• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Teknopathetic said:
Real talk, LyteEdge: Maybe you should consider not posting your dialogues with ragequitters, etc. because you aren't really making yourself look too good there.
Basically. Sure his opponent ragequit, but LE just kept harassing the guy.

GrayFoxPL

dragonlife29 said:
Are any of you even bothering to see how 1 bar plays? I play with a 1-bar all the time and it's smooth as butter--seriously. I can pull of juggles and shit.

It just proves the connection bars are still little fucked up. I think Namco made one mistake with them in the patch.

Pre patch it was like this: Bars show initial connection, 2 seconds and they update accordigly. So it could jump from one bar to three etc.
Now they don't update and the status can be wrong. Sometimes I got 3 bar connection and by the end of the fight it drops to 2 bars.

This if fucked up situation, because 95% of players will reject red bars. I don't know how do you do it that people agree to play with you on 1 bar dragonlife, but I would like too.

LowParry

There's also that sync issue with some games. It always seems to happen at the last round. :lol It's no rage quit, that's for sure.

Demigod Mac

Okizeme stuff:

I've fought some advanced players who can keep you perpetually juggled and on the ground. Once they knock you down, that's it: you're not getting back up. They immediately bounce you up again when you try to get up, whether it's standing up, rolling, side rolling...

One thing I've done to address this is play possum for a bit: I'll take a hit or two, but won't get re-juggled. It throws them off and you can get a rising kick or toe kick in on the way up.

What's the best way to learn how to keep an opponent perma-grounded like that? I use Lee primarily, probably not the best for that as his insta-knockdown low attacks are somewhat limited, but I'd like to know.

Teknopathetic said:
Real talk, LyteEdge: Maybe you should consider not posting your dialogues with ragequitters, etc. because you aren't really making yourself look too good there.
Yeah, sorry, that stuff is just as childish.

DR2K

Banned
Foxtastical said:

Trash talk in fighting games is hype. Piss off with the childish crap, you're playing a video game not having a debate on some major political issue. Pansies.

d0c_zaius

DR2K said:
Trash talk in fighting games is hype. Piss off with the childish crap, you're playing a video game not having a debate on some major political issue. Pansies.

The line between hype and douche is almost invisible to the naked eye.

That being said, tried my first online after the patch, and I suck terribly. Its pretty easy to get mad at this game heh, but I know its all my crappy execution to blame.

DR2K said:
There's no such line in the arena.

I know. I hear it everyday on MW2. It's sad.

EDIT: lol I just looked at the pics. "Off to the internet"?, you must have been excited.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Teknopathetic said:

Eh, my responses were cheesy and stupid, but that was the point. The guy rage quit on me, but I still got plenty of entertainment out of the match. :p His name is now out there, so if you happen to get paired up with the guy, you'll know what to expect. Doesn't seem like everyone is in agreement with you, either--

CO_Andy said:
I like hearing Lyte's recounts of scrub history. More i say!
Takuan said:
:lol LE, you card

Thank you sirs!

Master Thespian said:
Basically. Sure his opponent ragequit, but LE just kept harassing the guy.

He quit on me. I sent him a message inquiring what happened, and he came right out saying he rage quit. What "harassment" was going on? It's just trash talk.

CcrooK said:
There's also that sync issue with some games. It always seems to happen at the last round. :lol It's no rage quit, that's for sure.

It really stinks when it happens after a round or two. Especially when you're on the losing end; it screams "rage quit."

Foxtastical said:

That's the point! DR2K gets it.

Lyte Edge said:
He quit on me. I sent him a message inquiring what happened, and he came right out saying he rage quit. What "harassment" was going on? It's just trash talk.
The first couple of messages were cool, but to keep that nonsense going? Once dude went to sarcasm you'd already won.

Sure. My friend, who hasn't purchased a fighting game since Tekken 3, just bought it. He played it at my house about a week ago and said he couldn't get it out of his mind. Once the reports of the sexy smooth netcode patch came out he jumped all over it. Too bad Namco fucked themselves out of so many sales (especially full price ones) by not shipping the game like this.

