• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

zoukka

CcrooK said:
I'm still trying to fathom the thought of one customization in vs mode. Baffles my mind.

Does it mean that only one of the two fighters can have items equipped and custom colours on? Because both Tekken 5 and DR allowed you to have items on both fighters.

LowParry

zoukka said:
Does it mean that only one of the two fighters can have items equipped and custom colours on? Because both Tekken 5 and DR allowed you to have items on both fighters.

That's the impression I'm getting. Maybe MarkMan can clarify.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
MarkMan said:
Black Superman!

---

lol, just posting this again to make ppl drool

4038779918_2f75d591c0_b.jpg
White t's on the bottom right?

Oh btw super jealous

MarkMan said:
Black Superman!

---

lol, just posting this again to make ppl drool

4038779918_2f75d591c0_b.jpg

dude i will buy one of those tapout shirts off you!!! come on!!! please!!! pretty please!!!! i'll be your friend!!!!

i suck yo dick man....

MrMephistoX

Wow Ashley from Gamestop just rang. Glad to see that pre-orders for the wireless bundle are actually reliable: I was worried after the SFIV TE fiasco.

EraldoCoil said:
awesome man, hope to see you in the gaf chat again lol.....hows that stick working out for you?

still a wip... I decided to mod the stick with multi cthulhu so it's gonna take me a little bit longer

CcrooK said:
If anyone's got the game now that could test this vs. thing, would be nice.
There doesn't seem to be a way to load a profile into the second controller in versus.

So yeah, only the first controller (the main/only profile) can have custom clothing in versus or team battles. Furthermore, if the second controller selects a character before you do with the costume set you were planning on using (some characters have 2, some have 3), you're defaulted to one of the other costumes.

zoukka

Revolutionary said:
There doesn't seem to be a way to load a profile into the second controller in versus.

What the fuck has scamco been doing this whole time? Seems like the game isn't even finished by the impressions here.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
With all the bad impressions I am seriously thinking of cancelling the pre-order and buying on the cheap down the road. Hmm...

Teknopathetic said:
I haven't really seen bad impressions so much as people disappointed by the custom costume thing (and the graphics).

In addition to the unbelievably poor graphics and ridiculous multi-player costume design decisions, the new depths of stupidity by forcing you to play the horrid Tekken Force (or whatever the fuck they're calling it) mode....and the gimped Arcade mode add up to Tekken 6 being just that...a 6/10.

MMaRsu

Exactly, plus 35 euro's is cheap as hell for this game. I'm going to fucking love it.

But no way to load a profile in controller 2 = :lol

Revolutionary said:

So yeah, only the first controller (the main/only profile) can have custom clothing in versus or team battles. Furthermore, if the second controller selects a character before you do with the costume set you were planning on using (some characters have 2, some have 3), you're defaulted to one of the other costumes.

Ah hell nah! Common, you'd think this would have changed from DR...Oh well thanks for letting us know!

MMaRsu said:
Exactly, plus 35 euro's is cheap as hell for this game.

35 Euros = 52 Dollars

Not that cheap + a very poor effort from Namco = No sale for me.

When a company takes FOUR AND A HALF YEARS to release a new installment in what is supposed to be their PREMIER fighting franchise, and then fails to even compare favorably to recent new gen fighters like their own Soul Calibur, or Sega's Virtua Fighter...you could say that something is rotten in Denmark (or in this case, Japan).

But when said fighter is easily bested by Dead or Alive 4...a game that was released at the end of fucking 2005. God dammit. One has to wonder what exactly the hell is wrong in the House that Pac built.

LowParry

Revolutionary said:

So with the one profile, your customs (1P and 2P) are usable in vs.? So if 1P picks Lars, and 2P picks Lili, they will both appear in vs. with their customs based on the single profile? (I hope that doesn't sound confusing) Just like in DR I assume right?

Edit: And Pixel Monkey. What kind of TV are you using. I've been reading countless impressions of the game looking washed out and muddy with tv sets of 40' inch+.

CcrooK said:
Edit: And Pixel Monkey. What kind of TV are you using. I've been reading countless impressions of the game looking washed out and muddy with tv sets of 40' inch+.

Calibrated 42" Samsung DLP.

Oh, okay...my bad. It's the teevee's fault that Tekken 6 sucks so hard. :lol

LowParry

pixel monkey said:

Naw, it's the resolution of the game that's the big issue. It's not true 720p although the 360 has that option to up the res if you turn off the motion blur.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Well most of the achievements are in the Brawler mode, so...guess I'm gonna be playing it alot then. Hope I enjoy it. I kind of liked Tekken 5's.

And fuck yes, to barely none online achievements! Thank you Namco!

CcrooK said:
So with the one profile, your customs (1P and 2P) are usable in vs.? So if 1P picks Lars, and 2P picks Lili, they will both appear in vs. with their customs based on the single profile? (I hope that doesn't sound confusing) Just like in DR I assume right?
No, it's just a custom for the first player - doesn't seem like you can get a custom for the second player at all.
If the second player picks Lili, she's going to be in the default costume for whatever button was pressed.
If the first player picks Lili, she's going to be in the custom UNLESS the second player picked that costume first (Square, X, Triangle) - then the first player will be defaulted to one of the other costumes associated with the profile, while the second player gets the default costume for that button.

