• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CcrooK said:
Edit: Oh, and the 1.01 patch was just the enable option for online in EU. False alarm people!

That doesn't make sense considering the post that was first talking about it:

Yup just as the title says, so I've heard this patch greatly reduces lag with even orange-colored connections means no lag. I have yet to test this out myself as I will be getting my copy of Tekken 6 (PS3) tomorrow. Which is kinda funny since the game isn't supposed to be out yet due to the 30th release in EU. All sources are in dutch...english media hasn't picked this news item up yet...sorry for the foreign source. http://www.nujij.nl/patch-1-01-is-u...6.6974170.lynkx

Morph-0

CcrooK said:
:lol So I get the call from Ashley Gamestop bitch. She didn't even say the game's name of Tekken 6! It was just "your game". Fucking whore.

Edit: Oh, and the 1.01 patch was just the enable option for online in EU. False alarm people!

wow your deep man how you gonna call the girl a Fucking whore because she didn't tell you the name of the game..

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Ashley pulled the same stunt on me. Fuck her.

Man, even with the less than stellar netcode impressions, I just want to sit down and beat up my friends already. Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Glory saying netcode is passable on XBL. 2-3 frames. That's reasonable in my eyes.

I figure PSN should end up the same way, with the occasional lagfest.

Morph-0

arstal said:
Glory saying netcode is passable on XBL. 2-3 frames. That's reasonable in my eyes.

I figure PSN should end up the same way, with the occasional lagfest.

Oh dear I hear this now and my PS3 copy just shipped not too long ago, I knew I should have ordered 360. Well here's hoping the PS3 version gets sorted

hamchan

I guess I'm sticking with the 360 version.

haunts said:
My Steve is going to own up everyone!! yeah!!!!

B+1 bitches!!!!

Oh snap, Steve fans unite! We're gonna take the tekken world by storm!

Purchased the Wireless Stick bundle for 360 from Amazon, and rented the PS3 version from Gamefly. I'm pretty psyched for a new 3D brawler to dig into, since Sega seems to care fuck all about another console VF port. No announcement or anything (that I'm aware of). Just...bleh.

Haven't really sat down with Tekken since T2. Used to main Nina and King. Curious to see how much they've changed.

I figure I'm fine if the netcode is drawing comparisons to ScIV. People say it was subpar, but I couldn't figure out why. Seemed to play fine on my end, and I played a sickening amount of VF5 online.

Attack You said:
Haven't really sat down with Tekken since T2. Used to main Nina and King. Curious to see how much they've changed.

a LOT of changes. King has an air grab which is too awesome. And Tekken became a juggle oriented game since T4.

Skilletor

Prototype-03 said:
a LOT of changes. King has an air grab which is too awesome. And Tekken became a juggle oriented game since T4.

T4 was less about juggles than any installment before or since.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Baby Milo said:
Hes not saying that i just talked to him on aim. he's saying its terrible on xbl.

....lol. Need to get home and verify for self. This whole 'it's ok', 'it's terrible' stuff is making my head spin :lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Prototype-03 said:

Was wondering this as well. I stopped my Tekken obsession at #3. I used to be hard into the series and for some reason just dropped it. Seems like its time to get back into it as long as netcode doesn't suck ass.

wmat said:
You know, maybe some of you guys just have shitty internet?

Some of us do, some of us don't. Even then, you can't explain how a game could be laggy with GREEN bars. I had a friend who's less than 1 hour away and we get full green bars and get lag of about 3 bars in SF4.

I had good connection with SF4, good connection with BB... Terrible connection with T5DR and terrible connection with T6.

Can't really use that argument anymore. Hopefully it's just Namco tweaking something on their side since 360 users are reporting good connections.

RefigeKru

Banned
So the netcode for T6 is bad. Like, worse than DR bad? Damn it Namco, I slept with you.

Urgh. Still day one. This is primarily for playing against my friends in the same room, but I would have enjoyed some online. Here's hoping it's sorted out soon. :)

LowParry

xBerserker said:
Going to the T6 midnight launch at the Gamestop in Sugarhouse, Utah. Any gaffers going to that location?

Oh man, didn't know you were local. I'm hitting up the Gamestop up on Redwood and 90th.

Arde5643

RefigeKru said:
So the netcode for T6 is bad. Like, worse than DR bad? Damn it Namco, I slept with you.

