• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Sectus

fernoca said:
:O!
You can take pictures in the PSP version too?
I'm getting this for my Go next week..anyway, but that's a nice extra.:) !!!!
He probably took the screenshot via remotejoylite (which is a pretty awesome program, lets you display PSP games on the PC, which makes it easy to take screenshots or capture video, and you can use any input you want, but it only works with a custom firmware).

y2dvd

I haven't had a 5 bar match yet. I played about 4 matches with 4 bars and it was pretty smooth. The rest of my matches were 3 bars. It's playable but I struggled with the more difficult combos and I couldn't see low moves in time lol. Online won't replace offline play for me but it's playable I guess. I need more 4-5 bar matches plz!

JEKKI

rage quitters be damned!!!

2ch0sqh.jpg

rite after I perfect him!! no wonder this guy has 90%+ win rank...

this is funny also,

2zz13c2.jpg

28wgyhi.jpg

3089z50.jpg

GhaleonQ

Quick question, all. Are the stages' music remixed for BR/home release, or are they the same? I know the staff roll and introductions are different, but what about the arenas themselves?

Caj814

GhaleonQ said:
Quick question, all. Are the stages' music remixed for BR/home release, or are they the same? I know the staff roll and introductions are different, but what about the arenas themselves?

They should be the same while the Fountain stage has a longer intro added.

fernoca

Fuck it!

ilit7r.png

Was going to wait for next week to get it.. just got $20 and I already had $20 in the account, so the game...technically just cost 'me' $19.99... :p

Sai

Is there any interconnectivity between the PS3 and PSP versions of Tekken 6? Can you transfer cash 'n' such?

Just tried a few matches online. I still suck, of course, but game plays great now against a five bar opponent.

Hey guys, since Namco wont do it anytime soon, can one of you guy with programming experience make available a DLC pack with Moonlit Wilderness stage. Thanks a lot bye.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Man I can't play for tofu today. I'm losing left and right to people lower rank than me.

aaasdkljfhl;f,ndl;

Zeenbor

Just got the patch and online is soooooooooo much better! I'm actually going to start playing more now. Thank you, Namco!!!! Now if you guys will do a patch where arcade mode unlocks characters endings, I'll be eternally happy.

A solution for rage quitting bastards...

Would it be a good idea to give the players the option to hand out a penalty for rage quitting? Say for instance, Markman and I are battling, and he is giving me the business. If I rage quit, he should then be prompted with a menu/question box that states something to the effect of, "The connection with player has been lost, should they receive a recorded loss on their record?

This way, if it is a quit from someone you know(or just don't want to penalize), or if it doesn't seem to be a rage quit(like a disconnect right when the round starts), you still have the option to let their record go unaffected by it. Good idea, or nice but ultimately flawed idea?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Started getting my game back. Finally got promoted past 1st dan. I really need to work on my bound combos.

Still kind of annoying when you have 15 wins and you get matched with a guy who has like 500.

luka said:
Started getting my game back. Finally got promoted past 1st dan. I really need to work on my bound combos.

Still kind of annoying when you have 15 wins and you get matched with a guy who has like 500.

Make search according to rank a priority. You can still back out if you get an opponent with a crummy connection.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
LiveFromKyoto said:
Make search according to rank a priority. You can still back out if you get an opponent with a crummy connection.

I do that, and I understand that sometimes it's a necessity when there is no one else to match with. It still sucks. :(

I'm not too picky about connection, 2 bars plays well enough but I can understand why people would constantly reject that - but when people are rejecting 3 bars? For real? Personally I'd rather just play then be forced to sit there waiting for a 4 bar connection.

fernoca

Darn!
Whatever Namco did into porting this game to the PSP they need to tell it to Sega to do Virtua Fighter ..an Capcom to do Street Fighter IV...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
More Tekken sore-loser fun!

First up is this message in German (I think) on PS3. This guy sent me the message after I beat his ass.

4140139418_67cb256a04.jpg

Then there's newbie player HailRemixx. He's a typical Eddy Gordo button-masher. I perfected him in the first round and he quit.
4139379197_a2f7039f3e_b.jpg

I send him a message about his rage quit, and get this in return.

