• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

LowParry

No word on 360 yet?

I'm doing the midnight thing tomorrow night. I'll first try a few matches with a friend who lives about 10 minutes away, then try some GAFers here for stability. After that I'm in the lab on learning Leo, Paul and Devil Jin.

Anyanka

Quite frankly the good impressions don't sound trustworthy. There's always people saying they feel no lag at all. There's people that defended DRO and KOF XII. It's over. :(

LowParry

Anyanka said:
Quite frankly the good impressions don't sound trustworthy. There's always people saying they feel no lag at all. There's people that defended DRO and KOF XII. It's over. :(

Naw dude. Wait til Tuesday. I'd go by what GAF here is saying along with TZ for your source of info.

Anyanka

On TZ Castel just said it lags with Wiz who is 45 minutes away. Plus The Game and others are saying it's trash. TZ is more depressing than GAF.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Anyanka said:

Who defended KOF XII? :lol

And I don't recall TK5 DR Online getting a lot of people saying it was that good, either. It still gets referenced to this day regarding Namco and iffy netcode.

Anyanka

Lyte Edge said:
Who defended KOF XII? :lol

And I don't recall TK5 DR Online getting a lot of people saying it was that good, either. It still gets referenced to this day regarding Namco and iffy netcode.

I just went to a random page in the KOF XII thread and saw two people defending it.

"Got back into this last night - playing with a friend in Denver (I'm in Boston) it was working very smooth." :lol

I remember plenty of positive impressions about DRO. The consensus didn't form until later.

Mixed impressions with a bunch of good players saying it sucks and occasional "well I feel no lag" and people calling it playable...we've seen this before and we know how it ends.

The KOF12 thread sounded a loooot like this one. "It's not supposed to be out yet! Wait until launch day! Maybe there will be another patch! All online games have troubles at launch! They just have to get the servers sorted out!" I'm with Anyanka. I put more stock in early negative impressions when it comes to something like netcode. It seems like lotsa folks are incapable of noticing lag unless a game stutters.

LowParry

Yeah, seems the negatives are starting to stack higher than the positives. I'm still getting the game either way. I just hope Namco hears the community loud and clear on the already reported issues.

Anyanka said:
Oh god Shinobifist was also saying KOF XII had no lag.
Wat? When did I say that? I said had no lag "after" the patch on PSN. I got lag when I played People from other countries and deeper parts of Canada. It wasn't BB or SFIV quality, But when I play all peeps from the East Coast or the Mid West, the game had no lag or input lag. West Coast was pretty random at times with the input lag.

Anyway, the online is running for me again, and I got to play a random guy from Portland in quick match, and the input lag was horrible. The 1 sec. lag was killing us. The first match we had the mics on, and when we move the character's, they responded a second late from the initial input(Up or left for example)we try the second match with no mics and still the input lag was there. Played someone from my friendslist(From Boston)And it ran smooth, no lag or input lag. As of now, it looks like I'm going to be only playing folks from the East Coast and Mid West.

LowParry

I suppose I have somewhat of an advantage living in Utah. Closer to west coast but closer to east so to speak. I want to try different area's. I'll probably give ya a request Shinobi just to test. Would it also be helpful for PSN users to put their D/l - U/l rate with the the online forum for Tekken 6?

Lyte Edge

Anyanka said:
I just went to a random page in the KOF XII thread and saw two people defending it.

"Got back into this last night - playing with a friend in Denver (I'm in Boston) it was working very smooth." :lol

To be fair, this could happen. Despite being the overall festering turd-pile SHITTIEST of all the fighting games when it comes to online play, I've also had some of the absolutely smoothest matches ever. But that's been against people in the same city.

I remember plenty of positive impressions about DRO. The consensus didn't form until later.

I don't. I remember being hating the lag and citing lots of little connection issues. You also gotta remember that it hit Japan first, and over there none of this is a problem.

Mixed impressions with a bunch of good players saying it sucks and occasional "well I feel no lag" and people calling it playable...we've seen this before and we know how it ends.

Yeah, it ends with "YMMV." :p

Rummy Bunnz said:
The KOF12 thread sounded a loooot like this one. "It's not supposed to be out yet! Wait until launch day! Maybe there will be another patch! All online games have troubles at launch! They just have to get the servers sorted out!"

Let's be fair, here-- Ignition was promising patches to fix that mess. They didn't deliver. Namco is not SNK.

I'm with Anyanka. I put more stock in early negative impressions when it comes to something like netcode. It seems like lotsa folks are incapable of noticing lag unless a game stutters.

