• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Sai

If only they didn't bother with Scenario Campaign...

If only...

Lovin' Steve's PAB stance. Dude can Shoryuken from it. :lol I wish they wouldn't have changed the command for the Cobra Weave/Endless Roll though, how it was done in 4 & 5, I mean. Would've made sense to be able to go into PAB from the weaving, and let you start weaving from PAB--that's what I thought it was going to be like when T6 first hit, anyways.

Also having problems adjusting to using 3&4 instead of 1&2 for his Flicker stance. And going back to T5's command for his Heartbreak Shot instead of the qcf+2 they had for it in DR. At least his parry is easier. :p

[EDIT] - And what happened to that shuffle taunt of his I saw in a few match vids? Did they change it up for this boring lookin' one in BR? Or is it not on the move list?

LeMaximilian said:
Some of the effects look good, but god...When it zooms in on a character model post match, it looks dated and very similar to Tekken 5: DR. Especially in the faces, they look pretty bad.

Dated is a good way to describe the visuals of this game. Especially in scenario mode. Good god, it really takes me back to the PS2 days. During one of the cinemas (which are all god awful btw), the helicopter fires missles at the robot chick, and the missles have the smoke trails "connected" to them ala like an old Namco arcade game from the 90's.

I laughed but was secretly crying inside.

The one saving grace, though, is the motion blur which really gives it a fluidity beyond any fighting game I've ever seen. 60FPS + motion blur is just a sight to behold, but not when the game is rendering in fucking 580P.

I have to say, another criticism I have is the roster. It's so huge, yet I find it so generic. Reminds me of a King of Fighters game, where like half the cast is just disposible. Virtua Fighter may only give you two new characters each game, but at least those characters are totally unique and different.

I'm seriously contemplating selling this. I want a 3d fighting fix, and I'm actually considering pulling out the out of date Virtua Fighter 5 ver. C on 360...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ferrio said:
paulphoenixct7.jpg
churchs-chicken.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Darkman M

catfish said:
ok after early impressions I played a bit more.

It's fucking garbage. The online is BROKEN. just completely broken, like push a button and 2 seconds of lag, regularly. Or you get a better game and it disconnects.

Really really horribly unplayably bad and I've got a quick connection as well.
No way am I putting hours into this to learn characters, online just doesn't work so far at all.

SFIV takes a big shit right on tekkens head with regards to online. It's outstandingly noticeably worse.

God I wish i didn't waste my 60 fucking euros.

I feel you man i haven't even played online yet, but the shit tacked on story mode, disgraceful graphics and retarded boss makes me feel sick i spent $60 on this.

For the record im one of those people who rarely has buyers remorse, i can't even remember the last time i bought a game and regretted it.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Arpharmd B said:
I have to say, another criticism I have is the roster. It's so huge, yet I find it so generic. Reminds me of a King of Fighters game, where like half the cast is just disposible. Virtua Fighter may only give you two new characters each game, but at least those characters are totally unique and different.

Why the fuck did so many people buy this, yet weren't Tekken fans to begin with? I mean generic characters? And now you want to play VF? Are you kidding me?

fubarduck

RefigeKru said:
Does the game look the same as in the arcades?

The very first thing I noticed about the PS3 version is that it didn't look as good as the arcade version. At first, I thought this was due to my 46" screen compared to the 32" arcade screen, but then I turned off Motion Blur (which gets the game rendering 768p) and it looks a lot better.

However, the arcade version of the game is basically PS3 hardware, and runs at 768p WITH motion blur. Very confused as to how they could've screwed this up! The load times on the arcade version are also at least 3 times faster. And yes, I have the game installed.

TheCardPlayer

fubarduck said:
The load times on the arcade version are also at least 3 times faster. And yes, I have the game installed.

And what's up with all the load times complaints? I mean, the game loads damn fast on 360 and I've not installed it yet.

Anso

TheCardPlayer said:
Why the fuck did so many people buy this, yet weren't Tekken fans to begin with? I mean generic characters? And now you want to play VF? Are you kidding me?