Urgh. Still day one. This is primarily for playing against my friends in the same room, but I would have enjoyed some online. Here's hoping it's sorted out soon. :)
Get it for 360 then - so far all early reports seem to indicate it's as good as SF4.

Dai Kaiju

So, I got my preorder calendar today. What a joke. Not that I was expecting much (since it was free), but they could have at least stapled the damn thing together. :lol

MrDenny

I upgraded my amazon order on sunday night to release-date delivery.
It's suppose to be here tomorrow, but hasn't shipped yet.
Wonder if it will actually come on time.

CcrooK said:
Oh man, didn't know you were local. I'm hitting up the Gamestop up on Redwood and 90th.

Ah, well. I'm meeting 2 friends there tonight to keep me company, lol. Have fun :D
PSN is xBerserker btw, say your from NeoGAF

RefigeKru

Banned
Arde5643 said:
Get it for 360 then - so far all early reports seem to indicate it's as good as SF4.

1. Don't have a 360. It broke.
2. I'm never going to play Tekken with a 360 controller, neither will my friends since most have a PS3.
3. I suck with a stick.
4. Most important, I'm a peasant. So I wouldn't be able to afford a stick, or a 360.

Hell, my friend is buying my copy of T6 for me. I don't really have a choice.

RefigeKru said:
1. Don't have a 360. It broke.
2. I'm never going to play Tekken with a 360 controller, neither will my friends since most have a PS3.
3. I suck with a stick.
4. Most important, I'm a peasant. So I wouldn't be able to afford a stick, or a 360.

Hell, my friend is buying my copy of T6 for me. I don't really have a choice.

Actually, if you're even the least bit interesting in going stick: Hori FS3 (PS3). That's the cheapest I've seen a semi-decent stick in a good, long while. I know MarkMan doesn't have any kind words for Hori's low-grade sticks, but I'm still using my EX2 (360 equivalent of FS3) two years later without a problem. Just practice finesse and don't abuse the hell out of the sticks, and they really do last longer than they should. I think for the price (especially for the PS3 stick at the moment), these are good starter sticks.

LordK

MrDenny said:
I upgraded my amazon order on sunday night to release-date delivery.
It's suppose to be here tomorrow, but hasn't shipped yet.
Wonder if it will actually come on time.

It will. They typically ship release date delivery games later at night with next day shipping.

MrMephistoX

Attack You said:
Actually, if you're even the least bit interesting in going stick: Hori FS3 (PS3). That's the cheapest I've seen a semi-decent stick in a good, long while. I know MarkMan doesn't have any kind words for Hori's low-grade sticks, but I'm still using my EX2 (360 equivalent of FS3) two years later without a problem. Just practice finesse and don't abuse the hell out of the sticks, and they really do last longer than they should. I think for the price (especially for the PS3 stick at the moment), these are good starter sticks.

And the wireless bundle might not be half bad according to Markman:

http://shoryuken.com/?p=1557

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Netcode was awful over partnernet. Worst damn net play on a fighting game ever.

Full green bars too.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Friend claiming a game run on XBL with full green bars is, 'balls horrible'. It seems like a majority of the content in T6 is geared towards online, so you'd think that component would at least work. I was getting really excited for the game, being able to play against friends and perform bitchen new combos...but maybe that's out of the question now. I really like Tekken 6, but if there isn't online competition to consistently play against...I don't see any reason to keep playing.

Soul Calibur IV deja vu.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
LeMaximilian said:
Friend claiming a game run on XBL with full green bars is, 'balls horrible'. It seems like a majority of the content in T6 is geared towards online, so you'd think that component would at least work. I was getting really excited for the game, being able to play against friends and perform bitchen new combos...but maybe that's out of the question now. I really like Tekken 6, but if there isn't online competition to consistently play against...I don't see any reason to keep playing.

Soul Calibur IV deja vu.
And this is why I don't pre-order fighting games.

Well, I got the call...pickup is tomorrow at 10AM! Damn you lucky guys who get to pick up your copies tonight...

Also I was thinking about changing my order to the 360 version, but the online doesn't seem to be any better so I'll stick with the PS3 version...

LowParry

Mattlikewhoa said:
Well, I got the call...pickup is tomorrow at 10AM! Damn you lucky guys who get to pick up your copies tonight...

Also I was thinking about changing my order to the 360 version, but the online doesn't seem to be any better so I'll stick with the PS3 version...

I really don't know what's going on with online. I just want to play.

Top Bottom