• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

"What was this?"

On the Sega Facebook page they had a post up for people to reply to about what games they wanted to see (or something like that). A lot of VF fans obviously posted that they wanted VF5R on console and the response was essentially "Okay, that's not gonna happen, so please fuck off and let us hear what other fans want."

weepy

Despite all the negatives I still want this game so fucking bad, graphics be damned. Any in SoCal who wants to sell their copy I'm willing to take it off their hands, otherwise I have to wait a week or so to get mines.

hclflow

MrMephistoX said:
Okay do not believe the Debbie downer anti-hype. The game just clicks after a while and online play is great today. No lag today whereas yesterday it was atrocious.

Looks like I'd better get to work on a "Tekken 6 Online Play Forecast" website to help dedicated fans find out easily when their online experiences will be at a tolerable baseline.

Sounds like quality product to me!

MrMephistoX

hclflow said:
Looks like I'd better get to work on a "Tekken 6 Online Play Forecast" website to help dedicated fans find out easily when their online experiences will be at a tolerable baseline.

Sounds like quality product to me!

Today's forecast cloudy with a touch of PMS?

hclflow

MrMephistoX said:
Today's forecast cloudy with a touch of PMS?

Ohhh, you must've taken "Replying to GAF Posts Without Actually Comprehending the Subject Matter 101" like TheCardPlayer apparently did. Yeah, I took the harder route in my education and enrolled in English beyond a fourth-grade level.

hclflow said:
Ohhh, you must've taken "Replying to GAF Posts Without Actually Comprehending the Subject Matter 101" like TheCardPlayer apparently did. Yeah, I took the harder route in my education and enrolled in English beyond a fourth-grade level.
Man, you are touchy.

hclflow

dragonlife29 said:
Man, you are touchy.

I'm not really touchy, so much as I am intolerant of asinine replies devoid of any context or meaning! However, you could certainly say I am being persistent today. That would be true. gg

hclflow said:
I'm not really touchy, so much as I am intolerant of asinine replies devoid of any context or meaning!

87i6077.gif

Honestly, I think if SEGA tried to release VF5R now they might actually sell better than vanilla VF5. No fighting game was selling very well back when it was released on either console, and it sold better on the PS3 (yes, it came out first) than the 360 despite the larger install base of the 360 and the fact it has online (which got a number of fans to double dip). The market for fighters just wasn't where it is today. You could pack together a bunch of old and crappy 16-bit fighters onto a disc for $30 and market it as "a super retro fighting game throwdown/throwback" and it'd probably sell.

As it is, though, they won't because they don't want to take the chance with the awful sales of VF5 and their clearly messed up decisions as of late.

jmro

Why are we talking about VF5

Something funny going on with online. I've had matches with blue bars the whole time that felt terrible and some yellow & greens that were great.

Hopefully they can fix something so at least the bars are accurate.

Anso said:
Also, getting Tekken 6 tomorrow, goddamn Swedish release-date.
Fuck, man. What IS up with euroland release dates?
Just moved from across the atlantic, and wtf... some stuff is out on tuesdays... some other stuff on fridays... What is this?
I could have sworn i was able to find everything i wanted by the thursday of its release week, but tekken 6, no dice...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
hikarutilmitt said:
Honestly, I think if SEGA tried to release VF5R now they might actually sell better than vanilla VF5. No fighting game was selling very well back when it was released on either console, and it sold better on the PS3 (yes, it came out first) than the 360 despite the larger install base of the 360 and the fact it has online (which got a number of fans to double dip). The market for fighters just wasn't where it is today. You could pack together a bunch of old and crappy 16-bit fighters onto a disc for $30 and market it as "a super retro fighting game throwdown/throwback" and it'd probably sell.

As it is, though, they won't because they don't want to take the chance with the awful sales of VF5 and their clearly messed up decisions as of late.

VF5 did really, REALLY bad. That said, I think it would do a lot better now- for these reasons

a) The 360 was not accepted as a fighting game platform when VF5 was released. In fact, VF5 was the first legitimate retail fighter (DoA don't count)

b) Install bases are higher

c) SF4 led to a revival

I think they'd sell about 200k if they released at $40.

Anso

Fistwell said:
Fuck, man. What IS up with euroland release dates?
Just moved from across the atlantic, and wtf... some stuff is out on tuesdays... some other stuff on fridays... What is this?
I could have sworn i was able to find everything i wanted by the thursday of its release week, but tekken 6, no dice...

