• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Can anyone recommend a decent game pad? I picked up the 360 version and find the default d-pad more or less unuseable for my main (Paul). I don't fancy a stick as I've only used PS controllers which I'm used to now, I looked at the Hori SF4 pads but I can't get a plain one and they're all plastered with crappy artwork.

LowParry

i hate bees said:
Can anyone recommend a decent game pad? I picked up the 360 version and find the default d-pad more or less unuseable for my main (Paul). I don't fancy a stick as I've only used PS controllers which I'm used to now, I looked at the Hori SF4 pads but I can't get a plain one and they're all plastered with crappy artwork.

Get a converter.

CcrooK said:
Get a converter.

I had a look at this but it looks like they all require you to have a wired 360 controller, I've only got 2 wireless and don't fancy buying a third controller just to facilitate making use of a PS2 control :(

I use the analog stick when I'm not using my stick. I don't think I've ever seen anyone else do this, DOA4 conditioned me this way. I'm good enough with it to not have to bring my stick around just to play with friends.

Wired pads work with Windows out of the box, FYI. I'd recommend picking one up.

GrayFoxPL

dragonlife29 said:
Gallery > Movie Theater > Ending. You'll get a screen of the characters' portraits. If any of them have a gold/yellow lock you haven't gotten it. Go to prologue, too, because you don't get the Arena prologues for endings you unlocked with play time alone. If that's the case, just begin a fight with the character you're missing and after seeing the prologue, just quit.

If you're adding to what I said about getting an update...I'm on the 360 and didn't get the update well until I started the game.

You meant that? Heh. I thought you mean there's % ratio info somewhere.
I got all endings and prologues, I even advised few posts above how to get them.
2 endings for Armor King and Jin. Every double character ending and prologue.

Fuck, must be a glitch.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
When am I ever NOT cool?

:D

I'll be giving away a few sticks on the stream too, so don't miss out! If I recognize a NeoGAFFer I might play favorites <3

lol

When you have no pants on. OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

still working on learning Lili, got Asuka down pretty good, still need a third character to learn. I blame MW2 and the netcode for me not playing as much as i should....i still have faith though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The patch didn't get delayed. It's still on schedule. But yea, just know it's soon.

So enjoy your weekend and don't worry/wait for it like crazy!

Kadey said:
No. I'm on to YOU. :D

That sounds sexy. Acceptable. You win today.

Caj814

MarkMan said:
The patch didn't get delayed. It's still on schedule. But yea, just know it's soon.

So enjoy your weekend and don't worry/wait for it like crazy!

That sounds sexy. Acceptable. You win today.

Does that also mean the podcast is coming by the weekend or next week?

I didn't realize until just now that I could change the background of the main menu. I'm glad because I think the default stage is most bland stage in terms of both visuals and music.

I picked the stage with the sheep since I don't see it often enough. I hate how the sheep stage isn't on the stage select screen!...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
riskVSreward said:
I don't think a patch is capable of that.

Given how netcode trashed the sales of Tekken 6 , it might.

Then again, the question that has to be asked: 2009: fighting game revival, or Street Fighter revival?

arstal said:
Given how netcode trashed the sales of Tekken 6 , it might.

Then again, the question that has to be asked: 2009: fighting game revival, or Street Fighter revival?

Fighting Game revival. BB did fairly well for a new I.P. in the fighting game genre. The other two(KOF and T6)Had one thing in common, horrible netcode(And among other things)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
ShinobiFist said:
Fighting Game revival. BB did fairly well for a new I.P. in the fighting game genre. The other two(KOF and T6)Had one thing in common, horrible netcode(And among other things)

BB benefitted from the anime fan crowd getting behind it hardcore. It was rather dramatic- to the point where one of my artist friends, whose only video game experience was Super Swing Golf, and couldn't identify Ryu from Dan, asked me what Blazblue was and why so many people were cosplaying it. (He does catgirls, so it's possible Taokaka cosplays interested in)

SC4 survived shitty netcode, though I don't think SC4's issues were obvious to the untrained eye. I don't know how much the Star Wars garbage helped SC4 out. Game would have sold 2mil without it I think.

Tekken doing as poor as it did, despite the netcode issues, is surprising, but deserved.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
arstal said:
Tekken doing as poor as it did, despite the netcode issues, is surprising, but deserved.
How much has T6 sold? I thought every Tekken sold millions and millions, what happened?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Seiken said:
How much has T6 sold? I thought every Tekken sold millions and millions, what happened?

