• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hmm, I think I need to control my hype a bit and wait for online play impressions before spending the money.

rvy

Banned
Why couldn't they have a story mode like Tekken 5.

29wmnpw.gif
29wmnpw.gif
29wmnpw.gif

Jubs

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Amazon has cut the price of Tekken 6 to $49, both 360 and PS3.

I still haven't decided if I want this yet, but wanted to pass the word along.

LowParry

Kintaro said:
Hmm, I think I need to control my hype a bit and wait for online play impressions before spending the money.

Impressions have been all positive but I don't blame ya on the wait. Probably first thing I do when I get the game is hop online right away and test out a few matches.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
CcrooK said:
Impressions have been all positive but I don't blame ya on the wait. Probably first thing I do when I get the game is hop online right away and test out a few matches.

Well, I have a good deal of stuff on my plate here too. I would like to play this, Ratchet Future, Borderlands PC unlocks and Torchlight. Then Dragon Age the next week. So...yeah. Something is going to be left out.

Jubs said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Amazon has cut the price of Tekken 6 to $49, both 360 and PS3.

I still haven't decided if I want this yet, but wanted to pass the word along.

$45 after 5TEKKEN6 coupon.

Barrage

PLayed it last night.

As someone who loved Tekken 5, T6 is pretty good in it's own right. Sure, the brawler mode is FUBARed, and 90% of the endings are shit, but I really like the music, lighting, and stages. And for once, almost all the new characters are interesting.

Speaking personally though, I hope this is the last game we see Jin/Kazuya/Heihachi as the leads. The story is ust rediculously convoluted now-it's time to start fresh.

I hope T7 does something different-either a jump forward in time, ala Tekken 3, or some other way to freshen the cast. Because the roster is really stagnant at this point.

Teknoman

Barrage said:
PLayed it last night.

As someone who loved Tekken 5, T6 is pretty good in it's own right. Sure, the brawler mode is FUBARed, and 90% of the endings are shit, but I really like the music, lighting, and stages. And for once, almost all the new characters are interesting.

Speaking personally though, I hope this is the last game we see Jin/Kazuya/Heihachi as the leads. The story is ust rediculously convoluted now-it's time to start fresh.

I hope T7 does something different-either a jump forward in time, ala Tekken 3, or some other way to freshen the cast. Because the roster is really stagnant at this point.

Hows online mode working out for you?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Went ahead and purchased from Amazon. I am saving a few bucks, who cares if I get it late :lol

EDIT: wow reading some impressions scare me >_>

Teknoman said:
Hows online mode working out for you?
I'm not certain about 360 versions, but for the PS3, the online mode needs to be patched in, according to the manual... So we're just waiting on that patch.

And to clarify, you only need to go through Scenario Campaign once. Each stage unlocks a character that you can go to the Arena with and attempt to unlock endings (Arena = Arcade mode in SC).

Totally pointless. I much prefer the old school way of unlocking stuff in Tekken.
What the hell was Namco thinking?

Lastly, does ANYONE have some insight on Azazul's mechanics? Is it a random shield or what? Either way: worst Tekken boss ever.

Teknoman

Oh, ended up ordering the 360 version ( have mad catz fight stick already so figured i'd get that version). Hoping the online mode turns out great for both versions.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Teknoman said:
Oh, ended up ordering the 360 version ( have mad catz fight stick already so figured i'd get that version). Hoping the online mode turns out great for both versions.
Awesome. Need more 360 Tekken 6 players :D

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
For those of you who're complaining about the brawler mode: other than unlocking the endings, why are you still playing that mode? are there any other unlockables I'm not aware of?

I mean looking back, I would never have bothered playing through the story mode if all the characters were available from the get go.

lulstorywut?

CcrooK said:
I'm not buying Tekken for the story. :lol

Oh my, this post could be read in two totally opposite ways.

LowParry

Jinfash said:
For those of you who're complaining about the brawler mode: other than unlocking the endings, why are you still playing that mode? are there any other unlockables I'm not aware of?

