• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

MrMephistoX said:
Umm this is kind of a special case. The arcade hardware IS a PS3. There is no conceivable reason why the graphics should be inferior on the home version on PS3. Not my sentiments but rather Richard Li of 1UP as I haven't seen the Arcade version.

If the situation were reversed like say if there were an arcade version of Dead or Alive 4 built on 360 hardware and the 360 console version looked inferior I would call the same schenanigans.

Now if say there is more ram or something unique about the Tekken 6 hardware in the arcade that makes it more powerful than the PS3 I'd stand corrected.

At least according to wiki about System 357, the specs for it are exactly the same. Same RAM, same type, amount, speed, the works. The ONLY thing I could possibly think of there being a difference with is that XMB reserves 32MB of the XDR on the PS3 and though 357 apparently uses XMB, it may be stripped down. I doubt ~30MB of RAM would make THIS much of a difference, though.

There is, honestly, NOTHING different between them and they could probably have just slapped the thing onto the PS3 with a full install and been done.

MrDenny

Does anyone know how to get different color rage?
I see the option, but it doesn't allow you to purchase it.

Also, I noticed if you get two connect errors you are penalized with a loss. Any errors after that is also penalized with a loss. Sucks because I got connection errors two times after winning the match, and they still penalized me even though the match was over.

hclflow

MrMephistoX said:
Umm this is kind of a special case. The arcade hardware IS a PS3. There is no conceivable reason why the graphics should be inferior on the home version on PS3. Not my sentiments but rather Richard Li of 1UP as I haven't seen the Arcade version.

If the situation were reversed like say if there were an arcade version of Dead or Alive 4 built on 360 hardware and the 360 console version looked inferior I would call the same schenanigans.

Now if say there is more ram or something unique about the Tekken 6 hardware in the arcade that makes it more powerful than the PS3 I'd stand corrected.

Correction: The arcade hardware is BASED on the PS3. There's a difference. I really can't think of any arcade hardware based on home console architecture that actually mirrors it exactly. Arcade hardware is generally more beefed up. Those old NES multiplay machines back in the day probably just had the guts of an NES, but maybe not. Only thing that pops to mind as a reasonable possibility though.

But, considering I don't know for an absolute fact that this is true, I cannot say with certainty. I can only rely on seeing for years and years of arcade-to-console ports being downgraded visually directly because the console hardware is inferior, period. I do have to say though that the prospect of machines that cost thousands of dollars being absolutely identical to a home console is pretty ludicrous. But hey, a lot of stupid shit has happened this generation, so who knows, right?

Novid said:
If they just had the arcade mode - its worth the money. The game is beyond balanced (of course theres tiers folks

Yeah, this whole "it's really balanced but OF COURSE it has tiers it's a fighter LOLOL" is reeeeeeaaaaally tired. If the fucking game was BEYOND balanced (whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean) then there would be no need for tiers.

Tiers exist in fighting games because the task of perfectly balancing large casts of characters against all possible permutations of matchups would be prohibitively expensive and time-consuming, if not next to impossible. If there are tiers in any given fighting game, it means that it's INHERENTLY unbalanced on some level.

So, T6 happens to suffer the same pitfall as pretty much every fighter ever. I don't count that against it in any way. But the claims from some in this thread are just fucking obnoxious to the objective observer.

It has tiers, and therefore is not "perfectly" or "beyond" balanced. Fuck.

Lyte Edge said:
Umm, yes. That's where I got perfects on Jin and Azrael. I was using Lili. On Azrael, I did nothing but kicks, mainly running and hitting 1+2, or knocking him up with d+1+2 and juggling. No question he's harder in arcade mode. The arena mode feels very dumbed-down compared to arcade.

Just get rid of it, dude. If you aren't going to learn to play for versus, there's no point in keeping it.
I usually start trying to do that after I beat Arcade and watch the endings for every character, which at this point is never going to happen.

And on your first point, congratulations Lyte -- you're a better Tekken player than me. So far I've managed to get endings for three characters I remembered how to play well enough to get by; for everyone else (I've unlocked ~20 characters so far in SC), it's been a ten-minute exercise in futility before I ragequit and move on or switch the system off. Scenario Mode is so utterly retarded; Arcade Mode supposedly doesn't unlock any endings, yet Arena is so short you don't have time to familiarize yourself with a character's moveset before "here's Azazel, enjoy your sodomy!" takes place.

I've got to go into town tomorrow, so I'll end up swinging by GS to see what the trade-in value is. Hopefully it's enough that I won't feel like I wasted $60.

