• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with

LowParry

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
I guess I should come back in three days when people stop bitching about the graphics, yeah?

You had a million fucking videos to see how bad the graphics look.

I'm thinking the same thing. At least a day. I'm so sick. Meh.

Digital-Hero said:
Video Review at Gametrailers:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-tekken-6/58200?fbid=d1VY_iX0vU2

QUOTES ON GRAPHICS:

"The underlying game is two years old and it shows"

"It has to be said, scenario campaign looks extremely dated and downright ugly"

the graphics, for me, is a technical issue. it has nothing to do with the game being 2 years old (as if to say more "advanced" fighting games have been released).

my virtua fighter 5 on 360 is crisp as fuck and looks gorgeous. that game is at least 2 years old. same with soul calibur 4: brilliant, clean graphics.

tekken 6 is bad, man. dark resurrection hd is far cleaner/higher res.

disclosure: i'm on an hdtv. maybe sd people cant see it.

Kolgar

I skipped Tekken 5 DR, so it was about time I got a new Tekken for this gen of consoles.

It's Tekken, all right. Still fun to play. Somehow, I connect better with these characters and moves than other fighting games.

Graphics are a bit underwhelming, but again, the best-looking Tekken I'd played up to now was Tekken 5 on PS2. I think about every other fighting game I've played this gen has T6 beat in the visuals department, but it's good enough and occasionally, quite nice.

Load times suck (installed on PS3).

Recycled animations and voice clips feel stale.

Scenario Campaign feels like a PSone game. And why am I hitting START four times to get through cutscenes just so I can play the next segment?

Namco's got some splainin' to do after the three-year wait.

Overall, I'm glad I got it (it's Tekken!), but I'm also glad I didn't pay 60 bucks.

outsidah

Ok just booted up the game and have some initial impressions.

- I don't want to say the same thing you are all tired of hearing but the graphics do really give you an initial bad impression. Looks so dated! They arent TERRIBLE but don't look up to par with the stuff we have been receiving. Nothing deal breaking to me though.

- Announcer sounds too low to me, needs to be pumped up. Can't remember any music tracks yet that sounded memorable.

- Multi stages are meh.

- Gameplay is classic Tekken fun. I am by no means a Tekken player, I play these very casually. I enjoyed reliving old PS/PS2 memories.

Overall I'm having fun with it and am looking forward to getting some time with it to get the full experience. The gameplay is where its at, but I am honestly very surprised at how poor it looks.

outsidah

xSL4INx said:
This thread is starting to turn out to be like the KoF XII thread.

Stop bitching and play the game.

KoF XII is an unplayable turd other than a local game. Not even fair to compare the justified complaints on that BETA of a game to this.

MMaRsu

Hmmmmmm next week ^_^. I need some more tekken players on my list once I get this game, who is down for some games? You'll probably rape me as I haven't seriously played Tekken since Tekken 2/3 but whatever..

lol @ people complaining about graphics.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
The game looks amazing (360) and feels like Tekken. So I really don't know where the hate is coming from besides the online which isn't the best but works.

And wtf happen to Law's mustache?

outsidah

I'm honestly not trying to pick on anyone, but how do some of you guys say this game looks amazing? It doesnt animate badly, but the graphics themselves are nowhere near what current gen stuff looks like.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay so where do you actually unlock openings/endings. I don't see a story mode anywhere... god i hope it's not that scenario thing...

I'm pretty confident now the general consensus is the game looks like shit. I'm still looking forward to playing it though since tekken is my favourite fighting game.
Kusagari said:
The load times are pretty awful on PS3. I don't know what it's loading that they take so long.
Is there no optional install?

outsidah

RiotOfTheBlood said:
I'm pretty confident now the general consensus is the game looks like shit. I'm still looking forward to playing it though since tekken is my favourite fighting game.

I would recommend the game based on my time with it so far. Huge cast and it feels real good so far. The graphics are a downer but by no means do they ruin the gameplay and fun to be had.

Dont know about install on PS3.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
RiotOfTheBlood said:

Yes there is an install option. I did that right away. The game looks gorgeous. The motion blur on and off is like night and day. Keep that shit on. What i found weird is that you have to enable surround sound in the options for it to actually work.

