• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

GrayFoxPL

CcrooK said:
I second this request by a billion. Thanks MM for being there for us players!

MarkMan is the pimp of pimps and we are just the lowlife bitches of his poorest pimp. :D

Can ya dig it?

Patch is great, but I think my PS3 GPU is dying :(.

I noticed it before the patch even. I leave the game in practice mode to eat dinner. Come back and notice the game "stutters" during fast moves. It's not the usual slowdown during rage activation. It's like the game overstrains the gpu or cpu overheating the whole thing and it has trouble to run it.
First time I had something like this with PS3 game. But I remember similar shit with 360 when it overheated.

It's not the patch, I noticed it before, but only once then I forgot about it when it got back to normal the next day.

The thing is this stuttering killed my online game. At first when it run well I had brilliant matches with bound combos and Raven counters on reaction (!). But when the framerate shit started it all went to hell with missing juggles and I think desynchronizations were all because of this.

Urgent question - did something like this happen to any of you guys when you played T6 for couple hours nonstop?

I'm going to vacum the PS3 tommorrow. Maybe there's too much dust.

My 360 chugs on some stages when Raven pulls his ninja ghost crap, that's with motion blur disabled.

Also having been playing this evening people keep losing sync with me, usually after receiving a pretty stern thrashing - this didn't used to happen pre-patch, is the game more liable to go out of sync now or have the drop hackers come out to play?

GrayFoxPL

i hate bees said:
My 360 chugs on some stages when Raven pulls his ninja ghost crap, that's with motion blur disabled.

Also having been playing this evening people keep losing sync with me, usually after receiving a pretty stern thrashing - this didn't used to happen pre-patch, is the game more liable to go out of sync now or have the drop hackers come out to play?

Nah, the raven thing is normal in all versions including arcade.

LowParry

Anyone on the PS3 run into where you're having a good match till the last round and about halfway through it just drops? Not sure if it's just a sync issue or rage quitters. Doesn't show me with any sort of penalty either.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
No, thanks to you guys <3

Happy Thanksgiving!

Also.

I'm meeting with Namco Bandai on Dec. 12th, is there anything you guys would like to say to them? Also are there any questions for the TEKKEN Team? Namely series lead producer, Katsuhiro Harada. I'll be chattin' with him a bit over the weekend.

---

PS, Kadey, contact me via some type of messenger.

CcrooK said:
Anyone on the PS3 run into where you're having a good match till the last round and about halfway through it just drops? Not sure if it's just a sync issue or rage quitters. Doesn't show me with any sort of penalty either.

No, I'm definitely having sync issues with people, whether the round has just started or about to end. Shitty coding still? I even get synch issues with the green bars.

Oh, and why can't I sticky the command list in practice mode like in Tekken 5 PSP? Fuck Namco and their shitty Konami like gimping policy.

Lyonaz

wackojackosnose said:
Oh, and why can't I sticky the command list in practice mode like in Tekken 5 PSP? Fuck Namco and their shitty Konami like gimping policy.

Seriously they need to patch that shit in. I hate practice mode if I need to press start - command list - down for the next move - every single fucking time if I want to do/learn/see the next one. =(
Is it too much to ask to map that shit to a button like L3 or R3?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Also.

I'm meeting with Namco Bandai on Dec. 12th, is there anything you guys would like to say to them? Also are there any questions for the TEKKEN Team? Namely series lead producer, Katsuhiro Harada. I'll be chattin' with him a bit over the weekend.

---

Yeah, I got a few things. :D

PM me...

LowParry

MM,

Are we going to see some DLC with costumes and stages? That's the only question I'm curious about. I'd like to see some classic costumes. Just like what they did with Soul Calibur 4.

Prototype-03 said:
k, tekken 6 is awesome... no more dropped combos... anyone down on ps3? My PSN is Prototype-03

I'll be on later today. Need some Armor King and Jin practice. :D

MarkMan said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Also.

---

Can you ask them about being able to scroll through a move list while it's stickied on the screen in practice.

Yeah, netcode feels considerably better on the PS3 version now. Assuming the 360 version is patched (It is, right?), I'll finally crack that badness open after leaving the LE sitting on my shelf for the entire month. If Amazon doesn't do the same deal for the PS3 LE this weekend that they did for the 360 LE earlier this week, I'll just do a "Keep It" on the PS3 game and use Gamefly coupons to knock it down to less than $20.

