• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

scotcheggz

My penis is so hard for this game. I couldn't give a shit about 2 profiles having knobbish costumes. As long as it plays great I'm gonna blow my load everywhere, everyday for the forseable future. :D

Hopefully I can find out how well it plays tomorrow, since my pre-order shipped on friday. Fingers crossed!

Zeenbor

Bob White said:
Fucking wow.

1. Game looks great.
2. It plays great.
3. The one profile thing is fucking lame.
4. THE GAME PLAYS FUCKING GREAT

Umm, I dont know how to say this but anyone talking shit about this game..well.....you might just be a fucking scrub who doesnt know shit about fighting games.

The FLUFF of this game is cheesy bullshit namco added just because. Yes, I admit that. But the actual FIGHTING GAME part is just goddamn amazing.

DOA 4 better than T6? lolwut? Do you even PLAY fighting games, monkey?

No doubt, it plays AWESOME. New moves and animations are ace.

Just doesn't look all that great, IMO. They should of had more simple backgrounds and put more detail on the characters and/or increased resolution.

Having to go thru the beat em up was a mistake as I'm forced to play through that garbage to see characters endings. Hopefully, Namco can fix this shit and allow you to unlock character endings thru arcade mode with a patch.

Bob White

Quick notes:

Install is a must. Out of box loading blows. Music seems a little low. Kinda like how the vocal track in Batman Begins just felt "off". This game has great music and I really dont feel I can hear it like I want to.

Zafina is low tier? If so I cant tell. Having a blast with her.

And again for a new page. The gameplay is fucking awesome.

Bob White said:
Fucking wow.

1. Game looks great.
2. It plays great.

Umm, I dont know how to say this but anyone talking shit about this game..well.....you might just be a fucking scrub who doesnt know shit about fighting games.

The FLUFF of this game is cheesy bullshit namco added just because. Yes, I admit that. But the actual FIGHTING GAME part is just goddamn amazing.

That's what Ive been thinking but never bothered to post. Some people in here are crying about endings. WTF I played Tekken on PSP for almost 2 years straight. In that time frame I had 2 endings unlocked.

Also why are people griping about the campaign mode. Most of your play time should be between Practice/online. I would only go to Arcade mode to nail down getting good with a new character before jumping online.

Campaign is simply a diversion to get more money to buy pretty clothes. Also if you if you're not liking the party then fucking leave. You're stinking up the mood for everyone else trying to have a good time.

louie

Quick question - are the character endings related to achievements in anyway? Because if not then i could just look at them online and save myself the trouble.

Also have any of the hidden achievements/trophies been discovered yet?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Campaign is simply a diversion to get more money to buy pretty clothes. Also if you if you're not liking the party then fucking leave. You're stinking up the mood for everyone else trying to have a good time.

These reactions are worse than the disappointment from others at the basic, stupid mistakes made with the release. Yes, the gameplay is hot, but Tekken on console has always, always had more to play through and have fun with.

My friend and I were looking forward to customizing characters in vs, but now only one person can have a custom character in Vs? That blows. Loading is always concerning and making Tekken Force a requirement sucks too.

My biggest concern is also the quality of online play so I've decided to wait a week until I pick it up.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Installed the game onto the 360 HD earlier. Don't need to turn on 'quick select' in options anymore, cause the character models load up the same speed as the arcade now. Pretty sweet.

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Also if you if you're not liking the party then fucking leave. You're stinking up the mood for everyone else trying to have a good time.

Pimpbaa said:
Shitting up official threads for games seems to be his favorite pass time.

Nelo Ice said:
yeah now that u say it he was the same guy bitching about everything in prototype :lol

Oh, that's right...I forgot that dissenting points of view are not allowed. God forbid someone should have a different opinion of a game that some assholes on GAF have already graced with their seal of approval....BEFORE THEY'VE EVEN FUCKING PLAYED IT.

Cry, cry...bitch, bitch. If you don't like my opinion, AN OPINION FROM A BIG FAN OF THE FUCKING FRANCHISE, then play the fucking game and form your own. Until then...shut the fuck up.

MrPliskin

Banned
MarkMan - how loud would we all have to bark to get them to fix the profile BS? I mean seriously, it's absolutely ridiculous. Tekken 5 on PS2 was considerably more feature packed when it comes to profiles...so what gives? Do some digging, because I think it's a really really big deal.

LowParry

Alright alright alright. Everyone calm down. People will love or hate the game. It's the same with any other game. Now, onto the bigger news. PS3 online is enabled? Mutha fuckin' impressions please!

Zeenbor

The online is quite spotty. I've been disconnected 3/5 times.

When it does play, its pretty smooth.

Also, didn't see the option to replay current player, which is retarded.

Zeenbor said:
The patch is up for online mode on PS3. YESSSSS!!!!
Really?? Awesome. :D

Oh, and for the record, I never said anything was wrong with the gameplay/fighting system. In fact, it's just about the only thing that's "right" in this Tekken. Sure that's what mostly counts in a Tekken game, but the side distractions like playing through Arcade to unlock characters and endings are sorely missed - mostly because we're forced to play through the downright BAD Scenario Campaign mode in order to do so, now.

