• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Degen

The onliiiiine plaaaay ;_; Really, devs??

I guess I'll have to actually go to a friend's house to play them... Next thing you know, I'll be expected to use an oven instead of a microwave... Outrageous...

Zafina for the win. I'm so amazing with her, you guys. *mashmashmash*

so i just wanted to comment how much i have been enjoying using the hori limited edition stick, the wireless almost makes it better then my TE.......almost

Hey GAF, just a quick update (as if anyone cares)... after sleeping on it last night I decided to give this game another shot. And after farting around a bit in Practice Mode, reacquainting myself with some of the characters I'm familiar with, I decided to skip over Arcade Mode and give the Scenario Campaign a shot...

...Does it get any better? I'm asking honestly, because all I see is a badly implemented 3D beat-em-up mechanic with poor controls, no camera control and a laughably bad plot that's distinctly Japanese (and I mean that in the worst possible way). And for whoever said Azazel was easier in the SC's Arena location... umm, no? I'm playing as this guy Miguel, and all of his power attacks seem to hit at middle, which Azazel gets to autoblock. The f*ck, he's been pummeling me for eight minutes now.

EDIT: Yeah, f*ck this game. Going to bed.

fuck man... my thumbs hurt.

I'm 2 trophies away (gallery, and 30 online games) from my first platinum and I'm proud it's Tekken.

I will admit I am a little bummed that you can only rank up to 1st Dan offline since T5DR kept me hella busy with ranking offline for fun. I hope they patch it back to how T5DR0 where your online rank and your offline rank were separate.

I absolutely love this game. So addicting. I think I already have most of the trophies already. Online play has been fairly smooth for me so far. Admittedly, the graphics/RESOLUTION could of been better and that is probably because the game is almost as old as a PS3 launch title, but the gameplay in this game IMO is unmatched. Even the campaign mode is alot of fun even though it has some problems with the camera at times and targeting. This game actually has some cool customization. You can make your characters look completely different. Music is excellent also. Yeah, I am not too crazy about Azazel myself, but I think I am finally learning how to properly dispose of him. Any tips on how to beat Nancy? She/he/it is actually worst than Azazel which is saying alot. :lol

fucking lag!

I cant do shit. when you input a move and it dosnt do it till later and also it's a different move with the same button press you know you don't lose because you suck. I cant even see good players being good online.

I will say though there are a few smooth connections which makes me happy cuz I never had that with T5DR.

MrDenny

Played around 8 matches today (PS3)
Most of them were smooth and playable, only a few with lag.
I wish they patch the versus mode character select screen to look like arcade/arena mode.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i just took a break from online play..90 percent of the matches were laggy...a good third were unplayable..i had 3 normal matches (out of about 40 plus i played)..i really love the series but this is really a huge letdown..they had more then enough time to figure this shit out considering that they just released a 2 year old game

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Damn.. I had a ton of great matches tonight.. No visible lag like I ran into a day or two back.. It was a lot of fun.. :D

Nancy strategies. Give them to me. I get sort of close to beating her, but am I doing it all wrong? Lots of side stepping and power hits or light hits or short combos? Come to think of it, maybe I could youtube them.

Masamuna

Easiest Nancy strategy: Pick Asuka and do F+3(or SS+2....do whatever you want actually). If Nancy does ANYTHING, db+1+2 her. It will cancel whatever she was doing.

Here's a couple of my customs so far.

Love the game. Online gets somewhat better every time I try it, but its still really off the mark.

Now to get back to practicing B+2 juggles with Lee. :D

bosx2

Banned
yesterday my girlfriend came over to hang out.. and I was playing tekken... I teased her week/month .. nah even years that tekken 6 comes out and its my favorite game
the first thing she said when she saw tekken 6 was: "the graphics arent so good ..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
ok honestly, what is the most effective to bitch at Namco Bandai. Email or something? The online is pissing me off, I really really want to play online but with such shitty lag on the matches it ends off with me throwing fucking shit around.
I have a good conections too, 6mbps down with 1mbps up.

Yeah I can play local play with a few of my buddies but they are not into fighting games that much. I end up just fucking around with them and then they end up pissed at me which ends up with me picking chars I don't know or I get the whole I need to pick Random chars or I don't play with them :(

/sigh on the shitty netcode implementation.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oh my sweet jesus christ in heavens please watch over me and my families souls because i am now, god heavens in lord, in heavens

bosx2 said:
yesterday my girlfriend came over to hang out.. and I was playing tekken... I teased her week/month .. nah even years that tekken 6 comes out and its my favorite game
the first thing she said when she saw tekken 6 was: "the graphics arent so good ..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Wow, one of my friends sent me a PSN message saying, it looks like Tekken 5: DR. I am wondering how did the arcade version really look?

Takuan

Rhazer Fusion said:
Wow, one of my friends sent me a PSN message saying, it looks like Tekken 5: DR. I am wondering how did the arcade version really look?
Just like this, apparently. The standard game looks decent, but player models look very primitive whenever the camera zooms in, particularly in facial region. No one's playing this game for the visuals, that's for sure.

So I thought I had beaten the scenario mode, but then this nightmare train level opened up with gargoyles that just destroy me every time, meaning I probably have to do some more grinding for +health or +defense. What determines the quality of drops?

Also, how are alternate costumes unlocked? I want Dragunov's pimp winter jacket outfit, I've seen it in a couple of videos. Can't seem to buy anything worthwhile in the store, besides auras, which look pretty awesome.