MrDenny

Btw, anyone entering the gamestop tournaments tomorrow?
I didn't sign up yet, so hopefully not everyone shows up so I can get a spot.

allreal

is there another xiaoyu alternate? i remember seeing a pink dress one, how do you get it?

edit: wow...i can't believe i just asked that...

Takuan

I haven't noticed any blurring even with the filter turned ON. On what occasions are you supposed to see it? I have it off at the moment, but I'm grinding force mode exclusively. The way I've been playing, you'd think scenario was the meat of the game :lol

I'm having the hardest time beating the Devil Jin stage, those damned gargoyles just don't stop coming. It's so cheap! But at least I'm getting items out of every attempt.

Edit: Finally beat it. For some strange reason, I had an easier time getting to Jin on Hard mode than on Medium. Anyway, I grabbed the gun and unintentionally sprayed him off the train as he and his cronies charged me :lol

I still have no idea how bound or rage works :lol

hclflow said:
Yeah, this whole "it's really balanced but OF COURSE it has tiers it's a fighter LOLOL" is reeeeeeaaaaally tired. If the fucking game was BEYOND balanced (whatever the fuck that is supposed to mean) then there would be no need for tiers.

I agree the game isn't balanced at all, and neither is VF which is highlighted as one of the more balanced fighters, which I think is more balanced than Tekken/

The downgraded graphics from a "same as PS3" arcade board is weird though. Which is such a shame.

Spike Spiegel said:
I usually start trying to do that after I beat Arcade and watch the endings for every character, which at this point is never going to happen.

And on your first point, congratulations Lyte -- you're a better Tekken player than me. So far I've managed to get endings for three characters I remembered how to play well enough to get by; for everyone else (I've unlocked ~20 characters so far in SC), it's been a ten-minute exercise in futility before I ragequit and move on or switch the system off. Scenario Mode is so utterly retarded; Arcade Mode supposedly doesn't unlock any endings, yet Arena is so short you don't have time to familiarize yourself with a character's moveset before "here's Azazel, enjoy your sodomy!" takes place.

I've got to go into town tomorrow, so I'll end up swinging by GS to see what the trade-in value is. Hopefully it's enough that I won't feel like I wasted $60.
Azazel is a fucker, pure and simple. It's only the auto-block that kills it. For average players like myself we don't stand a hope in hell of getting anywhere against the little shit. Maybe one or two from my favourite characters but that's it.
And what's with the "items" I get in Scenario Campaign? I look at the custom option but none of the items have any info on them, unlike when you get them in SC. Am I missing something here?
Anyway, I think it looks fine, not great but good enough. I like a lot of the new animations. As far as I can tell all the characters I've tried (around half) have been tweaked. I also like the more varied KO poses too. I certainly prefer it to Tekken 5 anyway.
As much as I hate the boss and the SC I will persevere. Who know, maybe they'll patch the game so average players like myself can unlock the character endings. Seems utterly pointless to do them and then only have a percentage of the people with the game good enough to beat the fuvker unlock them.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Slackbladder said:
Azazel is a fucker, pure and simple. It's only the auto-block that kills it. For average players like myself we don't stand a hope in hell of getting anywhere against the little shit. Maybe one or two from my favourite characters but that's it.
And what's with the "items" I get in Scenario Campaign? I look at the custom option but none of the items have any info on them, unlike when you get them in SC. Am I missing something here?
Anyway, I think it looks fine, not great but good enough. I like a lot of the new animations. As far as I can tell all the characters I've tried (around half) have been tweaked. I also like the more varied KO poses too. I certainly prefer it to Tekken 5 anyway.
As much as I hate the boss and the SC I will persevere. Who know, maybe they'll patch the game so average players like myself can unlock the character endings. Seems utterly pointless to do them and then only have a percentage of the people with the game good enough to beat the fuvker unlock them.

You'll be pleased to know that after you beat Scenario mode, character endings are unlocked randomly as you play the game in any mode.

Example - I played VS mode battles for 10 minutes and unlocked Heihachi's ending.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Takuan said:
I haven't noticed any blurring even with the filter turned ON. On what occasions are you supposed to see it? I have it off at the moment, but I'm grinding force mode exclusively. The way I've been playing, you'd think scenario was the meat of the game :lol

I'm having the hardest time beating the Devil Jin stage, those damned gargoyles just don't stop coming. It's so cheap! But at least I'm getting items out of every attempt.