GrayFoxPL said:
I don't know how do you do it that people agree to play with you on 1 bar dragonlife, but I would like too.
Oh, no, I meant the guy I play with regularly has a 1-bar connection--not me. At least, I don't think so.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Silly question : How would you guys compare the netcode against SFIV ?

I still want to get this Tekken 6 game you talk so much :D

fernoca

Loving this on PSPGo.
Started playing with Kazuya..then fought Miguel and I was like "WIF, I forgot about him, I wanted to play as him!"
So choose him, now have him on 2nd Dan..with short black hair, glasses..shirtless and jeans!!.. :D

My only experience with Tekken 6 prior to this has been...YouTube videos, and yeah loadings are really short compared to the console version (again comparing videos), and even shorter (by 2 secs) when you install; even the PSN version (on the PSP Go)...but love it. Great visuals, score..

Someone at GameFAQs made a lits of the changes between the console and PSP versions:
- No "Insert Coin" on intro movie
- New Main Menu music
- New Character Selection music on Story Battle
- New Customization music
- New Credits music
- New Pre-fight and Post-fight music
- No replay feature
- Character Selection/Vs Screen has lo-res character images
- Round time is capped at 99
- New Prologue text for Alisa and Lars
- New Epilogue text for Alisa and Lars
- Ending of Lars is Scenario Campaign's first CG intro
- Ending of Alisa is a helicopter scene from Scenario Campaign which is an Ingame Cutscene instead of the usual CG animation
- No 3P customes on Jin, Lili, Asuka, Alex Jr.
- Azazel's whole body can now be seen on a match instead of the PS3/360 version's which you're fighting with a giant chicken feet. I just felt that PSP is slightly more polished than PS3/360.
- Scenario Campaign has been replaced with Gold Rush which will reward you by doing different moves. Spamming the same moves will net you less golds. Getting hit will take away 25%(?) of your current gold.
- Customization is different from PS3/360. Lower Body and Thigh/Feet has been combined as one and Upper Body and Sleeve/Arms has been combined as one. No more different color versions of item. Colors can only be changed on Costume Colors.
I did liked the Vs. screen being like the original games begin just two CG portraits of the characters..as the announcer says "Get ready for the next battle"..instead of a realtime render of your custom character.

Lyte Edge

I've had a few matches post-patch where the game dropped to one bar but was still very playable. Pre-patch I'd often get matches that were better on one bar than they were on full.

Only had a couple of bad matches since the patch dropped. Didn't even seem to be an input lag problem though; just major lag with the game slowing down like crazy.

Fersis said:
Silly question : How would you guys compare the netcode against SFIV ?

I still want to get this Tekken 6 game you talk so much :D
CcrooK said:
I say it's equal, if not better than SFIV.

I second this. It is remarkably improved online. Maybe even better than SF4 now.

fernoca said:
Someone at GameFAQs made a lits of the changes between the console and PSP versions:

There's a few other differences not listed. GameFAQs is so awful, though. The PSP board is filled with people complaining that the game sucks and isn't worth it because it doesn't have the (crappy) scenario mode and/or doesn't have the dojo mode from 5DR, plus that the story mode is only a few stages long. I will never understand people who buy fighting games for their storyline. That's NAVIGATR levels of crappiness.

I did liked the Vs. screen being like the original games begin just two CG portraits of the characters..as the announcer says "Get ready for the next battle"..instead of a realtime render of your custom character.

The CG portraits are so low-quality, though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
4136933448_7192fdf0a1.jpg

fernoca

Tried the PSP version in adhoc Party..lost 1-3.. :( ..all matches were really laggy but playable; even against people relatively close to me.

Will try again tomorrow, since "other fighters" I've tried through adhoc Party played with little to no lag.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Why is it I get a lot more trash and ghetto talk and mic spam in Tekken instead of SFIV?

I'm really wondering if there is a generational divide in fighters.

Yuck. I never have my headset on when playing Ranked matches in fighters--ever. I'll only wear it when playing against people I somewhat know in Player Matches.

arstal said:
Why is it I get a lot more trash and ghetto talk and mic spam in Tekken instead of SFIV?