Bebpo

Banned
CcrooK said:
Naw, it's the resolution of the game that's the big issue. It's not true 720p although the 360 has that option to up the res if you turn off the motion blur.

Does the PS3 version not have that option?

LowParry

Revolutionary said:
No, it's just a custom for the first player - doesn't seem like you can get a custom for the second player at all.
If the second player picks Lili, she's going to be in the default costume for whatever button was pressed.
If the first player picks Lili, she's going to be in the custom UNLESS the second player picked that costume first (Square, X, Triangle) - then the first player will be defaulted to one of the other costumes associated with the profile, while the second player gets the default costume for that button.

...wow. :lol The only reason I can think of why it is like this, is Namco is relying heavily on their online component to working very well. Talk about crazy. That's terrible though for local play though.

CcrooK said:

Are you fucking kidding me? What in the hell is this game doing that it can't be native 720p?

It looks like ass because it's not in 720p? Or is it not in 720p because it looks like ass?

It's like the whole which came first, the chicken or the egg thing...only with a lot more suck.

Bebpo

Banned
CcrooK said:
Naw. PS3, when the blur is turned off, ups the AA, not the resolution. It's strange, I know.

Does the game look good with sub-HD + AA?

Just wondering if you can get the game to look nice on the PS3 as that's the version I have pre-ordered :X

LowParry

pixel monkey said:
Are you fucking kidding me? What in the hell is this game doing that it can't be native 720p?

It looks like ass because it's not in 720p? Or is it not in 720p because it looks like ass?

It's like the whole which came first, the chicken or the egg thing...only with a lot more suck.

I have no idea man. :lol Only thing I can think is the resolution. I'll have the opportunity to look at the game between a 37' LCD tv and 52' Plamsa HDTV this week. Everything I've seen with videos show the game looking great. I don't get how people could compare it to Tekken 5: DR or previous installments of other fighters.

pixel monkey said:

The game runs at 1024x576 on both systems when motion blur is turned on. If you turn it off then the 360 version goes up to 1365x768. The PS3 on the other hand stays at 1024x576 but you get 2xAA (every other mode on both systems has no AA).

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
2 things for damn sure. I been playing this on PS3 since Friday.

1. Install the damn game.
2. turn of motion blur. (looks so much better with AA on)

louie

Starting to get a little concerned here :/

pixel monkey said:

What makes you say the game sucks hard? Is it the actual fighting game or the superfluous crap that makes the game suck? In what way does it fail compared to Doa4?

Dai Kaiju

Wait, so does it not look as good as the arcade version? Sorry, I don't understand the resolution/anti-aliasing lingo.

So what are people's impressions of the stick? I need one for my 360, and am wondering if I should wait it out for a TE or get this bundle we just got in at work today.

SoulFist

Graphics and costumes are all fine and dandy, but the real importance here is how the game plays. I don't play fighting games for sweet graphics, and characters in funny custom outfits.

MrMephistoX

Killa Sasa said:
So what are people's impressions of the stick? I need one for my 360, and am wondering if I should wait it out for a TE or get this bundle we just got in at work today.

I'm interested too but I think some details are under embargo. Many people have asked people who would know (ie. Markman) and no one is spilling the beans in terms of modability, quality etc. I'm sure the buttons are no sanwa but hopefully at least better than the typical HORI EX 3 quality.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I hated how you could only load 1 profile/costume set in VF5. Is that how Tekken 6 is set up? Why couldn't they just let you save all of your unlocked items into a single profile? Tekken 5 did that much. And 2 people not being able to log in with a profile at the same time is definitely messed up. Why hasn't MarkMan confirmed/denied any of these issues? Or has he? If he hasn't, does that mean we can assume the worst? I would really appreciate it if someone could spell out how the profile system works. Is it per character like VF5 (1 profile and only items for 1 character are on it) or per player like Tekken 5 (1 profile but items for all characters are on it)?

Bob White

Fucking wow.

1. Game looks great.
2. It plays great.
3. The one profile thing is fucking lame.
4. THE GAME PLAYS FUCKING GREAT

Umm, I dont know how to say this but anyone talking shit about this game..well.....you might just be a fucking scrub who doesnt know shit about fighting games.

The FLUFF of this game is cheesy bullshit namco added just because. Yes, I admit that. But the actual FIGHTING GAME part is just goddamn amazing.

DOA 4 better than T6? lolwut? Do you even PLAY fighting games, monkey?

LowParry

Bob White said:
Fucking wow.

1. Game looks great.
2. It plays great.
3. The one profile thing is fucking lame.
4. THE GAME PLAYS FUCKING GREAT

Umm, I dont know how to say this but anyone talking shit about this game..well.....you might just be a fucking scrub who doesnt know shit about fighting games.

The FLUFF of this game is cheesy bullshit namco added just because. Yes, I admit that. But the actual FIGHTING GAME part is just goddamn amazing.

DOA 4 better than T6? lolwut? Do you even PLAY fighting games, monkey?

I'm behind this statement 100%. :lol

Top Bottom