Putting stock in the few people who got it early and are playing online, pre-launch? We don't know what's going to happen. There could be an update. Look at BlazBlue, for example. The people who got it the U.S. version early weren't too keen on the game's online play for a couple of days, then it hit Japan and the patch came, and everything changed.

There's also reports that people playing each other on the same coast have no real issues, right? Well, come launch day, there's gonna be a shitload more people to play against. :p

Unless there's people saying the online play is WORSE than Tekken 5 DRO and Soul Calibur IV, I'm not worried about it. Again, I'll see for myself-- getting upgraded to AT&T U-Verse came at a good time.

CcrooK said:
I suppose I have somewhat of an advantage living in Utah. Closer to west coast but closer to east so to speak. I want to try different area's. I'll probably give ya a request Shinobi just to test. Would it also be helpful for PSN users to put their D/l - U/l rate with the the online forum for Tekken 6?

I think it shouldn't get to that point, that's why I ask people to include their regions, it makes it easier for everyone to get better matches. I'm going to test the Connection again vs Prototype(West Coast) to see what happens. But a game like Tekken, input lag fucking kills the game. I'm going to PM a Mod to include"Read The OP" on the Tekken 6 BR Online Gamertag thread.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Unless the reports are wrong, or there is a massive server upgrade, I'm going to be really upset, and not playing it. SF4 works. I'll also never trust Markman's word again when it comes to Tekken.

After KOF, I thought I was done with shoddy quality online and poor effort releases.

Let's put it this way- Namco is not SNK. Namco somewhat fixed SC4 at least, so there's hope, but Namco's in "trust but verify" land to me.

I hope I end up eating these words in humiliation, but I'm going to have to wait and see- now with very low expectations.

arstal said:
Unless the reports are wrong, or there is a massive server upgrade, I'm going to be really upset, and not playing it. SF4 works. I'll also never trust Markman's word again when it comes to Tekken.

Strong words there

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
After KOF12, I'm not taking substandard online from any fighter.

I don't ask for perfection, but I ask for playability. I cancelled my pre-order just now, I can pick it up later if the reports turn out to be false.

Besides, I have SF4. SF4 online is not perfect, it's playable though.

SC4 I considered playable, so my standards aren't THAT high. It sounded like this wasn't even SC4.

Never played sc4 online. I can tell you that local online gameplay is passable (think around around 3-4 bars in SF4). If it's not local, the lag is HORRIBLE... I would literally press a button and it would come out like 1-2 secs later.

But, online keeps going on and off... Felt like towards the end of the night, online got a little bit better... maybe Namco is doing something.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I hope you're right, and I do hold the possibility I could be very wrong, and I hope I am so wrong that GAF makes fun of me in a week.

That said, my common sense is tingling on this and with the other reported issues with the game, I sense disasterpiece.

Just for the record all of these online impressions are from the PS3 right. Can there still be a glimmer of hope for 360 owners. I honestly don't put much stock in PSN.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
arstal said:

lol

Zeenbor

I must admit: having the ability to save replay data after an online fight is nice. Especially if you get your ass handed to you and you want to study.

Tain

My (brief) experience has been pretty laggy. Doesn't bother me a huuuuge amount since the game itself is great.

Wait and see and all, sure, but I'm not too confident. Namco already used their free MS patch, after all! Didn't they?

Lyte Edge said:
Let's be fair, here-- Ignition was promising patches to fix that mess. They didn't deliver. Namco is not SNK.
Yeah, but they announced the patch after all the bitching. Most of the hopefuls were assuming it would be fixed.

Putting stock in the few people who got it early and are playing online, pre-launch? We don't know what's going to happen. There could be an update. Look at BlazBlue, for example. The people who got it the U.S. version early weren't too keen on the game's online play for a couple of days, then it hit Japan and the patch came, and everything changed.

There's also reports that people playing each other on the same coast have no real issues, right? Well, come launch day, there's gonna be a shitload more people to play against. :p
Why wouldn't I put stock in pre-launch impressions? The patch is up, people are saying it's not too hot, and it's gonna stay that way unless there's another patch come Tuesday. Which would be unprecedented, I think. I can't recall any other console game that had two patches in as many days.

Maybe the 360 version will perform better online. Wouldn't be the first time. I believe you when you say SC4 performed better on 360. I wish I'd gotten that version. I couldn't get any playable games going on PS3.

Did U.S. BlazBlue leak early? I don't remember that. I only remember importers getting their copies before Japanese street date. Also I think they announced in advance that the BB patch was coming and would improve the netcode, so it was very different from the KOF or T6 situation.

