• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

LowParry

twinturbo2 said:
So, are they ever going to tell us if Jun is dead or not? They keep dancing around that subject, it's a simple yes or no!

Did you watch the intro of the SC? It pretty much confirms what happened to Jun.

LowParry

twinturbo2 said:
It's still vauge-ish to me.

Naw. It pretty much says point blank
That she was killed by Ogre. That's why Jin looked for revenge at the time and trained. It was also his first experience with the Devil Gene.

Oh and awesome for the patch coming out Thanksgiving. :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
CcrooK said:
Naw. It pretty much says point blank
That she was killed by Ogre. That's why Jin looked for revenge at the time and trained. It was also his first experience with the Devil Gene.
Well, if that's the case, wasn't
Baek allegedly killed by Ogre, only for him to be retconned back to life?
Touche.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So yea, that patch was officially announced.

NAMCO BANDAI Games today released further details about the forthcoming free downloadable update designed to improve the online game experience for players of TEKKEN 6 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The update is scheduled for release on 26th November.

The update is separate from the online co-op Scenario Campaign mode download which is scheduled for release separately this winter.

Online gameplay enhancements in the update include the following:

* Improved input response: improvement of the game's responsiveness to button / command inputs;
* Selectable search priorities for ranked matches: players will be able to set search priorities for opponents in ranked matches based on comparable rank or connection quality as well as location;
* Optimized data transmission between fighters and spectators: fight data will be optimized in order to reduce the bandwidth load on the host’s console;
* Signal strength bars: the signal strength bar will reflect connection quality more accurately;
* Chance to cancel match: players will be able to cancel the match before it begins once the opponent's signal strength has been displayed on ranked matches.

The team at NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc is committed to delivering the best possible experience with TEKKEN 6 and would like to thank the thousands of fans all over the world for their invaluable feedback. Let the sixth King of Iron Fist Tournament continue.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Thanksgiving is a weird day for a patch. I'll definitely try to play it that day since I"m not doing much and give an honest opinion.

I'm hoping I can finally say something good about this game other then its good gameplay offline.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The PSP version is pretty good. Installed, the load times are around 5 seconds...about the same as the console versions. They dropped the 3D characters on the select/versus screen in favor of artwork, but the quality of the portraits is so UGLY...grainy as hell. Really nice port; at times it's really impressive (almost, if not all the background details are there, like the jet flying right over you on the fallen colony stage, falling through floors, etc. etc.), but at other times it looks like Tekken 5 DR PSP (I could swear Lili's character model is the same). Like Soul Calibur Broken Destiny, there are no replays. They also changed it so that characters intro and win poses have no background music, although it's kind of hard to hear some characters on the console versions, so I don't mind this. Unfortunately, all characters with third outfits from guest artists have been removed.

One thing I have read but cannot confirm for myself yet is that when playing ad-hoc versus, you are limited to only four stages. Can't say I'm bothered by this either, since I got this game strictly for practice on the go. But that is weird since DR and Soul Calibur let you play on any stage.

Caj814

so how are Lars and Alisa's endings in the PSP version?Are they totally unique or are they just stuff taken from the Scenario mode?

Caj814 said:
so how are Lars and Alisa's endings in the PSP version?Are they totally unique or are they just stuff taken from the Scenario mode?

Apparently Lars ending is
the SC opening
and Alisa's ending is
the SC helicopter sequence
. Pretty weak but whatever.

Lyte Edge

LOL. I'll confirm later today. Alisa's story mode fight sequence is Jin first, then Kazuya, then Azazel.

At least they get new prologues, lol.

Lyte Edge

Brief rundown on the pros and cons of the PSP version.

