• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Arcade Mode is cheap as fuck....does the difficulty even matter? wtf at that last boss wtf namco...This game just dropped a few notches...after the 3rd battle in arcade mode you will lose atleast one match per round and then after Jin is done buttfucking you with his unlimited rage, the final boss goes all SNK on your ass...

seriously I'm close to just saying fuck this game.

karasu

How do you unlock items?? Plus, it takes forever to earn money.

Ferrio said:
Okay so far, single player wise this is the worst Tekken to date. There's fucking church's chicken ads plastered in the game....

How does that affect the gameplay?

Ferrio

Banned
karasu said:
How does that affect the gameplay?

In conjunction with the horrible beat-em up you have to play to unlock story mode it causes me to turn off the system which affects gameplay greatly.

Ive never been very good at fighting games but the Tekken series has always been been my favorite so Ill rent it for sure.
Some reason Fighters, Racers and Sports games have never clicked with me after the first week of owning them.

Tekken 2/3 bring back great memories of Motel Parties in high school. Someone would always be packing a PS in a bookbag and it would get hooked up to the cheap Motel TV and we would battle all night.

Tekken Tag on the other hand brings back memories of driving to the richer communities bowling alley and throwing quarters up on the screen all night long.

hamchan

Knux-Future said:
Arcade Mode is cheap as fuck....does the difficulty even matter? wtf at that last boss wtf namco...This game just dropped a few notches...after the 3rd battle in arcade mode you will lose atleast one match per round and then after Jin is done buttfucking you with his unlimited rage, the final boss goes all SNK on your ass...

? I've had no trouble smashing the computer in the arcade version. In Tekken, even on ultra hard difficulty the AI has always been quite easy. I dunno what advice to give other than practice more.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What the consensus on this monster. I have owned the last few tekkens but not because I love tekken but i do love fighting games. Tekken has always been at the bottom of the barrel for me and I have not kept up with this game at all. Does the series make a big leap with this iteration or should I wait for the price to drop?

Also note I did not know tekken 5 DR. I have owned Tekken 5 and downwards though.

How is online?

Also :lol :lol at the churches chicken in game ads. I have never even seen a churches chicken in my life.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
MThanded said:
What the consensus on this monster. I have owned the last few tekkens but not because I love tekken but i do love fighting games. Tekken has always been at the bottom of the barrel for me and I have not kept up with this game at all. Does the series make a big leap with this iteration or should I wait for the price to drop?

Also note I did not know tekken 5 DR. I have owned Tekken 5 and downwards though.

How is online?

Also :lol :lol at the churches chicken in game ads. I have never even seen a churches chicken in my life.

Consensus is:

Kickass gameplay

Poorass online

Anyway, if you didn't dig Tekken as much as the other fighting series, from the get go, then there's no reason to get this at full price. Well except Zafina. So awesome.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
TheCardPlayer said:
Consensus is:

Kickass gameplay

Poorass online

Anyway, if you didn't dig Tekken as much as the other fighting series, from the get go, then there's no reason to get this at full price. Well except Zafina. So awesome.

Thanks, I will wait till online is fixed at least.

hamchan said:
? I've had no trouble smashing the computer in the arcade version. In Tekken, even on ultra hard difficulty the AI has always been quite easy. I dunno what advice to give other than practice more.

yeah I figured as much...so My post was pretty much a rage post but still Jin and Buttfucker are pretty cheap.

I'll give it some time but unlike SFIV, BlazBlue, and DOA getting your ass kicked isn;t much fun here.

hamchan

MThanded said:

How is online?

If it's always been bottom of the barrel for you I say wait for a pricedrop. This game has quite a number of problems that it's hard to justify a purchase unless you're a tekken fan.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Saterium said:
So is there any hope of Namco patching the online? T5DR and SC4 are still pretty broken. =/

They fucking better, if they want me to pay for their ad don costumes and stages which they will surely bring out they fucking better fix the online.

I finished the super crappy SC mode but
I am still missing characters? Please don't tell me that I have to finish that horror train scenario

Oh and Namco, if you are going to force people to play your shitty half assed modes for the love of god PLEASE put more save points in there! The last quarter of this mode could have used it...

Edit:
Oh and did anyone notice that someone's car was made from a Ridge Racer manufacturer!

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Mattlikewhoa said:
I am still missing characters? Please don't tell me that I have to finish that horror train scenario

Oh and Namco, if you are going to force people to play your shitty half assed modes for the love of god PLEASE put more save points in there! The last quarter of this mode could have used it...

agreed, especially since that fucking mode is the best way to get fucking money for the infinite amount of shit you have to buy.

jmro said:
Looks like ass. Seriously.