4139379347_2d795f1533.jpg

My reply. It's much like others I've posted, because it usually works in getting people riled up.

4139379513_9084acf923.jpg

Then he sends me a nice, sarcastic voice message: "You know what man, I like you. I should come to you for all my life advice. I'm going to listen to everything you said. You're a good person. Thank you!"

4140139980_792fa93681.jpg

And he says:

"You know, I like you. I'll make you a deal. So you have one to play, and ONE TO FUCK. I hope you have a good night, SIR."

And to end it, I say:

4140140128_4635fe3580.jpg

He signed off after this.

Jubs

lol, are these sore loser pm's common with fighters? When I embarrassed fools in T5: DR, no one ever sent me a hateful PM.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Jubs said:
lol, are these sore loser pm's common with fighters? When I embarrassed fools in T5: DR, no one ever sent me a hateful PM.

No one cared about T5 online since it was so shitty. Every other fighter- yeah.

I learned what puta meant just from playing KOF on GGPO and using Mai on them all.

BTW Lyte Edge, who are yo using there? Lili?

I'm not really a fan of the customizations in Tekkeen 6, they seem limited compared to SC or VF5R. I wanted to make a Mio Asuka, but I can't.

Lyte Edge

Jubs said:

I don't tend to get hate mail often (although it's ramped up quite a bit with Tekken :lol ), but yeah, it's happened in virtually every fighting game I've played on PS3 and 360. You get positive messages too, but those aren't fun to post!

arstal said:
BTW Lyte Edge, who are yo using there? Lili?

I'm not really a fan of the customizations in Tekkeen 6, they seem limited compared to SC or VF5R. I wanted to make a Mio Asuka, but I can't.

Maybe the customization is better than you thought it was. ;)

It's Alisa.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Lyte Edge said:
I don't tend to get hate mail often (although it's ramped up quite a bit with Tekken :lol ), but yeah, it's happened in virtually every fighting game I've played on PS3 and 360. You get positive messages too, but those aren't fun to post!

Maybe the customization is better than you thought it was. ;)

It's Alisa.

Heh, some guy with like 200 games under his belt saw my lili and said "what the...who the hell is that chick?" :D

I have about 50 ranked games under my belt now and I've gotten very little hate pms. My very first match some eddie creams me pretty soundly then in the corner pops up "GET OFF DEM STICKS". Afterwards people have been pretty nice, or just keep their PMholes shut. I got a few GGs and a "so annoying :mad:"

Bog

Junior Ace
So as for the whole PS3 vs 360 debate, what's the final verdict? I'm sitting on unopened copies of both right now, so I'm wondering which one to open (bought it when it came out on PS3, then grabbed the $59 LE for 360 on Amazon on Tuesday). I know about the better picture quality on PS3, but which has the better online play and loading times?

LowParry

Bog said:
So as for the whole PS3 vs 360 debate, what's the final verdict? I'm sitting on unopened copies of both right now, so I'm wondering which one to open (bought it when it came out on PS3, then grabbed the $59 LE for 360 on Amazon on Tuesday). I know about the better picture quality on PS3, but which has the better online play and loading times?

Friends list. Which do you play more with.

Lyte Edge

CcrooK, you know I love you buddy.

Bog said:

Load times are really about the same (with both installed). The online's been vastly improved on both, but I think 360 is still better online. The usual rules apply if you're a pad warrior, however-- it's not going to very fun using the stock 360 d-pad, whereas the PS3 controller is great for the game.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Lyte Edge said:
CcrooK, you know I love you buddy.

Load times are really about the same (with both installed). The online's been vastly improved on both, but I think 360 is still better online. The usual rules apply if you're a pad warrior, however-- it's not going to very fun using the stock 360 d-pad, whereas the PS3 controller is great for the game.

I recall reading somewhere that ps3 sales numbers were higher, at least initially. Outside of friends, games like this thrive on having the most people online. Have there been any solid numbers yet?