Alisa Bosconovitch is the coolest character in a fighting game in a long time. She gives you head, what's not to love!?

TheCardPlayer

Anso said:
Alisa Bosconovitch is the coolest character in a fighting game in a long time. She gives you head, what's not to love!?

Nah. I hate Lars and Alisa. Now these designs are fuck awful. But Miguel, Bob, Leo and Zafina are great additions to the cast and they all play very well.

Anso

TheCardPlayer said:
Nah. I hate Lars and Alisa. Now these designs are fuck awful. But Miguel, Bob, Leo and Zafina are great additions to the cast and they all play very well.

I could live without Lars but Alisa's a freaking ANDROID. It might be my mech fetish but that makes her hot. Also Bob's so cool he made Capcom create Rufus :lol

Kusagari

Is Scenario campaign the best way to get money? I haven't even bothered to play it yet, just been doing arcade and online but my money's going up so slowly compared to the ridiculous prices like 500k for shirts.

RefigeKru

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:

Yeah, it's a bit odd. I imagine the game will be a lot better if they play it against some local comp, like friends or relatives. That's where the majority of my playtime is definitely going. :)

But yeah, I can't really see how the characters in Tekken are generic.

Wait, what does generic mean in this context? One of those words I really hate.

TheCardPlayer

RefigeKru said:
Yeah, it's a bit odd. I imagine the game will be a lot better if they play it against some local comp, like friends or relatives. That's where the majority of my playtime is definitely going. :)

This.

There is a reason why Tekken 6 is at the top of the competitive fighting scene, far above SF4 or Blazblue. It's just that damn awesome. If you're a fighting fan, then there is no question. You need this game. If you're a whining scrub, GTFO!

Reminds me of the all people complaining about SCIV, not being as good as 3. I mean, seriously?

TheCardPlayer said:

Because VF doesn't have clones of clones and ridiculous character types that are mismatched for their styles for the sake of it?

And what's up with all the load times complaints? I mean, the game loads damn fast on 360 and I've not installed it yet.

Good for you! Tell us the magic trick you used to get it so, because everyone else either has a defective copy or you are far more tolerable of the awful loading times than we are.

TheCardPlayer

hikarutilmitt said:
Because VF doesn't have clones of clones and ridiculous character types that are mismatched for their styles for the sake of it?

You do realize, that you have no idea what you are talking about right? Clones of clones? Please, do tell. And there are no mismatches. Bottom tier characters like Kuma and Yoshimitsu have won tourneys. The game is perfectly balanced.

Erebus

fubarduck said:
The very first thing I noticed about the PS3 version is that it didn't look as good as the arcade version. At first, I thought this was due to my 46" screen compared to the 32" arcade screen, but then I turned off Motion Blur (which gets the game rendering 768p) and it looks a lot better.

However, the arcade version of the game is basically PS3 hardware, and runs at 768p WITH motion blur. Very confused as to how they could've screwed this up! The load times on the arcade version are also at least 3 times faster. And yes, I have the game installed.
I thought that only the 360 version could render at 768p with the motion blur turned off.

Kusagari said:
Is Scenario campaign the best way to get money? I haven't even bothered to play it yet, just been doing arcade and online but my money's going up so slowly compared to the ridiculous prices like 500k for shirts.

Pretty much. If you stick to online and ghost battles you will be playing to earn money for the rest of your life.

hikarutilmitt said:
Because VF doesn't have clones of clones

That was already a questionable argument against Tekken during the T3/TTT days and from T4 and up it's become completely untrue.

TheCardPlayer said:
You do realize, that you have no idea what you are talking about right? Clones of clones? Please, do tell. And there are no mismatches. Bottom tier characters like Kuma and Yoshimitsu have won tourneys. The game is perfectly balanced.

I mean shit like having characters that aren't from their country/ethnicity practicing a martial art or having odd design for the sake of it.

A boxing kangaroo? A morbidly obese fatass who is a kung fu master? Seriously? I rather like that the game doesn't take itself seriously, just the STORY tells you that much, but when it's taken seriously...

