• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
JustAnotherOtaku said:
Ugh, just emailed GAME and they said that my preorder won't be shipping until Thursday :( Guess I was lucky getting Uncharted 2 and Pro Evo 2010 the Wednesday before release.)

They sent mine out on the Friday, but because of the postie backlog it's yet to actually arrive.

I'm hoping tomorrow! :D

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
PS3 version definitely has better image quality. Looks better.

First match I played online was absolutely perfect. The guy has to be the in same area as me.

He destroyed me, too. :lol I mean, I'm a total noob, but this was like abuse...he was using Julia and just juggled me across the screen. There was nothing I was able to do to get out of it!

LowParry

Lyte Edge said:
Yup, I definitely think "all over the place" describes online play on 360. More matches, more full green bars...some near-perfect, others laggy as hell. Really makes no sense. It's still better than Tekken 5 DR Online was though. :p

I see hope for this game's online unlike KOF XII.

Gonna try the PS3 version now.

I've had some similar experiences on PSN as well. Mostly green bars but good lord, one time it's really good. Another it's really bad.

Lyte Edge

CcrooK said:
I've had some similar experiences on PSN as well. Mostly green bars but good lord, one time it's really good. Another it's really bad.

I think the people calling the online complete garbage are way over-exaggerating. But Namco definitely needs to patch this.

Lyte Edge

Calcaneus said:
How was Soul Calibur IV's online when it first came out? Was there a patch relatively soon after release?

I can't say since I was in Japan at the time, and lag was not a problem unless I was playing against American players.

Right now, Soul Calibur IV's online play is still better, I think, because it's more consistent. You don't know if the match you get in Tekken 6 is going to be good or completely unplayable. Best to stick with player rooms and keep playing the people who have good connections with you.

But on both systems, I've had more good connections overall.

Lyte Edge

Speaking as a complete Tekken noob...what can I do to stop the flurry of attacks that keep me floating just off the ground so that I can't recover?

And where's the sheep stage in multiplayer? ;_;

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Well it looks like my skill are really fucking rusty, was doing arcade mode and oh man having trouble with Jin and the last piece of shit character,

Lyte Edge

haunts said:
Online ranges from worst ever to actually pretty decent. haha. I am owning so far!!!

I was owning on 360 (which is just :lol cuz I suck big time), but am getting trashed on PS3.

The guy I had a perfect connection with was in Maryland! :O

MrMephistoX

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=213492&page=3

For people interested in the wireless stick this is a pretty good thread.

I have to give credit to protomanSTi on SRK of course and I'd suggest trying it out for yourself despite a few negative comments: Markman seems to like it for a casual approach and the SRK guys are extremely picky. I'll post impressions of my own when I pick my PS3 stick up after work.

t3.jpg

bosx2

Banned
damn it! I preordered the european special edition (the one with the hoodie) which has not arrived yet, and today I saw the normal edition being sold already in my local supermarket!! GOD DAMN!!! why do I preorder if I dont get it as early as some freakn noname supermarket.. I hate it

ok so I called my friend and he bought the normal edition, just came home from some tekken 6 fighting sessions

my first impressions:
- opening cinematic is really just so lala.. after all the years of great namco cgi, I was a bit disappointed
- then the loading times, are way too long.. (even if you install the game), man when you repeat any tournament stage in campain mode, it has to reload the whole level! WTF WWWTTTFFF!!! it takes freakn 20 seconds to load the same presets and whatever... clearly not well done.. in VS mode a retry is rested in less than a second.. also the whole main menu, vs mode levels and all.. everything loads too long, not well optimized
- then the graphics.. man they look good, no doubt, they are rich in colours and the effects are amazing! in motion it looks really awesome... but god damn namco, where are you coding gods?? it so low res... another disappoinment.. but you get used to the no so great graphics, so it doesnt bother me... but on the good side, its ULTRA smooth and freakn fast gameplay
- the ending cgis are what I loved most about other tekken games, and in tekken 6, they are really not good... with no passion and all, they are very short too
- the endboss, well well... big ass unfair boring and 4 levels in tournament?? not good either
- the rpg elements are interesting and thats what I want to unlock next
- the tekken feeling is there, the fights are as fun as I hoped them to be! we had a blast and overall I love it, VS mode is perfect (even with the long loading times)

Add me on PSN (Automatisch). Looking for East Coast/Southeast people. I can't play much today or tomorrow but tomorrow night and onward I can get on more.

Lyte Edge

Well, after a bunch of player matches on both systems, the majority were decent-great in terms of quality. It definitely needs fixing up, but if you have a high-speed connection, you should be able to find good matches.

Fortinbras said:
The netcode is crap. I'm disappointed. I'll give Namco a week to fix this shit.

What kind of connection do you have?

twinturbo2 said:
If anyone has a spare X360 preorder bonus code, PM me and I'll see about giving something in return.

Me too. I rather not get into the long story about why I pre-ordered the game and didn't get my code. It's bullshit, believe me.