The last confirmed data had the game under 300k after the first week (no exact figure, but 300k was the max possible, it was likely close to that). By comparison
SFIV and SCIV were over 2.5mil worldwide
BB did over 1mil worldwide.

Capcom probably made the most money, Aksys best return on investment. Both companies deserve it. Namco probably made good money on SC, and lost a good bit on Tekken 6. SNK definitely lost big on KOF- the question is do they stay in, or stick to what they're good at now, which is witch touching games and pachinko.

Tekken 5 sold millions, but many were greatest hits sales.

Really, 3 was the commercial peak of the series, it's been downhill ever since (excuseable in Tag's case as a launch title)

Will the next Tekken get a console release is a legitimate question. I bet Tekken in the arcades also will peak at 6, just like how VF peaked with 4.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That sounds terrible... I don't know what to say.

Oh well, the previous best fighter of all time (3s) didn't sell well either.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Seiken said:
That sounds terrible... I don't know what to say.

Oh well, the previous best fighter of all time (3s) didn't sell well either.

3s has some excuses for its sales, being a Dreamcast title, and then not coming out for years, with the arcade coming out right when most US arcades were dying. SC4 and SF4 were the first fighters to really use being a console game effectively, instead of just an arcade port.

That said CvS 2 >>> Aggressors of Dark Kombat ^_^ > 3S.

V_Arnold

arstal said:
The last confirmed data had the game under 300k after the first week (no exact figure, but 300k was the max possible, it was likely close to that). By comparison
SFIV and SCIV were over 2.5mil worldwide
BB did over 1mil worldwide.

Capcom probably made the most money, Aksys best return on investment. Both companies deserve it. Namco probably made good money on SC, and lost a good bit on Tekken 6. SNK definitely lost big on KOF- the question is do they stay in, or stick to what they're good at now, which is witch touching games and pachinko.

Tekken 5 sold millions, but many were greatest hits sales.

Really, 3 was the commercial peak of the series, it's been downhill ever since (excuseable in Tag's case as a launch title)

Will the next Tekken get a console release is a legitimate question. I bet Tekken in the arcades also will peak at 6, just like how VF peaked with 4.

Uhm, excuse me, but there is no way BlazBlue has did "over 1 mil worldwide".
Numbers from USA, June 2009: (NPD)
BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER 36,570 (PS3)
BLAZBLUE: CALAMITY TRIGGER 28,905 (360)

Numbers from Jap (Media Create) open, June 22.-28:
05.[PS3] BlazBlue (Arc System Works) - 34,000 (-)
06.[360] BlazBlue (Arc System Works) - 25,000 (-)

There is no way it is anywhere near 1 milion. Eu launch is yet to come.

V_Arnold

arstal said:
http://spitpod.com/index.php/2009/09/07/blazblue-game-sales-has-reached-1-2-million-worldwide/

This site claims 1.2mil. I do find it hard to believe, but I can't find a credible source to contradict it, and I saw a lot of my XBL list playing it- so I gotta believe.

I'm sure it's somewhere between the 300k and the 1.2mil.

Nah, that does not cite any source, and the wording of the actual "news" is something along the lines of idiocity and fanboy rant. No one will even try to contradict this.

GrayFoxPL

According to Harada, the Tekken series up to Tekken 5 sold over 34 millions. That's crazy.
So I find it hard to believe T6 would flop at least in the long run. Though I admit this is the laziest Tekken port they ever did. But maybe it should count for nothing as Sega did fantastic port of VF5 and it sold like 9 copies.

Btw. Harada said that most Tekken sales come from Europe. Maybe some kind of gratitude, a little bit of stroking for us euro guys huh? At least a western grip handjob or something.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GrayFoxPL said:
According to Harada, the Tekken series up to Tekken 5 sold over 34 millions. That's crazy.
So I find it hard to believe T6 would flop at least in the long run. Though I admit this is the laziest Tekken port they ever did. But maybe it should count for nothing as Sega did fantastic port of VF5 and it sold like 9 copies.

Btw. Harada said that most Tekken sales come from Europe. Maybe some kind of gratitude, a little bit of stroking for us euro guys huh? At least a western grip handjob or something.

Yeah I'll admit the numbers are hard to believe. I thought I read a press release somewhere else though- but I couldn't find the source.

VF sales were as bad as KOF12- but I blame a lot of the VF sales on no online for PS3, being a launch title on systems with low userbases and no one trusting the 360 as a fighting game console when VF5 was released. I think if Sega had skipped VF5 and released 5R this year in June- it would have sold much better.

