• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ROUND 2 HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED. ANY SUBMISSION AFTER THIS POST, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CATFISH VS. BISTRO WILL NOT BE COUNTED!!

Forfeit wins: Nikashi vs. Bdizzle = Nikashi wins.
Pachinko vs. Bob White = Pachinko wins.

To enk and biggkidd... I have your results already! Yes! I am a psychic!

Also to the guys that missed their matches... rest assured you will not be entering any tournament I host in the future.

Enk

makes good threads.
Some pretty fierce matches we just had BiggKidd!

1st Match: Chun-li (Enk) vs Chun-li (BiggKidd) 2-3

I started strong on this one winning two matches but I guess BiggKidd was just warming up as he obliterated me for the next three. I should really start making use of Chun-li's standing jump fierce kick more often.

2nd Match Dictator (Enk) vs Chun-li (BiggKidd) 3-1 (?)

3rd Match Dictator (Enk) vs Chun-li (BiggKidd) 3-1

This one ended really close. With a sliver of health left on my Dictator I was expecting BiggKidd to make another comeback but i managed to catch him with an Ultra that put Chun-li into a deep sleep.

Winner: Enk

EDIT: Beaten by the psychic!

Damn you Enk I thought I was going to make a comeback too. :p
It took me a while to get use to dictator's movements and when I finally did it was too late. GGs

AZ Greg

TurtleSnatcher, does this weekend sometime work for you? I should be pretty flexible, just let me know when you're ready.

ultim8p00

Banned
Lyte Edge vs Ultim8p00 (2 - 0)

Good games. Was catching on a bit during the second match but not enough to win.
Rematch soon Lyte.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
XBox Winners' Bracket Match Round 3
------------------------------------------------
Lyte Edge Vs. Ultim8poo

Lyte Edge Wins, 2-0

Match Break-Down:

I used Chun-Li and Ultim8poo chose Ryu in both matches.

Match 1: Wasn't really sure how this was going to go for me since I have BlazBlue and Garou on the brain, but I played a more aggressive Chun and took down Ultim8poo in the first match 3-0, ending with a perfect in round three.

Match 2: The rematch; Ultim8poo was now more familiar with my play style and began to come back; I had a lot less life remaining in these matches, but took it 3-0.

--------------------------------------------------

Ulti if you want revenge, send me an incite and let's play again sometime! I think if we have more matches together, it's going to be a lot closer...

ultim8p00

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Ulti if you want revenge, send me an incite and let's play again sometime! I think if we have more matches together, it's going to be a lot closer...

Oh we will. I have to learn how to calm down when I get rushed. During the first match, I literally stood there completely blank and unable to think. I usually catch on to tactics a lot faster than that.

Pachinko

Well I tried to do my match with bob white, I requested his xbl tag before the deadline, I even went and checked after you'd already finished and he still hadn't accepted it. He also failed to post in this thread so my guess is he forgot about the tournament, ah well.

He likely would have beat me too.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ok

Me 2 Bistromatics 1

ran into each other online. Bistro took the first one and I got the following 2.

Games were good, I don't know the viper matchup so well and really got hammered on the first one. Bistro, you pretty much had it going on, but I think you fell for blankas ultra a little easy, something I realised and used to win one of the later rounds. However, all matches were pretty close with around 20% bar for the winner in most of the games.

Uh... you also set it to first to 2 for all the matches.... Relix? I thought matches would be first to 3 for the tourney....

XBox Losers' Bracket Match Round 3
Rummy Bunnz vs. _dementia (2 -0)

It's only been a few minutes but I've already forgotten how the rounds turned out. I think they were each 3-1. I was Cammy, he was Abel. I did accidental supers twice. OOPS.

GGs!

I should have counterpicked with my Balrog after the first set, but I probably would have still lost.
Good stuff.
It was 3-1 and 3-0 in Rummy's Favor

I was supposed to play DarkSloth tonight, but my PS3 is giving me problems. I think it is the blu ray drive. I seem to be able to play anything from the hard drive forever, but I can only play for ~30 minutes with the BR drive without it freezing.