Yeah, I'm outraged and whatnot. However I'll get a free t-shirt and have a chance to win some other swag by beating the Swedish store Webhallen's "pro-player". I will show him my Wang (pun intended).

arstal said:
c) SF4 led to a revival

The most valid point in this thread, all different topics included.

Anso said:
Yeah, I'm outraged and whatnot. However I'll get a free t-shirt and have a chance to win some other swag by beating the Swedish store Webhallen's "pro-player". I will show him my Wang (pun intended).
Yeah well, i could show my store's manager my goddamn PENIS i wouldn't get shit.
(but good for you!)

Anso

Fistwell said:
Yeah well, i could show my store's manager my goddamn PENIS i wouldn't get shit.
(but good for you!)

Shop at another store ;) There's usually at least one store in most citys that actually do some PR stuff when the big ones are released.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Ive been plaything this game non stop for like 2 days now. Online isnt the best but its just good enough to where when u have a good fight on a good connection you keep playing. lol

What sucks is Im still super noob so im trying to do the right stuff but will usually lose to some random shit. like no combos just like a couple lows then some random jabs into a mid. nothing cohesive but i have no idea what counters what. :lol

i have gotten some pretty solid combos down for steve... can jam out about 70-80 dmg with each combo so making progress. -_-;

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
arstal said:
VF5 did really, REALLY bad. That said, I think it would do a lot better now- for these reasons

a) The 360 was not accepted as a fighting game platform when VF5 was released. In fact, VF5 was the first legitimate retail fighter (DoA don't count)

b) Install bases are higher

c) SF4 led to a revival

I think they'd sell about 200k if they released at $40.
Pretty sure DoA outsold VF5.

KaYotiX

Banned
Im enjoying the game alot and it looks great on my 52" samsung, the online could use a little work but the 8-9 matches i did play were playable at least.

Ill just enjoy the offline :D

If you are a serious player, forget about busting off any crazy awesome combos online; with this lag it just ain't happening. I played the last 2 hours watching the same moves and combos that I destroyed my cousin with offline, completely whiff while playing online. I would have went 25-0 instead of 19-6 if it wasn't for the Godforsaken lag. SC4 ran like butter compared to this. Offline is where it's at with this Tekken.

JEKKI

xiao yu is awesome!!

I love playing single player and learning all this cool shyt!!!

but then u go online and lose all the time coz of lag!!

LAG!!!

u LAGGIN!!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I almost lost to a Steve who just spammed some downward punch over and over. It comes out so fast and I'd eat like three of them before I could get my ass off the ground. What the hell is that? lawl God, I am terribad, yet I am still winning most of my matches, including that one against ground puncher Steve. Anybody on PS3 and in Cali wanna play? I'll be on most of tonight, PSN is SemblanceKJ.

Also, what's up with the lack of customization on peeps? Was nobody else patient
dumb
enough to grind through Scenario? I've seen only one other person thus far who has dressed up their character :(

LowParry

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Also, what's up with the lack of customization on peeps? Was nobody else patient
dumb
enough to grind through Scenario? I've seen only one other person thus far who has dressed up their character :(

I've got three characters all dressed up for now. Still need to beat campaign though.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
hclflow said:

Dude, just shut the fuck up. You didn't even know what tiers were in a fighting game. And yet you are arguing in a Tekken thread. Stupid scrub. You're nothing more than an unknowledgable retard that is looking mighty stupid. Just stop posting, douche.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I can do CH b+1 ~ b, 2, f21, f21~ b, flk1 alb2 online...I think thats it anyway.. lol

i sitll feel like if i mashed harder id be doing better though.

LowParry

haunts said:
I can do CH b+1 ~ b, 2, f21, f21~ b, flk1 alb2 online...I think thats it anyway.. lol

i sitll feel like if i mashed harder id be doing better though.

You could go the Qdogg route with how he beats the shit out of the d-pad.

KAOS

Loving the game thus far despite it's short comings. The six new characters are all fun to use. I'm using Lar's as my Iori fix since he reminds so much of him! Tekken has the best ( and the worst) characters in 3D fighters.

karasu

GuiltybyAssociation said:
dumb

I'm trying but I just keep getting the same fucking clothes in different colors. It's so annoying!

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
And seriously, the OST is glorious. Best fighting game music since...errr....SFIV? Anyway, Noh Theater = AWESOME

Top Bottom