• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Saterium

CadetMahoney said:
is it both 360 and ps3 that sucks? sounds like another case of poor netcode unlike blazb.

Pretty sure theyre both more or less the same.

I seem to get a good/playable match one in every 10.. the other ones are so laggy that the starting animation seems bad, or they have weird spurts of lag during the match.

Either way, it sucks and I hope it gets patched.

*EDIT* this is on 360

strideramc

allreal said:
This. but fuck azazel fucking bullshit ass boss. worst fuking boss in fuking game history he has no fuking point. omg. and for what? (complaints and venting begins here)
so i can see fuking LEO LOOK AT A FUCKING CARD WITH HER NAME?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?! SO I CAN SEE MIGUEL RUNNING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? FUCK YOU NAMCO. FUCK YOU. WORST FUCKING TEKKEN EVER.

YOU FUCKED UP ONLINE...but i don't care....GRAPHICS don't look that great....but its okay...LOADING is long...but i can wait........BUT YOU MAKE ME FUCKING GO THROUGH SOME STUPID ASS FUCKING TEKKEN FORCE BULLSHIT WHEN YOU HAVE A FUCKING FUCK AWESOME FIGHTING GAME. STUPIDEST FUCKING SHIT. FUCK THIS CAMPAIGN. FUCK THE DRESS UP DOLL SHIT. FUCK AZAZEL. FUCK YOU SCAMCO. GO FUCK YOURSELVES.
im sad and dissapointed beyond words. still love tekken, but yah, dissapointed.

I am getting the feeling you aren't enjoying this game. But I will need to see at least 3+ more fucks to confirm it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
unomas said:
My copy needs to get here faster! Why the shit loading times on PS3 though compared to 360?

They aren't unless you don't have the game installed. Maybe it depends on the model of PS3 and the type of hard drive installed, but I have both versions installed on both platforms, and the PS3 version loads a second faster for me. It's around 4 seconds to load a match on PS3, and around 5 seconds on 360.

Anyanka

How to beat Azazel: Launch him and after you bound him instead of finishing the combo do an unblockable. He will lay there and still get hit because he's huge.

unomas

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
They aren't unless you don't have the game installed. Maybe it depends on the model of PS3 and the type of hard drive installed, but I have both versions installed on both platforms, and the PS3 version loads a second faster for me. It's around 4 seconds to load a match on PS3, and around 5 seconds on 360.

Thanks for the info, I'll be playing on the PS3 slim.

Aggelos

Seiken said:
After the extremely terrible OST in SFIV, I am so glad Namco's still king in the music department. God T6 is fucking amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7Sr1BGZWw

^Amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NATtojo1kGI

^AMAZIIIIIIING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBR2XsniOE

^OMGGGGGGGGGGG

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_mKy31oemg

Speechless.

Ya the OST is still kickass.
And these 2, I love them!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7v5pA7hAm0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CembNjRUqfM

Ya Azazel's Chamber music is breathtaking, jaw-dropping.
I am wondering in what language is the vocal part?....

darkvir

after 2 days of trying to like this version... I can't do it anymore.

- the load times are just brutal
- the difference in quality (art/animation) between the newer characters and the older ones is quite glaring. The older fighters look like ass and the move set... can't it be updated?? Some of the characters feel like they are still using Tekken 2 moves ffs
- stupidest final boss... Seth was irritating but at least you could see his moves... this fool is just plain dumb

I'll try some more this weekend, but I think its going to be traded in pretty quick...

PS. is Lee the new Ken online??

MrMephistoX

Okay do not believe the Debbie downer anti-hype. The game just clicks after a while and online play is great today. No lag today whereas yesterday it was atrocious.

MrMephistoX said:
Okay do not believe the Debbie downer anti-hype. The game just clicks after a while and online play is great today. No lag today whereas yesterday it was atrocious.

So everybody in this thread is lying?
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=3945601#post3945601

Nobody is saying the core game sucks, the online sucks, bad. We should all complain to Namco, so they will fix this. People shouldn't just sit back and say, "oh well". Everybody is complaining because they love tekken, and want to have a good online experience with it.

I just played on PSN right now too again. Input lag, still really, really bad. No slo-mo games tonight so far, I guess that is better.