Anyway, if we can't get the match in before the next deadline, just give him the win. I'm going to try to get it fixed before then, and I'll update either way.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Timedog beats BiggKidd 2-0

This was one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. He got me up two rounds in the first match, but it was because i somehow missed like 3 ultra attempts in a row. Fucking ex shoryuken would come out every single time after an anti air jab dragon! Then I started playing better. I missed 1 other ultra attempt in the 2nd match but it didn't really matter.

GG's.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Pachinko said:
Well I tried to do my match with bob white, I requested his xbl tag before the deadline, I even went and checked after you'd already finished and he still hadn't accepted it. He also failed to post in this thread so my guess is he forgot about the tournament, ah well.

He likely would have beat me too.
Whose your main and secondary character pachinko? Somehow I can't find your name on the list in the op despite checking it over like 3 times. Maybe I'm blind.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
catfish said:
Uh... you also set it to first to 2 for all the matches.... Relix? I thought matches would be first to 3 for the tourney....

Well... yeah its supposed to be 3 but if the match was concluded well... just leave it be.

Lyte Edge

Haven't heard from Akachan Ningen in a few days...guess his internet connection is still on the fritz? :/

myDingling said:
Lyte Edge, you're so nice in your match wrap-ups. I'm nominating you for least trash talking sf player :p

:lol I don't like to trash-talk and stay humble when it comes to competitive games. Everyone has their good match-ups and bad match-ups, an "off" day, or maybe they just aren't used to playing against a certain character or style. I'm in this for the fun of it!

Getting pissed off is likely to make you play worse, not better IMO; sometimes it is unbelievable listening to how angry players can get in these games or receiving scathing hate messages after the match, even if they win.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Relix said:
Well... yeah its supposed to be 3 but if the match was concluded well... just leave it be.
Ok cool. I can hopefully get another game done this weekend if you want. I'll let you in on a secret though, I simply don't understand how to read your diagram and no idea who I play next ;)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
catfish said:
Ok cool. I can hopefully get another game done this weekend if you want. I'll let you in on a secret though, I simply don't understand how to read your diagram and no idea who I play next ;)

Hahaha, you fight Nintendo Punk now.

catfish said:

We play next. I'll add you to xbl. armedcatfish right? im Nintendo Punk

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Winner's Bracket deadline is tomorrow! fights to be done!
Arde vs. Arstal
Lake Earth vs. Enk

on the PSN side we have:
dfyb vs. ptown

XBL LOSERS BRACKET IS ABSOLUTELY STUCK!! Guys get your games done ASAP!!

LakeEarth

LakeEarth vs. Enk (2-0)

Won both rounds 3-0 3-0 with my Honda vs Chun then Bison. I don't remember the matches long enough to give a recap, but 3 words that begin with H to describe it is "Honda hits hard."

Good games afterwards though.

Enk

makes good threads.
My god Lake Earth. Your Honda is quite the beast. No matter what I did I just couldn't seem to get the advantage over your attacks. Great games!

Match I: Chun-li (Enk) vs Honda (Lake Earth) 0-3
Match II Dictator (Enk) vs Honda (Lake Earth) 0-3

Winner: Lake Earth

No descriptions needed. Just imagine sheer amounts of pain and tears. ;-(

Enk

makes good threads.
LakeEarth said:
That's the greatest thing about Honda, your opponent gets any momentum and an EX headbutt will just stop it dead.

I was on the watchout for headbutts throughout, it was your mixups with the sumo smash and low kicks along with the jumping slaps that gave me the most trouble. Also it seemed like every move Bison had could be countered by the Oicho throw. I might've put up a better fight had I not put this game down since I started playing Garou last week.

XBL Losers Bracket

TurtleSnatcher vs AZ Greg (2-1)

That was a tough match.. It was Fuerte vs Vega.. I hate Vega.. Hes probably my worst match since no one plays him and he can just cause loads of shenanigans with his backflip so you cant really do mixups.

