• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

G0DLIKE

Lyte Edge said:
AUS/NZ? Someone else said that it was just priced display cases. If anything, it means next week is definitely the release date, despite the Japanese release date being next year.

So I called EB to confirm that it's for sale and they said Dec. 10. I told them, it was on the 'New Release' shelf with the price and on their website http://www.ebgames.co.nz/psp/product.cfm?id=14846&refer=rightcol. They were like "Oh shit, someone fucked up!".

What a fail. Oh well, gives me more time to get a PSP.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is the first game I've gotten platinum in.
It wasn't hard at all. There were some trial and error stuff that was more time consuming and annoying rather than difficult. Applying rpg mechanics really helps in SC. I beat Nightmare train on my first try despite thinking it would be really hard thanks to people saying it is.

Customization is so so. SCIV is much more deep and better implemented. I only managed to create a really bad looking KOS-MOS (not even the 4th version at that) while SCIV lets you create a near perfect one.

You know people aren't playing online when you run into the same damn person 4-5 times in the span of an hour.

No one is really talking about the game online or off wherever I frequent so I don't know whether the game is dead or what. Offline friends actually prefer playing DR to 6.

Another random match I've captured.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IRYhws7X0I&fmt=22

Caj814

I really hope online does get improved through the patch.If not this game is gonna get buried early as far as popularity and the volume of new players goes.At least the Tekken vets will stick with it though.

GrayFoxPL

Kadey said:
This is the first game I've gotten platinum in.
It wasn't hard at all. There were some trial and error stuff that was more time consuming and annoying rather than difficult. Applying rpg mechanics really helps in SC. I beat Nightmare train on my first try despite thinking it would be really hard thanks to people saying it is.

Customization is so so. SCIV is much more deep and better implemented. I only managed to create a really bad looking KOS-MOS (not even the 4th version at that) while SCIV lets you create a near perfect one.

You know people aren't playing online when you run into the same damn person 4-5 times in the span of an hour.

No one is really talking about the game online or off wherever I frequent so I don't know whether the game is dead or what. Offline friends actually prefer playing DR to 6.

Another random match I've captured.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IRYhws7X0I&fmt=22

You speaketh many truths in yer post.

I also have it almost platinumed. I think I'm missing 2 or 3 little trophies I must just find the fucking Mokujin on Scenario. Annoying. Grrr. I'm not using any faqs or net help. This will be my first and most likely only game I get platinium, lol.
Nightmare train was hard for me, because I used Lars and he sucks against crowds. I couldn't be bothered to go back to begining to upgrade another character. I finally beat Devil Jin by juggling him out of the train. :lol :lol :lol

Right about the customs. I generally dislike customisation in fighting games and thought 90% of items in DR was junk. But I did find some of the items I found cool or funny and made really good alternative outfits for 2 characters. First was 80-ties rocker Julia that was fuck awesome and had that Bubblegum Crisis Priss vibe, second was traveling fish seller Wang Jinrei also cool and didn't change the character's personality.
Now the naive ol' me thought I will get in T6 all the items from DR and then some so I could remake "my" characters from DR. Shit.
Also anyone remembers the cat item on Beaks leg or dog on Pauls head in DR? I thought those were hilarious and I seriously thought they will be in T6 with new physics and all that shit. Fuck, Namco why?

I experienced playing the same oponnent 5 times in ranked too. I must check this, but it's possibble that more people are playing online DR only in Europe then whole world in T6.

Wish I could see your match but my rig is way to weak to handle that resolution stream. Got anything in low resolution?

comedian

I unfortunately never accomplished the tutorial stage in SC, apparently i went straight to the first level. Can't seem to be able to do it, any suggestions?

GrayFoxPL

comedian said:
I unfortunately never accomplished the tutorial stage in SC, apparently i went straight to the first level. Can't seem to be able to do it, any suggestions?

There is a tutorial stage?

So I got my copy in the mail today from the Amazon deal. The gameplay is great, I really only have one qualm. WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT AZAZEL WAS A GOOD IDEA? I finally finished an Arcade playthrough (basically just for the trophy) and that son of a bitch took me around 40 tries. Finally beat him with Devil Jin by spamming 1 and 2. Other than that though, it is good (besides the busted online, but hopefully that is fixed soon)

darkressurection said:
So I got my copy in the mail today from the Amazon deal. The gameplay is great, I really only have one qualm. WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT AZAZEL WAS A GOOD IDEA? I finally finished an Arcade playthrough (basically just for the trophy) and that son of a bitch took me around 40 tries. Finally beat him with Devil Jin by spamming 1 and 2. Other than that though, it is good (besides the busted online, but hopefully that is fixed soon)

1,2/2,1 all day.

Taurus

Got all achievements yesterday. Nancy was one tough sob. :lol

I'm still utterly disappointed with the game's flaws (bad netcode, outdated graphics, terrible scenario campaign mode). On the other hand it's been a blast on local multiplayer, just like earlier Tekkens too.

Degen

RelentlessRolento said:
everyone has a 1,2/2,1 string. just spam it.
Eddy/Christie's jump kick (u/f+4?) is pretty funny to spam on Azazazazaz. I swear it's an infinite juggle half the time.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I finally beat the Azazel level. I just needed to take advantage of the checkpoints that popped up when I restart instead of quitting to the world map.

