• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't wait to get my copy after work today. Should be a lot of fun, and I'm a whore for dressup. :lol

MattyH

My Special edition will be here tomorro
im just wondering does the game come with a slip case cover or is that just the normal copies

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Got the game, got the DLC code, and it appears the DLC code is for both versions of the game. Cool. Does anyone have a spare X360 redemption token? I need it for a friend.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
RedNumberFive said:
Just picked up my PS3 copy over lunch. I'm more interested in local multiplayer, so as long as that's solid I'll be a happy man.

Local play is smooth as butter. Just make sure you use sticks so you don't get Hawking-claw and install to HD so you don't have to endure load time hell.

Rimshot

I am just wondering, the arcade stick bundle, is the stick anything to have or will I be better of buying a stick separate?

I went ahead this morning to my local GS and was the first customer there (they didnt have midnight launch) and got my Tekken 6 Bundle.

I've been in this store for close to 3 years and service is usually fantastic, but for some reason this particular store didnt have the PA Yoshi Costume or the Tekken 6 Calendar that they advertised. That right there already pissed me off since I could've ordered it somewhere else and got freebies but too late now.

Also, I open up the box and sure enough, the PS3 LE doesnt have the foil outer box that regular Tekken 6 copies have. FML ;_;

Then GAF starts complaining about bad graphics, bad online netcode and a horrible single player replacement(scenario campaign). Things arent looking so good right now :(

I'll remain optimistic. I love Tekken too much that just popping in the disc and playing for a few minutes should cool off my jets :lol

Sunflower said:
I'm a whore for dressup. :lol

I hope you like grinding because EVERYTHING cool is expensive as hell!

I've been playing for the last two hours and I've got some quick notes:

-Online is not to hot. I've got a green connection and most of my matches were almost full/full bars and I still had lag/lagging inputs. It really messes up your timing.

-Tekken force mode is balls awfully painful to play through. The AI is rather crappy and rather useless. I have to walk her over to health mid fight just so she can pick up the item. I can't believe this is the mode I have to play in order to unlock endings, and earn a larger sum of money.

-Fuck the last boss

-Damn this game looks good! I don't know who said that it's not looking to hot but it looks great on my setup. I can't wait to throw it on my HD projector when my friends arrive.

-Fuck the last boss

-Canadians do not get the foil slip cover? I was talking to my friend who's a EB Games manager and he said that none of the copies he received had it...

Rimshot said:
I am just wondering, the arcade stick bundle, is the stick anything to have or will I be better of buying a stick separate?
Depends. Which system? Do you own sticks already? Even without answering those, it's probably worth noting that the bundle stick is wireless, at least, which is enough to differentiate itself from the others.

Edit: Directed at no one in particular: My 360 bundle just arrived, and it has security tape on the box. Bah. It sure is purdy, though.

Rimshot

Attack You said:
Depends. Which system? Do you own sticks already? Even without answering those, it's probably worth noting that the bundle stick is wireless, at least, which is enough to differentiate itself from the others.

Edit: Directed to no one in particular: My 360 bundle just arrived, and it has security tape on the box. Bah. It sure is purdy, though.

I want to buy the game to the ps3 system since it just feels more correct to play fighters on it heh.

I have only one stick from before, it is a ps2 fanta stick.

I do not care if it is wired or wireless, what I care about is the quality of the stick and the buttons for Tekken.

Mattlikewhoa said:
I hope you like grinding because EVERYTHING cool is expensive as hell!

I've been playing for the last two hours and I've got some quick notes:

Once you unlock the Mokujin stage in SC and add some money + drop multipliers you can rack up at least a million every time. Unfortunately you realize your stuck playing only this stage for money and it becomes reaaallly tiresome after awhile.

-Fuck the last boss
1,2, 1,2 1,2 1,2 :D

GOD WTF IS UP WITH THIS FINAL BOSS!!!!!!!!!! I can't even beat this guy and I have it on easy. Sometimes I can't even get off the damn ground and he pounds me out for 75% of my health....I playing as Jin btw.

Anyanka

Against Azazel launch him and after bound instead of doing your usual juggle ender do your unblockable. The A.I. tries to lay there to let it whiff and gets hit because he's so big.

Rimshot said:
I want to buy the game to the ps3 system since it just feels more correct to play fighters on it heh.

I have only one stick from before, it is a ps2 fanta stick.

I do not care if it is wired or wireless, what I care about is the quality of the stick and the buttons for Tekken.
Why not get a converter and use the Fanta stick on your PS3?

Ugh, just emailed GAME and they said that my preorder won't be shipping until Thursday :( Guess I was lucky getting Uncharted 2 and Pro Evo 2010 the Wednesday before release.

Added my PSN ID to the T6 thread in online so looking forward to playing some GAF games this weekend :)

boutrosinit said:
Local play is smooth as butter. Just make sure you use sticks so you don't get Hawking-claw and install to HD so you don't have to endure load time hell.

