• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

MrDenny said:
The guy on the stream says 360 version is solid online.
I don't know why everyone is freaking out, I'm pretty sure the ps3 version will eventually stabilize.

That's the first good news I've heard about the netcode since the release :D

Hopefully it'll stabilize for PS3. According to the guy who sold me the game told me that most people have been buying it for PS3, so... *hope*

Lyonaz

Just bought the Tekken 6 Limited Edition.:D

Tekken6Get.jpg

Love the hoodie and artbook.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Gl0ry over from VFDC just AIMed me and told me 360 version is solid 5 frames of input delay even on best connect. I trust his word more then some streamers, since he's someone I know is a good player. (he's one of the top US VF players with Jacky)

VF players know what good online is.

I'd really suggest if online is a factor in buying Tekken 6 like it is for me, to wait a couple of days, and see if the netcode is acceptable or not before deciding to buy. I'm not saying don't buy, I'm saying wait and see.

Balboa

The hoodies look great, seems like something that might actually fit aswell the bonus t-shirts that come with games are always the wrong shapes and sizes.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
arstal said:
Gl0ry over from VFDC just AIMed me and told me 360 version is solid 5 frames of input delay even on best connect. I trust his word more then some streamers, since he's someone I know is a good player. (he's one of the top US VF players with Jacky)

I'd really suggest if online is a factor in buying Tekken 6 like it is for me, to wait a couple of days, and see if the netcode is acceptable or not before deciding to buy. I'm not saying don't buy, I'm saying wait and see.

That seems pretty good, 5 frames out of 60 is only 1/12th loss. Did he mention if it delays your inputs?

arstal said:

Yeah, Denkai and Yang Sze(Both from VFDC as well)Just text me saying the same thing. And they both live in the same city. I'm going to hit up the 360 version as well in a few. I should hit up Glory on XBL, I haven't spoken to him in a minute. Arstal, you on VFDC? I go by the same name over there.

OniLee

Just put in about 6 online matches on live(five player and one ranked) and the lag is extremely noticeable. Even a full bar match is full of lag and completely blows your timing for combos.

I hope that things will improve though...

Tain

People are getting it twisted, This download that we were prompted to was to enable us to access online, that's all, and the 360 obviously will get the download as well. We haven't receive a "patch" yet. Like people said earlier, the same thing happen with BB(Net-play wise)

It's a title update on 360, right? That's considered a patch. Developers get x amount (low, like 1 or 2) of free patches on 360.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
When I get home today.

I will test.

2 360s and 2 PS3s in the same room, to see how the online is.

OniLee

Have a question for everyone who has played it online. Have your opponents been wearing customized items? After about 10 matches I haven't meet a person with items on and was wondering what was up.

Ccrook is just dying over here. While we discuss how GOOD THE GAME IS, he gets to suffer for 12 more hours. Just to clarify again, the game itself is REALLY GOOD! I hope they just fix the netcode.

Again, Ccrook... gameplay... AWESOME! :lol

edit: Onilee, I've seen some people with customized characters.

Lyonaz

Holy crap online sucks =(

Lag is pretty horrible, even with green connection it's noticable. Everything below green is just suckage.

That said VS battle offline against my brother is awesome. I love Bob, that fat bastard is fast.

LowParry

Prototype-03 said:
Ccrook is just dying over here. While we discuss how GOOD THE GAME IS, he gets to suffer for 12 more hours. Just to clarify again, the game itself is REALLY GOOD! I hope they just fix the netcode.

Again, Ccrook... gameplay... AWESOME! :lol

edit: Onilee, I've seen some people with customized characters.

As my first act of business, Prototype will receive an invite and I will (Paul) BB 1+2 his ass ALL night. Ahem. That being said. Hyped!

Edit: Or better, Devil Jin's laser beam all day.

CcrooK said:
As my first act of business, Prototype will receive an invite and I will (Paul) BB 1+2 his ass ALL night. Ahem. That being said. Hyped!

Edit: Or better, Devil Jin's laser beam all day.

Excuse me sir. I remember a nasty hate mail I have received from you yesterday night while I was play testing.

It wasn't very nice. Go back to DR (until later tonight).

LowParry

Prototype-03 said:
Excuse me sir. I remember a nasty hate mail I have received from you yesterday night while I was play testing.

It wasn't very nice. Go back to DR (until later tonight).

And I shall repeat that nasty hate mail. And I quote: "Fuck you!" :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Real talk. Look for my name in the instruction manual (in there twice).

