• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

got the ps3 version.

Game looks butt ugly. There is NO excuse for this game to look this bad. Namco should have wasted less time on the awful scenario mode and more on polish.

Game plays good tho.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I havent been impressed at all by the visuals in this game. Looks like a launch game.

And the single player scenario mode looks horrible and plays almost as badly. Shame cause there looks to be a good deal of content surrounding it.

LowParry

Teknoman said:
Please be so.

360 version blur on or off?

Not sure. I know with the blur off, it ups the resolution but that's it. Give it a try. see what looks better for ya.

And no people, the game looks fantastic. Launch game? Fuck you! :lol

CcrooK said:
Not sure. I know with the blur off, it ups the resolution but that's it. Give it a try. see what looks better for ya.

dude it looks worse than any fighting game out there. DOA4 even look better.

~Kinggi~

Banned
CcrooK said:

hey, its not like im lieing here. This game isnt a looker. I bought the fucking thing i can rip it apart if i want.

Im guessing the game looks better on a 30 inch TV rather than a 50 inch one.

CcrooK said:

2yyv1io.jpg

Sorry. Had to do it.

Relix said:
Said graphics sucked and looked like a PS2 game :lol
bosx2 said:
but god damn namco, where are you coding gods?? it so low res... another disappoinment..
Kabuki Waq said:
Kabuki Waq said:
Game looks butt ugly. There is NO excuse for this game to look this bad. Namco should have wasted less time on the awful scenario mode and more on polish.
~Kinggi~ said:
I havent been impressed at all by the visuals in this game. Looks like a launch game.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As a self-confessed graphics whore and tekken enthusiast, WHY?!. I'm not sure i can tolerate fuglyness and arguably bad online play, i'm still going to try it at my friends place first but damn this doesn't look good at all.T_T

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Game is fun. I am so rusty at Tekken now though, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing as Lili.

FoxSpirit

~Kinggi~ said:
hey, its not like im lieing here. This game isnt a looker. I bought the fucking thing i can rip it apart if i want.

Im guessing the game looks better on a 30 inch TV rather than a 50 inch one.

Just was to a electronics chain today... man, a 32 inch 720p TV makes PS3 and 360 look sweet >.<

Ronin

Man, I suck so bad at Tekken but its still a hell of a lot of fun. I'm thinking I wanna stick with it for a bit and try and become a little decent with somebody.

Also consider me in the camp that thinks the game looks pretty damn good.

I'm surprised about some of the complaints. I think the game looks fine (PS3; the only thing it needs is some AA but whatever) and it runs great online when you hit green bars. Installing it made loading matches a lot faster, too.

xero273

PTCoakley said:
I'm surprised about some of the complaints. I think the game looks fine (PS3; the only thing it needs is some AA but whatever) and it runs great online when you hit green bars. Installing it made loading matches a lot faster, too.

if you turn off the blur, you get AA

Kabuki Waq said:

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, let's not go making hasty comments. DOA4's environments look "okay" and the game has some nice textures sometimes, but it's almost literally an upscaled "DOA2U+ some more shit" and stiff animations. T6 blows that out of the water and T6BR does it even further.:lol

Kabuki Waq said:
got the ps3 version.

Game plays good tho.

A game in development for 3 years too. I'm really disappointed graphically, what was the team doing for 3 years? The gameplay is at least decent.

hikarutilmitt said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, let's not go making hasty comments. DOA4's environments look "okay" and the game has some nice textures sometimes, but it's almost literally an upscaled "DOA2U+ some more shit" and stiff animations. T6 blows that out of the water and T6BR does it even further.:lol

Look at the water and ground textures, they look straight out of a PS2 game in high-res. Some of the faces are pretty horrid. Like I said before, the offline gameplay is good so not all is lost.

What is up with the ground textures? Characters don't match the environment in quality.
2wd3k3a.jpg

Askia47

Digital-Hero said:
A game in development for 3 years too. I'm really disappointed graphically, what was the team doing for 3 years? The gameplay is at least decent.
They made the game two years ago, and they've just been updating it with the BR version and now the console release.

Game looked great in Arcades, idk whats the problem.

add me to the graphical defense force, i think this game looks great......come on guys, a launch game/Barely a step up from 5: DR??? really guys!?!?!?

Pein

Banned
played this with a friend for a few hours. no doubt it looks pretty cruddy and dated. Gameplay is ok though. But net code is awful we tried a few games and all games were laggy as hell.

jmro

First impressions (360)

Looks like ass. Seriously.

Gameplay feels really good.

Online is horribly inconsistent, I've had about half good, half terrible games, despite green bars.

Making me buy Law's moustache? Fuckers! He looks really freaky.

jmro said:
First impressions (360)

Looks like ass. Seriously.

Gameplay feels really good.

Online is horribly inconsistent, I've had about half good, half terrible games, despite green bars.

Making me buy Law's moustache? Fuckers! He looks really freaky.

