• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
MarkMan said:
^ keep venting, I encourage it.

I'm going to make sure my friends at Namco Bandai Games know about all the disappointment/criticism from fans.

Good to hear Mark, thanks. There was a lot of people really excited for T6, then alluvasudden...it went completely downhill when the Story Campaign was awful and was the only REAL way to earn unlocks/money. Then the online was awful. T6 was going to be my resurgence to the Tekken series since TTT, but until online gets fixed...I'll be playing SF4 and MW2.

V_Arnold

Online experience against Catfish:

Constant slow-motion, input lag, and fun.
Which is really sad considering we had near-flawless matches in Street Fighter IV :(

Of all the crap people are complaining about, ALL OF IT, the one I would love to see fixed is the loading. Good god, it's installed to the system and it STILL takes forever to load a MENU. Namco used to be awesome at loading times on systems with otherwise horrible loading, particularly the psone and ps2, but this? This is awful. And I play Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 regularly! :lol

99nikniht

Anyone with the limited bundle having problems connecting their hori stick with their xbox? I can't for the life of me figure what's the problem since I have 2 of them that won't connect and I'm suspecting it's my console that won't pick up the signal. My stock controls works fine no problem. Anyone have any ideas?

2gv8z7p.jpg

Bought it today and love it so far. Had around 20 online matches with a friend without any problems. Worked out flawless. Awesome game :D !

MattyH

Been Playing it all day now
had a few good online matches and a few laggy matches
one critism about the collectors edition though is the manual doesnt fit in the game case

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
played it a bit just now.

I think I might hate it.

it's like playing in treacle online, I was in the practice mode beating the snot out of the training dummy with heihachi and got online and couldn't move at all it felt like.

I'm new at it (well I played a lot of tekken tag around 10 years ago) but yeah, not a lot of fun.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
V_Arnold said:
Online experience against Catfish:

Constant slow-motion, input lag, and fun.
Which is really sad considering we had near-flawless matches in Street Fighter IV :(

yeah and random disconnect which is what I've been getting with the online. It feels slow and it drops all the time.

I have a 60Mb fibre connection with 6Mb upload as well.

I think I'll sell it, going to give it a week, but fighting games for me have to be online. SFIV feels like greased lightning in comparison. Really disappointed I think.

EDIT: should have edited this into the other post.

Trudging through the god-awful scenario mode and played some slow-motion online. Not feeling most of the new characters (could Lars and Leo be any more boring?). I know people said Tekken 4 was lame but I got it admittedly for cheap after it came out but had a good time with it. Graphics for it were stunning at the time and I liked the new guys. Guess this is another next-gen Namco game that confirms they're just not on the bleeding edge like they used to be.

MMaRsu

catfish said:
yeah and random disconnect which is what I've been getting with the online. It feels slow and it drops all the time.

I have a 60Mb fibre connection with 6Mb upload as well.

I think I'll sell it, going to give it a week, but fighting games for me have to be online. SFIV feels like greased lightning in comparison. Really disappointed I think.

EDIT: should have edited this into the other post.

Hoowwww son wait up with selling it! Let me try a couple of games against you to see how the dutch connection can be????

Don't sell it :(.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MMaRsu said:
Hoowwww son wait up with selling it! Let me try a couple of games against you to see how the dutch connection can be????

Don't sell it :(.
Might be a bit hasty yeah, I'll crack at it tomorrow, but I played with V_arnold and me and him have almost zero lag matches in SFIV regularly.

It was pretty bad tbh. But yeah, I'm probably too lazy to get around to marktplaats anyway with it so I'll still have it :lol

it's just that I don't know anybody even remotely interested in xbox local anymore :(

Also, the graphics look crap :lol

I have 2 extra (may be able to get one more)
Tekken 6 DLC Code "Tekken 6 Elite Samurai Pack" for the XBox 360.

PM me for how to get it.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
catfish said:
Also, the graphics look crap :lol

Some of the effects look good, but god...When it zooms in on a character model post match, it looks dated and very similar to Tekken 5: DR. Especially in the faces, they look pretty bad.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
LeMaximilian said:
Some of the effects look good, but god...When it zooms in on a character model post match, it looks dated and very similar to Tekken 5: DR. Especially in the faces, they look pretty bad.

Paul looks REALLY terrible

Yes Boss!