+ The game is running at 60fps. This was expected, but just confirming!
+ The load times are quick when the game is installed. Takes around 5 seconds to load a match.
- The change to character portraits is awful, because the images they used are grainy and low quality.
+ Plenty of play modes, including arcade, ghost battle, story, practice, time attack, survival, and ghost rush.
- No modes like Dojo or extras like Tekken Bowl this time.
+ All of the stages are intact, with most of or all of the background details present. (Lighting is obviously not there.)
- There's something strange about playing against Jin on his stage. It almost feels slower at times, and the look is a little blurry. The latter reminds me of a few stages in TK5 DRO on PS3.
+ All 40 characters are intact.
- No 3P outfits for those who have them. (Why?)
- Customization is limited compared to the console versions.
+ A good number of parts and hair types are still available.
- No replays (same as Soul Calibur Broken Destiny)
-/+ No music during character intros and win poses. This is sort of a plus and minus, because now it makes hearing what everyone says much easier.

Overall, I'm impressed with the port. Is it as good as Tekken 5 DR in terms of being EXACTLY the same as its arcade/console counterparts, plus having extras? No. Is it still worth it since everything important is intact, and the game play is spot-on? Absolutely. This is still a great portable translation of Tekken 6, and worth picking up.

The only thing I cannot confirm is whether or not you really do only fight on four "new" stages in ad-hoc. I doubt the previous posters who said that were making it up, though. I didn't get this game for versus, anyway. I got to have Tekken 6 on the go, for more practice. If I'm going to play against a human opponent, it's going to be on the 360 or PS3 versions anyway.

Just got this game, and I have a question:

Is there anyway to sticky the command list in the practice mode and be able to change the move set on screen without going through the menus each time? Tekken 5 PSP had this function (you moved to the next move set via the nub) so I'd assume Namco would have left this in for T6 (unless Namco have been learning from Konami on how to gimp their games and piss off their fanbase).

Also, why is it that in 2p vs mode, player 2 can stop the victory sequence with the x button but can't select any of the menu functions and start a new game? It just seems like this game is peppered throughout with really bad system design.

Lyte Edge said:
Brief rundown on the pros and cons of the PSP version.

+ The game is running at 60fps. This was expected, but just confirming!
+ The load times are quick when the game is installed. Takes around 5 seconds to load a match.
- The change to character portraits is awful, because the images they used are grainy and low quality.
+ Plenty of play modes, including arcade, ghost battle, story, practice, time attack, survival, and ghost rush.
- No modes like Dojo or extras like Tekken Bowl this time.
+ All of the stages are intact, with most of or all of the background details present. (Lighting is obviously not there.)
- There's something strange about playing against Jin on his stage. It almost feels slower at times, and the look is a little blurry. The latter reminds me of a few stages in TK5 DRO on PS3.
+ All 40 characters are intact.
- No 3P outfits for those who have them. (Why?)
- Customization is limited compared to the console versions.
+ A good number of parts and hair types are still available.
- No replays (same as Soul Calibur Broken Destiny)
-/+ No music during character intros and win poses. This is sort of a plus and minus, because now it makes hearing what everyone says much easier.

Overall, I'm impressed with the port. Is it as good as Tekken 5 DR in terms of being EXACTLY the same as its arcade/console counterparts, plus having extras? No. Is it still worth it since everything important is intact, and the game play is spot-on? Absolutely. This is still a great portable translation of Tekken 6, and worth picking up.

I just picked it up and feel the same.

I'm just glad to be playing again since my PS3 drive fried :(

My biggest gripe is the audio quality, but it's not the worst. Plus the menu music rocks.

The fact that you can actually rank up and the fact that it loads super fast makes it worth it alone IMHO.

Sectus

AAK said:
Tekken 6 online can actually be somewhat fun now!

And thanks for the Tekken 6 PSP impressions.
That guy trying to explain the actual experience is doing a really bad job though. And he played against someone who doesn't even live that far away, which is a bad test. If you play against someone close by with the current netcode, that'll play with only a tiny amount of input lag.

It's nice Namco are at least trying to fix the netcode, but at this point it just seems too late. The netcode needs a total overhaul. I'll be absolutely amazed if the patch has a noticable improvement on the input lag.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
He said it was a "little worse then SFIV" Also, it was about 500 miles, so it's not a horrible test- it isn't Tokyo to Osaka like what SNK did.