Edit: Finally beat it. For some strange reason, I had an easier time getting to Jin on Hard mode than on Medium. Anyway, I grabbed the gun and unintentionally sprayed him off the train as he and his cronies charged me :lol

I still have no idea how bound or rage works :lol

Bound is just a juggle off the floor. Basically, MORE juggling. Sometimes from within combos, sometimes you start combos with it.

Rage is crap. You get hit to near death and you deal double damage or nearabouts. If you win, it feels cheap.

Otherwise, nice game.

Takuan

boutrosinit said:
... I played VS mode battles for 10 minutes and unlocked Heihachi's ending.

Bound is just a juggle off the floor. Basically, MORE juggling. Sometimes from within combos, sometimes you start combos with it.

Rage is crap. You get hit to near death and you deal double damage or nearabouts. If you win, it feels cheap.

Otherwise, nice game.
That explains how Miguel's ending randomly unlocked for me while I was grinding in scenario mode.

I'll have to check out a Dragunov guide to figure out what his bound moves are, because I can't do anything special at all with him at the moment. Or I could just watch a combo vid and try to replicate what I see there, but I can't even replicate Sample Combo 5 in Practice mode, finding it extremely difficult to connect with the last ff2, so I'll probably have difficulty with advanced stuff.

jmro

jmro said:
You're right, it looks nothing like Tekken 5: DR. Tekken 5 DR runs in 1080P

CcrooK said:
I don't even think I want to bother proving people wrong. Just get rid of the
game. Nothing but whiny bitches.

What I said wasn't an insult to the game, just stating the facts in a snarky way.

I really like the gameplay, I just wish they'd found a way to do it in high res. I think the 360 version looks much better in 768p. Its not like the characters are better looking than SC4, and I really don't care much about the backgrounds.

Graphics complaints aside, the only real problem with the game is the online. The gameplay is great, and if that is the case who gives a shit how old it looks.

@Jekki - rofl

This game is teh hawtness. Online play fuckin sucks though, no if ands or buts. Have no idea how people got positive impressions of net play.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Spike Spiegel said:

Dude, I literally did the scrubbiest, most beginner-ish stuff possible! :lol I wasn't doing anything more than rapidly hitting forward and mashing the kicks on Azazel. Side-stepping was probably the most complex thing I did.

I mean, yeah, the last boss is cheap. Yeah, scenario mode sucks. Why not play the actual game, get better, then go and get the endings? Or just watch them on Youtube? I'm not even going to bother getting the endings until I finish the scenario mode. And another point about arcade mode, is that you don't get the prologues for the characters like you do in arena.

No offense Spike, and maybe not directed at you since I don't know what you play, but I will never understand the people who buy Tekken games just to go through it single player and get the endings. Back in my game shop days, we'd get people selling the games right after release, saying "Yeah man, I beat it." What does that even mean for a fighting game? :lol

I'm back! I'll have to make sure to read the forum rules once a month to avoid this kind of thing in the future, since things have changed mightily since I first registered. I missed all of the fun from the week before launch day up until now.

Anyways, I dunno.... I'm LOVING the game. Although I've owned every single Tekken since the first one, they kind of lost me after TTT. They've definitely won me back with this one.

Gameplay: Ri-DONK-ulous. My favorite changes are the tweaked juggle scaling and the 120% damage for ground hits. You can still base your game around juggling, but if you prefer to play a ground game, that works just fine too. To me, this can't be stressed enough. 38 unique characters that are nicely balanced overall, especially considering the cast/movelist size and diversity is remarkable. Bound is cool all in all. It doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Rage, while a fantastic concept, hopefully gets toned down a bit. The only negative to me personally is the lack of a guard button and 8WR/ARM. Although Tekken definitely has it's own advanced blocking and movement systems, it still feels really archaic and overall counter intuitive to what I've come to expect from a 3D fighting game.

If Namco put in a system like VF's ARM (character specific movement without special moves) combined with SC2/3's retreating guard and still let any movement be cancelled with a single tap of another direction, all of those advanced systems would still work.

Graphics: I think the game looks good (not great). I guess we've grown so accustomed to Namco ports looking better than the arcade, that this was a shock. The models and lighting look pretty good, but the low resolution and muddy textures are perplexing. I'm digging the look and design of the stages, but to only have 16 selectable stages (18 if you count the two stupidly random select only stages) in a game with 38 characters is real weaksauce. I'm not sure why Namco has decided to go this direction, but more stages = better. What does look *great* is the revamped animation. The dated animation of the past few Tekkens really put me off, but GODDAMN is this thing beautiful in motion. It's smooth, fast, weighty and full of impact.