Ok, another person. I'm not alone.

Teknoman

I still think Tekken 5 looks great, so i'll probably be happy with this. All I ask is for the online to be patched and soon.

By the way, anyone using a SFIV fight stick? Oh and arent there destructable areas that lead to other arenas?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I think if you (can) stick to playing people in your timezone/on your side of the coast, you're going to get pretty decent or even great quality matches. I've had a lot of success today playing people with full green bars.

If you have a good internet connection, it's not going to be so bad.

Prototype-03 said:
I actually had good connections with Ronin and Kiunch. Lyte Edge sucks.

LOL, u got the weak connection. U-Force here mayne.

You're the only connection on my friends list I played that had lag. :/

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
"
via USPS (estimated delivery date: November 5, 2009)."

Fuck you amazon. Seriously. Fuck you.

"This shipment does not have an associated tracking or delivery
confirmation number."

What the hell!?!?!

Backgrounds look awful. Characters look good.

But the game moves with such fluidity that I can't possibly hate the graphics. And the blur looks absolutely fantastic. Who cares.

Haven't tried the PS3 online yet, but I doubt I'll play that much anyway.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lyte Edge said:
It's the USPS, what did you expect?

No seriously, I am gonna whine. I actually paid for the shipping... 2-5 days. They can't even provide a number? Fuck that.

jmro

Teknoman said:
I still think Tekken 5 looks great, so i'll probably be happy with this. All I ask is for the online to be patched and soon.

By the way, anyone using a SFIV fight stick? Oh and arent there destructable areas that lead to other arenas?

I'm using a SFIV TE, had to reconfigure it, it defaulted to the tekken stick with the wrong layout

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Sent off an email to support saying how unsatisfied... mad... angry... I was. For real, I am not ever gonna preorder from Amazon and hell, probably even buy. I especially paid for shipping, I didn't select Free Super Saver Shipping. That takes 8 days... and whatcha know, it actually is getting here after 8 days. Plus no tracking number...

They dropped the ball so, so... SOOO hard.

*Pissed Off Mode*

RiotOfTheBlood said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

As a self-confessed graphics whore and tekken enthusiast, WHY?!. I'm not sure i can tolerate fuglyness and arguably bad online play, i'm still going to try it at my friends place first but damn this doesn't look good at all.T_T

It looks good at times man. It's not ugly on every stage but overall its disappointing.

Barkley's Justice said:
it's off. still horrible. i mean, i havent been this pissed in a while man.

:lol

Sorry to hear that. I'm slightly disappointed as well. it's probably the most underwhelming game that I bought this fall. I went from Uncharted 2 & Demon's Souls to this.

Teknoman

Relix said:
Sent off an email to support saying how unsatisfied... mad... angry... I was. For real, I am not ever gonna preorder from Amazon and hell, probably even buy. I especially paid for shipping, I didn't select Free Super Saver Shipping. That takes 8 days... and whatcha know, it actually is getting here after 8 days. Plus no tracking number...

They dropped the ball so, so... SOOO hard.

*Pissed Off Mode*

Strange. Amazon usually delivers before the estimated delivery date...even with super saver.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Teknoman said:
Strange. Amazon usually delivers before the estimated delivery date...even with super saver.

Yeah... but at least give me a freaking tracking number for god's sake

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
1. The game is gorgeous

2. Scenario Campaign is kind of fun, for some stupid reason

3. Azazel motherfuckers.

entremet

So are any versions arcade perfect? I haven't been to the arcades in a while, but Tekken 6 never looked like it would be a taxing game to either of the HD twins.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
entrement said:
So are any versions arcade perfect? I haven't been to the arcades in a while, but Tekken 6 never looked like it would be a taxing game to either of the HD twins.

Both versions are arcade perfect, in arcade mode. Don't listen to the graphics whores, seriously.

Fuck the Scenario Campaign...Seriously!

It's totally shitty in the later stages! It's fun being hit by 4 different people at the same time! Then there is the later boss battles...4 times the health for them...You get to fight the boss AND his goons at the same time...

Fuck that mode...I'm almost ready to bring this shit back!

the graphics are terribly distracting. especially after playing the hd dark resurrection which was just crisp. or soul calibur.

i'm not a graphics whore but DAMN is this game ugly.

does it look better on 360?? or do they both suck??

Leckan

The people whining about the visuals should remember that this was released two years ago on the arcades. I know it's based on BR which was released a year later but that only added motion blur visually speaking as far as I know. I did think the reason it took this long was because they had to port it to the other console and to polish the net-code. I sincerely hope Namco will release a patch to improve the online because there can be no excuse after all this time.

Also Tekken never had the character models of Virtua Fighter, preferring to focus more on the backgrounds and effects instead.

I'll be picking this up in due time, I was at GS earlier though and EVERYONE was picking this up on the Playstation 3. What were the sales comparisons of the SCIV on the two systems?

Top Bottom