But game is so fire right now. Haven't really did anything than play Lili and enjoy the $60 of underboob courtesy of Oh! Great.

Lyte Edge

Oh crap, I just realized I didn't get the Cardboard Tube Samurai codes. :/

How are they included with the game? On a slip card?

EDIT: Never mind, they're inside the calendar. Got one for each system.

DRE Fei

Just picked it up today for 360.

Bruce is so fucking sweet in this game. The game ran decent for me so far today. There's a little lag, but not unplayable like others have said. I'm guessing it's a mixed bag for people.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
got my copy..played arcade for a bit..went to training mode..played my first match (all green)..first roud was normal..second round spiked up and down..third round was unplayable..on a good note i did pick up a round TE stick while i was getting the game..

LowParry

Lyte Edge said:
Oh crap, I just realized I didn't get the Cardboard Tube Samurai codes. :/

How are they included with the game? On a slip card?

EDIT: Never mind, they're inside the calendar. Got one for each system.

It's a slip card like the NG2 pre-order. I forgot mine as well but I'm so sick as fuck right now :(

Dai Kaiju

Just got for 360. Online ranges from decent to unplayable. Kind of disappointed, but not enough to regret my purchase. I just hope they patch it.

Lyte Edge said:
PS3 version definitely has better image quality. Looks better.

First match I played online was absolutely perfect. The guy has to be the in same area as me.

He destroyed me, too. :lol I mean, I'm a total noob, but this was like abuse...he was using Julia and just juggled me across the screen. There was nothing I was able to do to get out of it!

blur on or off lyte?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Just got back with the 360 version. Impressions of the game made me salivate, and we'll see about the online play.

Anyway, fuck yes. Tekken.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Kabuki Waq said:
blur on or off lyte?
According to Eurogamers DF, PS3's version with blur off is weirdly more detailed then the 360's version with blur off/720p,
something to do with detail enhancment processing in the PS3 version,

haunts

Bacon of Hope
IMO how bad the online play has really been exaggerated. I've been playing online more and its not as bad as people are making it out to be. Some matches are pretty laggy but that has been the minority so far.

~Kinggi~

Banned
TGO said:
According to Eurogamers DF, PS3's Blur On is weirdly more detailed then the 360s with blur off/higher res,
and where does it say that? I saw the 28 second video they have on the site but thats not comparing consoles.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
~Kinggi~ said:
and where does it say that? I saw the 28 second video they have on the site but thats not comparing consoles.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tekken6-resolution-game-blog-post

Our analysis was exclusive to the Xbox 360 version of the game, and we promised an update on the PS3 rendition, so let's get going. To put it simply, there's good news and bad news here. Let's get the bad tidings out of the way first: while there is the option to switch between 1024x576 and 1365x768 modes on Xbox 360 (via tweaking the motion blur setting between on and off), the PS3 version is locked exclusively to the lower resolution. The good news is that even so, the PS3 version still manages to command a slightly higher image quality overall if you can do without the motion blur.

PS3 version has 2xMSAA, 360 version has none
weird, no?

obaidr said:
it sounds very faboyish but tekken belongs to playstation, only playstation :D

it IS a Sony franchise. According to the guy who sold the game to me told me that more PS3 copies were sold and he thought it's because Tekken has been a Sony franchise.

edit: anyone wants to play with me right now? I'll probably be playing until the Lakers game... around 7:30 or so? Also ask if you want an invite to the T6 chat. PSN: Prototype-03

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Wow.

Just wow.

The final boss make Seth look like the fairest fight ever. I mean, SNK's KOF bosses are less broken than this giant fuckwad. So awesome. I love him!

Amazing game.

I've been playing the PS3 version of game since I got off work.

Few gripes:
1. I was expecting the textures and model it to look better for some reason. DOA4 looks better in my opinion. Never played Tekken 6 until today.

2. Online is a laggy POS. Network is worse than SF4.l

Other than that it's pure Tekken fun as you would expect. Music is pretty good as well. :D

Hey Guys. I just picked up Tekken after some wavering. I hope I don't completely suck. I only played a bit of Tekken 5 Dark Res on the ps3.

Anyone got any tips?

Also, anyone got any free ps3 pre-order codes since I missed the deadline? Thanks.

LowParry

Ya know, the crazy thing is, when I look for lobbies to join, I get a good 10 or so green bar lobbies. Seriously, if Namco can tweak its online, I expect a whole lot of Tekken online. Game's just so damn good. Blur off people! PS3! Looks miles better! And it looks a billion times better than DOA4! Seriously! :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
just read some new impressions on srk and apparently when online works its awesome and of course when it sucks it really sucks

sounds like its patchable so whew

LowParry

Nelo Ice said:
just read some new impressions on srk and apparently when online works its awesome and of course when it sucks it really sucks

sounds like its patchable so whew

Hells yeah it's patchable. I hope soon. I'll get some great games every so often.

Top Bottom