Is East Coast swagger son. Mofo's been talking trash since Street Figher was in the bodega's in every hood back in the day. Is all love homie. Same thing Ali did, is all about psyching your opponent out man.

Aeris130

Either this game sold like hotcakes in Sweden, or namco outdid themselves on the netcode. Nothing but 4/5-bar lagfree matches this weekend.

Why are my unranked online matches added to my win loss ration? It makes me look shit even on my offline home favourite page. ;_;

Also, any tips from Feng users on this forum?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Feng was the first character I picked up in TEKKEN 6 :D

With Feng, get his combos down first. What are you currently using?

I'd suggest learning ways to implement the following combo starters:

- f+4
- SS+4
- f+3,4
- f,f+4
- d/b+4
- BT d+3

They all have their own time/place. But you should definitely get the combos for each one of those moves down.

I'd also suggest watching top Feng Wei videos online (YouTube/Nico Video)... as they are inspiring/help a lot.

----

TEKKEN 6 nuts, Perfect Guide is on the way:

http://sdtekken.com

Thanks for the help! I didn't realise f+4 was a starter cos I alwas used it as f+4,3 / 4.

The Staple combos I generally use start with either uf+4; f+3,4 or f+4,3 and usually end with f+2,1,2 or df+2,2 or d+4,1+2. My main problem with Feng though is that I haven't noticed any really fast combos or moves by him, aside from 1,2,2, b+1 and b+1+2. It seems most of his moves are really for a defensive / punishing style, rather than going out on all attack (unlike e.g. Julia??) and it makes online play difficult.

Also, how does the sidestep system work in this game? I'm definitely a newbie to Tekken as I really only played SoulCalibur and dabbled with the tutorial of Virtua Fighter. In SC they did the A>B but SS>A but B>SS. Is there anything like this in Tekken? I try to SS but I keep getting hit. If they hit with their left limb, do I SS to the right or do I block and wait out there chain or try and reverse it?

Oh yeah, Markman your podcast sdtekken isn't working via itunes. Is there a direct link anywhere? Thanks.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
wackojackosnose said:
Thanks for the help! I didn't realise f+4 was a starter cos I alwas used it as f+4,3 / 4.

The Staple combos I generally use start with either uf+4; f+3,4 or f+4,3 and usually end with f+2,1,2 or df+2,2 or d+4,1+2. My main problem with Feng though is that I haven't noticed any really fast combos or moves by him, aside from 1,2,2, b+1 and b+1+2. It seems most of his moves are really for a defensive / punishing style, rather than going out on all attack (unlike e.g. Julia??) and it makes online play difficult.

I would suggest using these combos:

For either of these starters; WS+3 | u/f+4 | f+3,4 | f,f+4 into:

d/f+1, d/f+1, f+4,3, B! into f+3,4 or 4~3 flip. Both options have great okizeme followups.

Also, if you have a wall near you, you might want to opt for wall damage and bound at the wall instead of in the open. For example. Near wall, you land an u/f+4 then do, 1, 1, d/f+2,2, W!(wall hit), then as they are sliding down from the wall you can do d/b+2,2,2 into B! then finish the wall bound combo with f+2,1,2.

Feng has excellent poke tools that are both fast/rewarding.

For low range, use d/b+3 (it has excellent range!) and d+2 (crush and CH options are awesome). If d+2 hits CH (knocks down opponent), you get a free d+3+4 stomp (just crouch cancel of ss to stand faster as d+2 recovers in crouch).

b+4 is a 12 frame MID move. Use that a lot. d/f+1 and b+4 are amazing tools.

1,2,2~B on hit will leave you open to performing a mixup on your opponent, either do a BT d+3 (low sweep that knocks down) or do a mid/throw. Use 1+2 for mid or if you're daring do BT 3 (slow though).