Tain said:
My (brief) experience has been pretty laggy. Doesn't bother me a huuuuge amount since the game itself is great.

Wait and see and all, sure, but I'm not too confident. Namco already used their free MS patch, after all! Didn't they?
I think you get two patches before you gotta start paying? You're on PS3 right?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
MarkMan said:

you're the one who said it would be better then SCIV. That is why I preordered- as SCIV is my minimal acceptable standard for netcode.

Apparently the heads of TZ and SRK disagree with you.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=3939803#post3939803

We had a green icon with 4, sometimes 5 bars which looks to be about as good as it gets, The matches however are anything but good. I didn't get a single match where I could time a jab properly after launching.

That isn't acceptable. Add to this other issues mentioned with the game (not patched up to Japan version, slowdown, profile issue)- it makes it hard for me to trust that this issue will be fixed- at least at launch. I can wait and see.

Anyanka

arstal said:
(not patched up to Japan version

I don't think this is actually true though. I've heard from a couple knowledgable players the version Japan is playing now is the same as the international one.

Lyte Edge

Rummy Bunnz said:
Yeah, but they announced the patch after all the bitching. Most of the hopefuls were assuming it would be fixed.

Different beast. The less said about KOF XII, the better. What a disaster it turned out to be. :lol

Why wouldn't I put stock in pre-launch impressions? The patch is up, people are saying it's not too hot, and it's gonna stay that way unless there's another patch come Tuesday. Which would be unprecedented, I think. I can't recall any other console game that had two patches in as many days.

I'm no network expert, but there's-

-The possibility of a patch or more servers on launch day
-The possibility that they are adjusting things right now. We have reports of the online going down then coming back up.
-The fact that once more people have purchased it, you'll get better games due to more people being closer to you.
-The possibility that people reporting on the connections have shitty connections themselves.
-The fact that the Xbox 360 version's online play isn't even up yet, so we have no idea how that version fares.

I'm not glossing over what people are saying, but I'm also not going to up and cancel my pre-order over it, either. It's not like everything being said is condemning the game and 100% negative. Some of you guys are overreacting.

Maybe the 360 version will perform better online. Wouldn't be the first time. I believe you when you say SC4 performed better on 360. I wish I'd gotten that version. I couldn't get any playable games going on PS3.

But see, I've had plenty of great connections on PS3 too. What kind of connection do you have? What's your PS3 nat type? That stuff matters.

I am double-dipping on Tekken, but as per usual, I expect to be playing it a lot more on 360. Fighters just generally play smoother online on 360, from my experience.

Did U.S. BlazBlue leak early? I don't remember that. I only remember importers getting their copies before Japanese street date. Also I think they announced in advance that the BB patch was coming and would improve the netcode, so it was very different from the KOF or T6 situation.

Some people got their hands on it early. I know this for a fact because I played with them the week before the U.S. launch, when I imported the 360 version. They were noting that the game had lag issues, then the patch came out and everything was massively improved.

I'm just waiting until the game is officially out and also giving Namco a chance to patch it should there really be significant problems is all. People tend to focus on the negative more than the positive. No problem with waiting and seeing what happens.

Comparing the game to KOF XII, before it's even officially out, is just ludicrous. Namco's past record with online games is much better than SNK's.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
Different beast. The less said about KOF XII, the better. What a disaster it turned out to be. :lol

I'm just waiting until the game is officially out and also giving Namco a chance to patch it should there really be significant problems is all. People tend to focus on the negative more than the positive. No problem with waiting and seeing what happens.

Comparing the game to KOF XII, before it's even officially out, is just ludicrous. Namco's past record with online games is much better than SNK's.

What you said is true, but Namco's track record is SCIV and HDR, and that's reason enough for me to not risk a pre-order. If it's fixed I can always buy later.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Threads always get so retarded, just before a game comes out. There's always like 5 guys, who never posted about the game before, who ''cancel their preorders.

Lyte Edge

arstal said:
What you said is true, but Namco's track record is SCIV and HDR, and that's reason enough for me to not risk a pre-order. If it's fixed I can always buy later.

Did you not say previously that SC4 is what you consider "playable?"

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Yeah it's playable, but it's the minimum acceptable standard. It certainly wasn't good once people stopped playing it and you had to go out of area for comp.

A C- and an F isn't a strong track record to go on.

BTW I did post beforehand, and was looking forward to this. Then I got to play it Saturday, saw some minor quibbles, but set them aside since it looked fun. Then I heard about issues on TZ that were more serious that I couldn't see at the gathering we had. Then I hear the online issues from reputable sources.

