some idea of what to expect in terms of unreleased tracks.)

The second wave of releases, which is scheduled for 2012, will include the Pumpkins' 1995 double album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, the five-disc rarities set The Aeroplane Flies High, and the 1998 goth-electronica record Adore. In 2013, the band will merge Machina/The Machines of God and Machina II: The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music into one package. This will be the first time Machina II will be released commercially in its entirety – the four-disc set was originally made available for free online. A new hits disc is also planned for sometime in 2013.

The Smashing Pumpkins have also announced plans to release Oceania, "an album within an album," as part of the band's ongoing 44-song epic Teargarden by Kaleidyscope. The 10-song set, which will not include any of the songs already released as part of the project, is currently scheduled to come out in September. A new song, "Owata," will be released for free online next week before the band hits the studio to record the Oceania material.

Billy also goes over everything in a video on the band's wall, and he's pretty cool (for once) about everything; it's worth watching: http://www.facebook.com/smashingpumpkins?sk=wall

Sounds like EMI really lightened up. Billy showed briefly a picture of old demo/live tapes. We're going to get a LOT of previously unheard material, and this makes me really excited about the band for once.

He also expressed interest in completely remixing Machina 1 and 2, which is pretty funny. Although I think the Machina 2 mix is legit.

Speaking of which, Gish and Siamese Dream sound fine as is. They really don't need remastering. MCIS on the other hand is in dire need. But I hope they don't tinker too much with the Gish/SD mix, those albums still hold up perfectly fine today. It's remarkable.

Don't really care much for Oceania, but at least there's enough coming from the old days to keep us interested. :D

Ixion

I'm really enjoying Teargarden By Kaleidyscope. Good mix of classic/psychedelic rock. Not one bad song so far IMO.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
An album within an album?

Billy is an idiot. He's just making this entire project up as he goes along and will look back at various parts and claim it was exactly as he intended from the start.

He's releasing a 10 song album because he's discovered its impossible to sustain public interest in a 44 song project, released one song at a time over the course of several years. He has also learned its impossible to generate any money from this project because A: hes not selling records and B: you can't tour behind some vague, unfinished super album.

To continue to create music for this project is literally throwing songs down a hole, pissing away his trade currency. But his ego wont let him abandon the project and admit it was a terrible idea so instead, all future music will probably be released in a more traditional format, but he'll claim is still a part of the project to fulfill the 44 song criteria.

Gouty said:
An album within an album?

Billy is an idiot. He's just making this entire project up as he goes along and will look back at various parts and claim it was exactly as he intended from the start.

He's releasing a 10 song album because he's discovered its impossible to sustain public interest in a 44 song project, released one song at a time over the course of several years. He has also learned its impossible to generate any money from this project because A: hes not selling records and B: you can't tour behind some vague, unfinished super album.

To continue to create music for this project is literally throwing songs down a hole, pissing away his trade currency. But his ego wont let him abandon the project and admit it was a terrible idea so instead, all future music will probably be released in a more traditional format, but he'll claim is still a part of the project to fulfill the 44 song criteria.

you summarized the post-2000 pumpkins perfectly.

and yeah, kaliedscope or whatever the fuck its called has been a major disappointment. 1 legitimately good song (song for a son) and the rest ranges from average to complete dog shit.

this is why you need an actual band billy, not you controlling a bunch of lap dog touring artists.

Macam

Banned
A lengthy interview with more details (and BC fluff):

The good:

BC said:
"But it's cool to be able to put something like that out if I want to, and that's one of the reasons I'm really excited about this new deal with EMI. If I want to put that track out, I can just put it out. So it's going to be really awesome in the sense that there are no limitations to how much we can release. Plus, I'm in charge of the pricing.

"Obviously, fidelity is very important to people's perceptions, so if I don't think something's up to snuff sonically, or if I think something is more of a document, like, 'Hey, you wanna check this out? It's pretty cool, it's not amazing, but it's good,' I can do that and be reasonable with the pricing."

[re: Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama demo]

"I didn't know the lyrics. Obviously, we were just joking around. But that's the kind of thing we can put up on Facebook. A bit too much has been made of the track. Really, it was just us fucking off – we didn't even know how the song went. It was kind of a rough homage. But because of the deal we have with EMI, even if I wanted to put it out on Facebook for a laugh, I could. We don't have to go through all of these channels, other than paying Lynyrd Skynyrd a publishing rate.

Some spin and a dig at...everyone?

BC said:
"I think the old version of the band never reached its full potential because of the drama. Let's remember, in 1995, the band was flying high, had just made a double album that was sprawling and aggressive…I mean, we went in there, balls-to-the-wall, and made some crazy music. We were pulling it off. We were just cresting on the wave when we imploded. People forget that. We never actually reached the full maximum of our potential. Of course, the heights that we did reach look very lofty in hindsight, and people think that's as far as we could have gone. We would've gone way further if some people would've just gone to fucking rehab.

More at the link.

Oreoleo

Newest song: Owata

Not too bad actually, though I think I liked the live version of the song more than most so I might be biased.

The synths are a little too bouncy FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN style, but you know, at this point that's a minor gripe.

Orellio said:

Not too bad actually, though I think I liked the live version of the song more than most so I might be biased.

The synths are a little too bouncy FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN style, but you know, at this point that's a minor gripe.

61RTriJZLvL._AA240_.jpg

-_-

Diablos

Orellio said:

CATCH UP WITH JESUS!

hahahahaaaaaaaaaa

Heyyyy Jesus, where u been girl?! LOLZ!

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT JESUS ALL THE TIME WTF

Just listened, and this song is awful. Not even going to download. Worst Teargarden track since Widow Wake My Mind. CRAP.

Macam said:
A lengthy interview with more details (and BC fluff):

The good:

Some spin and a dig at...everyone?

More at the link.
Yeah well, the EMI thing certainly sounds very promising.

Maybe some people should have gone to rehab, but at the same time, it's pretty shitty of Corgan to act like he had nothing to do with it. He chose to make a total departure album (Adore) instead of taking a break and figuring out where to take their then-epic level of popularity. I respect his decision because it made their discog all the more diverse in the long run, but again, it's pretty shitty of him for pointing the finger at everyone else. Ranks up there with the "James Iha broke up the Pumpkins" comment which is also total bs.

Anyway, I think I posted this before but I'm gonna post it again. James Iha produced this track, it's called "Deadbeat" by Hunters, it's a total romp and I love it.

http://rcrdlbl.com/2011/02/09/download_hunters_deadbeat

Kicks the everlovin' shit out of this Otawa nonsense. +1 James! Maybe he should start producing Teargarden tracks. :D

Top Bottom