• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well got mine

any euro gamers wanna play tonight send a 360 FR request to GafEuroBrawlers

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Slackbladder said:
Azazel is the Boss in Tekken 6? Is this the first Jewish supernatural/biblical character to make an appearance in a videogame?

The last few SMT games have had Abadon and Lilith as demons to summon. I know they're both from Old Testament myth and lore.

DRE Fei

The achievements/money in this game heavily encourage grinding shit out in that horrible scenario campaign mode. Sure, items DO drop like a motherfucker, but the controls are just dumb. I can't understand why they insist on including a mode that is so inconsistent with the rest of the game.

The traditional 1 on 1 fighting is awesome. It's so unfortunate that they didn't do everything possible to encourage people to play that way instead. WTF Namco?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DRE Fei said:
The achievements/money in this game heavily encourage grinding shit out in that horrible scenario campaign mode. Sure, items DO drop like a motherfucker, but the controls are just dumb. I can't understand why they insist on including a mode that is so inconsistent with the rest of the game.

The traditional 1 on 1 fighting is awesome. It's so unfortunate that they didn't do everything possible to encourage people to play that way instead. WTF Namco?

Fighting game makers don't think casuals like losing at fighting games, so they throw this in for the people who suck at fighting games.

My issue with it is not that they do, but that they encourage people to play those modes with drops/unlocks that can't be earned by actually playing the game. It's like the Valve hats thing to me.

Chairhome

Finally got to play last night. The lag was pretty horrible online. I only played one Ranked Match, had green bars, but there was probably a half second lag or worse the whole time. I blame my loss on that, haha.

The game is cool though. The textures aren't as great as I had hoped, but the gameplay is still Tekken. Can't wait to get play more. I had thought that SC mode was co-op... guess not, right? Unless I'm missing something. My brother and I beat Arcade mode once (that bonus stage and Azazel are pretty tough!), then went into the shop to buy something... :lol :lol :lol I meant tried to buy stuff. Holy crap the stuff is expensive. I'm going to play SC mode to grind for ca$h.

DRE Fei

arstal said:
Fighting game makers don't think casuals like losing at fighting games, so they throw this in for the people who suck at fighting games.

My issue with it is not that they do, but that they encourage people to play those modes with drops/unlocks that can't be earned by actually playing the game. It's like the Valve hats thing to me.
Yeah, I've been playing since tekken 1 and they've always done this, but this time around it really irritates me that time and money were spent on this river city ransom nonsense when the online interface and netcode are lacking so much. At least VF5 got the single player right with quest mode.

Pachimari

I don't know if this deserves its own thread?

Namco: "Lot of ideas" for Tekken 7

Tekken series director Katsuhiro Harada has "a lot of ideas" for Tekken 7, he's revealed in a CVG reader Q&A.

Answering a question from CVG reader 'Kain Carver', Harada said of his Tekken 7 plans: "Oh, there are a lot of ideas... I can't say too much yet, though.

"For example, we've got a new idea for a facial-expression system for when people get punched and so forth. It'd be a real thrill to see in action, so I definitely want to do that."

Elsewhere in the interview the Tekken director says that despite doom-sayers the fighting genre is "doing pretty well for itself" and he'd love to work on a cross-series fighting game.

Look out for the full CVG Reader Q&A later today.

Source: Computerandvideogames.com

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Facial Expressions...? Yeah..Great.

Anso

Seiken said:
After the extremely terrible OST in SFIV, I am so glad Namco's still king in the music department. God T6 is fucking amazing.

YES! And the soundtrack's been announced too, handled by SuperSweep. I'm a bit surprised to see all the Basiscape dudes (Hitoshi Sakimoto's company) on the OST and the lack of Yu Miyake is unfortunate. Other than that though, SOLID!

ape2man

Sure ... but who has a gamer tag 'GafEuroBrawlers' :S. Anyway i'm gonna beat your ass. world ranking 80. 360 right?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DRE Fei said:
Yeah, I've been playing since tekken 1 and they've always done this, but this time around it really irritates me that time and money were spent on this river city ransom nonsense when the online interface and netcode are lacking so much. At least VF5 got the single player right with quest mode.

Not really, but they were close.

All VF5 needed was the ability to earn SP content in MP matches, like how you could in the arcade.

Anso

vocelcius said:
When he says "cross-series", is there hope for a Tekken vs Soul Calibur?

If it's using the Tekken-system I'd play the hell out of that. No, really. I'd abandon all other games.

Anso

_dementia said:
weren't there were whispers about Tekken vs VF a few years ago?

Man, there's so much untapped potential the 3D fighter vs. series market. Spider-Man vs. Ryu? AKIRA vs. HEIHACHI

Yoshichan

Anso said:
Man, there's so much untapped potential the 3D fighter vs. series market. Spider-Man vs. Ryu? AKIRA vs. HEIHACHI
Hei would have no chance

Ferrio said:
Yep. One was "Church's chicken new location" or something on an abandoned building. Thought I was seeing things. Then I come across another building with two more ads, with actual pictures of chicken.....

god damn namco..
At least you can break the Onitsuka Tiger sign.
TAKE THAT IN-GAME ADVERTISING

jmro

Is there any kind of Dojo mode, like from DR PSP? The single player modes seem pretty lacking.

I have to unlock story mode?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So many negative impressions are scaring me.

Are there any impressions of the stick? I can't go to Shoryuken.com since it's blocked here. I have a SFIV TE stick, and I'm just getting this one since it's wireless.

Anso

GuardianE said:
So many negative impressions are scaring me.

Are there any impressions of the stick? I can't go to Shoryuken.com since it's blocked here. I have a SFIV TE stick, and I'm just getting this one since it's wireless.