On the Xbox 360 one my name is on the back of the Church's Chicken coupon.

WE GOT CHICKEN!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So guys...1.01? There are Euro sources saying that a 1.01 patch came out, and it greatly reduces lag. Would like to know if that's the same version the U.S. got.

MarkMan said:
Real talk. Look for my name in the instruction manual (in there twice).

On the Xbox 360 one my name is on the back of the Church's Chicken coupon.

WE GOT CHICKEN!

Sorry Markman, no one's going to see your name in the manual, because no one is getting the game due to lag now. ;_;

LowParry

Prototype-03 said:
ALRIGHT! 11 pm for me. unless you arrive home after 11 pm, which is most likely the case. So... 11:30 pm?

please don't spam phoenix punch. I will lose =(

Yeah, around that time yes. Haven't heard anything on 1.01 patch yet.

Edit: Man, is this patch going to pull a BB move? :lol Not in quality but improving netcode upon release?

CcrooK said:
Edit: Man, is this patch going to pull a BB move? :lol Not in quality but improving netcode upon release?

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEVVVVVEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Lyte Edge... I wouldn't know what my current version is right now. I'll go home and check later today. I just remember downloading a patch yesterday night.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
LeMaximilian said:
That seems pretty good, 5 frames out of 60 is only 1/12th loss. Did he mention if it delays your inputs?

Yes it does, and it does seriously affect play according to him. (I'll take the word of good VF players over anyone else on games)

I really hope that online patch does the trick, If it does, I'll get this game when it's confirmed that it's better. (that's the best case scenario- costs me $10 overall, but so be it)

Caj814

If the online continues to be as bad as some of the people are making it out to be the thread title will need a change to "We got input lag RAGE!" I just hope Namco will actually try to fix it if that's really the case after the first couple weeks.

LowParry

Caj814 said:
If the online continues to be as bad as some of the people are making it out to be the thread title will need a change to "We got input lag RAGE!" I just hope Namco will actually try to fix it if that's really the case after the first couple weeks.

Well, they're aware of the practice mode shinanigans. Hopefully they look into fixing other things like the customs with just one side, and netcode tweaks.

CcrooK said:
Well, they're aware of the practice mode shinanigans. Hopefully they look into fixing other things like the customs with just one side, and netcode tweaks.

What practice mode shenanigans? I haven't heard anything about it.

Jay Sosa

Lyonaz said:
Just bought the Tekken 6 Limited Edition.:D

Love the hoodie and artbook.

Has it a good quality (fabric and print)?

Won't buy the LE but I guess that in a few months play.com will sell the Hoodies wo the game.

Oh and is it normal sized, or ghetto kiddie style(means XL=XXXXXXXXXL)?

Lyonaz

Jay Sosa said:
Has it a good quality (fabric and print)?

Won't buy the LE but I guess that in a few months play.com will sell the Hoodies wo the game.

Oh and is it normal sized, or ghetto kiddie style(means XL=XXXXXXXXXL)?

Quality is decent, fabric is nice, only the print will fade after few washes I'm afraid.

Size is L and normal L size.

So I got my question answered by my friend who is the manager at my local EB Games. They have the games in and pickup is bright and early tomorrow :D (Damn no midnight releases).

LowParry

:lol So I get the call from Ashley Gamestop bitch. She didn't even say the game's name of Tekken 6! It was just "your game". Fucking whore.

Edit: Oh, and the 1.01 patch was just the enable option for online in EU. False alarm people!

i sure wish someone would take pics of the arcade stick limited edition opened so see if its worth 150

i dont remember a time when it was this hard for me to find some info on a product before release

Hope this isn't too OT, but anyone in the UK order from GAME online, have the "order will be shipped once card has been verified" email but no confirmed shipping email yet? On the GAME site there's no info under the order like "held as preorder" or anything :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CcrooK said:
:lol So I get the call from Ashley Gamestop bitch. She didn't even say the game's name of Tekken 6! It was just "your game". Fucking whore.

Same here. PLUS 25% EXTRA TRADE-IN CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!! OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!111

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Hope this isn't too OT, but anyone in the UK order from GAME online, have the "order will be shipped once card has been verified" email but no confirmed shipping email yet? On the GAME site there's no info under the order like "held as preorder" or anything :(
23/10/2009 Your order has been dispatched.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yay! Status of my jp copy at play-asia is now "preparing order."

Doesn't actually mean much, but it's still something. :)

Top Bottom