Noted. I'll be dusting off my ol' Hori stick. Didn't know about the install though, as Tekken has been pretty off my radar. I'll be sure to do that right away.

Rimshot said:
Because last time I checked they all had some sort of input lag according to people.

Noooo, that ain't right. I use a cheapie PS2-to-PC USB converter I bought from Radio Shack years before PS3 even released, and there's no input lag. But, that does you no good, because I know they don't make them anymore. And, while I'm being largely useless to your inquiry (sorry), I'm under the impression that the wireless sticks are closer to Hori's mid-grade entries hovering around $100 at retail, which generally pull positive impressions even from seasoned stick players. I can't verify that for myself since I can't break the seal on my box at the moment. :(

Mr Spliff

You know, why can't fighting games just have a cool martial arts type master for an end boss? Just some bad ass dude that's tough but looks at least even half respectable to lose too. This ridiculous purple hybrid of a turd sandwich and a giant douche is really pushing it.

SoulFist

Man I'm so torn. I dunno if I should still pick this up. I don't have any local competition, so online is my only hope for serious play. All the negative response for the online doesn't give me much hope.

Mr Spliff said:
You know, why can't fighting games just have a cool martial arts type master for an end boss? Just some bad ass dude that's tough but looks at least even half respectable to lose too. This ridiculous purple hybrid of a turd sandwich and a giant douche is really pushing it.
Yeah, this one is just way too Team Ninja-esque.

Sure, Tekken 2 had Devil and 3 had Ogre, but at least they didn't pull off this teleportation or random shield bullshit.
He's seriously the worst fighting game boss I've ever faced. Not the hardest (beat him over 40 something times for Scenario Campaign...) - just the worst. Horrible design for the battle.

Mr Spliff said:
:lol :lol

Purple hybrid turd sandwich.....

Mr Spliff said:

Tekken 1 and 4. Just Heihachi being a tough guy.

LowParry

Revolutionary said:

Sure, Tekken 2 had Devil and 3 had Ogre, but at least they didn't pull off this teleportation or random shield bullshit.
He's seriously the worst fighting game boss I've ever faced. Not the hardest (beat him over 40 something times for Scenario Campaign...) - just the worst. Horrible design for the battle.

No no. This almost qualifies as KOF boss worthy. I'm just about done with campaign. And...Devil Jin has an over bite. No joke. :lol

Asking about Tekken Bowl is not a bad thing. :lol :lol
Will be getting this soon, if anyone has a an extra CTS code, PM me and I can send you a few bucks on paypal.

TimeKillr

Mattlikewhoa said:
-Canadians do not get the foil slip cover? I was talking to my friend who's a EB Games manager and he said that none of the copies he received had it...

I did get it, but afaik I got the american version off my game store. There's no french text anywhere on it. :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Picked up both versions, currently messing around in the 360 version.

Did three matches online, all green bars. The first was ultra-laggy to the point that it felt like I couldn't do anything. Horrid, horrid input lag. The second was better. Choppy, but playable. The third was near-PERFECT. No problems whatsoever. The other player was in a different state, but still on the east coast. Then I did another match with a red bar. Lag once again, but oddly not as bad as the first match. So it feels all over the place.

Ranked also kind of sucks, since you just get randomly matched up and can't check the connection status first.

It also appears that you can edit multiple characters for your profile. You have your main character selected, sure, but I was able to look at parts for all the other characters.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Why the fuck hasn't Amazon shipped this game. Dammit.

A friend of mine has it. Said the lag was nasty but still workable. Said graphics sucked and looked like a PS2 game :lol

Lyte Edge said:
Did three matches online, all green bars. The first was ultra-laggy to the point that it felt like I couldn't do anything. Horrid, horrid input lag. The second was better. Choppy, but playable. The third was near-PERFECT. No problems whatsoever. The other player was in a different state, but still on the east coast. Then I did another match with a red bar. Lag once again, but oddly not as bad as the first match. So it feels all over the place.

That's generally been my experience on PS3(Minus the near-perfect game). Just inconsistent matches with yellows sometimes performing better than green. Mic-chat really lags the hell out of matches too. I noticed I get that strange playing in slow motion type lag only on green matches. Weird.

It also appears that you can edit multiple characters for your profile. You have your main character selected, sure, but I was able to look at parts for all the other characters.

Yeah, it tracks all characters. Setting the character and stage for your profile is only for menu background/music preference.

Kolgar

Revolutionary said:

This may be my final straw.

Really, developers, ENOUGH with the cheap-ass, no-fun boss fights at the ends of fighting games. WE SHOULD BE BEYOND THAT BY NOW.

With all the other complaints I'm hearing, I'm thinking about not picking up my preorder at all.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yup, I definitely think "all over the place" describes online play on 360. More matches, more full green bars...some near-perfect, others laggy as hell. Really makes no sense. It's still better than Tekken 5 DR Online was though. :p

I see hope for this game's online unlike KOF XII.

Gonna try the PS3 version now.

Top Bottom