1st Match AZ Greg 3-0

He destroyed me.. I had no chance.. I had no idea what I was doing but started to see some patterns in his play.. I don't think he got 1 successful throw off me during the whole match because he would always try to throw right after a df + HK which I know is a great way for Vega to reset. I tech'd every one of them in all our matches I think. But he raped me..

2nd Match TurtleSnatcher 3-2

I lost the 1st round and was about to just give up but I started remembering his patterns and started capitlizing. I won the 2nd round.. he won the 3rd.. I won the 4th and 5th. I was blocking those Barcelona dives pretty well in all our matches and blocking the Cross up EX Claw Drill things he was doing as well.

3rd Match TurtleSnatcher 3-0

I have fully downloaded AZ Greg now. I am capitalizing on his mistakes.. I have changed up my splash game and now don't solely aim for a splash or a tortilla propeller. I end up using cross up Fierces which I don't think many people know Fuerte can do and I think I connected with every single one I attempted in our matches. It really wore him down. He did make 1 mistake where he threw his claw accidently and I then ran over and sat on it. He df + HK to get closer to it but I think he may have made the mistake of attempting to walk on top of it since he was so close and I got a throw for a good reset and cross up fierce. At the same time I started capitilizing off the blocked Barcelona Attacks and finishing them off with Ultra.. I forgot I could until I really tried. It worked well and I won all 3 matches (2 with ultra finishes).

Good games AZ Greg. Your Vega is beastly.

AZ Greg

GGs TurtleS.

You know, I think the slow start for you actually hurt me. It sorta lulled me and I got careless/predictable. I was going off the wall way too much. Should have gotten in and poked more. As for the df + HK throw reset, naturally I'm using the launcher to start my combo which is really Vega's only source of good damage, but if it's blocked I have to attempt a throw or I'll get thrown myself. Good on you for teching virtually all of them. Even if people know it's coming it's hard to keep up with. The most disappointing thing is that I almost had it in the second match. I can't remember if it's when I was up 2 rounds to 1 or if it was 2 rounds to 2, but I launched you in the corner and if I could have caught you with the throw it would have ended it, unfortunately you got to the ground before I could get the throw. :(

Both my losses come at the hands of a Fuerte. :(

AZ Greg said:
GGs TurtleS.

You know, I think the slow start for you actually hurt me. It sorta lulled me and I got careless/predictable. I was going off the wall way too much. Should have gotten in and poked more. As for the df + HK throw reset, naturally I'm using the launcher to start my combo which is really Vega's only source of good damage, but if it's blocked I have to attempt a throw or I'll get thrown myself. Good on you for teching virtually all of them. Even if people know it's coming it's hard to keep up with. The most disappointing thing is that I almost had it in the second match. I can't remember if it's when I was up 2 rounds to 1 or if it was 2 rounds to 2, but I launched you in the corner and if I could have caught you with the throw it would have ended it, unfortunately you got to the ground before I could get the throw. :(

Both my losses come at the hands of a Fuerte. :(

Yeah I remember that when you launched me right in the corner.. I landed before you so yo missed and I was able to get up fast while you were recovering from landing and hop the wall for a cross up splash.

EDIT: Guess I'm waiting on Avatar1 and Nikashi to have there match.

ptown

dfyb sent me a message asking what time is good and I threw some possible time out there, but I couldn't make it. It's been pretty difficult trying to find a good time for both of us ever since.

I've been on PSN sporadically, but unlucky enough to find dfyb on too during those times.

I'll be on PSN later today.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Relix said:
Winner's Bracket deadline is tomorrow! fights to be done!
Arde vs. Arstal
Lake Earth vs. Enk

on the PSN side we have:
dfyb vs. ptown

XBL LOSERS BRACKET IS ABSOLUTELY STUCK!! Guys get your games done ASAP!!

Our fight already happened, was posted 1 or 2 pages above. I won, barely.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix vs. Rentahamster (2-0; 6-3)

Match 1:
I have problems against Dhalsims at it showed in this match. I was having problems getting in and the 2 bar connection wasn't helping in the least bit :lol Thankfully I have played with MicVlad countless times and I had a feel on how to fight whatever Dhalsim threw at me. I fell into the super quite sometimes, but I managed to pull a dramatic last-minute victory against Rentahamster that allowed me to take this match. Ended 3-2, last round I mounted a comeback.