Saterium

So I finally got around to trying scenario mode... could they have any more cut scenes in the beginning of this thing? This coming from someone who kinda likes the Tekken story in a stupid way, it's dumb but I've seen most of these characters for so long that I kinda like it. However this shit is unbearable.

Did they really need 6 separate cutscenes, with separate load times to skip the "Here's what happened in Tekken 1-6" thing in the beginning? Why do half the characters speak English and the other Japanese? Nina is speaking English, Jin is replying in Japanese.. It's just freaking weird.

Playing it with an arcade stick is annoying as hell.. and they still didn't fix the problem they had in Tekken Force Mode way back - where picking up an item while you're targeting an enemy is really annoying.

I'm also not the biggest fan of being forced to use Lars (I'm assuming it's only for the beginning.. I hope?). At least the cash you get isn't bad... too bad the online sucks so it isn't really worth much =/

Nelo Ice

Banned
Saterium said:
So I finally got around to trying scenario mode... could they have any more cut scenes in the beginning of this thing? This coming from someone who kinda likes the Tekken story in a stupid way, it's dumb but I've seen most of these characters for so long that I kinda like it. However this shit is unbearable.

Did they really need 6 separate cutscenes, with separate load times to skip the "Here's what happened in Tekken 1-6" thing in the beginning? Why do half the characters speak English and the other Japanese? Nina is speaking English, Jin is replying in Japanese.. It's just freaking weird.

Playing it with an arcade stick is annoying as hell.. and they still didn't fix the problem they had in Tekken Force Mode way back - where picking up an item while you're targeting an enemy is really annoying.

I'm also not the biggest fan of being forced to use Lars (I'm assuming it's only for the beginning.. I hope?). At least the cash you get isn't bad... too bad the online sucks so it isn't really worth much =/

u can play as anyone and once u beat the tutorial u can choose to unlock 1 character right off the bat

Monocle

Fantastic game. It's as great as I'd hoped. I had yesterday off so I played a 16 hour marathon. Haven't really touched online yet because, as it turns out, I'm a massive item whore. Can't get enough of the customization. I've just been grinding away in the campaign. Yesterday I got 740 gamerscore without even trying.

But I'm afraid not all the news is good. That's right, it's complaint time.

1) I hate how in the campaign I can't disengage from enemies whenever I want to. Trying to reach an alien or a crate with a group of enemies in the same area is an exercise in frustration. And it would have been so easy to fix. All Namco needed to do was make one of the shoulder buttons cancel lock-on—or even better, make the left stick move the character freely at all times. (If there's a function like this that I overlooked somehow, please let me know.) But apparently, despite all the hours of playtesting I assume were done, no one was quite clever enough to notice that such a blatant problem needed to be addressed.

2) Azazel is a joke of a boss. I haven't a clue how any designer could have thought it was a good idea to make a character like that. Not only is he completely unenjoyable to fight on account of his auto-blocking, obscene damage, ridiculous hit stuns and excessive range, but he appears so frequently as to nearly ruin most of the single player modes. The asshole spoiled my Hwoarang profile with a bunch of losses in arcade mode. Total bullshit. (Complaint 2b: It's silly that I have to worry about my record being tarnished in matches against computer players. Why aren't human and CPU versus matches tracked separately? More important, why is an average person like me able to come up with obvious features that would improve the game while the people who get paid to do the same thing haven't—or if they have, were unable to get them included in the final product?)

3) No command record feature in practice mode? Seriously? There's no excuse.

Bonus complaint: The 360 controller's d-pad needs to be fixed. Seriously. I'm more likely to find five shiny nuggets of gold in my ass than nail a couple of EWGF's in a row on that squishy, imprecise piece of trash. (Yes, I do own an arcade stick, but it doesn't work very well in the campaign.)

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
ThatCrazyGuy said:

that is actually a kinda well known thing. florida just generally has shitty internet + bad routing + its geographical position in the usa doesnt help either. its like a big floppy dick hangin off the side of the country

:lol :lol :lol

So is this game a solid improvement over Tekken 5? I don't play any one fighting game enough these days to care about being competitive online, but is the arcade mode more or less the same as T5 in terms of earning coin to customize your character and whatnot? I always liked how it was a less rigid version of Quest Mode.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am literally SHAKING from hype, I'm ready for the tournament bitches!

23 more hours...

Lyte Edge

For those having trouble with Jin and Azrael, play the arena mode in Scenario Campaign! They are much easier to beat than arcade mode, IMO.