Just played for 3 hours straight with a buddy of mine and we were having a blast. I love Tekken. :D

karasu said:
The game is awesome. It looks much better than VF5. Bitches leave.
the animation and motion blur are gorgeous, but it's resolution hurts it a lot

-----

I'm really enjoying myself with this game. Not much a of Tekken guy before.

TONX said:
Yes there is an install option. I did that right away. The game looks gorgeous. The motion blur on and off is like night and day. Keep that shit on. What i found weird is that you have to enable surround sound in the options for it to actually work.
Awesome to hear about the optional install, is it 5gigs like all the previous games? I admit i havent seen the game much in high definition, it's hard to find decent videos of gameplay on the internet that resembles the actual output from it running natively on the PS3.

You have to enable surround sound to put motion blur on? what the hell?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
RiotOfTheBlood said:
You have to enable surround sound to put motion blur on? what the hell?
What? No. If you have a 5.1 system it wont work unless you enable surround sound in the options menu. It's stereo by default.

TONX said:
What? No. If you have a 5.1 system it wont work unless you enable surround sound in the options menu. It's stereo by default.
Pheww,

I think it's time i get some sleep, practically am brain-dead.haha
Shurs said:
ajpbmc.jpg

MrMephistoX

MrMephistoX said:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=213492&page=3

For people interested in the wireless stick this is a pretty good thread.

stick up after work.

t3.jpg

Okay my impressions. Now I'm decent at fighters but nowhere near tournament level so my opinion is definitely casual. That said I love this stick! I have a TE SFIV stick and that is godly but I really dig the smaller footprint on the stick and wireless is great.

The stick itself is probably on par with the Hori EX2 but the buttons are worlds better. Apparently according to the thread above modding isn't too much of an issue if you can solder.

All in all I'd rank this as the best non-TE or HRAP stick currently on the market and what it lacks in quality it makes up for in wireless capabilities. Great stick if you're not hardcore. OH and it runs perfectly with GGPO if you're into emulators...which is another point + in my book.

TEJ

Since Tekken 5 PSP was my last tekken, the game looks really pretty to me. The game doesn't look bad at all, I just can't expect doa4/soul calibur 4 visuals for every fighting game

Anyanka

Tain said:
Can you unlock them for local? I thought the sheep stage is already an option locally, but I don't see the tomato one.

They're already unlocked in all modes, they're always random select only.

Are you looking at the profile stage select for your main menu? There you can select sheep but not tomato for some reason.

Eiji

My favourite scene in Scenario Campaign was when Lars confronted Heihachi. He is such a pimp, catching a bullet with his teeth and pimping in Scandinavia!

Sullichin

The game looks fine, the problems lie in the scenario campaign (if they were going to keep the same controls why not have a side scrolling perspective? this shit is garbage) and the final boss, which is just ridiculous. But the fighting is great.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Sullichin said:
The game looks fine, the problems lie in the scenario campaign (if they were going to keep the same controls why not have a side scrolling perspective? this shit is garbage) and the final boss, which is just ridiculous. But the fighting is great.

Seriously. I still can't finish arcade mode and I didn't find Seth or Alpha-152, to be that hard. And I never had any problems with Jinpachi. But Azazel is just a freaking joke. It's like Namco wanted to out-SNK, SNK.

SNK Boss Syndrome is over. Welcome Azazel Boss Syndrome.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Huh, really? I just played the arena for the first time, and cleared it on my first play-through with ease. Got a perfect on Azrael.

Ferrio

Banned
Okay so far, single player wise this is the worst Tekken to date. There's fucking church's chicken ads plastered in the game....

SoulFist

Ferrio said:
Okay so far, single player wise this is the worst Tekken to date. There's fucking church's chicken ads plastered in the game....

That is awesome. They shoulda included a free chicken wing with purchase.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Ferrio said:
Really? I thought that was just the instruction manual... :lol

Lyte Edge said:
Huh, really? I just played the arena for the first time, and cleared it on my first play-through with ease. Got a perfect on Azrael.
How did you do it?

MrDenny

This game is beautiful, not sure whats with the complaints.
Only gripe is the resolution. Kinda makes the character look a bit too large.
Does anyone know if there are stages to unlock in versus mode or are they only available on random select?

Ferrio

Banned
Teknoman said:
No way, seriously? :lol

Yep. One was "Church's chicken new location" or something on an abandoned building. Thought I was seeing things. Then I come across another building with two more ads, with actual pictures of chicken.....

god damn namco..

Top Bottom