Is there a site that shows off all the costumes? I'd really like to see them all.

Anyanka

There are no alternate costumes. The coat is an item you buy.

Start grinding for items on hard. I think you get more A and S items on hard.

Caj814

Masamuna said:
Easiest Nancy strategy: Pick Asuka and do F+3(or SS+2....do whatever you want actually). If Nancy does ANYTHING, db+1+2 her. It will cancel whatever she was doing.

Here's a couple of my customs so far.

Love the game. Online gets somewhat better every time I try it, but its still really off the mark.

Now to get back to practicing B+2 juggles with Lee. :D

:lol
34rxbhv.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Seiken said:
oh my sweet jesus christ in heavens please watch over me and my families souls because i am now, god heavens in lord, in heavens
Good luck in the tournament man.

Takuan

Anyanka said:
There are no alternate costumes. The coat is an item you buy.

Start grinding for items on hard. I think you get more A and S items on hard.
Maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. Extra costumes? 3P costume? I thought the console versions got special outfits for some characters. I know the particular Dragunov coat I saw wasn't available in the store (it had like a fur-lined collar, or something to that effect).

Ah, I knew there was a reason the game prompted me to change difficulties after I beat that cheap, cheap version of Jin. Alright, back to the grind, then.

LowParry

Okay. Today I'm going to prove how much people are fucking retarded about these "OMG! It looks like Tekken 5: DR". You bastards are going to make me boot up that old piece of shit.

Anyanka

Yeah there's some 3Ps but they're all unlocked from the start and Drag doesn't have one. There's like 3 different coats he can buy, I assure you it's there.

Long coat with fur = "Military Coat" for 560,000 g

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
CcrooK said:
Okay. Today I'm going to prove how much people are fucking retarded about these "OMG! It looks like Tekken 5: DR". You bastards are going to make me boot up that old piece of shit.

Dooooooooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :lol :D

Personally I think the games looks awesome, I like the blur effect on too.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
haunts said:
Uploaded a couple close ass matches I had online today.. check it out.. this is on XBL btw, not PSN..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ie7cbH0rvk

youre having alot more success with f+2,1 on oki then i am..i just tend to either 3+4-2 or dck+1 early (or fff+2)..i also cant land flck 1 to 3+4-2 for the life of me..i dont know what im doing wrong but its really one of like couple things that i cant figure out thats pissing me off

panda21

is there no way to move through the move list in practice mode? you can press triangle to hold it up but it wont let me move through it?! i thought in DR you could press L2/R2 or something, doesnt seem to work here :S

jmro

CcrooK said:

You're right, it looks nothing like Tekken 5: DR. Tekken 5 DR runs in 1080P

Kolgar

Last boss can suck a high hard one for sure.

I beat him down with Nina in Scenario Mode, but with some of the other characters, I just can't do it. Bastard blocks every damn thing and then shoots all those bullshit claws at me.

And then--what's that? A laser too? Oh Namco. Someone must have abused these developers with baseball bats and and turkey basters as children.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
YuriLowell said:
lol @ people who say T5: DR looks better.

T5: DR is just more clear.
still. tekken 6 looks like poo though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spike Spiegel said:
Hey GAF, just a quick update (as if anyone cares)... after sleeping on it last night I decided to give this game another shot. And after farting around a bit in Practice Mode, reacquainting myself with some of the characters I'm familiar with, I decided to skip over Arcade Mode and give the Scenario Campaign a shot...

...Does it get any better? I'm asking honestly, because all I see is a badly implemented 3D beat-em-up mechanic with poor controls, no camera control and a laughably bad plot that's distinctly Japanese (and I mean that in the worst possible way). And for whoever said Azazel was easier in the SC's Arena location... umm, no? I'm playing as this guy Miguel, and all of his power attacks seem to hit at middle, which Azazel gets to autoblock. The f*ck, he's been pummeling me for eight minutes now.

EDIT: Yeah, f*ck this game. Going to bed.

Umm, yes. That's where I got perfects on Jin and Azrael. I was using Lili. On Azrael, I did nothing but kicks, mainly running and hitting 1+2, or knocking him up with d+1+2 and juggling. No question he's harder in arcade mode. The arena mode feels very dumbed-down compared to arcade.

Just get rid of it, dude. If you aren't going to learn to play for versus, there's no point in keeping it.

catfish said:
still. tekken 6 looks like poo though.

It looks fine.
It plays fine who gives a fuck.

I haven't had any terribly laggy matches with the normal people I play with.

I love all you cry babies and your sweet tears.

LowParry

jmro said:
You're right, it looks nothing like Tekken 5: DR. Tekken 5 DR runs in 1080P

I don't even think I want to bother proving people wrong. Just get rid of the game. Nothing but whiny bitches.

panda21

i'm beginning to think there really is no way to scroll through the moves when you hold in practice mode... i tried every button combination i could think of

i am supposed to learn all 166 of yoshimitsu's moves how?

YuriLowell said:
It looks fine.
It plays fine who gives a fuck.

I haven't had any terribly laggy matches with the normal people I play with.

I love all you cry babies and your sweet tears.

Why are you defending the game so much?

It's laggy. It's ugly. It's also a great game, one of the most balanced and tight fighters around. Accept it for what it is and move on.

Me I'm playing this local only until Namco sorts out the netcode (that is if it ever happens).

Top Bottom