• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

zoukka

Demigod Mac said:
Makes me wonder how this netcode didn't make it into the retail copy, with one patch taking the lag problem from bad to great, so soon after the release date. Was it some Michael Bolton style, "Oh shit, I must have put a decimal point in the wrong place
or something!" type of mistake, or was Namco working on it long before the game shipped to retail and decided to patch it in later?

Probably your usual "the man who makes the decisions doesn't know shit about developing and releasing videogames" story.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MM could you ask this: Why is NAMCO still using the same hit effect since Tekken 2 ?

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
MM could you ask this: Why is NAMCO still using the same hit effect since Tekken 2 ?

It's not the same. It's different in T2, T3, TTT PS2 version and so on.

Btw. I felt sad when I noticed the "animated cloud" effect runs at lower framerate then DR, at least it looks like that for me on the replays.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:
It's not the same. It's different in T2, T3, TTT PS2 version and so on.

Btw. I felt sad when I noticed the "animated cloud" effect runs at lower framerate then DR, at least it looks like that for me on the replays.
They are equally awful ;)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
zoukka said:
Probably your usual "the man who makes the decisions doesn't know shit about developing and releasing videogames" story.

That man should be fired, as he cost Namco a lot of sales, and especially $60 sales.

This game would have sold a lot better released this week with this netcode, then when it was with that netcode.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
Okay. THIS is how you do an online update patch. Net play now feels like it's at SF4 quality (or perhaps even better :O) with 4 and 5 bar connections. Amazing.

SNK, take note. :p

I thought SNK's last patch was as good as this, just that no one played anymore so you only got 1-2 bar matches since it was all Mexicans and Nrazilians.

Fersis

arstal said:
I thought SNK's last patch was as good as this, just that no one played anymore so you only got 1-2 bar matches since it was all Mexicans and Brazilians.
I tried to play with a fellow Brazillian Gaffer and it was a disaster :(

Eiji

snap013.png

Monocle

So I tried playing with the new patch, and the improvement was significant. Only one game where there was distracting lag, and it was still no worse than my best pre-update match. Good job, Namco. Now release that practice mode patch and you're golden.

Yknow, I was talking with a friend of mine, and he echoed this statement. Am I the only one who's historically played tekken as a kind of junk food, single player fighting game? Dont have much competition rounds these parts, and online play didn't exist, so been scrubbing it joyfully against ghost opponents mostof the time. Or am I just crazy?:lol

tzare

Fersis said:
I tried to play with a fellow Brazillian Gaffer and it was a disaster :(
if i play with my friends, all from Spain, KOFXII is lagfree, almost perfect, however it is not for long distance matches :(

I hope KOFXIII exists and adresses all problems found in KOFXII.

I am waiting for my copy of tekken 6 :) It is really cheap on blahdvd

Snapshot King said:
Yknow, I was talking with a friend of mine, and he echoed this statement. Am I the only one who's historically played tekken as a kind of junk food, single player fighting game? Dont have much competition rounds these parts, and online play didn't exist, so been scrubbing it joyfully against ghost opponents mostof the time. Or am I just crazy?:lol

I used to spend lots of time in arcades playing pretty much all the 2D fighting games of the past few years but when it came to tekken, I really only played with friends and family who weren't really good at it because I never took it seriously. It was kind of like junk food for me too.

akachan ningen said:
I used to spend lots of time in arcades playing pretty much all the 2D fighting games of the past few years but when it came to tekken, I really only played with friends and family who weren't really good at it because I never took it seriously. It was kind of like junk food for me too.

I'm guessing that part of the problem is that in order to get good at tekken, you need to be REALLY GOOD. Those juggle lists hurt my brain. I mean hell, I play Zangief. I essentially have one or two good combos that I use and it's hardly more complicated than jab jab jab jab kick banishing flat. But Kings so coooool. I wish Gief had multi part throws like Tekken or KOF. =(

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
This may be wrong.

Rumor is going on right now tthat Tekken 6 can be played online by XBL silver accounts. Don't have a 360, but maybe someone can verify? Would be nice is true, though it wouldn't last for long.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
arstal said:
I thought SNK's last patch was as good as this, just that no one played anymore so you only got 1-2 bar matches since it was all Mexicans and Nrazilians.

SNK's patch made the game worse for a lot of people. :lol

I'll try to play TK6 on one of my silver accounts.

Lyte Edge

Didn't work on a silver account I tried. Got a message saying "Your gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to access the Xbox Live functionality."

You can select and enter into the online menu to download data, that's it.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
Didn't work on a silver account I tried. Got a message saying "Your gamer profile does not have the correct permissions to access the Xbox Live functionality."