This. It looks better without the blur but it doesn't help much. It's simply the worst looking 3D fighting game on HD consoles. Including Tekken 5 DRO (which looks cleaner than Tekken 6).

I could live with that though but there's no excuse for the netcode.

Lyte Edge said:
What kind of connection do you have?

DSL 16.000

Tain

I wanna spend all my free time playing this online.

I also want to get a good grade in a course where I gotta write a compiler.

:|

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
So the online is laggy, and the graphics aren't a huge jump? Are those the only negatives, or are they not real problems?

Is the single shallow? Tekken always had things to keep you busy in single player.

methos75

Banned
MThanded said:

How is online?

Your not missing much, we have them everywhere in Louisiana and they blow, they are like the ghetto chicken joint people too poor for Popeyes go too.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just had my first rage quitter! :D

I'm LOVING Alisa because she keeps pissing off scrubs with her "cheap moves." :lol This was a GREAT match; I hit all the trademark lol-tastic moves, and the guy quit at the very end. Very satisfying.

The messages that followed said:

Me: lol u mad

Him: she is so fucking cheap

Me: gotta learn how to play instead of rage quitting like a scrub.

Him: listen i know how to play motherfucker i didn't rage quit since i waited until after the match bitch i never faced her before so i didn't know what to expect but hey your the f*g trying to spam the rockets

Me: ha ha u mad scrub.

Without reading the whole thread (forgive me), I would like to know, if PAL (PS3) gamers are screwed over in any way again. GermanGAF, over and out.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You could say I'm literally hyped to fucking death, 2 more days and I'll be fucking up that tourny. I'm not scared anymore, who would after 12 hours sessions every day with pros?

WE WILL WE
WILL ROCK YOU

Mattlikewhoa said:

I really don't consider these spoilers, but whatever:
To unlock Yoshimitsu's stage, beat Steve's on Hard.
To unlock Mokujin's stage, beat Leo's on Hard.
To unlock Roger Jr.'s stage, play Christie's and take the right fork. Beat up the dancers that come out and you should encounter a kangaroo before you fight Christie.
Lastly, yes, you have to beat Nightmare Train for Devil Jin. My advice: once you get to DJ, do your very best to knock him off the train. Save the gatling for it.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Lyte Edge said:

I'm LOVING Alisa because she keeps pissing off scrubs with her "cheap moves." :lol This was a GREAT match; I hit all the trademark lol-tastic moves, and the guy quit at the very end. Very satisfying.

Him: listen i know how to play motherfucker i didn't rage quit since i waited until after the match bitch i never faced her before so i didn't know what to expect but hey your the f*g trying to spam the rockets

Hahgahahh I was doing the same thing with fucking Christe hehehe, but when people started to wise up BAM I actually know how to use the char and fucked them up harder.

BTW has Namco given any notice or at least acknowledged the shitty online?

loving the local play, me and my friends had some great matches today. online was horrible, i tried to keep the faith but the few games i played were pretty much unplayable.......the scenario campaign is fucking ass, horrible checkpoints and the fact that you have to play certain areas multiple times is pretty lame.

other news: so far my 4 mains are: Asuka, Alisa, Dragunov and Lili. Loving all of those characters :D

hopefully the online gets patched because this games local play is amazing, looking forward to spending some time practicing with all my characters though and keeping my fingers crossed that the online gets patched ASAP.

Lyte Edge

Yeah, I seem to be heading the all-female character route once again. I think Alisa's gonna be my main, but I also like Lili, and then there's Ling and Asuka. But I do want to take up Bob!

I put in a number of hours playing this game on both platforms today. I'd say 90% of the matches I had were playable to great. Most of the laggy matches were in ranked; in player matches, it was easy to find full green bar rooms, and playing with those guys resulted in a lot of great matches. The early reports on the lag were greatly over-exaggerated, although since it seems like a lot of people getting it were in CA and NY, it makes sense that there was lag playing between coasts, plus who knows if something really did change yesterday.

Anyway, the game's a blast. I'm glad that there's plenty of good connections out there to playa against. This is, thankfully, no KOF XII.

Finished out the night with this victory:
4051780373_7133842106.jpg

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ok, so I haven't bought a fighting game since Soul Cali 4. I would like to find a new one, if I'm not that familiar with the Tekken series can I still enjoy it at this point? I do enjoy fighting game but when it comes to the really complex stuff I'm basically tarded. For the record, the last tekken I play when when PS2 came out. Followup Question: can you still play as a bear? If so, I will buy this game.