Hopefully Namco returns to the old format for the next Tekken. I doubt this one will be received well.

Revolutionary said:
...the side distractions like playing through Arcade to unlock characters and endings are sorely missed - mostly because we're forced to play through the downright BAD Scenario Campaign mode in order to do so, now.

Hopefully Namco returns to the old format for the next Tekken. I doubt this one will be received well.

Shhhhhhh...careful, Rev. Dissenting opinions are not welcome here.

Some folks in this thread have decided to reject reality and instead substitute their own.

Spruchy

Zeenbor said:
The online is quite spotty. I've been disconnected 3/5 times.

When it does play, its pretty smooth.

Also, didn't see the option to replay current player, which is retarded.

IT MUST BE YOUR TV!
Connection?

It cannot be Tekken's fault if you disagree with me you are a peasant.

LowParry

TZ impressions have been good so far. A little hit and misses here and there but it seems a good overall experience.

Was matchmade with the same person twice... I'm hoping it was his connection but both matches were laggy enough to make a difference. Lost the first, won the second...

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Bob White said:
Fucking wow.

1. Game looks great.
2. It plays great.

I'm with this man. :D

fionel

is the scenario campaign really that bad? I loved the Tekken force mode in 3 and 4 and always wished for co-op.

hamchan

I'm feeling sad after reading some impressions. I'm still going to play the game religiously but after the polished T5 and DR it's dissapointing to hear that Namco have slipped up in T6, especially after the long wait.

MrPliskin

Banned
pixel monkey said:
Shhhhhhh...careful, Rev. Dissenting opinions are not welcome here.

Some folks in this thread have decided to reject reality and instead substitute their own.

Look her dude, some people have opinions, they don't agree with yours, whatever. You're making fun of them, but at the same time you're professing your opinion to be "reality". You're a joke character at this point. Give it up, if you don't like the game, leave the thread, it's as easy as that.

LowParry

hamchan said:
I'm feeling sad after reading some impressions. I'm still going to play the game religiously but after the polished T5 and DR it's dissapointing to hear that Namco have slipped up in T6, especially after the long wait.

Doesn't mean things can be patched in later. If the community speaks up, we'll see fixes I'm sure. Remember the whole slow down issue with SC4 on the PS3? They eventually fixed that.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
This GameFAQs post made a lot of sense:

Seems as though a lot of people are complaining that the game looks horrible, but to the rest of the board who has probably been playing this game in the arcade -- they think it's absolutely fine.

Both of you are right in your own respects. Depending on what you're looking for, the complaints of graphics may not even apply to you! But they do exist even on a Tekken standard.

Anyone who has the game early has noticed something that the arcade players can't notice as of yet -- and that's the Story Mode (or Scenario Campaign as called in game). In story mode, we are treated to an awesome array of graphic downgrades in order to keep speeds up... The following has been changed in Story Mode:

- No motion blur.
- Low resolution textures on all non-player characters in Story Mode (Only their helmets look good, the rest is blotchy in cutscenes. Fine in gameplay).
- No AA
- Lower Polycount Player characters.
- Lack of HDR or Bloom.

We go from basically an arcade perfect translation vs. mode to a dumbed down story mode. Gameplay is fine, but the cutscenes are long and drawn out, and it is like playing Mass Effect with texture pop-up problems... only there's no textures that we are waiting to load, it just looks that bad all the time.

This doesn't make or break the game, because Story Mode is horrible gameplay wise anyways and the only reason behind playing it is to amass gold for character customization. Hopefully this eases the tension between the graphics enthusiasts and those that just want to play the game for what it's for.

TL;DR:
+ Arcade Players need not worry about graphics as they are Arcade Perfect.
- Tekken casuals may want to rent because Story Mode efforts are lackluster.

Background:
I have an early copy of Tekken 6, and have been playing Tekken 6 in arcades very sparingly since the release of Bloodline Rebellion, so maybe about 6-7 months ago? Currently almost done with Scenario Campaign.

fionel

CcrooK said:
Doesn't mean things can be patched in later. If the community speaks up, we'll see fixes I'm sure. Remember the whole slow down issue with SC4 on the PS3? They eventually fixed that.

I play SC4 everyday and I don't remember them fixing any slowdowns in their last patch from last September or the 2 before that. The slowdown is still there in some of the stages. Not sure what you're talking about and Namco, to me, doesn't have a very good record of supporting their games once the sales run dry.

MrPliskin said:
Look her dude, some people have opinions, they don't agree with yours, whatever. You're making fun of them, but at the same time you're professing your opinion to be "reality". You're a joke character at this point. Give it up, if you don't like the game, leave the thread, it's as easy as that.

:lol

That's classic. Everyone's entitled to their opinion...except me, right? Have you played Tekken 6? I have.

And like I already said, play the fucking game, form your own opinion and then share it...or don't. I don't give a damn whether you like it, you don't like it, you share it, or you don't fucking share it.

As far as leaving the thread goes...who the fuck are you to tell anyone to do anything in any thread? I contributed my impressions of a game that's not out yet. What the fuck have you brought to this thread? Other than your dictates, I mean.

