• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spirit of Jazz said:
Is there a lobby system? It's shocking that DoA4 was practically a launch title and has still been the only fighter to have a competent online mode.

Have you played Blazblue?

Relix said:
Have you played Blazblue?

Did that answer my question in any way shape or form? I'll play Blazblue when it finally gets released over here next year, until then I'm wondering if Tekken's online is decent but from the sounds of things they've managed to make it even worst than SC4/DR.

LowParry

Spirit of Jazz said:
Did that answer my question in any way shape or form? I'll play Blazblue when it finally gets released over here next year, until then I'm wondering if Tekken's online is decent but from the sounds of things they've managed to make it even worst than SC4/DR.

I've read more impressions of it being better that SC4/DR than worse. It's a hit or miss right now. And not a whole lot of people have the game either.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Spirit of Jazz said:

You stated DOA4 was the only game with a competent online system and you hadn't played Blazblue. Well you are excused, the game is not out in Europe so you couldn't have played it, but Blazblue has the best netcode of any fighting game this generation and the lobby system is excellent

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
CcrooK said:
I've read more impressions of it being better that SC4/DR than worse. It's a hit or miss right now. And not a whole lot of people have the game either.

Population of game does have an overall effect on netcode. Fewer players= more likely to get an opponent too far away to play. I noticed this on XBL SF4 when I had my 360.

Going from G2 to G1 the matches got a LOT laggier due to fewer players. (problem would not exist as much now as it did then, if any)

The Netcode is not bad. I've played a bunch of my East Coast boys and no lag, but when play folks from the West Coast, I get input lag here and there, but still, very playable. I dig. I haven't play the game one on one yet, just lobbies, so probably it differ's.

arstal said:
Population of game does have an overall effect on netcode. Fewer players= more likely to get an opponent too far away to play. I noticed this on XBL SF4 when I had my 360.

Going from G2 to G1 the matches got a LOT laggier due to fewer players. (problem would not exist as much now as it did then, if any)

i would like to believe that. but i feel like the netcode is worse than sf4. i was playing with a friend who was less than an hr away and it was laggy. played with itwasfunny who's in socal and was also laggy.

hopefully it's just all the years that i've been playing tekken offline. my timing is WAY off.

Prototype-03 said:
i would like to believe that. but i feel like the netcode is worse than sf4. i was playing with a friend who was less than an hr away and it was laggy. played with itwasfunny who's in socal and was also laggy.

hopefully it's just all the years that i've been playing tekken offline. my timing is WAY off.

maybe they will patch it within the week or so, i remember BB was very laggy at first but they released the patch within like a week or 2 from its release.

CO_Andy

Not sure who to believe in anymore. That one impression from Tekken Zaibatsu mentioned the netcode was as or even better than the Blazblue one.

"maybe they will patch it within the week or so, i remember BB was very laggy at first but they released the patch within like a week or 2 from its release"

They had announced that patch well in advance of the game's release and it was actually already released in Japan the day it came out on 360, it was only on PS3 that there was a delay (due to Sony certification or whatever).

"Not sure who to believe in anymore. That one impression from Tekken Zaibatsu mentioned the netcode was as or even better than the Blazblue one."

Given how most people are disappointed, I would definitely not trust some guy saying it's on par or better than blazblue.

They're not going to release two patches in the same week. Hopefully the 360 patch is up before Tuesday, and hopefully it's actually good. I'm expecting junk though.

What am I going to pick up as my third Best Buy game now? :(

Anyanka

I've lost all hope. The positive impressions of "I only feel a little lag" are NOT good, if you can feel it then it's too bad. What a let down

Teknopathetic said:
Was hyped, now considering canceling my preorder and picking it up later if the netcode shakes out.

Again, Not everyone has the game, and when I go to random lobbies, you encounter folks from different regions, is very mix. Again, still very playable. Is either West Coast or East Coast, from my sessions. When I play folks from my friendslist(Mid-West or East Coast)I get no lag. hiccups here and there, but not everytime. Point blank, is better than SCIV and DOA4. If you do one on one sessions(SFIV)Your connection is going to be good. No need to cancel your pre-order.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CO_Andy said:
Not sure who to believe in anymore. That one impression from Tekken Zaibatsu mentioned the netcode was as or even better than the Blazblue one.

LOL.

I'll reserve judgement for myself, but also guys, the game is not even officially released yet. Let's wait and see what happens, what word there is from Namco, if another patch hits, etc.

And as a double-dipper on Soul Calibur IV, I can definitely say that the net code is better on 360. If Tekken 6 is on par with SC4, I'll be happy; never have problems with those who have 4 and 5 bar connections.

Anyanka said:
I've lost all hope. The positive impressions of "I only feel a little lag" are NOT good, if you can feel it then it's too bad. What a let down

can't help it... there will ALWAYS be lag. even the best netcode so far (blazblue) has lag.

edit: online down? new patch already?!?! *hope*

Lyte Edge

ShinobiFist said:
Oh shit! They took down the online mode. Prototype is my witness, testified!

Yeah. Will wait for launch day to judge for myself. :lol

What happens when you try to play online now then? It tells you it's not available?

Can you earn money online? I don't want to ever play that damn beat 'em up.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
*strokes chin*

I...think I'll just give this one a rent and watch to see how the game is supported down the line. I'll have Ratchet to keep me busy.

Kintaro said:
*strokes chin*

I...think I'll just give this one a rent and watch to see how the game is supported down the line. I'll have Ratchet to keep me busy.

Just wait until the game is below $40 to purchase.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
You're all mental. Even if the netcode is only slightly better than T5DRO it's worth putting down for in my book.

Lyte Edge

luka said:
You're all mental. Even if the netcode is only slightly better than T5DRO it's worth putting down for in my book.

Just reading that even those "laggy" matches were better than Soul Calibur IV means it will be fine. I've been re-playing SCIV a good bit the last few days, and get plenty of great connections.

People usually over-exaggerate on this stuff or just have crappy connections. I never have much of an issue with the likes of SF4, HD Remix, BlazBlue, Soul Calibur IV, MvC2, etc. The only fighter that's been released this generation with truely SHIT netcode is KOF XII.

Lyte Edge

Saterium said:
Better or worse then Soul Calibur 4s? =/

ShinobiFist said:
Again, Not everyone has the game, and when I go to random lobbies, you encounter folks from different regions, is very mix. Again, still very playable. Is either West Coast or East Coast, from my sessions. When I play folks from my friendslist(Mid-West or East Coast)I get no lag. hiccups here and there, but not everytime. Point blank, is better than SCIV and DOA4. If you do one on one sessions(SFIV)Your connection is going to be good. No need to cancel your pre-order.

Anyanka

Tekken with lag becomes unplayable super fast though. You can't look past unpunishable hopkicks and not being able to react to lows.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
dodgy netcode :(

alright europlayers, I've been posting it for a while now but here it is again for a new page

Xbox 360 GT: Gafeurobrawlers

send it a friend request so you can have access to other players that play from europe using the friends of friends feature. Tekken 6 and SFIV players only!

Lyte Edge

Anyanka said:
Tekken with lag becomes unplayable super fast though. You can't look past unpunishable hopkicks and not being able to react to lows.

Any good fighter with lag becomes unplayable super fast though. :)

Wait for launch day, and also wait to judge for yourself. Just look at the small amount of impressions already...completely varied on good and bad experiences.

Top Bottom