• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

and in no surprise outcome....

akachan defeats EraldoCoil for the 4'th and final time.

i hereby declare that in any future tournaments, if we get matched again, i forfeit my match.......simply outclassed in every aspect.

ggs.

EraldoCoil said:
and in no surprise outcome....

akachan defeats EraldoCoil for the 4'th and final time.

i hereby declare that in any future tournaments, if we get matched again, i forfeit my match.......simply outclassed in every aspect.

ggs.

what are you talking about, you came so close. you were one sweep away from beating me.

Turtlesnatcher 2 - Won - 1

GG's Won. 2 sec delay on everything due to lag. We rock :(

The Fuerte match in lag is impossible absolutely pointless..

Those perfects on both our ends shouldn't have been but the delay was so bad couldn't do anything.

GG's

Won

Yeah, that was horrible. Thank god I'm out. Don't have to put up with you laggy americans anymore! :lol

Won said:
Yeah, that was horrible. Thank god I'm out. Don't have to put up with you laggy americans anymore! :lol
Haha after you wont he first I was praying you would dominate me so I could leave. I had to eat lunch with my parents in now (12 mins) and I just didnt want t to lag and take too much time :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
bah just got back from vacation.... gutted to miss my game. Is there no losers bracket for this, out is just out?

I'm jetlagged as hell and can't follow....

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
catfish said:
bah just got back from vacation.... gutted to miss my game. Is there no losers bracket for this, out is just out?

I'm jetlagged as hell and can't follow....

You fight Bistromathics!

Rummy Bunnz vs sonicspear64 (2-1)

GGs Rummy. I through out that hadouken at the end because I thought I'd have enough time to recover before your ultra (which I predicted). :lol

Arde5643

AZ Greg said:
Arde, let's try and get our match in tomorrow (Sunday) if you can. I should be available most of the day.
Hi AZ Greg, sorry I was offline for the last couple of days - was busy moving.

I'm back online now if you can play.

ultim8p00

Banned
ultim8p00 vs _dementia (2 - 0)
idk if I'm even reporting that right, but I won.

Good fight dementia!!! So awesome!
Man when I missed that ex tatsu into Ultra in the corner! Pissed me off!

btw you figured out my weakness really fast. Please don't tell anyone.

ultim8p00 said:
ultim8p00 vs _dementia (2 - 0)
idk if I'm even reporting that right, but I won.

Good fight dementia!!! So awesome!
Man when I missed that ex tatsu into Ultra in the corner! Pissed me off!

btw you figured out my weakness really fast. Please don't tell anyone.
i feel like I played like shit

very good stuff though, mad props

LakeEarth

LakeEarth vs TaKerx

CLOSE games, he has a great Balrog. If it weren't for anti-air headbutt I wouldn't have won.

2-0, 2-1, 0-2, 2-1.

EDIT - now that I think about it, I invited him when he was playing CoD, while I was nicely warmed up. I feel kind of bad now :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL Round 2 Fights Yet to be done

Winners:
Arde vs. AZ Greg
BigKidd vs Enk

Losers:
Nikashi vs. bdizzle
dfyb vs. iam86
catfish vs. bistromathics
Pachinko vs. Bob White

PSN Fights
Prodystopian vs. dfyb

Bravo to the PSN guys, they are almost done :lol

Arde5643

Relix said:
XBL Round 2 Fights Yet to be done

Winners:
Arde vs. AZ Greg
BigKidd vs Enk

Losers:
Nikashi vs. bdizzle
dfyb vs. iam86
catfish vs. bistromathics
Pachinko vs. Bob White

PSN Fights
Prodystopian vs. dfyb

Arde v AZ Greg (2,0)

Biggest surprise coming to this match is AZ Greg not using Chun Li at all against Fuerte and instead using Claw for 2 straight matches.

While he did beat me in subsequent post-tourney matches with Claw, I feel that using Chun would've been better for the 1st match. I think it would've made a strategic difference in how I would've tried to approach Claw if he used Chun first.

Relix said:
PSN Fights
Prodystopian vs. dfyb

Sorry, guys, our schedules have just conflicted until now, but we should be getting the match in tomorrow night.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
prodystopian said:
Sorry, guys, our schedules have just conflicted until now, but we should be getting the match in tomorrow night.