Sai said:
Lower resolution, lack of AA. Try turning off the motion blur to see if you like it better. Still think it looks overall better than any other 3D fighter though, with or without it.

Thanks. Motion Blur seemed to be my problem. Game looks a bit better now. Still, surprised at the low-end graphics quality. Not that it ultimately matters but for some reason I was expecting to be blown away since the game took so long to finally arrive.

Filldough

This is so disappointing... I canceled my pre-order last night when I started reading some bad impressions. I'll pick up eventually cause I have loved the series (have owned every one of the games including 3 versions of 5 haha) but it sounds like there is very little progression. At the very least I expected the graphics to make a large leap from PS2 to PS3 but it really doesn't look much better than the hd version of 5 on PSN which is a bummer. Oh well, so many new games coming out anyways, I suppose its not a bad thing to eliminate one from the list of things to buy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I like Scenario Campaign, even if it is running very long in the tooth. It's like a bonus XBLA game stuck onto Tekken. The Camerawork, text pacing, and sensibilities of the mode are equal to some full games, so in perspective, I don't hate the campaign. Not to mention SC gives you items for the chara you play. I'd figure this is a nice way to cut down on all the item earning. Especially nice when you get an expensive as hell item for free.

But why doesn't it have Offline multiplayer in SC? I was looking forward to some Urban Reign-Light with my little brother, only to find out it's single player only. ARGH, what a waste.

Beyond that, Tekken looks like... Tekken. I've always personally seen it as a jokey cousin to the other serious fighters, and I'm glad to see it maintains that goofyness in it's pre-battle and win situations. And did I mention I love the music? Every track sounds like something out of an RPG, or some climatic battle in a story-driven game, rather than just passive fighting game stuff.

I like tha gameplay as much as I liked Tekken 5's, but I haven't really fought anyone really serious yet. Even for one like me, who hates the jugglefast of tekken, the damage of juggles seems reasonable, so it really doesn't bother me as much as it did in, say, TTT.

Gam Breaking Buggyness?: On multiple stages, when Raven has done is multi-shadow teleporting, I've seen the game slow down considerably. Has anyone else had this happen? It's happened in offline multiplayer... haven't faced an online Raven.

Online Play: Fighting against the same person, I've felt stupid shifts in lag. Most fighters (even KoF XII), if it's good once, it stays good. Here, it almost seems like a match per match basis.

Overall, I spent a lot more time with it yesterday than I intended (thanks to mix of online and SC), and that's a good sign that I was having fun ^_^ I'd love to see the Soul Calibur and Tekken teams get together, to iron out some of each sides imperfections, but all I know, is that after a long day of gaming, I look forward to jumping back in again.

Kuraudo

Banned
Was really looking forward to this, but my hype's slowly been dying since people began posting impressions pre-release right up to it coming out with broken online :( Think I'll keep my money for Dragon Age and grab this when it's cheap and, hopefully, patched.

Kuraudo said:
Was really looking forward to this, but my hype's slowly been dying since people began posting impressions pre-release right up to it coming out with broken online :(
Yeah, same here :( I really wanted to get it because I love fighters--and I don't usually let impressions get to me--but I have some hope because people in here are saying SCIV's online was horrible...which isn't true for me at all. I'm hoping it's just people being overly dramatic...but strangely, I still have doubts.

I guess I'm waiting for a price drop, since online is very important for this game [to me].

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
mattfabb said:
So you actually messaged the guy after you beat him and he had actually waited until the match was over to leave? you got your win but you still wanted to lol at him? TBH i dont see why you should do that. If its a BG, give him a BG for a reason, not because he LOST....

No, he left after the physical match had been played, but not before it was over, saving stats and whatnot. Had that been ranked, it would have been a disconnect. It was a rage quit. The guy was pissed. That was also not the first match I'd had with him. :lol

arstal said:
Well, I am noticing a trend in the online experience listings:

The more experience the person has with online play and Tekken in general, the worse they're calling the online.

Most of the kaillera and heavy VF5 players I knew say this is worse then KOFXII. (GentlemanThief if you remember him really has nothing nice to say about it)

I remember thinking KOFXII was playable under perfect situations, until I went to a tourney and the game moved 40-50% faster off my BEST connection. Since I played this offline once- I doubt I'll have that illusion even.