I mean looking back, I would never have bothered playing through the story mode if all the characters were available from the get go.

lulstorywut?

It's a good source for free money and items but that's pretty much the jist of it really. It's just a good side distraction away from the real deal.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Looking sharp Mark Man.

CcrooK said:
It's a good source for free money and items but that's pretty much the jist of it really. It's just a good side distraction away from the real deal.
The real deal in this iteration is... online?

I still can't believe that there's no Dojo mode :'(

Played this for a couple of hours at a friends place last night and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Soul Calibur looks to now be the Namco fighter.

What happened to the Tekken we all knew and loved? The story mode is stripped from the arcade and we're forced to play this horrible tacked on pseudo Tekken-esque RPG shite? What genius came up with this? This new mode feels so broken, so disjointed from the traditional fighting game mechanic it really hampers the entire game.

As for the gimped Arcade mode, what's left is okay. A few of the stages are interesting and the new characters are alright. Why must every fighting game now have one guy who's a big tub of goo. Silly and pointless.

Graphically, not only can the game not even hold a candle to Namco's own Soul Calibur IV, Virtua Fighter 5 trounces it coming and going. The characters all look to be of Xbox 1 quality.

What the hell happened, Namco? This went from a day one buy for me, to an altogether pass.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What are the chances of Namco patching the game and releasing some extra modes as DLC for fr..... bwahaha I couldn't even complete the sentence.

Jinfash said:
What are the chances of Namco patching the game and releasing some extra modes as DLC for fr..... bwahaha I couldn't even complete the sentence.

they said free DLC since any DLC will just be unlocking whatever is on the disc but as far as extra mode(s)? They could do a Capcom and just release a revised game <3

LowParry

Jinfash said:

They've been stating DLC as free for quite a while actually.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
DMPrince said:
they said free DLC since any DLC will just be unlocking whatever is on the disc but as far as extra mode(s)? They could do a Capcom and just release a revised game <3
CcrooK said:
They've been stating DLC as free for quite a while actually.
I remember that, but I assumed it meant free items and character creation content a la SCIV. Extra modes is what I'm hoping for but it's a farfetched dream, since it would be a first for Namco.

At the onset of the game there's an approximately TEN MINUTE video synopsis of the entire series, summarizing the story of each title beginning with the first Tekken.

After watching it, I understood the story even less. It actually made me really sad to see just how far the mighty have fallen.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
pixel monkey said:
At the onset of the game there's an approximately TEN MINUTE video synopsis of the entire series, summarizing the story of each title beginning with the first Tekken.

After watching it, I understood the story even less. It actually made me really sad to see just how far the mighty have fallen.

You know you are killing my excitement right *sadface*

Relix said:
You know you are killing my excitement right *sadface*

Sorry. But if it makes you feel any better, no one was more surprised and disappointed than me. I can't even begin to count how many hours I've poured into this franchise over the years.

Caj814

why is there an ad for lesbian love on the bottom page?:lol anyways whose going to a midnight release tomorrow?

Anastacio said:
What organisation are we up against in the Scenario Campaign?
Mishima.

But don't expect to fight them often. Expect shirtless meatheads, feathered bikini bodyguards, and bear cubs.
I'm anticipating a kangaroo stage soon.

Calcaneus

pixel monkey said:

But Tekken has never been about the story, really. The storyline has never factored in to the appeal of the series for me.

Holy crap, does this game have a ridiculously bad singleplayer mode or what? PSone-era level beat'em up sequences, horrible loading _between_ cut scenes, voice-less dialogue with no animation at all, and on top of that Azazel if you try to unlock actual endings?

Someone with the finished game, please tell me the PS3 version doesn't have 20 second loading between tries on Azazel. "Continue? *20 second load* *10 second still picture of Azazel* *fight starts again*"

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Really hoping the online helps shrink all the problems noted on this page.

Really don't want to have to play the new Tekken Force- it gets worse every iteration. :(

Top Bottom