Yoshichan

zoukka said:
I know.

Namco. Fucking. Sucks.

Thus deserves this.
...?

It was a small step for fighters and one giant leap for SF, thats for sure. It should be obvious that only SF has really returned to the mainstream, but it has ultimately spurned some interest in other fighters. If we consider the amount of people who picked up SF, it's safe to say that the great majority of them are "casual fans." Casual fans do not follow message boards such as this as regularly as us, they don't get all of the details on the game before buying it. It's safe to say, casual fans do not give a shit about netcode (enough to research it in advance, I'm sure no one is happy with T6s netcode.) I have a hard time believing that word spread to all of the casuals that T6 has shitty netcode, they probably just aren't interested in the series at all.

This is why I say a patch is not going to boost sales. Either they're not interested to begin with, or will not know about the patch, or will not think it is going to help anything due to what their friends are saying etc... The game is not going to suddenly explode in popularity due to a patch, it's very very unlikely.

EDIT: Namco does suck, they prove it time and time again. It doesn't stop me from enjoying Tekken though, they still made a good fighting engine. They aren't called Scamco for no reason at all though. SC4 is the last SC game I get due to the overall bad experience as well as the DLC characters, that was fucking ridiculous. To be perfectly honest, the quality of this upcoming patch will determine whether I get T7 or not too. I refuse to keep getting wallet raped by a big Japanese company that doesn't give two shits about me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
riskVSreward said:
This is why I say a patch is not going to boost sales.

I agree. The damage has been done. I don't think the patch will fix people's opinion on scenario campaign, the "it's the same playing tekken" mentality so many casual players are saying and all the little things like loading everywhere. This thread being as slow moving as it is, is a testament to that.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The only fighting game that has blown up and shown lasting power on GAF is SF4. Doesn't mean it's the same thing everywhere, however.

fernoca

LiveFromKyoto said:
His date formatting is perfectly acceptable depending on where he's from.
Well, I was just asking..since maybe I missed some memo talking about a year exclusive UMD release or something.. :p ..though December 10th or December 2010 I'll get it, heck I'm happy with either date, since that means some extra money for a few weeks.. :p

Lyte Edge said:
The only fighting game that has blown up and shown lasting power on GAF is SF4. Doesn't mean it's the same thing everywhere, however.
The sales figures show that it isn't just GAF. The SF representation on GAF is probably accurately reflected across all message boards.

fernoca

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, another example is Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe..that game outsold Soulcalibur IV yet it barely got (if any) mention at all, aside the usual "MK sucks, why do they continue making it"..and the rare "well the game is good and fun"....as always GAF-threads are not related to game-sales/acceptance.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
What? You're supposed to fight back. Can't get right. Nooooooooooooooo. -=runs=-

You're lucky I'm at work.

I'm flying out to NCR tonight, when I get to the airport I'm going to write a lengthy complaint post about you!

lol.

---

Patch is next week guys, don't trip!

I know it won't help sales, but who cares. Play the game and enjoy it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
You're lucky I'm at work.

I'm flying out to NCR tonight, when I get to the airport I'm going to write a lengthy complaint post about you!

lol.

I'm going to call you big brother Marky from now on.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
riskVSreward said:
It was a small step for fighters and one giant leap for SF, thats for sure. It should be obvious that only SF has really returned to the mainstream, but it has ultimately spurned some interest in other fighters. If we consider the amount of people who picked up SF, it's safe to say that the great majority of them are "casual fans." Casual fans do not follow message boards such as this as regularly as us, they don't get all of the details on the game before buying it. It's safe to say, casual fans do not give a shit about netcode (enough to research it in advance, I'm sure no one is happy with T6s netcode.) I have a hard time believing that word spread to all of the casuals that T6 has shitty netcode, they probably just aren't interested in the series at all.

If casuals don't care about code, why did BB sell and KOF not sell? Both games appeal to the animu crowd, gameplay-wise they were about the same quality also, though different games entirely. I think the pirates giving the early heads-up on the shitty netcode spread fast. Casuals do read the general gaming sites, which had warnings before launch.

Lesson to publishers: unless you're 100% confident in your online, do not let people play online before launch. Period.

Casuals don't play in tournies, they play online.

SF4 does well because it gives something to players of all skill levels, despite its flaws. (hopefully SSF4 corrects more then it adds)

Top Bottom