Now, I'm unlocking the endings randomly... but not the character prologues? Is it supposed to do that?

y2dvd

twinturbo2 said:
Now, I'm unlocking the endings randomly... but not the character prologues? Is it supposed to do that?

I'm wondering about this too. Maybe it'll unlock prologues after all of the endings are unlocked?

GrayFoxPL

y2dvd said:
I'm wondering about this too. Maybe it'll unlock prologues after all of the endings are unlocked?

Prologues are unlocked by starting Arena with every character.

I have different problem. I got all endings, prologues, missions done in scenario and the gallery trophy doesn't unlock.

Anyone? Glitch?

GrayFoxPL said:
Prologues are unlocked by starting Arena with every character.

I have different problem. I got all endings, prologues, missions done in scenario and the gallery trophy doesn't unlock.

Anyone? Glitch?
Did you confirm this by going into extras to see the locked/unlocked ratio in endings and prologues? If they're all full, make sure you've used Panda and not just Kuma. She is costume 2, I think.

GrayFoxPL

dragonlife29 said:
Did you confirm this by going into extras to see the locked/unlocked ratio in endings and prologues? If they're all full, make sure you've used Panda and not just Kuma. She is costume 2, I think.

Didn't know there was ratio information somewhere! Thank you so much!

Panda and Kuma used, but maybe I missed something else.

Taurus

GrayFoxPL said:
Didn't know there was ratio information somewhere! Thank you so much!

Panda and Kuma used, but maybe I missed something else.
Some characters have two endings, for example Armor King.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
Of course I will. But the most important thing is to enjoy yourself and just be cool. They'll be a lot of gaffers so I'll root for them all.

When am I ever NOT cool?

:D

I'll be giving away a few sticks on the stream too, so don't miss out! If I recognize a NeoGAFFer I might play favorites <3

lol

AAK

MarkMan said:
When am I ever NOT cool?

:D

I'll be giving away a few sticks on the stream too, so don't miss out! If I recognize a NeoGAFFer I might play favorites <3

lol

Awesome! UFRAGTV gave really good streams.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I just booted up both versions of the game.

No update.

Wouldn't the patch have already come out by now if it was going to be this week?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
I just booted up both versions of the game.

No update.

Wouldn't the patch have already come out by now if it was going to be this week?

Namco's big enough to get special updates I think.

Do updates ever occur on weird days like Friday?

arstal said:
Namco's big enough to get special updates I think.

Do updates ever occur on weird days like Friday?

The original patch which added online dropped on a Sat or Sun so the new patch could hit on an out of standard day as well. I think only demo's and DLC are locked to the Thursday update.

Caj814 said:
Did the netcode play any better?
It seemed better, but I still had hiccups with juggles and all that. Of course, I was playing with someone from England...but as a point of reference, the matches "flowed" more nicely than when we played--no slow-down, just slight input lag.

For those saying they didn't get an update...was there one between the one for activating online and now? It's possible I may have missed something because I stopped playing the game for a while.

Sectus

No update here either. Have you recently changed harddrive or 360? In either case you'd have to re-download the first patch for the game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Tekken-6-for-PSP-has-gone-gold/pg/49/aid/136016

Are you ready for the next battle? Namco Bandai has today announced that Tekken 6 has officially gone gold for the PSP and is now currently in manufacturing ready for the November 24 launch date across North America.

The storied fighting franchise returns to Sony's handheld with familiar faces and new characters to create the largest line-up of fighters the series has ever seen. It will feature a variety of games mode from Arcade, Story, Time Attack, Survival, and Gold Rush to collect in-game money, customization items and character specific storylines. Tekken 6 for PSP will also support ad-hoc multiplayer battles across an additional four stages. Furthermore, players will have the ability to transfer ghost data allowing fights against opponents' characters even when not connected with them.

Nice to see the additional modes; they will probably be a lot more fun than scenario campaign! I wonder if playing the game over something like Xlink Kai will result in better online play than the console versions? :lol

For those with PSP Gos, the game will not hit PSN until 12/10.

GrayFoxPL

dragonlife29 said:

Ok, I just got back from the game. Maybe I'm blind as a bat, but I can't find the ratio info anywhere.
Checked records and all other options. Where is it?

GrayFoxPL said:
Ok, I just got back from the game. Maybe I'm blind as a bat, but I can't find the ratio info anywhere.
Checked records and all other options. Where is it?
Gallery > Movie Theater > Ending. You'll get a screen of the characters' portraits. If any of them have a gold/yellow lock you haven't gotten it. Go to prologue, too, because you don't get the Arena prologues for endings you unlocked with play time alone. If that's the case, just begin a fight with the character you're missing and after seeing the prologue, just quit.

y2dvd said:
I think it was simply a ps3 update and not a T6 specific update.
If you're adding to what I said about getting an update...I'm on the 360 and didn't get the update well until I started the game.

dragonlife29 said:
If you're adding to what I said about getting an update...I'm on the 360 and didn't get the update well until I started the game.
I'm pretty sure there were two updates in total and it sounds like you never got the second one.

dragonlife29 said:
What was the second update? Before playing it yesterday, I hadn't played the game in around two weeks, maybe.
I'm not sure, there was one that was out the day the game launched. Then I'm pretty sure another followed about a week or two ago, not sure what it did.

Top Bottom