Off topic: Also ordered Soulcalibur IV 360, Symphonia Wii, and Klonoa Wii for $10 each off of Amazon today. Smooches to Namco.

V_Arnold said:
Yes, 360 version is patched. EU here, patch was available this morning.
Thank you.

The patch is amazing.

I play a lot with someone from England and while it wasn't horrible pre-patch, you definitely notice the difference...that it actually plays like we're in the same room now! When our first match started...I squealed like a little girl on the inside when it was seamless. I'm on 360.

It still lagged when I invited another player, though: I never had problems with either of them, but when they faced each other, it was pretty slow. The other dude was from Canada, for reference, and I'm from the US.

Skullomatic

Neo Member
European here, and the patch works wonderful! got my ass firmly handed to me (I'm well rusty), and not by lag-abusers this time, which was sweet

if anyone wanna beat up a rusty Swede, hit me up on my PSN: JinHayte

Sectus

MarkMan said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Also.

Casually mention that they should make a future Tekken
or Soul Calibur
game for PC.

If he refuses, get him in handcuffs and kidnap him.

Caj814

MarkMan said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Also.

---

Well from visiting TZ,here and other boards it seems like most people would like some extra features added in the future.I hope you can present this list and anything else that may be mentioned since in the interviews before T6's release the team seems like they are serious about supporting the game in the long run.

Customization:
-More slots for customs and being able to assign them to multiple buttons

VS Mode:
-2P can use customs as well and being able to bring your profile to other systems.

-Able to select the random only stages plus add Nancy's stage as a selectable

Practice Mode:
-Save settings in Practice mode.Not required but it saves time for people who always want to keep Position Reset and other things on.

-Fix the practice bugs that people have been reporting(slowdown,random position resets)

-All of the advice stuff on the ticker should also be accessible in a selectable mode or integrated into Practice mode

-Being able to record moves with the CPU for defensive training.

-An automated move list feature like in the old games so you don't have to constantly go back to the list to look at the next move.

-Show the notations for the example combos so new players know exactly what to do

Online:
-Save Replay available in Player Match

-Fix unfair penalties in Ranking(ex:someone DCs on you at the end of the match and you get the loss + demotion risks).That is if it wasn't fixed already in the recent patch)

Replay mode:
-Options available like being able to see the buttons inputs or the damage.

Not sure if I missed anything. :lol

AAK

MarkMan said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Also.

---

Please tell the following,

FACT:

No one wants Tekken 7. Everyone wants Tekken Tag Tournament 2! Been waiting since 2004.

EDIT: oh and thanks for the great online patch.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Okay. THIS is how you do an online update patch. Net play now feels like it's at SF4 quality (or perhaps even better :O) with 4 and 5 bar connections. Amazing.

SNK, take note. :p

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Lyte Edge said:
Okay. THIS is how you do an online update patch. Net play now feels like it's at SF4 quality (or perhaps even better :O) with 4 and 5 bar connections. Amazing.

SNK, take note. :p
Urge to buy rising.

Holy Shit this patch is awesome! I was playing with a green /teal connection opponent and I assumed he was in China like me, turns out hes in Korea and the matches were buttery smooth.

Feel free to add me: ferocious-pony (PSN)

Oh yea, Mark Man let the people at Namco know that I plan on buying this game tomorrow because they seemed to have fixed the netcode. I would have owned it at launch but with so many negative responses, I passed. Let them know that netcode for a fighting game in this day and age can be a deal breaker.

Caj814

IcebergSlim3000 said:
Oh yea, Mark Man let the people at Namco know that I plan on buying this game tomorrow because they seemed to have fixed the netcode. I would have owned it at launch but with so many negative responses, I passed. Let them know that netcode for a fighting game in this day and age can be a deal breaker.

I think they realized that with the current sales that some of the negative reviews of the netcode could be responsible for and all the complaints the fans bombarded them with :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Same here. I just bought the game due to the updated netcode impressions. The Amazon sale helped too.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Also.

---

Huh, what? -=burps=- uuuhh...too much food.

Just popping in to see how the patch is. How great is it? (360 version) Can yall compare it to SF4/Blazblue? Cuz if so, fuck yeah Im gettin Tekken.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
y2dvd said:
Can't wait to try this baby online. I never bothered with the previous patch to notice how bad it was lol.
yeah I played five games and relegated it to the stack of games I regret buying (just tekken and mirrors edge :lol)

think I might play this on the weekend.