Ludicrous. It is in no way worse than KOF XII, even with the worst lag going on. KOF XII was the absolute bottom of the barrel. Even Tekken 5 DRO was better than XII online.

Tekken 6 doesn't have those speed issues like XII has, BTW. I finally sold off the 360 version yesterday, but did hang onto the PS3 version. For some reason.

The hardcore people who play the game heavily offline are definitely going to have trouble adjusting to online, because even the tiniest bit of lag is going to throw their game off, sure.

fubarduck

Wow, so the game doesn't render at 768P with Motion Blur on? No wonder it looked so shitty compared to the arcade version! Why on earth is this option on by default?

Anyanka

What Lili juggles are you consistently hitting online? This is so awful just doing like u/f+3, 1,2, 1,2, f+1+2 B! d/f+3+4, 3+4 is a struggle. Jabbing after a d/f+2 is inconsistent.

Earlier with green bars I couldn't punish Mishima 1,1,2 with a jab.

This is KOF bad.

Ok please please please tell me that the loading will be quicker when once I install. The loading is ridiculous otherwise. Also, character models are the same as Tekken 5, and even the quotes are the same (lili :( ). Other than that, Lili certainly shaves in her nether regions thanks to her third costume.

Lyte Edge

Just froze up after a match.

Anyanka said:
What Lili juggles are you consistently hitting online? This is so awful just doing like u/f+3, 1,2, 1,2, f+1+2 B! d/f+3+4, 3+4 is a struggle. Jabbing after a d/f+2 is inconsistent.

Earlier with green bars I couldn't punish Mishima 1,1,2 with a jab.

This is KOF bad.

I'm learning Alisa right now. Didn't you say before that you were having trouble blocking the "Tekken hurricane kick?" I'm not. Same with jabbing after the 1, 1, 2 you just mentioned.

It's not KOF bad...you just said doing the juggle above was a struggle...in KOF XII, any type of complex combo is IMPOSSIBLE. :lol

The people I'm playing against don't seem to be having any problems doing their thing. I'm in a full room right now and nobody is having a problem. There's plenty of mic chatter and none of it is about lag.

I'm not saying this is perfect by any means, just that comparisons to KOF XII are overblown. I'd still say this game has major online problems; it obviously does when so many people are having issues. It's just that it's not like that for everyone. But when other fighting games have much better rates of success for the majority of players, well...

How was Soul Calibur IV for you?

Dabookerman said:
Ok please please please tell me that the loading will be quicker when once I install. The loading is ridiculous otherwise. Also, character models are the same as Tekken 5, and even the quotes are the same (lili :( ). Other than that, Lili certainly shaves in her nether regions thanks to her third costume.

Yes. Why are you even playing the game without it being installed?!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ok after early impressions I played a bit more.

It's fucking garbage. The online is BROKEN. just completely broken, like push a button and 2 seconds of lag, regularly. Or you get a better game and it disconnects.

Really really horribly unplayably bad and I've got a quick connection as well.
No way am I putting hours into this to learn characters, online just doesn't work so far at all.

SFIV takes a big shit right on tekkens head with regards to online. It's outstandingly noticeably worse.

God I wish i didn't waste my 60 fucking euros.

Despite all the negatives that have been going on i'm having lots of fun with this game. The local multiplayer is amazing, the game looks great to me, online is pretty bad ,but like i said many times, i have faith that they will fix this. Asuka is a fuckin G.....

Lyte Edge said:
Yes. Why are you even playing the game without it being installed?!

Just a quick run. Nevermind, it's all installed, and the loading is satisfactory.

Although still, a beat em up should not have loading or the need to be installed. oh well.

Lyte Edge

Man, there sure are a lot of GANGSTA THUGZ online right now. There are people leaving rooms or kicking if you don't have a mic plugged in. :lol

Lyte Edge

IronFistedChampion said:
I've been playing Tekken since the PS1 days and all the impressions and reviews make me sad. :(

The game itself is great. No one is trashing the game play.

dorikyasu

PS3 version
I'd say more than 80% of online matches I've played were extremely laggy.
Just as others mentioned, loading times are inexcusable especially with 4GB+ HDD install. :mad:

EraldoCoil said:
Despite all the negatives that have been going on i'm having lots of fun with this game. The local multiplayer is amazing, the game looks great to me, online is pretty bad ,but like i said many times, i have faith that they will fix this. Asuka is a fuckin G.....