I've come home with the JP version of Tekken6! Installing now to my PS3.

They gave me some kind of tekken net arcade card for free with my purchase. It has some scratch off code on the back. Not sure what this is for yet.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
ThatCrazyGuy said:
So everybody in this thread is lying?
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=3945601#post3945601

Nobody is saying the core game sucks, the online sucks, bad. We should all complain to Namco, so they will fix this. People shouldn't just sit back and say, "oh well". Everybody is complaining because they love tekken, and want to have a good online experience with it.

I just played on PSN right now too again. Input lag, still really, really bad. No slo-mo games tonight so far, I guess that is better.

Why would Namco want to fix this? Fixing online is probably expensive. 90% of their fanbase can't tell the difference, or just don't care. They'll do what is profitable.

shuri

Banned
the tekken force mode is so lame, but it gives you all the gold you'll ever need. Its lame that we have to grind that stupid boring mode, because arcade fights give you like 2k a fight..

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Oh man, Scenario Campaign is the worst thing i've ever played. :lol

Yet to try out online, but the rest of the game seems solid. Feels a lot different to T5 DR.

krazen

arstal said:
Why would Namco want to fix this? Fixing online is probably expensive. 90% of their fanbase can't tell the difference, or just don't care. They'll do what is profitable.

Ehh, perhaps In Japan. But that just builds bad blood with the mainstream gamers over here that are getting used to online fighting games. So when Tekken 7 comes out, you won't have as many people rushing to pre-order/rush to the store off hype alone like me, lol. It's not bad, but it's kinda depressing how the online isn't stable in a game in 2009

Comparisons from site: Lens of truth says 360 version is better, primarily due to the awful loading times without install. Graphics change marginally depending on whether you turn features on and off.

Either way the graphics are underwhelming judging from most reviews.

Will probably rent before a purchase.

zoukka

Laggy online and crappy SP aren't anything new in fighters.

But to shit the PS3 version with loading times is just... well I can't describe it.

Chorazin

CadetMahoney said:
Comparisons from site: Lens of truth says 360 version is better, primarily due to the awful loading times without install. Graphics change marginally depending on whether you turn features on and off.

Either way the graphics are underwhelming judging from most reviews.

Will probably rent before a purchase.

I HATE optional installs on fighters. If it's anything like SFIV (I haven't been able to play my copy of T6 yet), only 50% of people install it making it basically like YOU never installed it, if you mostly play online. Make that shit mandatory, maybe cover the install with a movie, like R&CF:aCiT does.

Also, if anyone has the Gamestop code for PS3 and isn't a huge Penny Arcade fan, please hook me up! :)

Edeuinu

Picked this up in the BB B2G1.

I'm a huge Tekken fan so I'm having a blast.

Online sucks (can be patched), PS3 load times just need an install (SFIV was the same way). Other than that, it's Tekken! I turned off blur too, didn't look so hot.

Lince

Banned
so we have

horrible online play
atrocious loading times
lack of features
sub-HD issues (PS3)

are they selling a Beta? :lol

Chairhome

In all honesty, I'm enjoying Scenario Campaign so far (only passed the first couple stages so far. Its pretty basic, and there are a lot of problems (like the camera angles, switching targets, picking up items while fighting), but its a decent way to earn money and items, and its really not that bad. Granted, it would be a lot better if you earned more money just fighting.

karasu

The only things that bother me are the scenario mode, and the customization items. Between the price and the general ugliness of the items, it'll take weeks to put together a look I dig.

My online experience is generally smooth (in lobbies) even when I'm on a neighbor's wifi network! The complaints about online shock the shit out of me.

LowParry

Ugh...fever. Not swing flu but good god...this sucks. So with the little time I've had to play, I really really enjoy Leo best of the new cast. What better than to look fucking awesome killing people.

Anso

darkvir said:
The older fighters look like ass and the move set... can't it be updated?? Some of the characters feel like they are still using Tekken 2 moves ffs

This is the funniest complaint I've seen in this thread so far :lol

Also, I urge you to play Wang Jinrei. That guy's smooth as silk nowadays.

karasu

CcrooK said:
Ugh...fever. Not swing flu but good god...this sucks. So with the little time I've had to play, I really really enjoy Leo best of the new cast. What better than to look fucking awesome killing people.