Sounds like SCIV netcode to me.

That will be a decent sized improvement, I just don't know if it will be enough.

I'll judge on my own merits- nothing said has given me an impression either positive or negative.

Takao

Banned
Tekken 6 PSP is on the US PSN for $40 for those interested.

Any of the PSP owners test out Ad-Hoc Party for online play via the PS3?

Lyte Edge

The more I play the PSP version, the more I'm impressed with it. So many details were kept intact. It's easily more impressive than Soul Calibur Broken Destiny was.

Missing details I have noticed:

-No tracks in the snow stage.
-No truck in the beginning of the Asian village stage.
-Less sheep on Hidden Retreat.
-No breast bounce (whatta crime!)

The most impressive stage is the dojo by the sea. Looks like all the details, from the crashing waves to the priest in the very background, are in.

Anything else?

Lyte Edge said:
The more I play the PSP version, the more I'm impressed with it. So many details were kept intact. It's easily more impressive than Soul Calibur Broken Destiny was.

The most impressive stage is the dojo by the sea. Looks like all the details, from the crashing waves to the priest in the very background, are in.

Anything else?
I'm rather excited to be picking up the PSP version before touching the older brothers.

Fingers crossed.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
twinturbo2 said:
So, are they ever going to tell us if Jun is dead or not? They keep dancing around that subject, it's a simple yes or no!
Jun isn't dead yet.. just missing:
What I can say is that as far as the development team is concerned, only two people in the story are officially, absolutely dead: the original King (killed by Ogre), and the original Armor King (killed by Marduk). In the world of Tekken, the only characters that actually seem to die real deaths so far are pro wrestlers.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=226228

And in part II of the Harada interview:
The fact that Jun's "missing" definitely doesn't mean she's "dead" in the world of Tekken, either.

Lyte Edge said:

Anything else?

The money pit stage has some effects I've honestly never seen the PSP do. Plus the environmental particle effects like the paper debris and whatnot are awesome.

The load times really make it fun. It's shorter than TDR PSP after install.

My biggest gripe is the lack of some items, but the plus side of that is that similar items (aka items that come in different colors but you have to buy the same item in a different color to change it) are gone. It's just buy the type of item you want and then change the colors of it. Nice and easy ^_^

I think namco said they won't do it, but I wish they would do an update for the PSP version with more items at one point. Esp since PSP now supports software updates.

SUPREME1

Banned
Mooreberg said:
Xbox 360 LE version w/ Arcade stick for $59 on Amazon for another two hours: http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b?ie=UTF8&node=409566&ref_=s9_blfr_bw_brwse

(scroll past AC2)

I got in on that action yesterday... barely.

I went over to Amazon and clicked on the deals page to see what was the lightening deal and saw the $59.99 price.... and a big fat 99% SOLD and so I panicked and hit 'add to cart' without thinking of it.

I knew it was about $130~$150 originally at Best Buy, since I asked about it about a week ago... and knew $59 was as good as it would get for this.

Feels good man.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
astral said:
Apparently the official sales are THAT BAD. (hearing that as of Nov.1 it was sub 200k- combined). This will be the bomb of 2009 at this rate.

Ouch. =/

I had this on pre-order, but I canceled after hearing about online, campaign and basically Namco wrapping a great fighting game within a pile of horse shit.

No way to treat this series.

GrayFoxPL

In case you guys haven't noticed the online patch has been up for few hours now.

Before I say too much I will give it a try again tommorrow, because right now after first impressions I want to throw some really, really ugly words in face of namco and all the whiners that bitched about the previous netcode. Right now it stands on that... Namco broke the netcode totally for me - all matches are red bars, no one wants to play, lag with red bar was 2 second lag. I never had 2 second lag on a red bar before the patch. I had a decent online experience with T6, now I have none. Thanks.

Caj814

GrayFoxPL said:
In case you guys haven't noticed the online patch has been up for few hours now.