And just because a few characters considered low tier can or have won tournaments does not mean it is balanced, good god. People need to stop trying to use that as proof of balancing.

TheCardPlayer

hikarutilmitt said:
I mean shit like having characters that aren't from their country/ethnicity practicing a martial art or having odd design for the sake of it.

A boxing kangaroo? A morbidly obese fatass who is a kung fu master? Seriously? I rather like that the game doesn't take itself seriously, just the STORY tells you that much, but when it's taken seriously...

And just because a few characters considered low tier can or have won tournaments does not mean it is balanced, good god. People need to stop trying to use that as proof of balancing.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Good God. There is so much stupid in that post, that I don't know where to begin. You have no idea what you are talking about. You should just stop before you hit the bottom of the barrel.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Tips for SC:

You can unlock any character you want when you beat the first stage. UNLOCK YOUR MAIN first. Play this character in Campaign. You'll get free items for them (and Alisa) as you play them.

If you don't love this mode, don't play it in huge bunches. You get some G for fighting player matches online too, and even though it won't be much, at least it's a step towards.

You get items that increase item drop rates. Load up yourself (and Alisa) with these, when you get them.

If you find a stage where items drop often, you should be able to grind the stage to get some decent drops.

Look for the Alien! Some stages it's in boxes, in Ganryu's stage he's back down the street in once scene... they always drop gold and generally items too.

What you get changes as you progress. Around the time I encountered Heihachi, I started to get glasses and waist equips, for example.

You can sell items. If you wanna make some cash, and don't really care for the mode, sell all the stuff you get for whomever you're playing, and from Alisa, and boost your money earning that way.

---------------

Raven: Anyone seen lag with Raven's "Teleports" in their games? That seems like it'd be a bigger deal to me than resolution problems. Would suck pretty badly to have a character that kicks the games framerate 100% of the time... 360 version BTW.

And I thought Lars looked pretty cool, in my meager playtime with him. Anyone have any pointers on him (Or Asuka) btw? Asuka's easily my main, she feels so well put together... (But I'm a Jun Kazama fan anywho, so that's not suprising...)

TheCardPlayer said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Good God. There is so much stupid in that post, that I don't know where to begin. You have no idea what you are talking about. You should just stop before you hit the bottom of the barrel.

And yet rather than prove the comments wrong you just try to brush it aside and laugh to try and look better. Good job.

TheCardPlayer

hikarutilmitt said:
And yet rather than prove the comments wrong you just try to brush it aside and laugh to try and look better. Good job.

What? There we go, the bottom of the barrel. Alright champ:

1) Character design being poor is your opinion. I can't refute an opinion, no matter how fucktarded it is.

2) The game is balanced. That's a fact. Not opinion. Go educate yourself about fighting game mechanics and come back.

I finally got my copy from Big River today (PS3). Admittedly, I only played a few online matches, fought four arcade matches and only fought the first fight in Scenario mode.

I thought the graphics were okay. I can see what some are referring to with the resolution.

The online was alright. I did feel like there was input lag from when I pushed the button to when it executed, which threw my timing off. I fought a green bar and two red bar matches.

I don't care too much for the music. My favorite Tekken soundtracks were Tekken 2 and 3, where each character had a theme.

The gameplay is Tekken, so you should know what you're getting.

Now, I haven't really played a Tekken game since Tekken 3. I bought the rest and played through single player but never played multi-player.

I had no clue what I was doing when I was fighting as Law, Paul, Kazuya or Lars. But next time I play, I'm going to jump into training mode to learn Lars so I can complete the scenario mode.

The story is non-sensical as always (Kazama declares war on the world).

I'm going to have an open mind. And I can see where some are coming from, as far as their expectations, especially after Street Fighter IV and Virtua Fighter V.

hikarutilmitt said:

Having homage to the legendary Sammo Hung is total win. The man defied speed and agility against his weight.

Go to hell you unknowing son of a bitch! You don't diss Sammo Hung!!