Na it's ok, you have like 36 hours to get this done so you have the time... I think. =)

Vard, if you're reading this, I was the guy with the wack PSN tag that tried to add you. Don't know if you recognized it or not :lol or whether you've even been online yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Akachan Ningen was having internet issues last night so we couldn't play; hoping to play tonight or tomorrow perhaps.

Have Dementia and Ultim8p00 had their match yet?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lyte Edge said:
Akachan Ningen was having internet issues last night so we couldn't play; hoping to play tonight or tomorrow perhaps.

Have Dementia and Ultim8p00 had their match yet?

They did. Ultim won.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Relix, me and bistromathics are on diff timezones by 6 hours.... he's 6 hours behind and we both work full time... wednesday is going to be tricky, can't see it working for either of us before the weekend. What do you suggest?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
catfish said:
Relix, me and bistromathics are on diff timezones by 6 hours.... he's 6 hours behind and we both work full time... wednesday is going to be tricky, can't see it working for either of us before the weekend. What do you suggest?

>_< wow. You guys had this weekend. If I extended your time I would have to do it with the other 3 matches that are yet to be finished and that would delay the whole bracket. Sorry there's not much I can do, unless you guys can somehow confirm me that you can fight at some point in the next 24-36 hours and looking at the time zone difference... yep, that's gonna be hard

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Relix said:
>_< wow. You guys had this weekend. If I extended your time I would have to do it with the other 3 matches that are yet to be finished and that would delay the whole bracket. Sorry there's not much I can do, unless you guys can somehow confirm me that you can fight at some point in the next 24-36 hours and looking at the time zone difference... yep, that's gonna be hard

nah, I didn't have this weekend unfortunately, arrived back from south america at 10pm sun night..

I did put my travel times in my OP in this thread me thinks, didn't realise it would screw up 2 rounds so badly though was pretty sure I'd miss one..... uh how to resolve? Can we get it done sat or not? If it helps I could smash out all my games remaining (if I make it past 1) during the weekend coming up, so if I made it to next round I could get all/any further games done in the weekend.

Vard

Killa Sasa said:
Vard, if you're reading this, I was the guy with the wack PSN tag that tried to add you. Don't know if you recognized it or not :lol or whether you've even been online yet.
I'm still recovering from eye surgery I had last Wednesday... haven't done anything the past few days but my sight is getting better. What's the date we need to get our matches done by? I'll probably want to hold off as long as possible to be honest - maybe we can get our rounds in this upcoming weekend though.

Vard said:
I'm still recovering from eye surgery I had last Wednesday... haven't done anything the past few days but my sight is getting better. What's the date we need to get our matches done by? I'll probably want to hold off as long as possible to be honest - maybe we can get our rounds in this upcoming weekend though.

Damn, was not aware of this. Take as much time as you need/Relix will allow. I'm not sure the date we need to, probably not for a while to be honest, the 2nd round ends tomorrow IIRC.

ProDysstopian v dfyb 0-2

I want to say that I don't know the matchup, but even if I did, I would have been beat. dfyb has a great Fuerte. And his Gouken is damn good too. Almost took a round off his Gouken, not even close with his Fuerte.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Killa Sasa said:
Damn, was not aware of this. Take as much time as you need/Relix will allow. I'm not sure the date we need to, probably not for a while to be honest, the 2nd round ends tomorrow IIRC.

It's a 3rd round match, so next week probably. I am looking at the calendar to pick the best finishing date for Round 3.

As for catfish... hmm..... I will grant you guys till Saturday. It was my bad to put you guys in separate timezones so I'll compensate for that and give you guys the extra time. Everyone else... You have about 8 hours to get your matches done or Ill flip a coin and decide who wins.

dfyb

Banned
kept messing stuff up with my 360 stick -- need to use it more often. GGs jam

Losers XBL Bracket:
dfyb vs. jam86 (1,2)

and that knocks me out

jam86 vs. dfyb 2- 1
I haven't played in awhile but those last 2 matches I had the shakes for some reason lol. ggs, elfuerte is such a tricky bastard

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Bigkidd vs. Enk
Catfish vs. Bistro = I gave them till Saturday since i was at fault with the time zone difference.
Nikashi vs. Bdizzle
Pachinko vs. Bob White

Four Round 2 Matches remain!!

You guys have about 24 hours to get the matches done.

PSN R2 Bracket is done!!

ROUND 3:
  • [*]Winner's Bracket: Monday June 28th at 9PM EST
    [*]Loser's Bracket: Wednesday June 30th at 9PM EST

Updated Brackets!