You can select and enter into the online menu to download data, that's it.

Ok, was wondering.

LowParry

Snapshot King said:
Im a newb to Tekken 6 but...item...throw?

You have to equip his battle coat. The throw is the same no matter. Just with the battle coat equiped, he does a little extra where he pulls a gun out from his coat, puts it to his opponents head and makes a firing motion before kicking them the rest of the way down. Truly the best way to finish a fight. :lol

Taurus

arstal said:
This may be wrong.

Rumor is going on right now tthat Tekken 6 can be played online by XBL silver accounts. Don't have a 360, but maybe someone can verify? Would be nice is true, though it wouldn't last for long.
There's a free Xbox Live weekend in Europe, so Silver members can play too.

Anso

arstal said:
This may be wrong.

It's because of Xtival09 which is currently going on in Europe. During Xtival all silver members access all gold member features.

EDIT: lol, semi-beaten didn't see that.. but yeah, Xtival09

JEKKI

SCRUUUUUUBS!!!

I hate it when they 10 hit combo... coz I seriously have NO IDEA how to escape other than guess parry... which only works like 30%

I also hate Paul & Jack, and to a lesser extent King, coz scrubs looooove to abuse certain moves about them that I havent figured out how to counter yet.

Lyte Edge

Relix said:
The matchmaking is broken to hell thought. I am 48-23 and fighting guys with 328-280. WTF

Yeah, it's really weird. Actually I don't get how you even get ranked. I have characters with just a little over a hundred matches played total, and have hit master or brutal rank, but I'll fight people who have played a couple hundred matches and are the same or 4th dan.

LowParry

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, it's really weird. Actually I don't get how you even get ranked. I have characters with just a little over a hundred matches played total, and have hit master or brutal rank, but I'll fight people who have played a couple hundred matches and are the same or 4th dan.

There is a filter for it but you're sacrificing the best connection filter for it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lyte Edge said:

I was Mentor with Lili with 51 wins and 25 losses, then I fight this Miguel player... he's mentor and he's 175-148 :lol Both of us have a promotion chance and I beat him 3-1 and get promoted to Master. He must have felt like shit :lol

I just faced a 78-18 guy who was a Brawler. Thankfully I won :D

CcrooK said:
There is a filter for it but you're sacrificing the best connection filter for it.

Actually I am using the rank filter =P

LowParry

Relix said:
Actually I am using the rank filter =P

Ohh. Well in that case, no idea. People are ranked all over the place so I guess you just take what you can. I do so I can learn the character match ups. Oh and Marduk players can go fuck themselves.

DR2K

Banned
Relix said:
Did I just see a fucking Church's Chicken Ad in a Campaign level? :lol :lol

Yep. Namco's fighters have Churches Chicken all over them. Look into your SCIV manual for a coupon. :lol

Dahbomb

JEKKI said:
SCRUUUUUUBS!!!

I hate it when they 10 hit combo... coz I seriously have NO IDEA how to escape other than guess parry... which only works like 30%

I also hate Paul & Jack, and to a lesser extent King, coz scrubs looooove to abuse certain moves about them that I havent figured out how to counter yet.
Um... wouldn't that make YOU the scrub?

10 hit combos are the easiest to counter, there are like 5 different ways to counter them. Duck and low jab to interrupt, stay out of range, side step and attack, low parry, reversal/high parry (if your character can perform it).

Lumine

Finally tried online. Had my first 10 player matches. I got a request for 1 bar, 2 bar and 3 bar matches. Each once and skipped them. Everything else was 4 or 5 bars. Game felt pretty much as responsive as local gameplay. It's smooth and finding opponents is fast too.

Jesus christ do online fighting games fill me with tension and stress though. My heart is racing haha. :lol

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Lumine said:
Jesus christ do online fighting games fill me with tension and stress though. My heart is racing haha. :lol

Heh. For some reason the first time I go online with any new fighter it really gets to me. I can't focus properly and I just start mashing uncontrollably. I mellow out and start kicking ass pretty quickly though.

I want to do lili's headdress butt throw but can't with my custom hair. Best throw ever. :(

KingJ2002

this patch makes the online play so much better... im looking forward to the next patch where it improves the practice command list so you can just cycle through the list automatically.

Jubs

This has probably been asked ad nauseam but I gotta ask it, 'cause I need to make sure. With the new patch, is it possible to do combo's easily? Zero (or near zero) input lag? Does it really feel like local play? Is it better than Tekken 5: DR online(which I thought was bad)?

Top Bottom