Also for those who want mega gold:

Beat SC

Beat the Leo stage on hard to unlock the Mokujin stage

Equip your major item drop and money amplifiers

Play the Mokujin stage, when you get to the area with three grey Mokujin's standing stationary in some weird pose, bound them to get to the next floor and continue to do so for each successive floor.

If you can smash through the floors fast enough you'll reach a floor with gold Mokujin(It's immediately after the floor with the 3 big guys. If you don't bound them fast enough you'll just get regular Mokujins). Take your time killing these gold Mokujin for the next 3 floors and you will rack up a ridiculous amount of cash. On average about 1 to 2 million every time.

RefigeKru

Banned
hikarutilmitt said:

If low tier characters winning tournaments doesn't prove that the game is balanced, what does it prove? I mean, I'm no expert, never touched arcades here in London because there's like two, but wouldn't that mean that every character has a shot a winning regardless of the character they're up against = meaning balanced? What else could it mean?

What would you use as proof of a balanced fighter, then?

I love the characters and the story, speaking from DR, I haven't even touched BR yet.

Anso

TheCardPlayer said:

1) Character design being poor is your opinion. I can't refute an opinion, no matter how fucktarded it is.

2) The game is balanced. That's a fact. Not opinion. Go educate yourself about fighting game mechanics and come back.

That's kind of a horrible comeback dude. "Hey man, this is fact" :lol

Still, I agree with you.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Spiderjericho said:
I had no clue what I was doing when I was fighting as Law, Paul, Kazuya or Lars. But next time I play, I'm going to jump into training mode to learn Lars so I can complete the scenario mode.

Please note, you don't have to play Lars in SC. Play whom you prefer, so you can earn items for that character. Characters are unlocked for SC by beating them in stages. If you don't pick whom you wanna play as your first unlock, you'll have to wait until you beat them somewhere in the mode.

TheCardPlayer said:

I'll give you #1. But balanced? Really? REALLY?

I love personal insults, by the way

TheCardPlayer

hikarutilmitt said:
I'll give you #1. But balanced? Really? REALLY?

I love personal insults, by the way

Yes it is balanced. The game is perfectly tournament worthy and has been at the top of the scene for the past 2 years. Way, way above SF4 or VF5. The game's tiers are only apparent at top level play and then again, they only matter in matches like Zafina against Steve.

Like I said, go educate yourself on Tekken mechanics and try to learn the game before talking about balance.

hclflow

This thread has single-handedly turned me away from what would've been a sure-fire purchase had I not forgotten during my evening commute. Sounds like a mess, technically speaking.

TheCardPlayer said:
Yes it is balanced. The game is perfectly tournament worthy and has been at the top of the scene for the past 2 years. Way, way above SF4 or VF5. The game's tiers are only apparent at top level play and then again, they only matter in matches like Zafina against Steve.

Like I said, go educate yourself on Tekken mechanics and try to learn the game before talking about balance.

Jesus fuck, you drone on and on about it being balanced yet having tiers WITHIN THE SPACE OF THE SAME PARAGRAPH. So, it's balanced, but it's not! Cool, dude.

BTW, just how WAY WAY ABOVE SF4 or VF5 is it in the tourney scene?! Even more importantly, who fucking cares?! I'm simply dying to see more blatant contradictions in the space of a sentence. For the laffs. No, srsly.

LiK

Gamestop.com didnt send me my preorder bonuses. had to call them and they said they'll ship out the calender to me and email me the code. no code so far. gonna keep my games sealed and see if they come through. if not, i'll return it and grab a cheaper copy from Amazon.

AAK

There are tiers... but the game is by far one of the most balanced Tekken games so far based off 1 year of Arcade info.

Each and every character has the tools to win a match, It doesn't have instances where characters have a move that is the harbinger of doom for the entire roster like in TTT/T4/T5.0. The only thing that the upper tier characters have is the abundance of options. But it is nothing that resembles T4 Jin's JFLS, T5.0 Steve's b+1, T5.0 Nina's u/f+1.