Match 2:
With a match already won, I decided to be more offensive this time, and I had a feel on how Rentahamster was playing. I took the first two rounds quick, showing off a bit, but the third round it cost me a bit and lost it. The fourth round was going the same way and I decided to just wait a bit and play more defensively. Managed to pull another round at the end to win this match 3-1.

Some notes:
1) Lag was definitely a factor. I am quite sure he would have beaten me or at least we would have been even if it wasn't for the lag. I am used to deal with it since Chun is so tricky and has so much timed attacks.
2) Don't throw that Ultra so randomly. It cost you a lot of chances you could have had later on.

All in all, good matches =) I am still alive!! :lol

Nikashi

Banned
For the record I was trying to play my match but I couldn't find anyone with 'bdizzle' as their GAF or XBLA name in the player list? Were they a late entrant or something?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Nikashi said:
For the record I was trying to play my match but I couldn't find anyone with 'bdizzle' as their GAF or XBLA name in the player list? Were they a late entrant or something?

Yes yes, it's my bad. I think it's back in Page 2 or 3 if you have 50 posts per page!

EDIT HERE:

bdizzle
XBL: sir long meat
Primary: Abel
Secondary: Balrog

Vard

Killa Sasa taught my Sak a lesson with his Cammy. (2-0, 6-0) :(

GGs, I'm proud I was able to win a few friendlies against some of your other characters at least, haha.

Vard said:
Killa Sasa taught my Sak a lesson with his Cammy. (2-0, 6-0) :(

GGs, I'm proud I was able to win a few friendlies against some of your other characters at least, haha.

GG's man. I kept eating that super :lol

Lyte Edge

PSN Winners' Bracket Match Round 4
Lyte Edge Vs. Akachan Ningen

Lyte Edge Wins, 2-0

Match Break-Down:

I used Chun-Li and Aka used Rufus and Dhalsim.

Match 1: I gave some of the vs. Rufus tactics I learned a try, and it worked pretty well...Chun's standing medium kick does a good job of stopping Rufus' dive kick, and with that out of the way, the match got easier for me. However, things were laggy (but still very playable) for me, but it could have been a lot worse on Aka's end. I won, 3-0.

Match 2: Aka went with Dhalsim. The lag got worse, especially in the last round, where the game would freeze for a second or two. I can't say much about the match because again lag could have been affecting Aka's whole game. I won this 3-0 too.

--------------------------------------------------

Aka, how were things on your end?

Nikashi

Banned
Relix said:
Yes yes, it's my bad. I think it's back in Page 2 or 3 if you have 50 posts per page!

EDIT HERE:

bdizzle
XBL: sir long meat
Primary: Abel
Secondary: Balrog

I'll try to play the match anyways, I don't feel good about winning just because hehe. I'll add him in a few mins.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Nikashi said:
I'll try to play the match anyways, I don't feel good about winning just because hehe. I'll add him in a few mins.

No no, fight Avatar 1. It's his fault for not caring a bit about the tournament. I already gave you the win can't change the whole brackets now =P

Lyte Edge

akachan ningen said:
Ass. The first match was fine but the second one was almost unplayable. I lost fairly anyway.

I wasn't having any problem with other matches today though.

Neither was I; played like 26 matches with FindMyFarms right after that, too.

Where do you live? West coast, right? Let's play BlazBlue this week; I bet it will be 10 times better than SF4's online has been for the two of us.

Lyte Edge said:
Neither was I; played like 26 matches with FindMyFarms right after that, too.

Where do you live? West coast, right? Let's play BlazBlue this week; I bet it will be 10 times better than SF4's online has been for the two of us.

Yeah, west coast. I remember playing a bunch of random matches with you a while back that weren't so laggy.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
dfyb said:
it possible to have a day or two extention so me and ptown can get our match in?

Looking at the PSN brackets... yeah, its shorter than the XBL one so the winner brackets can get done in two fights. It's ok as long as you do it by Wed!

Top Bottom