• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Chairhome

Lyte Edge said:
1P outfit = square (and triangle for those with only two outfits)
2P outfit = X and O
3P outfit = triangle

I was surprised to find that you can actually customize Lili's 3P outfit. Nothing big, but you can edit the colors and replace the veil with a tiara.
Thanks!

LOL at Azazel! I did beat him on my third try though. You just have to use attacks that keep him on the ground I find.

I don't have any issue at all with the loading screens here on the PS3 version. It's only slightly worse than Tekken5:DR. I am actually impressed after all the initial bad stuff people said about loading times. After installing to the HD this is a non issue for me. Like in the GiantBomb quick look that was definitely NOT installed to HD. Especially if you stick to the same character it seems to be very fast. Maybe if you are constantly switching characters every round it will seem slower.

I am playing without the blur. I decided it is the superior way to play after trying both.

About the online, I played about 40 rounds with a friend online and it was perfectly awesome for us. There was a match or 2 that seemed a little weird, but 98% of the time I didn't notice any lag.

How is the online battles working for everyone? I can find someone almost instantly, but the problem I'm running into is the lag. Really bad lag. I understand that an online fighting game and thats just going to happen but it's not consistent. Any advice on how to approach this or get used to this problem?

MrMephistoX said:
It was better yesterday for me and other people reported the same. When has any game shipped with perfect online play on day one? Smash Bros Brawl for example was literally unplayable for at least a week and only then by tweaking settings on one's router.

I'm not excusing Namco (the graphics are disappointing for sure) but borked online launches are rarely permanent.

No one is asking for perfect, no online game is perfect. People are asking for playable, without input lag all the time.

Why did people have to mess with router settings to make Brawl playable? Sucks for casuals. I didn't have to tweak my router to play blazblue or SF4, and those games are fine online.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I finally beat Scenario Campaign. Yuck. That shit never ends. Actually, I don't even think I finished the thing, some new area unlocked - Nightmare Train or something? - but I had had enough at that point so I just quit. I played for hours and had just barely enough gold to complete one custom outfit for my Lili, but at least she looks dope now. I turned her into a trampy gothic schoolgirl, so wrong, but oh so right.

I played a bit of online this morning and the netcode is all over the place, I think it's fixable though, so hopefully Namco listens. Gonna be online some more tonight, hope to (finally) play some GAFers PS3 side.

PedroRVD

little question.

Does the game have a story mode for each character as in Tekken 5 PS2? (each character has a rival mid story...etc)

Chairhome

I haven't done it yet, but after the first two missions in Scenario Campaign, you unlock the Arena where you can get the prologue and ending for each character. I think you have to unlock the character you want to use in SC first though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How about characters? I know you had to unlock them in previous Tekken and I hated that, same here?

Seiken said:
How about characters? I know you had to unlock them in previous Tekken and I hated that, same here?

You have to unlock them for Arena mode within SC (Where you can see their prologue and endings). For Arcade, VS and whatnot everyone is already unlocked.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Space A Cobra said:
All but one are unlocked from the start. Unfortunately a good chunk of stages can only be played through the luck of getting them in random select. The stage you're interested in is readily available though.
How about the one you have to unlock? What do you do?

MrDenny

Earning money is pretty easy, after finishing sc mode.
After completing sc mode, complete leo's stage on hard.
It should unlock mokujin's stage. Equip Gold + 400% item.
Playing through this stage should earn you 2,000,000 + gold each time.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Seiken said:

They are all unlocked from the beginning.

Anyanka

There are no unlockable stages. There's two extra stages, the stage for NANCY-MI847J and one you fight in during Jin's Arena mode.

Two stages are random only.

Anyanka said:
There are no unlockable stages. There's two extra stages, the stage for NANCY-MI847J and one you fight in during Jin's Arena mode.

Are you sure? I never had the Jin arena stage show up in random until I finished SC.

Two stages are random only.
Nah there's like 4 or 5 you can only play through random select.

Edit: Edited for clarity

Feindflug

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Somebody actually compared this game to Uncharted 2 in terms of graphics?

Well he has a point, it's pretty disappointing to see this gen's fighting games look worse than action/adventure games considering that fighting games looked amazing in the past generations - but instead of that we see games like Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, e.t.c. actually have much better character models than Tekken 6 for example, running at 720p with biggest environments, more detailed textures and a lot of characters and particle effects on screen...running at sub-HD/no AA with decent character models, sub-bar texturing with only 2 characters and relatively small environments on hardware capable of the games above is ridiculous for a big franchise like Tekken.

Sectus

MrMephistoX said:
It was better yesterday for me and other people reported the same. When has any game shipped with perfect online play on day one? Smash Bros Brawl for example was literally unplayable for at least a week and only then by tweaking settings on one's router.

I'm not excusing Namco (the graphics are disappointing for sure) but borked online launches are rarely permanent.
The game is completely P2P, Namco can't do anything to improve the online experience besides making drastic changes to the netcode (which they won't do). If you have a better online experience another day, that's simply because you were lucky with getting connected to people who live closer to you with a stable connection.