Before I say too much I will give it a try again tommorrow, because right now after first impressions I want to throw some really, really ugly words in face of namco and all the whiners that bitched about the previous netcode. Right now it stands on that... Namco broke the netcode totally for me - all matches are red bars, no one wants to play, lag with red bar was 2 second lag. I never had 2 second lag on a red bar before the patch. I had a decent online experience with T6, now I have none. Thanks.
15s7rk2.gif

Oh well. . .maybe they'll. . .ah fuck it.

DR2K

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:

The online patch is mandatory right?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GrayFoxPL said:

I tried playing it about 30 mins ago, no patch. Just now, no patch.

If my experience mataches Grayfox, Namco will be dead to me. Then again, with most people on no patch, give it a day.

GrayFoxPL

arstal said:
I tried playing it about 30 mins ago, no patch. Just now, no patch.

If my experience mataches Grayfox, Namco will be dead to me. Then again, with most people on no patch, give it a day.

No patch? Wait. That means they didn't release it in all regions? I got Asia version of the game (I'm in Europe).

Maybe that's why it was so shitty.

Edit: Btw. Ranked matches can be searched by regions: World, Europe, America, Asia and... Japan. Japan got their own region. :p

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GrayFoxPL said:
No patch? Wait. That means they didn't release it in all regions? I got Asia version of the game (I'm in Europe).

Maybe that's why it was so shitty.

Edit: Btw. Ranked matches can be searched by regions: World, Europe, America, Asia and... Japan. Japan got their own region. :p

Yeah- I think one region has it, the others don't yet.

Give it a day or two. No rush.

GrayFoxPL

arstal said:
Yeah- I think one region has it, the others don't yet.

Give it a day or two. No rush.

Yeah, I was sure they'd poped the patch for all regions. If the game tried to connect me with someone in Beijing then I have faith for tommorrow.

Edit: And suddenly the list of player matches all with red bars makes sense. It could mean the game listed only the asian players.

Lyte Edge

Yeah, gotta wait until everyone has the patch first. I saw some other similar "F U NAMCO" posts from people in other countries, too. I think one guy was playing from Pakistan...no wonder he's got lag. :p

EDIT: I just hope the patch makes it easier to deal with crap like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRlLb6abHqw

Enough lag, and Kazuya spammers are invincible. :/

Caj814

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Pfft.... Bullshit. I guess that wasn't Jun's head that Ogre was holding in T3's arcade intro..... lazy Namco.

The reason Jun hasn't popped up yet is because the Tekken team seems to avoid trying to design ANY women over the age of 40 :lol

Lyte Edge

Caj814 said:
The reason Jun hasn't popped up yet is because the Tekken team seems to avoid trying to design ANY women over the age of 40 :lol

It does seem that way, doesn't it? :lol

"Hmm...so for Tekken 3, we are bringing the series into the future. All characters will age 15 years. What do you want to do about the females? Jun?"

"Let's kill her!" "OK. We'll make Jin her son and give him some of her moves."

"Michelle?"

"Let's kill her!"

"All right. We can just put in her daughter or something."

"Anna and Nina?"

"Let them age?"

"....."

"....."

"Seriously, any ideas?"

"Let's kill th--" "Now, now, we can't be doing that with everyone."

"I know! CRYO FREEZE!" "Great job!"

"That's the females. What about the males?

"Huh? Let 'em age, who gives a ****? Throw the ones we don't want into a volcano or something. Nobody cares. Now get cracking on new females. We need a Chinese schoolgirl."

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, gotta wait until everyone has the patch first. I saw some other similar "F U NAMCO" posts from people in other countries, too. I think one guy was playing from Pakistan...no wonder he's got lag. :p

EDIT: I just hope the patch makes it easier to deal with crap like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRlLb6abHqw

Enough lag, and Kazuya spammers are invincible. :/

I gave an enthusiastic YES when that kazuya lost. Why did that guy keep getting up though.

Top Bottom