Sound: Fuck awesome. Hard hits, bone crunching sound, characters that either speak in their native tongue or with an accent. I really love it all. But the music? SEX. Namco definitely came with my favorite music in a fighter since SC1.

Online: For some reason, I get good (not great) quality matches in Player matches, but when I go ranked, it's LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGG time. Namco *really* dropped the ball here.

Extras: I thought all in all Namco really brought it with the number of modes. That said, there are a good number of issues. The lack of a record function in Practice Mode is laughable.I'm perfectly cool with the endings. I think nostalgia is clouding many people's memories of past endings. The customization system is really cool, and really fitting to the character's personalities. I wished we could have four costumes (or five for those with special thirds), but what we SHOULD have had is the ability to use customs on P2. Scenario Campaign would be ok if they would given us a freaking controllable camera. Seriously Namco... SERIOUSLY? How did this get left out?
Yet another reason to include a block button, as Namco is hellbent on including Tekken Force in every iteration.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's bullshit for Namco to *not* include Tag mode. Will I eventually buy TTT2? Yes, but I hate that Namco's gonna get me for another 60 bucks for what should essentially be another mode in the main game.

Still, the game gets a B+ from me, because when I'm playing Versus mode, it's orgasmic. Depending on the quality of the online patch, the game could move up to A+ and my fighting game of the generation.

Lyte Edge said:
Dude, I literally did the scrubbiest, most beginner-ish stuff possible! :lol I wasn't doing anything more than rapidly hitting forward and mashing the kicks on Azazel. Side-stepping was probably the most complex thing I did.

I just put the difficulty on Easy, set the rounds to one, and beat the guy with EVERY character with simple jab strings. I don't see what the big deal is.

Xevren

To people complaining about Azazel just try fighting the Jin near the end of scenario, he's just retarded. I never had much issues with Azazel but this fight is just stupid. I'm glad I rented this game because I'm not liking it at all. Online has been a laggy mess and that was the only way I wanted to play this game.

Lucky flamethrower spawn! God, that battle was beyond stupid.

Saterium

Xevren said:
To people complaining about Azazel just try fighting the Jin near the end of scenario, he's just retarded. I never had much issues with Azazel but this fight is just stupid. I'm glad I rented this game because I'm not liking it at all. Online has been a laggy mess and that was the only way I wanted to play this game.

Lucky flamethrower spawn! God, that battle was beyond stupid.

Yeah the only way I found to kill him was to cheese him out with Devil Jins eye beams while Raven kept him busy.. Really, really dumb fight.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh...I'm so much better with Asuka than my record suggests...

Online is a laggy piece of shit. I guess I can just make do with ghost upload/downloads

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I finally popped the game in and played some SC. God, the storyline is awful. :lol

Making Alisa look like she came out of Top Gun, though, makes it worth it. :D

Caj814

Did the Online mode go down for anyone else?I can't seem to join or create a session period or is the netcode proving to be that bad once again?

EDIT:Nevermind.

It seems like Online has another shitmark to add to the list.I'm guessing it occasionally cuts you off from being able to access any of the online features unless you restart the game from the dashboard.

OMG! So, I bought the game today and played it for over 6 hours (mainly Campaign Mode) and topped it off just now with some online matches.

They were very tolerable for me and I managed to pull off combos so I don't know if this is what everyone's feeling to deem it trash. Of course, it is 2AM so I may have had less traffic, so to speak.

Anyway, holy shit...I can't believe I've been missing out on Tekken! Has it always been this fucking awesome!? WHY DID I HATE IT BEFORE!? (Youthful ignorance, unfortunately) So, I start up the game and go into practice...since this all totally new to me, I don't know who most of these characters are and just pick someone who looks interesting
AKA hot
and ended up picking Lars. I then picked Lightning Storm and it was instant love...Lars is fucking awesome and the music in that stage...OMFG! SO. AWESOME.

Man, I actually like Campaign Mode, too XD

I want to learn Lars and Lili--I love the way she moves. So cool.