This. The game itself is amazing. I actually have good connections with certain people so I'm thinking it's patchable.

I don't think the closeups of the characters and some of the textures look good, but it's really smooth and the lighting is pretty awesome.

I think Namco even said it themselves that they were not aiming for the best still shot pictures, but the overall view of the game (which I actually agree with). In fact, I actually think this game looks better than SF4, and I don't see people bashing that game graphically.

Lyte Edge said:
The game itself is great. No one is trashing the game play.
I have Tekken 5: DR from the PSN and the gameplay from 6 is virtually unchanged as far as I can see. What really had me excited for Tekken 6 was the graphics and the online (I didn't buy the online portion of DR), but it seems those two things are the topics of all the bashing.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Lyte Edge said:
Man, there sure are a lot of GANGSTA THUGZ online right now. There are people leaving rooms or kicking if you don't have a mic plugged in. :lol

I played like 10 ppl last night online with the word THUG in their handle, no lie. :lol

Takuan

Grabbed this along with Uncharted 2 today. Thoughts are the same as most of the people here.

- graphics are not good (to say it looks like a first-gen title really isn't an exaggeration); the visuals deserve a 6 at best
- post-install loading times are still inexcusably poor and frequent
- scenario mode is a joke, they should've just gone with had a narrated arcade mode

+ it's Tekken, so fans will still have fun with it

This is the absolute worst home conversion Namco has released. Honestly, if you have any reservations about purchasing this game, save your money or put it toward something else.

Skilletor

Prototype-03 said:
In fact, I actually think this game looks better than SF4, and I don't see people bashing that game graphically.

You must not have paid much attention to SF4 when it was announced and released in arcades, and whenever a new character was announced. :lol

I think T6 looks great. Can't wait to pick up my copy.

Takuan said:
This is the absolute worst home conversion Namco has released.

Yeah, it's pretty weird. There's a heavy amount of content and they clearly spent more time than they should have on SC yet the entire package still has this rushed feeling too it.

Nevertheless I'm still enjoying the game a lot.

Skilletor said:
You must not have paid much attention to SF4 when it was announced and released in arcades, and whenever a new character was announced. :lol

I think T6 looks great. Can't wait to pick up my copy.

I was around... but no one said anything after the game was released. Figured people got used to it or wasn't as bad as people thought. Which is why I think it's weird... Tekken 6 > SF4 graphically... At least in my opinion.

radattack

During a moment of insanity, I preordered the Tekken 6 Limited Edition from GameStop. I'll say the wireless 360 fight-stick was the base of my motivation.

Anywho, it arrived in the mail today and, surprisingly enough, GameStop failed to include the pre-order "Gift Package" that had roped me in to the whole deal.

I called my local GameStop and the mouth breathing clerk who answered was nice enough to agree to give me the "Gift Package" if I came in with a receipt. And here I was thinking I'd have to purchase a game without getting bask in the glory of the one store that truly understands my needs as a gamer.

So, did anyone else get gyped out of the CTS skin, short of jumping through some hoops?

Takuan said:
Grabbed this along with Uncharted 2 today. Thoughts are the same as most of the people here.

- graphics are not good (to say it looks like a first-gen title really isn't an exaggeration); the visuals deserve a 6 at best
- post-install loading times are still inexcusably poor and frequent
- scenario mode is a joke, they should've just gone with had a narrated arcade mode

+ it's Tekken, so fans will still have fun with it

This is the absolute worst home conversion Namco has released. Honestly, if you have any reservations about purchasing this game, save your money or put it toward something else.
Not only fans, but newcomers.

This is how I look at it: fans will have a blast. If you're new, it's one of, if not the, premier fighting game out there. If you never liked Tekken, you'll still hate it.

I wasn't even hyped for this. Got it in the Buy 2 get 1 deal at Best Buy and absolutely loves me it. Just make sure you have some friends to play with. Then again, I've yet to find a fighter with an enjoyable SP campaign since SC2's weapon master mode, and that was only fun to unlock full costumes and weapons. Unlocking little decorative doodads is super tedious.

Oh, and I defy anyone to find a fighter that moves so fluidly. It's amazing.

Top Bottom