Lyte Edge

Played post-patch on both systems; overall it was great! The only laggy connection I had was in a room against Prototype-3 on PS3; I got two bars playing against him (he's in CA, I'm in GA), but he was at his folk's place and said their internet connection wasn't the greatest. Even so, it was still better than when I played him before the patch hit. Akachan Ningen was also in the room; I had three bars with him and it was very smooth.

The only weird thing I have noticed, and I don't recall this happening on the 360 version (but could be wrong), is that despite the game message telling you it's better to fight people around your same level for leveling up, whenever I'd pick a character I was just starting out with (beginner or 9th kyu), I'd get a master (or higher level) ranked opponent. Changing the search type from connection to rank did nothing. Then for my last match, I switched to a master ranked character of my own, and got matched up with someone who was 9th kyu. :lol

Has anyone else experience this issue?

GrayFoxPL

Lyte Edge said:
Has anyone else experience this issue?

Yeah it's there. You get better results when you choose World as a region and search by rank, but it takes longer to find a match.

Btw. Did you notice any performance issuses while playing the game for a long periods of time? PS3 version.

This patch is crazy, it's like getting a whole new game.

Patch the campaign mode to make it fun now please.

EDIT: Oh yeah, why can't I rematch a quick match? Why does it send me back into matchmaking every time? Kind of a waste.

Lyte Edge

Here's some shitty pics I took of the PSP version (from off my TV). It's such an impressive port, considering that the original arcade version is running on PS3-level hardware.

4138112300_22ac7f0021.jpg
4138112380_27a85ba97f.jpg

4138112492_c0438d8995.jpg
4138112236_563221ed69.jpg

4137347135_765bfeaae2.jpg
4137347231_e203f633d6.jpg

4138112118_8725c919ec.jpg
4138121886_e29fb37d53.jpg

Compared to Soul Calibur Broken Destiny. SCBD has a cleaner, crisper image. I still think Tekken 6 is more impressive, mainly because of background details/animation.

4138151528_de8a75c62e.jpg
4138151468_7b0f0651bd.jpg

4138150942_f550095ab4.jpg
4138151362_5b03d6080a.jpg

Either way, Namco owns the PSP.

GrayFoxPL said:
Yeah it's there. You get better results when you choose World as a region and search by rank, but it takes longer to find a match.

Btw. Did you notice any performance issuses while playing the game for a long periods of time? PS3 version.

No, haven't had anything like that happen. I'm using a Japanese 20GB launch model from November 2006.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Here's my lili. Keep an eye out for me. :D

63vofs.jpg

2u8zfck.jpg

EDIT: Holey moley the jaggies. I should have turned mblur off for the shots. The long pigtails looks sweet in motion though. :)

GrayFoxPL

luka said:
Here's my lili. Keep an eye out for me. :D

EDIT: Holey moley the jaggies. I should have turned mblur off for the shots. The long pigtails looks sweet in motion though. :)

How do you host T6 screens? I mean captured on PS3.

You in Europe? Lili's not a cheap whore like she was in DR, Alisa took it from her, so I don't mind fighting her anymore. :D

Lyte Edge

GrayFoxPL said:
How do you host T6 screens? I mean captured on PS3.

After you capture an image, it just becomes a .jpg file. So you can easily copy it to a PC with a USB flash drive, for example.

MMaRsu

catfish said:
yeah I played five games and relegated it to the stack of games I regret buying (just tekken and mirrors edge :lol)

think I might play this on the weekend.

Dude, now we gotta get it on :D.

GrayFoxPL

Lyte Edge said:
After you capture an image, it just becomes a .jpg file. So you can easily copy it to a PC with a USB flash drive, for example.

Ah, Thought Namco maybe did an upload gallery on their site or something.

I wonder what would it take to have youtube uploads of replays in T6.

Lyte Edge

Another thing that's really nice about the online play now is that when you decide not to play a match because of the connection quality (or your opponent rejects the match), the game goes right back to searching for an opponent, instead of kicking you back to the online menu screen. More fighters need to do this!

Demigod Mac

Makes me wonder how this netcode didn't make it into the retail copy, with one patch taking the lag problem from bad to great, so soon after the release date. Was it some Michael Bolton style, "Oh shit, I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place
or something!" type of mistake, or was Namco working on it long before the game shipped to retail and decided to patch it in later?

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Also.

---

Can you ask him on possibbility of yt upload of replays in T6? Also what would he'd like to do first if chosen: Tekken Zero or TTT2?

Thanks! :D

Top Bottom