• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

ultim8p00

Banned
Hey Enk, I work like crazy but I'm sure we can work something out. Send me a FR or if not I'll send you one when I get back and we can FIGHT!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FindMyFarms said:
I was talking to Ploid and he mentioned wanting to join in the tourney, so keep him in mind.

Let's just use Ploid as a sub. This guy hasn't posted or shown interest and I am definitely not gonna babysit. Tell Ploid to PM me or post the info on the Tourney thread if he's interested and I'll add him as sub.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Real quick, I am hosting a small 16-player XBL tourney on another board...we need a 16th player so if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

Ploid 3.0

Relix said:
Let's just use Ploid as a sub. This guy hasn't posted or shown interest and I am definitely not gonna babysit. Tell Ploid to PM me or post the info on the Tourney thread if he's interested and I'll add him as sub.

Put me in coach.

Ploid 3.0 said:
Ploid 3.0
PSN: Ploid
Primary Character: Blanka
Secondary: Rufus

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ploid will substitute CaptainMcBlack on the tournament!!! So Akachan you fight him! I will make bracket changes later!!

Ploid 3.0

I saw capt in gaming forum and mentioned that his position may be replaced.

Akachan send me a psn message on when a good time for you will be.

Ploid 3.0 said:
I saw capt in gaming forum and mentioned that his position may be replaced.

Akachan send me a psn message on when a good time for you will be.

how about tonight at 9 pst? I'll send you a note on psn later in case you don't read this.

Ploid 3.0

Sounds good. Ready to be waxed by your skills. Have a feeling you're around findmyfarm, Galatic, etc level of skill. akaI'll-get-pwned.

KiNeSiS said:
PS3
PSN- MikeCisThaILLest

My Sagat will destroy all of you!

Maybe next time cause sign ups are ova~.

GG to ploid.

PSN Losers' Bracket Match Round 2
-----------------------------------------
me vs ploid (2,1) dhalsim, rufus vs blanka.
-----------------------------------------

Match Breakdown:

Match 1: I lost 2-3 playing as dhalsim

Match 2: After switching to rufus I relaxed a little and won 3-0.

Match 3: Ploid caught on and did better this round 3-1. pretty tense in the last few moments.

next up: me vs. Eraldo part 4!

Ploid 3.0

akachan ningen said:
Where's the rest? T_T

Was going to upload before I go to sleep. I can't play ps3 games online if I upload now. That first one took 1hr +. I have them prepped for upload at the press of a button. Bellsouth 1mb internet.

I liked the last two more, but did dhalsim first for order sake. Love to see great Rufus fighters. I'll be looking at it for tips too. You did some great setups for ultra that I've never seen. You missed a sick one after the jumping kicks to snake strikes in the corner, but the fact that you was ready for it... wow. /bow

Ploid 3.0 said:
Uploading video to youtube. Good games. You're darn flawless with rufus, wish I could play him like that. I always throw snake strikes by mistake.

First battle: Blanka vs Dhalsim (Akachan)
Don't know if you were trying to do just that during the first round aka ningen, but you can punish Blanka's Ultra with your own after blocking his. Super works too (and both), but Ultra would've been the better choice in that particular situation.

Round 2
ptown vs. KillaSasa (2,0; 6,4) = the G-Man couldn't get it done against his mortal enemy Bison.

insert BIISOOOOOOOON.gif

ptown's got moves. He's going far in this tourney. Had some awesome casuals afterwards too, glad to have another good Ryu to fight against.

Now to try and make up for teh failure on my part -_-'

Me and dementia cannot connect for some reason, is anyone willing to change their opponent? Of course if it is alright with Relix.

MoxManiac

Hey guys. My ps3 just died!! :((( Yellow light of doom.

Anyways you'll have to remove me from the tournament, I doubt getting the thing repaired/replaced will be in a timely enough fashion.

This fucking sucks :(

MoxManiac said:

Anyways you'll have to remove me from the tournament, I doubt getting the thing repaired/replaced will be in a timely enough fashion.

FFFFUUUUUUU

That's the exact same thing that happened to mine :( My heart goes out to you.

MicVlaD said:
Don't know if you were trying to do just that during the first round aka ningen, but you can punish Blanka's Ultra with your own after blocking his. Super works too (and both), but Ultra would've been the better choice in that particular situation.

I know but I kept messing up because I was looking at the wrong gauges. I'm used to being on the left side all the time so I thought I didn't have the Ultra. One of my many fuckups in that match.

XBL Losers bracket bottom half: let's kick it up a notch, yeah? Seems like me and Timedog have been sitting there for ages now and the thing isn't moving at all.

Lyte Edge

MoxManiac said:

NOOOO!! :( :( :( I feel for you man. Haven't had a problem with my PS3, but I'm on Xbox 360 #4. :/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Guys! Pick up the pace of the matches, you have like 5 days to do so. I don't want to start forfeiting everyone!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
_dementia said:
biggkidd and I have connection issues

Yeah I am waiting for someone to decide if they want to switch their matches... or I'll just do it manually for someone who's still waiting for the match. Will do it in like 8 hours.

Pachinko

Hurr durr, jumped the gun. I've had my xbox on for all of an hour or so this past week because of work and didn't see a friend request from bobwhite. I'll fire one off myself tommorow but I'm working till who knows when so I've no idea when my match will be done.

Any connection issues on XBL are probably to do with NAT settings so go into the xbox >settings > xbox live settings and run the connection test and make sure you get no errors. The host of any match pretty much has to have their NAT on open though if both are on moderate it could work. If either of you is on strict NAT you need to adjust your router in some fashion.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Eva01 beats McBradders 2-0

Eva01 schooled me pretty good, I got 2 rounds outta the 8 played :3

Any tips? I felt like I was totally outmatched. I have a feeling I'm way too predictable.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
EDIT: NVM! XD

Dementia and BigKidd, did you guys try changing the routers? Opening them all? Direct to Xbox? The program I am using will just NOT let me change opponents in the second round. I am gonna see what else I can do without screwing the brackets =(

Lyte Edge

Did you guys try making a player match in a different language (like say, Italian) and then trying to find each other without using invites? Worked for me.

eva01

McBradders
Any tips? I felt like I was totally outmatched. I have a feeling I'm way too predictable.

You should try working on Balrogs combo. I don't think you did any outside of crouching jab,jab,jab(even though we did have a 2 bar connection but that was expected). Punish those jumpins with crouching fierce punch. Save your ultra for a headbutt > ultra. Balrog's jab got me good but could of been better if you confirmed them into a headbutt > ultra. Be a little more mobile and use those normal attacks.

Lyte Edge said:
Did you guys try making a player match in a different language (like say, Italian) and then trying to find each other without using invites? Worked for me.

The problem is not only in game, we cannot even join the same xbox live party.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Killa Sasa said:
You fight the loser of prodystopian and dfyb.

Thanks! Yeah I added it to the bracket, somehow I missed that result :lol

Kidd and Dementia... I can't for the life of me change the brackets. I am gonna try one or two more things and see if I can get some changes done, but it looks hard.

Also people... come on, speed up -_-

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL Brackets
i4qr01.gif

PSN Brackets
sfypv7.gif

Guys... your games done. Please!

Top Bottom