Lyte Edge

luka said:
I recall reading somewhere that ps3 sales numbers were higher, at least initially. Outside of friends, games like this thrive on having the most people online. Have there been any solid numbers yet?

Didn't Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV sell better on the PS3 too? But when I play any of these fighting games, I always find that the online is overall better on 360 and matches pop up quicker.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
Didn't Street Fighter IV and Soul Calibur IV sell better on the PS3 too? But when I play any of these fighting games, I always find that the online is overall better on 360 and matches pop up quicker.

I've found for other fighters- 360 matchmaking is better, but in terms of actual gameplay, it's the same.

PS3 is tourney standard for all fighters except HDR , so it has the higher playerbase.
Evo uses PS3 for HDR as well, but most HDR players prefer PS3 (not enough of an issue to cause rage though)

rowanimox

Neo Member
i've been hearing a lot of good stuff about the patch namco did. i have a question though. i have my ps3 connected by wifi, will it be ok? i know that it is no match compared to having it connected directly its just that there is no way to do that at the moment. the ps3 is like 15ft away.

i cant try it out right now cuz my wife is playing ratchet and clank. thanks!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
rowanimox said:
i've been hearing a lot of good stuff about the patch namco did. i have a question though. i have my ps3 connected by wifi, will it be ok? i know that it is no match compared to having it connected directly its just that there is no way to do that at the moment. the ps3 is like 15ft away.

i cant try it out right now cuz my wife is playing ratchet and clank. thanks!

You won't be ok. You'll kill kittens and get banned from GAF for using wifi to play online fighting games. Use a wired connection- or else.

Speaking of fighters and PMs, I always shoot them a compliment if they whooped my ass with variation. I never send hate mail or receive it, though.

rowanimox

Neo Member
arstal said:
You won't be ok. You'll kill kittens and get banned from GAF for using wifi to play online fighting games. Use a wired connection- or else.

fudge... guess i'' run a cable through the ceiling or something then. thanks!

spoon!

for the one match that i've managed to play it was great. but for the past 20 minutes ive been trying to find a match out there thats more than 1 bar >_>

Are any of you even bothering to see how 1 bar plays? I play with a 1-bar all the time and it's smooth as butter--seriously. I can pull of juggles and shit.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
dragonlife29 said:
Are any of you even bothering to see how 1 bar plays? I play with a 1-bar all the time and it's smooth as butter--seriously. I can pull of juggles and shit.

I reject one bar, but always accept 2 (even though its rare anyone else does). I have no issues at all playing like that. I've had two or three (out of...i dunno, ~40) 2 bar matches lag and disconnect on me. I'm playing through wifi too. Maybe other people have different experiences, who knows - but it's annoying when you can't play for 5 minutes people other people keep rejecting "sub-par" connections.

Lyte Edge said:
More Tekken sore-loser fun!

First up is this message in German (I think) on PS3. This guy sent me the message after I beat his ass.

4140139418_67cb256a04.jpg

yeah it's in German :lol :lol

my copy should arrive next week, 21€ including shipping zavvi deal ftw
originally I was looking forward to the CE with the hoodie, but after reading/seeing all this stuff about the bad graphics/tech, forced on shitty campaign and no unlockable characters (I'm more of a offline BemU player) etc. I didn't want to spend much money on T6.

V_Arnold

I just cant believe but I had 3(!!) times a FLAWLESS 1-connection match.

It was like "oh sh**, I accidentally accepted the 1, gosh...", and then I tried to see how much the input lag is. U+F+2 -> oops, it comes out like instantly. It was worse prepatch with 4 connections.

How did Namco turn this beast from something monstrously bad into pure gold? Not really sure, but very good job.

I agree with those rage quitters. Well, not the actual quiting part but, spaming the same move = lame. This isn't freaking Street Fighter, if you're owning that guy then throw some originality in the mix, you'll most likely still win. And if you can't? Then you've just proved them right :S

How's the PSN net code btw?

Real talk, LyteEdge: Maybe you should consider not posting your dialogues with ragequitters, etc. because you aren't really making yourself look too good there.

Top Bottom