• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

LowParry

Seiken said:
You know what, you're right. Last time we played was two years ago (when he completely fucked me in Tekken 4) but that game was shit. I'll give it a try.

Times have changed. And in Tekken 6, everything goes. That's beauty of T6 because of how well balanced it is. Every character has a chance. Just watch a lot of Paul videos. Look for visual cues of his moves that you're familiar with. Also go check out Zaibatsu's page with his move list and look at the new and changed moves. Those are the more important moves to look at.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Seiken said:
Great, I just got informed that Fredrik Tall is going to the fucking tournament.

Just fucking great.

I'm not going to the tourny now, fucking ridiculous that I'm more hyped then anyone in the world and I can't get the game on release.

I'm going to go eat my shit or something, piece of shit.

What? :lol

MrMephistoX

Ferrio said:
7.5 Sound
Decent tunes mix with an odd combination of numerous languages. Characters speak in English, Japanese and Chinese. How do they understand each other?!

Wow,this is one of the most idiotic critiques of all time. I take it the reviewer is the type that prefers all digital Nazis to speak with a British accents as well?

tribal24 said:
to anyone who has the game what does display types do? i dont see much of a diffrence between them

digital foundry (or someone similar) should have a breakdown soon enough.

According to some ppl, the motion blur mode is an effect to simulate an "even higher framerate".

LowParry

tribal24 said:
to anyone who has the game what does display types do? i dont see much of a diffrence between them

Wait, you talking the effects of blur going off and on? It's already been discussed.

MrDenny

The Gametrailers preview suggested there are 42 character available to choose from.
Can anyone confirm if there are 42 characters available in versus mode?
I'm not sure if they were referring to scenerio campaign or versus.
No spoilers please.

Rider approved! :D
ridertekken.jpg

Nelo Ice

Banned
nice t6 is $49 on amazon now and i already got it down to $33
with price adjusment i should be getting it for around $28-$30 :D

MrDenny

Nelo Ice said:
yep amazon continues to be god! :D
btw u guys should preorder off amazon since u can get it for $44 atm with the 5TEKKEN6 coupon
My order still says 53.99.
Will it get adjusted, or should I cancel and reorder?

MrDenny

IGN AU REVIEW

8.0 Presentation
Long load times are a minus, but fixable through HDD installation. Menus are fairly straightforward; everything works just right without being flamboyant.

8.5 Graphics

Very nice; people will enjoy watching as much as playing. Helicopters crashing, buildings burning, pig trucks crashing – the backgrounds have it all.

6.0 Sound
Awful is the short answer – they haven’t got the mix right since way back in Tekken 3. SFX are average as well, but turning it all down and pumping your own tracks is the way to go.

9.0 Gameplay
One of the most playable fighting series’ ever, and Tekken 6 doesn’t let the legacy down. If you have ever enjoyed a Tekken, you will love this one.

9.0 Lasting Appeal

Learn a character, take on a friend. Repeat. The single player mode will undoubtedly only hold so much appeal, but as long as you have friends or broadband, you are good to go.

Overall: 9.0

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CcrooK said:
You could just mail me your copy. Problem solved. :D

Uh, what? I was just curious if the BGM is bad. I've never seen complaints about sound like this all year. So, I was curious if it was the BGM, sound quality, mixing or what.

LowParry

Kintaro said:
Uh, what? I was just curious if the BGM is bad. I've never seen complaints about sound like this all year. So, I was curious if it was the BGM, sound quality, mixing or what.

Dangit! Naw. BGM is tops. I think it may be the best of Tekken really. I just want the gaaaaaaaame. -sigh-

V_Arnold

Jinfash said:
Ok, fair enough. I was just confused by how needed someone to explain the incompetency of the 360's controller when it comes to fighters in general. The community has been very vocal about it.

That's understandable, and if you were content with how SFIV played with the regular controller you'll have no problems in enjoying Tekken.

The D-Pad is very far from perfect, but really, it is FAR more easier to blame the controller than to realize how messed up and imperfect one's input methods can be developed into in a few years.

It was like my friends yellin to me at XBl "HOW COME I DID AN ULTRA, AND AN EX SRK COMES OUT"? And I just tell them to take a deep breath, and realize that they are doing the first QCF motion too fast, thus it only really is just like a "tap forward" - and that is the problem. Once they realized this, some of them started to practice, and now the top players in our community have absolutely zero problems using the 360 with analogue. For me, consistency on moves are way above 95%, even in fast links. The only times I miss I know well enough that my nervous playstyle was to blame, not the controller.

CPS2

hamchan said:
Hopefully IGN AU is right about having broadband. I don't want a crapload of lag when I face Americans.

I wouldn't expect the netcode to be that good. Just play other Aussies.

Chairhome

Since I'm getting this from the Best Buy Sale, if anyone is going to have a CTS DLC code that they're not planning on using, please let me know. I'll pay a few bucks if needed. I don't know why, but I want that skin, haha.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
EraldoCoil said:
Heihachi's ending......
What....the...fuck...?? SMH
You have the game already? What's the old man's ending? And did you get Jin's ending yet?

(Spoiler it for everyone please)

7.5 graphics and they dumped on the environments, disappointing Namco couldn't do better then that

and poor load times in a fighting game really kill the mood

Top Bottom