I bought it on 360, btw, and the d-pad isn't bad for me at all :D I've gotten pretty used to the 360 pad and actually love it. And, yeah, I suck ass at the moment XD I hope to get better soon.

unomas

Banned
I'm hoping the online experience is good for me, I haven't purchased a Tekken game since tag back on the PS2. I'm cracking open my copy tomorrow.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Lyte Edge said:
Dude, I literally did the scrubbiest, most beginner-ish stuff possible! :lol I wasn't doing anything more than rapidly hitting forward and mashing the kicks on Azazel. Side-stepping was probably the most complex thing I did.l
yeah, that's how i usually beat it in the arena - mash punches, a few kicks, avoid juggernaut attack, rinse, repeat. is it me or is azazel considerably easier in scenario mode than in arcade? the fucker gave me tough time in arcade.

Monocle

So I just played 20 online matches. About one third of them were plagued with terrible lag per the usual, but surprisingly, another third of them were playable and the final third were decent to good. For a few moments I was able to glimpse the potential of a Tekken game with a well-coded online mode, and it was shiny.

Highlights:

- Killed someone with Yoshi's 1,2,1,4,4,4,1,1,1,1 tenstring, LOL.

- Connected a b,b+1+4 (the stabbing unblockable that takes forever and a day to charge).

- Flashed a mashy Xiaoyu to death. Run up, 4~1 into Flea combo, repeat.

- Got a backthrow on a Jin who had no idea how to deal with sidestepping.

- Earned my last two achievements. 1000/1000 in three days. Way easier than Soul Calibur 4. (Bit of a disappointment, to be honest.)

On a less positive note, even the good games had a touch of lag that threw off my juggles. The best I was able to muster was d/f+2,2, 1,1, b+2,1 with Yoshi. How embarrassing. Couldn't even manage to finish with b+2,1,1+2, KIN f+2, goddammit. Also, a Lars kicked my ass and I wanted to save the replay to study, only to discover that replays can't be saved in unranked mode. Balls. I want a patch, Namco.

Oh, by the way, to beat Azazel just spam fast punch strings. I got several perfects with Nina's 1,2,1,2 and Steve's 1,2,1. To beat Nancy, spam SS 3+4 with King. Just stay on the ground whenever she attacks and you should smoke her no problem.

Agyar

Is there any reason (e.g. controllers) to go with one platform over the other? It was a given I would be purchasing on 360 until I picked up a PS3 today, so I'm questioning which would be a better fit. Most play will be local versus/arcade, with stock controllers, so online isn't really an issue and I probably won't be buying a stick of any description. Will the PS3 controller be a better match due to the better Dpad? I played a bit of Tekken of PS2 and often switched between the dpad and analogue stick so I don't really know which is preferable given a choice. Any advice?

Sorry if I missed console warz earlier in the thread, I had a look and couldn't find any answers.

Monocle

Agyar said:
Is there any reason (e.g. controllers) to go with one platform over the other? It was a given I would be purchasing on 360 until I picked up a PS3 today, so I'm questioning which would be a better fit. Most play will be local versus/arcade, with stock controllers, so online isn't really an issue and I probably won't be buying a stick of any description. Will the PS3 controller be a better match due to the better Dpad? I played a bit of Tekken of PS2 and often switched between the dpad and analogue stick so I don't really know which is preferable given a choice. Any advice?

Sorry if I missed console warz earlier in the thread, I had a look and couldn't find any answers.
The 360 pad is fucking terrible for fighting games. DS3 all the way. If you'd rather own T6 on 360, though, there's a good controller adapter that SDTekken.com has a review for. I don't have the link at the moment, but you should try to find it.

Agyar said:
Is there any reason (e.g. controllers) to go with one platform over the other?
Meh, people are going to tell you the 360 d-pad is absolute shit for fighting games, but those people either don't have the red controller and/or aren't patient enough to get used to it.

I'm used to it for fighting games and like I said above, I love it.

ZoddGutts

dragonlife29 said:
Meh, people are going to tell you the 360 d-pad is absolute shit for fighting games, but those people either don't have the red controller and/or aren't patient enough to get used to it.

I'm used to it for fighting games and like I said above, I love it.

Such BS been playing SF4 on PC using the 360 contoller freaking unresponsive can't pull certain moves because of how horrible the D-PAD is, heck I have to use the controller stick instead which surprising works quite well, the D-PAD sucks though.

Xevren

How anyone could play with that piece of shit d-pad is beyond me. I have a TE stick and some SF 4 fightpads, I generally prefer playing tekken on a pad over a stick so the fightpad really plays the game perfectly for me.

Agyar

Sounds like I should take advantage of my new PS3, or is assuming the DS3 Dpad is any better not correct? I know the 360 dpad is fairly shocking but I haven't had much of an opportunity yet to play with the DS3 controller's dpad so I'm unsure.