Well, maybe Lars has his u/f+3, but there is still a lot of testing that has to be done on him before a final judgement can be made.

Kusagari

hclflow said:
This thread has single-handedly turned me away from what would've been a sure-fire purchase had I not forgotten during my evening commute. Sounds like a mess, technically speaking.

Jesus fuck, you drone on and on about it being balanced yet having tiers WITHIN THE SPACE OF THE SAME PARAGRAPH. So, it's balanced, but it's not! Cool, dude.

BTW, just how WAY WAY ABOVE SF4 or VF5 is it in the tourney scene?! Even more importantly, who fucking cares?! I'm simply dying to see more blatant contradictions in the space of a sentence. For the laffs. No, srsly.

lol, EVERY fighting game will have some sort of tiers no matter how balanced they are. No fighting game can have every character perfectly even with each other. That's not possible. You're just being ridiculous nitpicking that.

TheCardPlayer

hclflow said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Every fighting game has tiers, man. What the fuck are you talking about?

hclflow

Kusagari said:
lol, EVERY fighting game will have some sort of tiers no matter how balanced they are. No fighting game can have every character perfectly even with each other. That's not possible. You're just being ridiculous nitpicking that.

Thanks for assuming. When I say technically speaking, I mean with regard to the shoddy port, not the mechanics. Also, apparently the online is an absolute fucking abortion, so two strikes. And then idiot fanboys like the one I quoted just create strike three out of thin air. GAF has that effect.

hclflow

TheCardPlayer said:
Every fighting game has tiers, man. What the fuck are you talking about?

Exactly. So what the fuck are YOU talking about? You say perfectly balanced, I perceive an opinion that is not grounded in fact.

Mr Spliff

Just finished scenario mode, I think it could have been worse but there is plenty to gripe about for sure.

xBerserker, thanks for coming through, much appreciated.

Kikujiro

TheCardPlayer said:

We already know Tekken 6 is your favourite game, but that's just ridiculous.

stop fighting.......stop fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love this game, and i understand that some people won't like it, but at least give it a rent to see if it'll be your thing or not.

Neil

Just finished Scenario mode. Unlocked the 3 bonus stages but I am getting my ass handed to me! So think I'm gonna have to 'grind' for some better gear. Good fun though, my fave Tekken yet :)

Sai

Kikujiro said:
Actually, I think T6 and BR really have been dominating the arcade rankings in Japan for a while now.

I don't ever recall liking Tekken much (I was very young when I played my last one so I probably didn't understand its mechanics) but watching the GT review and some matches...ugh, it looks so goddamn fun :( I'm very conflicted about purchasing it because, one, it's $60; two, the online is apparently a mess (and an important part of fighting games for me).

So far, though, I'm inclined to buy it. If the game looks extremely fun, I'll buy it no matter what
I bought Castlevania: Judgment and loved it D:
. Hopefully I can get my brother to play it with me since he and I love to play SCIV to this day.

TheCardPlayer

Kikujiro said:

Eh no, the game has been dominating the fighting scene for the last two years.

hclflow said:
Exactly. So what the fuck are YOU talking about? You say perfectly balanced, I perceive an opinion that is not grounded in fact.

Look Mr. Brain, every single fighting game ever made has tiers. The difference between a balanced game and an unbalanced one, is the difference between the tiers. And Tekken 6 barely has any.

Takuan

Do health meter increases not stack? I've got several +health meter items, but the info screen doesn't show the correct number. It doesn't even appear to use the item with the biggest bonus, either. Bug, or is there something I'm missing here?

Takuan said:
Do health meter increases not stack? I've got several +health meter items, but the info screen doesn't show the correct number. It doesn't even appear to use the item with the biggest bonus, either. Bug, or is there something I'm missing here?

You can only have 5 stats at a time and they can't be the same. So you can't get 250 health from a 100+ item and a 150+ item. You'd just have to settle for the 150. Same with the other attributes.

Edit: Also don't forget to make sure they're activated. You can see which items are activated in the right screen bracket area of the customization screen.

Top Bottom