Yes Boss!

I decided to pick Lili since she was neat/pretty in DR. Any other ladies that are must-plays? Also, the graphics seem a bit of a step down from DR. Is that just my TV?

Anyanka

Lyte Edge, why don't you upload some great, lag free matches? I really don't want to come off like an elitist but maybe you're not picking up on how bad it is because you're not an experienced player?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Well after kinda trying most of the chars I am def going with Dragunov as my main char. Heheh Looked at his buyable clothes and I can basically almost make him look like Alexander Gaidar from Histories Strongest Diciple Kenichi! :D
My other mains are also going to be Jackie Chan *yep that is his official name from me!* Bruce and Lili. Will aslo get all the money to get most of the girl players all of the clothes hahahahahahahahhahahaha :lol

Lyte Edge

Anyanka said:
Lyte Edge, why don't you upload some great, lag free matches? I really don't want to come off like an elitist but maybe you're not picking up on how bad it is because you're not an experienced player?

I would if I were able. I'm a total Tekken noob, but I've certainly played more than my fair share of fighting games and can tell when there's bad input lag. There were a lot connections with full bars lit up. Almost all of them yielded great connections. I'll say it again-- YMMV. There are people here saying Soul Calibur IV is unplayable online. I don't agree with that at all, either. See the SNK fighters for what bad online is like. Tekken 6 is stellar in comparison. It may not be SF4 when it comes to online, but after all I played today, I found it to be very solid, satisfying experience. None of the clearly good players I got thrashed by had any problems hitting all their combos, either. I suspect I might have a different opinion if I was playing only ranked matches and/or hadn't gotten my internet upgraded recently.

Have you tried it for yourself yet?

Sai

Tried playing online once yesterday. Lost 7 times straight to a pretty good Asuka player... And yeah, it was laggy(even though we were at full bars, iirc). But the guy seemed competent enough(as in, it seemed like he knew his way around with Asuka, and was able to compensate for the lag well enough) that I can't really blame any of my losses on just the lag, y'know? Can't say I've been really good with Tekken since the days of T3. Going to try a few more matches later today, but my first impression of T6's netcode isn't too good. :/

And I wish Namco would just give up on Tekken Force. I want to customize my characters, but I don't want to go through all of this nonsense just to do it.

Yes Boss! said:
Also, the graphics seem a bit of a step down from DR. Is that just my TV?
Lower resolution, lack of AA. Try turning off the motion blur to see if you like it better. Still think it looks overall better than any other 3D fighter though, with or without it.

Anyanka

Yes, ranked and player. With player I've never bothered with anyone under green bars. I haven't had a single fun match. It is ridiculously hard to block even dumb moves like Kazuya's u/f+4 string and Lili's d/f+4,4. I've never had a connection where I could consistently do regular juggles.

karasu

I'm not suffering any gamebreaking lag either. And the idea that DR looks better is just dumb. Just Kill that noise.

Caj814

Lyte Edge said:
Soul Calibur IV looks better, IMO.

Well it was built from the ground up to be a multiplatform console game plus the SC series art direction has always been a lot more detailed than the Tekken series.

mattfabb

Banned
Lyte Edge said:

So you actually messaged the guy after you beat him and he had actually waited until the match was over to leave? you got your win but you still wanted to lol at him? TBH i dont see why you should do that. If its a BG, give him a BG for a reason, not because he LOST....

Knux-Future said:

I totally agree. I felt the same way for Tekken 5, but DR on PSP and PS3 fixed that.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Well, I am noticing a trend in the online experience listings:

The more experience the person has with online play and Tekken in general, the worse they're calling the online.

Most of the kaillera and heavy VF5 players I knew say this is worse then KOFXII. (GentlemanThief if you remember him really has nothing nice to say about it)

I remember thinking KOFXII was playable under perfect situations, until I went to a tourney and the game moved 40-50% faster off my BEST connection. Since I played this offline once- I doubt I'll have that illusion even.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
hope mine gets delivered today, said it would. interested in the online aspects, please be good.

Lyonaz

Played 20 matches against my brother yesterday, holy crap I suck. :lol Usually I kick his ass easily, but now he won with 13-7, damn his LEO. I need to learn to block and reverse his throws.

Played online a bit more, not the same experience as local at all, it's more guessing what move to spam and hope it lands due to lag, but when lag is decent it's fun.

Now I need to make lots of money in Campaign for character customization.

Top Bottom