LowParry

fionel said:
I play SC4 everyday and I don't remember them fixing any slowdowns in their last patch from last September or the 2 before that. The slowdown is still there in some of the stages. Not sure what you're talking about and Namco, to me, doesn't have a very good record of supporting their games once the sales run dry.

I'm pretty sure they did. I don't think the slowdowns were entirely rid of, but they were significantly reduced on particular stages like the snow stage for example. We got MarkMan here to voice our concerns, as well as a huge community through Zaibatsu. Namco can't ignore this.

MrPliskin

Banned
pixel monkey said:
:lol

That's classic. Everyone's entitled to their opinion...except me, right? Have you played Tekken 6? I have.

And like I already said, play the fucking game, form your own opinion and then share it...or don't. I don't give a damn whether you like it, you don't like it, you share it, or you don't fucking share it.

As far as leaving the thread goes...who the fuck are you to tell anyone to do anything in any thread? I contributed my impressions of a game that's not out yet. What the fuck have you brought to this thread? Other than your dictates, I mean.

No, you're completely entitled to your own opinion, but please stop pretending that it's the right opinion, and that everyone else is wrong. You are mocking folks for hating on your opinion, and then immediately doing the exact same thing. Ironic, no? Not to mention you keep blasting your opinions and thoughts down everyone's throats, when it's clear everyone already knows your stance.

It's clear you don't have much intention in participating in the thread beyond ridiculing people and passing your thoughts and impressions on the game off as fact.

That said, if someone is saying something you don't like, you simply put them on your ignore list. I'll show you how it works. Nice talking to you.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Can you..... you know... try and drop the hostility levels a bit pixel monkey? Really, saying "fuck" every five words makes your argument seem childish.

Relix said:
Can you..... you know... try and drop the hostility levels a bit pixel monkey? Really, saying "fuck" every five words makes your argument seem childish.

I didn't have any argument nor any hostility, Relix...until I was attacked for posting my impressions of the game. And then I defended myself against numerous posters who thought it was okay to attack me because they vehemently disagreed with what I wrote.

I do apologize if my language offended you.

Yeah... this shit is really laggy so far. I've had 2 pretty decent matches when it comes to lag, where it wasn't much of a factor, but the other 10 or so? Horrible.

LowParry

Revolutionary said:
Yeah... this shit is really laggy so far. I've had 2 pretty decent matches when it comes to lag, where it wasn't much of a factor, but the other 10 or so? Horrible.

What kind of internet connection you rollin' with?

CcrooK said:
What kind of internet connection you rollin' with?
~20up ~5down

I rarely have lag issues in a game unless it's the game (or game's servers)... so yeah. My connection's good enough to stream to jtv in HD.. lol.

EDIT: Keep in mind the servers JUST went up Teknoman... so I'm giving them time to get their act together but so far I'm disappointed.

Teknoman

Revolutionary said:

Hmm...was hoping for SFIV/Blazblue caliber online play. Still have my fingers crossed though. Was kinda worried after SCIV's online play.

EDIT: Well yeah thats true. Plus the game isnt really "officially" out till Tuesday anyway right?

LowParry

Revolutionary said:
~20up ~5down

I rarely have lag issues in a game unless it's the game (or game's servers)... so yeah. My connection's good enough to stream to jtv in HD.. lol.

EDIT: Keep in mind the servers JUST went up Teknoman... so I'm giving them time to get their act together but so far I'm disappointed.

Hrm. Odd. I say don't give up hope. Give it a couple of days and see how it flies. There's still a ton of people who haven't got the game yet so maybe you're just getting people with crap connections. Maybe some GAFers here who have could give you a few test runs.

Is there a lobby system? It's shocking that DoA4 was practically a launch title and has still been the only fighter to have a competent online mode.

Haha I just got namedropped in the TZ forums for having a good connection. :lol
See, that's one of the few "good" matches I had... but I was still laggy - I remember that one cuz I was getting juggled like crazy and it was really hard to get out of because the timings were off.

EDIT: I'll be adding you in a sec Zeenbor

LowParry

Got this over at TZ from Kev!n:

A quick run-down of how everything works

RANKED MATCHES
You go to "Ranked Match" and choose from either "Start match" or "Voice chat." if you've hit "ranked match," you'll pick your character and it'll find a player...nearest you, I think.

After the match, you have "Character Select," "Player Profile" Save Replay Data" and "Return to online Mode Menu" as your choices

PLAYER MATCHES (non ranked)
You hit "Player match" and have "Quick Match," "Custom Match" and "Create Session" as your three choices

CONFIRM INVITATIONS
...just hit this and accept any invites

DATA UPLOAD
Click, and you have "Replay Upload" and "Ghost Upload" as the two choices

Ghost Upload- Click, and it'll have the characters you've used here already. From here, you can CHOOSE to upload your ghosts if you wish

DATA DOWNLOAD
"New Replay List," "New Ghost List" and "Friends List" are the choices. This one's confusing, but I THINK you have the choices to download the newest-added ghosts and the ghosts your friends have in the section

LEADERBOARD
-Battle Points
-Rank
-Scenario Campaign
-Time Attack

Top Bottom