• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Mr Spliff

Mattlikewhoa said:
Quick question about this mode. Can you play it co-op? How long does it take to complete? How much money do you earn each time you play it?

I'm not sure how long it would take to complete to be honest, it's defintely not epic though! If you don't plan on grinding for items (not sure if you even need to do that), maybe 8-10 hours? i have played for under 3 hours and have unlocked 18 of the 40 characters. NO signs of offline co-op, you should hear the language coming out of my wife, I've been getting about 200,000 after each mission, not sure if difficulty has anything to do with the rewards, I'm playing on easy alongside wifey who is pissed about co-op.

LowParry

This whole GGL tourny is going to be not so good with how the netcode it. I mean, Namco must of really had high hopes to allow an online tourny. Who knows though, who knows. I was going to join up and try but not sure now.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
d0c_zaius said:
that G4 review comes off so bitter, even more so by the defending the reviewer does in the comments.

Hating on tekken for having tekken gameplay? okkkkkkkkkkkkkk buddy

Krazen, seeing as fighting games are Japanese developed (thus subject to cultural opinion on the worth of online), I'm going to have to disagree with your dark age prediction. But that is a topic that deserves its own.
I think he comes off as critical, which is his damn job.

AZ Greg

Damn, was really hyped for this. Online impressions are a damn shame.

Will put this in the pick up at $20 pile with KOF12.

Mr Spliff said:
I'm not sure how long it would take to complete to be honest, it's defintely not epic though! If you don't plan on grinding for items (not sure if you even need to do that), maybe 8-10 hours? i have played for under 3 hours and have unlocked 18 of the 40 characters. NO signs of offline co-op, you should hear the language coming out of my wife, I've been getting about 200,000 after each mission, not sure if difficulty has anything to do with the rewards, I'm playing on easy alongside wifey who is pissed about co-op.

Thanks for letting me know! :D

RelentlessRolento said:
This entire thread got silly real quick in just a few days :lol

Yeah, this thread sure has it's ups and downs...

tapedeck said:
Jesus. I wish I hadnt read that.

Same here, and now I'm a sad panda...

Aedile

Cancelled my order for now. SF4 netcode is tolerable at best, and if T6 doesn't hold a candle to it, it's no sale. That said, I'm still willing to make the purchase if more favorable reports trickle in as the game becomes more widely available, or if Namco gives us a Holy Grail patch. Otherwise it looks like I'll have to learn to love BB.

Looking at the silver lining, I think all the major fighting game developers will learn in time for their next iteration what Arcsys already seems to know: at this point, decent online play is non-negotiable and good online pays dividends.

Teknoman

Actually I had no idea people were having issues with SFIV netcode. Most of the matches I have, even if I get stuck with 3 bar opponents, seem to be pretty lag free. Can do everything online with El Fuerte that I can offline.

EDIT: That video looks close to the same way that Super Smash Bros handled lag...or even Budokai Tenkachi 3 to a lesser extent.

LowParry

Mattlikewhoa said:
Ugh...I wish I didn't click that...

You should. Because it makes my thoughts go "WTF" at that. That's the strangest looking lag I've ever seen. Just what exactly is causing that?

Edit: And the video is XBL as well, fyi.

Nemesis_

Teknoman said:
Actually I had no idea people were having issues with SFIV netcode. Most of the matches I have, even if I get stuck with 3 bar opponents, seem to be pretty lag free. Can do everything online with El Fuerte that I can offline.

EDIT: That video looks close to the same way that Super Smash Bros handled lag...or even Budokai Tenkachi 3 to a lesser extent.

People complain about everything. I think SF4 was great for online and BlazBlue is fucking win, if every fighting game could get to the standard of at least SF4 I'd be happy.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Mattlikewhoa said:
Ugh...I wish I didn't click that...

Holy fuck. Jesus...what to do :lol I won't check this thread until tomorrow night, hopefully there will be good news =(

GeoNeo

I disagree.
What the fuck that netcode looks horrible. I have seen such netcode before and it was on the Xbox 1 in Street fighter anniversary collection. Anyone, that played someone really laggy knows how that turned into a slide show.

LowParry

GeoNeo said:
What the fuck that netcode looks horrible. I have seen such netcode before and it was on the Xbox 1 in Street fighter anniversary collection. Anyone, that played someone really laggy knows how that turned into a slide show.

Oh shit, you're right! :lol Guilty Gear comes to mind!

d0c_zaius

SapientWolf said:
I think he comes off as critical, which is his damn job.

My journalism professor disagrees.

:D at all the "dam" RANDOM RAGGGGGGEEE . I think the review comments speak for themselves.