I haven't had any issue online with people who have had good connects. I did play someone with a bad one though, and that was not a pleasant experience. There was so much lag there it actually became comical.

...and I still haven't gotten an email back for my DLC :^/

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
man i am surprised by the amount of hate mail I've already accrued from only two nights of online play..seriously..i get my fair share in SF4 but tekken just turned it up on me...things i have learned.

if you come across a Hworang or Baek (what are the odds) in a less then optimal connection DO NOT under any circumstance attempt to poke, sidestep or in any way counter their forward kick spam..the gentlemanly and the right thing to do is to stand and get hit preferably with minimum fuss ..then post fight you must message the said player and thank them for bestowing their godlike prowess upon your feeble self as only they have figured out the proper mastery of the high, low, two move mixup/spam while the rest of us peasants wallow in our multiple input hell.

DO NOT sidestep Devil Jin's beams...instead run straight at him from full screen while he flies over your head and shoots you in the back..i mean if we were meant to dodge those things namco would have given EVERYONE wings.

while playing against a law player you are only allowed to block 5 consecutive strikes..either get hit by the sixth or the tekken force itself will fast rope descent from a chopper, smash through your window and pour hot coffee on your hands and lap from their high tech thermoses.

and the last thing I've learned is that for every time I block Bryan's sweep a random person on XBL will have sex with some female member of my family.

boutrosinit said:
You'll be pleased to know that after you beat Scenario mode, character endings are unlocked randomly as you play the game in any mode.

Example - I played VS mode battles for 10 minutes and unlocked Heihachi's ending.
Good news, though beating the SC looks like it'll be tough. I will take the advice of others on how to beat Azazel.
I do like how the characters look in general. Stances have been modified, movement greatly improved (I do like Law - spot which Bruce Lee film inspired a move) and the models of the characters are, in general, pretty good. However, what the fuck is up with Jin's hands? They're bloody enormous! A few of the characters have huge hands, including female ones like Nina. Paul's face looks a little too young and a few of the other 'original' characters look a little rough. But the changes have been for the better and I won't be going back to Tekken 5:DR on my HDD. May as well delete it.

Masamuna

People need to realize that Tekken's AI is exploitable that its not even funny. Random tips for Azazel:

Quick strings like Steve's 112, Yoshi's NSS 121 etc DESTROY his super armor. Just spam till he croaks.

Quick safe power moves like Ling's f+1+2, Ganny's f+1+2 also give him hella trouble. You're not really spamming these moves as the super armor can override them, they're more for whiff punish.

If you do launch him, once you get him binded go for an unblockable. 9 times out of ten he will sit there and take because he's so huge, and the other 1/10th time he'll teleport.

The biggest tip: put the game on one round/easy difficulty.

And BAM! there it is.

I remember this yesterday while playing on the Jungle stage in T6. I remember there was a video showing a physics engine displaying the water movements. Something that's not apparent in the final release of the game....What the fuck was it? *Google Skills to the rescue!* Here it is Octave Engine. My bad if this was already discuss in the other T6 thread.

zoukka

ShinobiFist said:
I remember this yesterday while playing on the Jungle stage in T6. I remember there was a video showing a physics engine displaying the water movements. Something that's not apparent in the final release of the game....What the fuck was it? *Google Skills to the rescue!* Here it is Octave Engine. My bad if this was already discuss in the other T6 thread.

Yeah that level looked like it had the water effects of Tekken 4 :/

Feindflug

MrMephistoX said:
It does look fine but I'm surprised no one has picked up on Richard Li's comments in the 1UP review. Inferior graphically to the arcade version? Isn't it running off of a PS3? Methinks MS complained and the port had to be gimped to run on 360 stably.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3176688

"The visuals aren't as striking and impressive as the arcade release; turning off the default motion blur helps a bit, but arcade purists will still be disappointed."

WTF? Isn't Tekken 6 an arcade-perfect port on the consoles? o_O

Anyway my copy will arrive in 2-3 days the most from play-asia (along with Bordelands), I can't wait to finally play the freakin' game..Namco hopefully will release a patch and fix some of the problems of the online play.

Hey GAF, quick question;
Is Tekken 6 worth buying for someone who isn't the slightest bit competitive, therefore will not go online with it at all?
Is there lots of characters to unlock? Story mode? etc, i'm only interested in value for money outside of online play.
I generally buy Tekken games but i'm too busy these days to spend money a game i don't want to play in the little time i have to myself
I enjoyed Tekken 5 DR.

Top Bottom