I may still get the game if these issues are fixed. All I lose is a little bit of money (since I'll pay more) and a couple days of it. I'm not so desperate as to need a day 1 purchase since I have a good fighting game already that I can enjoy online.

Lyte Edge

arstal said:
Yeah it's playable, but it's the minimum acceptable standard. It certainly wasn't good once people stopped playing it and you had to go out of area for comp.

Disagree. Like I said earlier, I've been playing Soul Calibur IV -on both systems- for the past couple of days, and most of the connections I have been getting are strong 4 and 5 bars. I don't bother playing with the people who have 3 or lower.

A C- and an F isn't a strong track record to go on.

Good thing that's not a fact!

BTW I did post beforehand, and was looking forward to this. Then I got to play it Saturday, saw some minor quibbles, but set them aside since it looked fun. Then I heard about issues on TZ that were more serious that I couldn't see at the gathering we had. Then I hear the online issues from reputable sources.

I may still get the game if these issues are fixed. All I lose is a little bit of money (since I'll pay more) and a couple days of it. I'm not so desperate as to need a day 1 purchase since I have a good fighting game already that I can enjoy online.

Sure. No problem with waiting. I just think some of you are blowing this way out of proportion. Yes, there are reputable sources to back it up. No, the game's not officially out yet and we don't know what it's going to be like come Tuesday. I'm the same way. If the online does suck, it's back to SF4. No big deal.

Anyanka

Only good news is that you can see their connection bar before the match in player match. So at least you can sit in a lobby and kick out anyone without green.

Tain

I think you get two patches before you gotta start paying? You're on PS3 right?

Yeah, I'm playing the PS3 version. I just can't see Namco giving one version more patches than the other, is all.

zoukka

I can't believe I'm going to do this, but I'll wait til a friend buys it and I can try it before purchase.

This gen really is fucking something. Even the games I was 101% sure to get at launch turn to be disappointments one after another. I'm not judging before I get to play the game, but it doesn't look aa that good...

The SP elements aren't important, but it really isn't an excuse to fuck it up with a franchise this famous and old. I like unlocking endings in fighting games. Did it with every previous Tekkens. Goddamn Namco.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Anyanka said:
So at least you can sit in a lobby and kick out anyone without green.

You can actually kick people? Better than KoFXII already!

Netcode impressions have me disappointed but I'm also hardly surprised. If I can at least play people here in Cali then I'm content, if not, well whatever. I'll get some trophies out of it then sell it, no big.

Tain said:
Yeah, I'm playing the PS3 version. I just can't see Namco giving one version more patches than the other, is all.
People are getting it twisted, This download that we were prompted to was to enable us to access online, that's all, and the 360 obviously will get the download as well. We haven't receive a "patch" yet. Like people said earlier, the same thing happen with BB(Net-play wise)

The thing I hate about rank matches is that your force to fight your opponent no matter what. Is not like in BB, were you get to see the players connection and decide if you want to kick him out or not. It goes like this, you pick your character, it starts synching.....And boom, you fight your opponent. I encounter two Eddie Gordos(Both 2 bars)in a row, and that was it for me on rank matches. The thing that bugs me is that the game runs smooth on a connection like that, but the input lag is INSANE. 1-2 sec delay at times!

Chorazin

Thank goodness for Best Buy's B2G1 sale this week, allowed me to rationalize getting Tekken 6 on Tuesday. Even if the online isn't the best I'll cope better because the back of my head will remind me "the game was free, dummy!"

Nelo Ice

Banned
Chorazin said:
Thank goodness for Best Buy's B2G1 sale this week, allowed me to rationalize buying Tekken 6 as my free game on Tuesday. Even if the online isn't the best I'll cope better because the back of my head will remind me "the game was free, dummy!"

should've taken advatange of 30% off eca stack!
netted me the game for $30 thanks to the stack and a price drop+coupon

Chorazin

Nelo Ice said:
should've taken advatange of 30% off eca stack!
netted me the game for $30 thanks to the stack and a price drop+coupon

But since I was getting the new Ratchet and Clank and Forza 3 anyways, free is better than $30. :p

MrPliskin

Banned
I understand being disappionted with the netcode, but honestly, Tekken is much better in person. I think everyone knows that competitive high level play simply isn't possible online, period. There is always latency, and no matter how fantastic your net code is (BB I'm looking at you) there will still be issues.

Just the way things are, unfortunately. I look forward to Tekken 6, hopefully I can get back into my local scene and have fun at a few out-of-city tourney's.

Top Bottom