EDIT: Yikes that youtube vid is scary. For me, online has never been anything but a bonus, but that vid is UGLY

Teknoman said:

Yeah, that's the first thing that crossed my mind. Memories of Ness appearing v-e-r-y-s-l-o-w-l-y... Umm, alright! I'll still pick it up for the local play, but that's pretty disappointing. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CcrooK said:
Well, one more hour for me till I drive out. Hype!
Hype bro, hype...

sigh.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
IcebergSlim3000 said:
You know, Forza 3 honestly wasn't on my radar at all.
It should be. GOTG, I'm not kidding. I'm going to play the hell out of it while I wait for my Mad Catz MVC2 stick to come in... :D

hamchan

scotcheggz said:
Is this true?? :( You mean ranks don't go up past 1st Dan, unless you win online?

Ok WTF. This is a dealbreaker for me. I'll just stick with the PSP version and the console version next year cheaper.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
AZ Greg said:
Damn, was really hyped for this. Online impressions are a damn shame.

Will put this in the pick up at $20 pile with KOF12.
Yeah, it really irks me that BB quality netcode isn't the standard for all fighting games. (yet).>_>
There's still some hope with in-coming patches, but none of the patches with SCIV improved my online experience.:(

Getting my copy tomorrow morning, already told my boss I need to take my mother in law to the hospital tomorrow, so wont show up for work.

Dont let me down Namco!

Masamuna

After a long offline session tonight we decided to try the online (PSN). I tried a few matches in Ranked, and to be honest it was damn near unplayable.

Granted, the input delay was insane but what gets me is how Ranked is set up. I'm one of those people that screens opponents and kicks them if the connection indicator is shit, so T6's process is downright frustrating to me.

I will be giving it another chance down the road, but only in Player Match and as of now only if they're located in the SE.

Thank god i'm near ATL <3 <3 <3

CcrooK said:
So I got this over at SRK from gl0ry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8BEGSdHZFo

An example of lag but it looks so strange to me. Not the lag I'm used to seeing in fighting games.
Ha, I had 2 matches like that so far. I actually considered recording the first one too because of how bad it was. :lol

But yeah... it's pretty bad.

Gotta say that overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this game. When it comes to the fighting system, it's great, but just about everything else is bad/wrong - the optional mode virtually being a requirement to do anything worthwhile (unlock endings, earn money or items, etc.), the final boss (awful, awful mechanics - what the fuck was Namco thinking?), and the dealbreaker: the online.

If I could return this game, I would - but I'm stuck with just selling it for a small loss. Ah well... serves me right for pulling the trigger way too early. Should've waited on a sale or something..

Anyanka

Playing now and even with green bars it's total garbage. It's WORSE than DRO on green bars. This is a huge disaster.

If those Namco rep guys are serious about working with the community they need to come out and say something like, right now.

Baby Milo

Masamuna said:
Granted, the input delay was insane but what gets me is how Ranked is set up. I'm one of those people that screens opponents and kicks them if the connection indicator is shit, so T6's process is downright frustrating to me.
yes yes yes this is terrible. it prob wouldn't be so bad if you could choose who to fight but you just get thrown into a match with whoever no matter the connection

i somehow got matched up against a real life friend of mine in ranked match. It ran perfect but he doesn't live to far from me:lol .

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Good GOD. Ive been hyped for this game for MONTHS...and after reading these horrid impressions Im actually considering not getting it. I have T5: DR Online and love it...maybe I should just stick with that. :|

LowParry

I'll toss in my first impressions. Once I get a little familiar with Paul going through arcade, I'll try a few online matches.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Isn't Tekken suppose to be Namco's flagship fighter? what happened?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well shit, this online is starting to sound devastatingly bad :lol

Let us know how it turns out xboxers

DRE Fei

I'm getting this game and Forza 3 for sure tomorrow. Maybe tons of california peeps will be playing this and I can just pray for some good pings.

I also heard that the patch I'm going to download as soon as I load up the game is around 14MB. What the hell is in that exactly?

LowParry

Well alright. First impressions:

The game looks fucking gorgeous! I can't believe people are hating on how it looks. HD DR? Get the fuck out of here with that impression. I like the blur option more so I'm gonna roll with that for now. 60fps ftmfw!

As for online (PS3):

Oh boy. So me and Prototype gave it a try. Green bar. Lag. It's pretty bad. The characters I'm used to playing I wasn't able to pull of my normal combos. Example: Ling's 1 d 2 move. Fucking hell that was frustrating. He's from SoCal. I'm from Utah.

Then tried a few matches with my local here that's about 15 mins away. A little better but still laggy. Not perfect.

After that I tried a few randoms. Blind select is nice since you pick your character first, then it syncs with someone and walla, you play. Ran into mostly yellow bars. Not playable. The few Kaz's I ran into would spam UF 4, 4, 4, 4. Dumb fuckers.

I'm rolling with Comcast as well in terms of internet reference.

So for the game itself. Looks great. Sounds great. Plays great. Online? Not so good. Namco do something please!

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Thanks for the impressions, Ccrook.

Told you people saying this looked bad had it wrong.

I need to order again on Play-Asia. Anyone able to pm me a $5 P-A code?

Top Bottom