Stick with the SFIV TE. I'm pretty sure the SFIV SE (especially Sanwa modded) is better too. Tekken stick will work casually though, no doubt.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MMaRsu said:
You better start training boiiii :p
man I've already read the handbook. Soon as I get home i'm gonna start learnin moves!

you goin down.

Played some online last night, and as I'm not some super-frame-counting-fighting-game-pro, I found it to be acceptable.

That single player mode is absolutely horrible though. The story is completely retarded, EVEN for a japanese game.

fubarduck

RedNumberFive said:
Played some online last night, and as I'm not some super-frame-counting-fighting-game-pro, I found it to be acceptable.

The only explanation is that all things happen to you half a second later than everyone else.

That's why you get honked at so much on the road.

shuri

Banned
I'll be real honest. I always thought that the people are complained about lags were overdramatic drama queens. I never experienced lag except for some random matches in other fighting games on the 360.

Last night, i got home with the collector's edition, booted the game, went online.. and for about 30 minutes, I thought that there was something wrong with my connection. I went to the pc, did some speed benchmarks, it was all good.

I tried other fighting games, and it was perfectly smooth. Went back to Tekken6 and its unplayable.

I regret buying this game, as I have no interest in playing against the cpu. it's simply unplayable at this point; I had one normal fight over maybe 10.

Don't buy this game.

I was playing around with the visuals.

At 768p or whatever, it's like a breath of fresh air. My god. It's sooo hard to go back to the grainy, low res default setting... except that motion blur looks damn good, and without it the visuals lose that Tekken charm.

You have a choice. Grainy, low res with awesome motion blur. Normal res with no blur.

Meh x 1000.

Online play makes timing combos an exercise in futility. Even the basic, braindead easy strings are difficult to do online in the best connections! I am so fucking pissed.

Teknoman

woodypop

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but today's local Fry's ad (2-day Halloween sale) has the fight stick bundle for $100, 360 or PS3.

Played more PSN online. I haven't had a good game yet. All my games are terribly sluggish. It's hard to block lows and react to quick moves. It is really frustrating. patch it namco!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was worried it was just me who was shocked by the visuals. The gameplay is super solid, the netplay is...well, you all know about the netplay. Your mileage may vary. I'm still stunned at the grainy graphics, though. I'll play with the visual settings tonight in hopes I can find a happy medium.

Some items are exclusively earned through campaign mode?

The online games I played last night were generally better than the previous two days but the quality was still all over the place. Green games are usually good but they don't always stay green and will dip into yellow. Yellow games I just found completely random. Sometimes they were almost on par with green and other times they were just a laggy mess where one cannot even follow a launcher with a jab.

Edit: PS3 btw

Darkman M

Haven't even played Online yet but im definitely not feeling this game on any type of level, ive only played a small bit of Arcade mode and it was pretty underwhelming doesn't even look like they tried with the last boss. Oh well guess ill try again later. I use to love Tekken back in the day but i can't see myself getting to into this as is.

Sunflower said:
I was worried it was just me who was shocked by the visuals. The gameplay is super solid, the netplay is...well, you all know about the netplay. Your mileage may vary. I'm still stunned at the grainy graphics, though. I'll play with the visual settings tonight in hopes I can find a happy medium.

Some items are exclusively earned through campaign mode?

There isn't really a happy medium. When you turn blur off, the game renders at 768p... it looks WAYYY WAYYY better but it is still no Virtua Fighter 5 or Soul Calibur 4, not even close...

The motion blur looks very cool, but my god man I cannot swallow how low res the whole game becomes. You know I bet you this would look bomb as hell on an SDTV actually... but I don't have one lol. I have an old HDCRT, I think the game would look great on this, but I gave it to my pap a while ago so that's a no go...

Bottom line I still love Tekken and this game has a ton of characters, fun stages and styles, and a lot to love for Tekken fans. But it just has so many shortcomings when compared to other fighters this gen, and frankly I miss Street Fighter already...

Looking back I would have never spent 60$. I don't recomend anyone buy this unless you are a serious Tekken fan. I recomend Soul Calibur to those who are not so hardcore, and like a lot of single player goodness. I recomend VF5 over this because the netcode is good enough to where you can actually learn to play against real people online.

I thought this would satisfy my 3d fighter itch but now I just want a console port of VF5R that much more :(

Arpharmd B said:
There isn't really a happy medium. When you turn blur off, the game renders at 768p... it looks WAYYY WAYYY better but it is still no Virtua Fighter 5 or Soul Calibur 4, not even close...

VF5 quality texture work would really do wonders for Tekken's graphics. The modeling is there but most of the textures are such crap.

Looking back I would have never spent 60$. I don't recomend anyone buy this unless you are a serious Tekken fan. I recomend Soul Calibur to those who are not so hardcore, and like a lot of single player goodness. I recomend VF5 over this because the netcode is good enough to where you can actually learn to play against real people online.

I can get with VF5 but even with a somewhat better netcode and graphics I could never recommend SC4 over Tekken 6(Unless of course you like SC's gameplay that much more). SC4 was such a shitty package.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
weren't there were whispers about Tekken vs VF a few years ago?

it's still rumored, and apparently it did almost happen once.

I'd only buy it if Sega did the netcode right now. Just say no to shitty netcode. It's why I got Blazblue today instead.

I know I shouldn't keep posting in a thread of a game I don't plan on getting any longer (unless it gets serious fixing), but I'm THAT disappointed.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
^ keep venting, I encourage it.

I'm going to make sure my friends at Namco Bandai Games know about all the disappointment/criticism from fans.

Top Bottom