Anyanka said:
At least 5? Ok if you're right about the arena that leaves..? That, Festival and Sheep and..?

Tomato, sheep, jungle and Jin SC. If the Nancy stage actually does show up in random that would be 5.

Also I edited my original post as "at least 5" was a wrong choice of words.

Anyanka

Jungle isn't random. I've been looking at random and there is no extra stage...? We're talking about the stage in arena that's outside the ruins right? It's not here.

Anyanka said:
Jungle isn't random. I've been looking at random and there is no extra stage...? We're talking about the stage in arena that's outside the ruins right? It's not here.

You're making me doubt myself about the jungle. I remember it wasn't available on the select screen for choosing the background. I may have just assumed it was the same for VS.

For the Jin stage, yeah I'm talking about the ruins. I've 100% for sure fought on that stage outside of SC.

Taurus

Got my pre-ordered copy today. Read the manual twice, then read the back cover and checked out if the disc was okay. Yeah, it was okay. "Why don't you play it?" asked the voice from the background. Because my f-king X360 is sent to maintenance and won't be back for two weeks! :mad:

I swear if I don't get it back in time for Dragon Age... I'm gonna post another angry post in the internet!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Sectus said:
The game is completely P2P, Namco can't do anything to improve the online experience besides making drastic changes to the netcode (which they won't do). If you have a better online experience another day, that's simply because you were lucky with getting connected to people who live closer to you with a stable connection.

Yeah but I play with a guy I play SFIV with regularly with a very smooth connection and it's laughably shit. The netcode is disasterous.

shuri

Banned
catfish said:
Yeah but I play with a guy I play SFIV with regularly with a very smooth connection and it's laughably shit. The netcode is disasterous.
Exactly. I am in the same exact situation. Shipping a game so broken like that is unacceptable. I cant play locally because none of my friends are into videogames anymore at my age.

I need decent online support!

Anso

Feindflug said:
Well he has a point, it's pretty disappointing to see this gen's fighting games look worse than action/adventure games considering that fighting games looked amazing in the past generations - but instead of that we see games like Uncharted 2, Resident Evil 5, Gears of War 2, e.t.c. actually have much better character models than Tekken 6 for example, running at 720p with biggest environments, more detailed textures and a lot of characters and particle effects on screen...running at sub-HD/no AA with decent character models, sub-bar texturing with only 2 characters and relatively small environments on hardware capable of the games above is ridiculous for a big franchise like Tekken.

Well, to be fair the priority is constant 60fps and no tear which Tekken 6 pulls of gloriously. I'm glad they prioritized that way because a fighting game that doesn't run at a constant 60fps just isn't worth playing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
14 hours... left...

Fourteen... houuuuuurs.......leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeft........

FOURTEEN! HOURS! LEFT!

FOURTEEEEEEEEN

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

rvy

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
A money match took place last week at Konjou's crib. This was a grudge match between current WCG winner Chief Flash and Denkai. And plus, this was the last time alot of us from the VFDC NYC Crew was going to play VF5. So we decided to put VF5 to rest.....................Enjoy the Vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV7uXtsx-UE
... Why the fuck would you do that to the disc. WHAT THE FUCK!

Leunam

Shikashi said:

Sometimes the rage takes over.

An old friend of mine got to the last boss in the first Xenosaga, couldn't beat him. So he takes out the disk and snaps it in half.

Wasn't even his game.

Sectus

catfish said:
I wasn't trying to imply the netcode is any good. It is close to worthless, and it's a big shame Namco has showed no effort to improve it since DRO.

rvy

Banned
Leunam said:
Sometimes the rage takes over.

An old friend of mine got to the last boss in the first Xenosaga, couldn't beat him. So he takes out the disk and snaps it in half.

Wasn't even his game.
There's no rage in there though. It looks like they destroyed the disc because they were done with VF 5, not because they were raging.

Leunam

I watched the video without sound, didn't know if he was upset.

I think we agree, though, that it's pretty stupid to do that to a game regardless.

Bloody Amazon still haven't dispatched Tekken 6. Supposed to be here for Friday. Looks like an unnecessary trip to my high street. Can't cancel it as it's 'being dispatched' (been that way since 11:00 this morning - it's now 19:45) so I'll have to return it when it gets here.
Really looking forward to it. I've always had a soft spot for Tekken since I bought Tekken 2 with my first PlayStation back in '96.

Caj814

Shikashi said:

THAT was the frustration that SEGA built up on the dedicated American VF fans.With no known plans of bringing VF5R(the latest arcade only upgrade) to home consoles along with the facebook trolling earlier in the year the disc had to be the unfortunate victim. :lol

Calcaneus

If I didn't have people to play against locally, I would have seriously considered holding off on buying the game. Sucks to hear about the online.

rvy

Banned
Caj814 said:
THAT was the frustration that SEGA built up on the dedicated American VF fans.With no known plans of bringing VF5R(the latest arcade only upgrade) to home consoles along with the facebook trolling earlier in the year the disc had to be the unfortunate victim. :lol
If they released it, only 5 guys would buy and we're 2 of them. That's how sad this is.

Top Bottom