PSN
2ew09r8.gif

XBL
2d9ya0k.gif

Relix said:
Bigkidd vs. Enk
Catfish vs. Bistro = I gave them till Saturday since i was at fault with the time zone difference.
Nikashi vs. Bdizzle
Pachinko vs. Bob White

Four Round 2 Matches remain!!

You guys have about 24 hours to get the matches done.

PSN R2 Bracket is done!!

ROUND 3:
  • [*]Winner's Bracket: Monday June 28th at 9PM EST
    [*]Loser's Bracket: Wednesday June 30th at 9PM EST

since me and lyte edge are ahead of schedule right now, that deadline doesn't apply to us right?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Phatsaqs vs. quero (2,1)

Fuckin awesome match. I got smacked around pretty good here but somehow came out with it. GGs quero.

eva01

Very good games saqs :)

On the second set when you did an ultra I tried to counter yours with mine but an ex fireball came out.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
akachan ningen said:
since me and lyte edge are ahead of schedule right now, that deadline doesn't apply to us right?

Yeha doesn't apply. You guys can still go ahead and do the match if you want to, but you have like 2 weeks.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Arstal vs. Arde 5643(2,1)

Brutal match, I was getting beat on bad and had to throw away Honda for the first time.
That last matchup was particularly tough, and I still feel like I didn't really deserve this one.

Now comes the even harder match.

Arde5643

Arde vs Arstal (1,2)

1st match: Fuerte v Honda
A turtle fight as usual - I know the match-up pretty well and was able to bait Arstal into doing unsafe headbutts or got him as he was charging. Once Honda was knocked down, I was able to harass him on the wakeup or at least make him lose his EX meter as he spent it doing EX buttslam.

2nd match: Fuerte v Rose
Here it shows my biggest problem with Rose: I rarely fight against her so I don't know what safe or unsafe moves/block string she has that I can punish or should block/avoid.

3rd match: Gen v Rose
Same thing as the 2nd match - thinking about it now, I should've used Fuerte here since I know even less about Gen v Rose match-up.

The biggest problem I had against Arstal was him using Rose. Although I don't think Fuerte or Gen has a bad match-up against Rose, but just the severe lack of match-up knowledge put me in a great disadvantage from the start.

Good going for Arstal for actually using such an underutilized character, but hopefully his Honda will be able to match up with Saq's killer Rose (Arstal should probably also start training Chun as well for the secondary for the Saq match).

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Arde5643 said:
Arde vs Arstal (1,2)

1st match: Fuerte v Honda
A turtle fight as usual - I know the match-up pretty well and was able to bait Arstal into doing unsafe headbutts or got him as he was charging. Once Honda was knocked down, I was able to harass him on the wakeup or at least make him lose his EX meter as he spent it doing EX buttslam.

2nd match: Fuerte v Rose
Here it shows my biggest problem with Rose: I rarely fight against her so I don't know what safe or unsafe moves/block string she has that I can punish or should block/avoid.

3rd match: Gen v Rose
Same thing as the 2nd match - thinking about it now, I should've used Fuerte here since I know even less about Gen v Rose match-up.

The biggest problem I had against Arstal was him using Rose. Although I don't think Fuerte or Gen has a bad match-up against Rose, but just the severe lack of match-up knowledge put me in a great disadvantage from the start.

Good going for Arstal for actually using such an underutilized character, but hopefully his Honda will be able to match up with Saq's killer Rose (Arstal should probably also start training Chun as well for the secondary for the Saq match).

Yeah, I was so frustrated after the first one, I figured I'd lose again, so I was like, what the hell, at least try something different. I was shocked that it actually worked. Fuerte I don't see much at all, Gen I have seen enough to know how to fight it some. Plus I saw how much you liked FA, and the soul drill is fairly safe for a FA buster, so that's why I switched. Honda's headbutt is too obvious, and I could tell you knew how to defend vs Honda quite well. I'm mad about round 4 3rd match, when I was wakeup super is coming, and accidentally backdashed into it. I'm going to blame being under heavy pressure for the mental breakdown there.

I know I won't be able to win Rose vs Rose, especially since my Rose is just a poor copy.

Enk

makes good threads.
BiggKidd and me should be battling it out tonight. We meant to fight last night but I missed him right when he jumped off.

Top Bottom