She's who I;m maining too. I haven't even touched my usual Lili or Feng Wei.

LowParry

karasu said:
She's who I;m maining too. I haven't even touched my usual Lili or Feng Wei.

Leo and Roger Jr I'm looking at right now. I mean Paul was easy to pick up with an hour of play. The guy's a hitter. But I need some new flash. Sure there's Lars or maybe Bob, but Leo is just damn sexy.

I also loved the intro in SC where it goes over the history. I don't see how you could get lost with that. Poor Jun though. So all that talk with Orge was true in the past.

Kolgar

Monocle said:
*observations*

Yes, sir, I'm with you!

Bonus complaint: The 360 controller's d-pad needs to be fixed. Seriously. I'm more likely to find five shiny nuggets of gold in my ass than nail a couple of EWGF's in a row on that squishy, imprecise piece of trash. (Yes, I do own an arcade stick, but it doesn't work very well in the campaign.)

Thank you. I'd bought the PS3 version for this very reason--the system's D-pad is better than the 360's for fighters--but I'd been starting to lament my decision. Whatever else is wrong with the game, at least I spared myself problems with the controls.

I'll probably keep the game, as I'd wanted a new Tekken for so long. But geez, Namco. This is your flagship fighter (or is it?) and this is the best you could do with all that time?

Tomonobu Itagaki once said, "Tekken is a piece of shit." Now you've got a lot of the series' fans saying the same!

LowParry

I think as long as they fix the online, 2P customs, and the practice record thing, people will turn around and be happy with the game. But you still gotta deal with Azezel. :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
CcrooK said:
I think as long as they fix the online, 2P customs, and the practice record thing, people will turn around and be happy with the game. But you still gotta deal with Azezel. :lol

This is why I'm taking a wait and see attitude. It's not costing me anything to wait, and I don't have a lot of faith in Namco in general.

I now know to never buy Namco or SNK on day 1. (and yes, Namco and SNK are now lumped in my eyes)

Monocle

karasu said:
The only things that bother me are the scenario mode, and the customization items. Between the price and the general ugliness of the items, it'll take weeks to put together a look I dig.

My online experience is generally smooth (in lobbies) even when I'm on a neighbor's wifi network! The complaints about online shock the shit out of me.
After two days of playing the campaign I have 43 million gold and tons of items. It would be worth your while to just power through it.

AwRy108

Chorazin said:
I HATE optional installs on fighters. If it's anything like SFIV (I haven't been able to play my copy of T6 yet), only 50% of people install it making it basically like YOU never installed it, if you mostly play online. Make that shit mandatory, maybe cover the install with a movie, like R&CF:aCiT does.

Agreed! I hate waiting for an online match to load because the other person isn't aware of the install option...

Chairhome

Dumb question that is probably answered in the manual, but how do you select the 2p outfit? And the 3p outfit for those that have it?

Lyte Edge

Chairhome said:
Dumb question that is probably answered in the manual, but how do you select the 2p outfit? And the 3p outfit for those that have it?

1P outfit = square (and triangle for those with only two outfits)
2P outfit = X and O
3P outfit = triangle

I was surprised to find that you can actually customize Lili's 3P outfit. Nothing big, but you can edit the colors and replace the veil with a tiara.

MrMephistoX

arstal said:

It was better yesterday for me and other people reported the same. When has any game shipped with perfect online play on day one? Smash Bros Brawl for example was literally unplayable for at least a week and only then by tweaking settings on one's router.

I'm not excusing Namco (the graphics are disappointing for sure) but borked online launches are rarely permanent.

Mr Spliff

Chairhome said:
In all honesty, I'm enjoying Scenario Campaign so far (only passed the first couple stages so far. Its pretty basic, and there are a lot of problems (like the camera angles, switching targets, picking up items while fighting), but its a decent way to earn money and items, and its really not that bad. Granted, it would be a lot better if you earned more money just fighting.

I agree with you. I have almost all the scenario mode achievements and I still enjoy playing it. I use Lei Wu Long and he makes it fun when I snake fist drones and then kick them in the nuts crane style. Disclaimer: I am a huge beat 'em up fan and don't expect much but there are way worse beat em ups than this.

On a different note, I am really hoping that they will patch the ranking system so I can rank up my characters past 1st dan offline. This exclusion really pisses me off.

Markman, can this be addressed in an update hopefully?

Top Bottom