If BT d+3 hits, btw, the combo is BT d+3, WS+4, d+4,1+2. You can get even better combos but they might be a bit advanced as they are character specific.

wackojackosnose said:
Also, how does the sidestep system work in this game? I'm definitely a newbie to Tekken as I really only played SoulCalibur and dabbled with the tutorial of Virtua Fighter. In SC they did the A>B but SS>A but B>SS. Is there anything like this in Tekken? I try to SS but I keep getting hit. If they hit with their left limb, do I SS to the right or do I block and wait out there chain or try and reverse it?

For the most part, moves in TEKKEN differ, its more of a trial and error thing. The only for sure things that track, are the homing moves (you'll notice a white streak along the limb when it comes out). Off the top of my head, Feng's d/f+3+4 is a homing move.

So yea, when testing moves and how to SS against them, most of it you'll have to learn via experience.

wackojackosnose said:
Oh yeah, Markman your podcast sdtekken isn't working via itunes. Is there a direct link anywhere? Thanks.

http://sdtekken.com/2009/10/15/sdt-podcast-show-no-1/

Fersis said:
Tell me the truth... did you shed a tear?

No, I LOL'd actually. :)

What's the pro opinion on Asuka? I find her easy to use and her combo's seem to flow really well for me but I feel like I'm on a distinct disadvantage against characters like Law and Feng who have extremely fast and punishing moves, I find it difficult to make an opening with Asuka.

Is it worth starting another character or sticking to what's comfortable?

fernoca

Sai said:
So... No connectivity between the PSP and PS3 versions then? :/
Nope. It was never intended or expected anyway.
In a really basic way, both games are just the same..but the PSP version lacks the "Campaign Mode"..and the console versions lack the "Gold Rush Mode".

unomas

Banned
Been sitting on my copy only having played a decent portion of the single player, and was hoping for an online patch with all the complaints that had come in. Sounds like they did a very good job with the patch, this will definitely get me playing online.

GrayFoxPL

Uhhhh, so many sore loosers today on psn. Geezas, it's horribble!

I finally getting my starting up Leo to the point I'm comfortable in pulling off constant preasure and smooth stance changes for mixups. I got lot of woop ass to get to this point.

So here I am with my about 15:20 Win:loss ratio Leo. Here goes my opponent: Bryan status: mentor Win:loss about 300:150 something like that. Oh fuck! Ok, let's try what I learned to this point. So I got in a groove and menaged to pressure him so much so I had him guessing on every strike. It was very tense as I had to keep him from spaming his bullshit mids. So in the end I won 3:1 and was feeling really good because I gave it all I had and was sweating like crazy.
You'd thing someone with "mentor" would have some "class". I get a message "Were you born a retard?". I know that loosing to a 2 dan Leo must've been embarrasing, but this is just sad.

Another one was Lars, he got all the juggles to the t, but so what if he couldn't really keep up the guard during fight? I played Miguel with terribble record like 3-10, but I train like that always. First get a woop ass - learn - improve. That's the way the ball rolls for me. So the fight was close as hell and on 5 round we were both on rage and I got his slide with my sweep and won. I wanted to send him "Good fight" message, but before that I got: "Fucking lagging nooooooooob!"

I understand people expect to win against someone with bad win ratio and are surprised when they don't, but for fucks sake have, some respect for people.

Add to that rage quitters and more sore losers (most with fuckload of wins) and I ask: Where has sportsmenship gone?

I've been called a retard 5 or 6 times today by different people. I'm starting to question myself. ;)

The only time I got "good game" msg was from ppl from my own country which is wierd as usually there's none of this "home boy" friendliness.

Sometimes I answer those hate msgs with my own trash, but it's pointless. I should feel satified that I got them mad but honestly I don't. I fell sad. I feel sad because I initialy feel respect to every new person I meet, when I lose this respect, the depression hits me.

I'd love not to get messages from anyone and pretend everyone is a honorable samurai online :p.

GrayFoxPL

i hate bees said:
What's the pro opinion on Asuka? I find her easy to use and her combo's seem to flow really well for me but I feel like I'm on a distinct disadvantage against characters like Law and Feng who have extremely fast and punishing moves, I find it difficult to make an opening with Asuka.

Is it worth starting another character or sticking to what's comfortable?

That would be the smart thing to do. There's no perfect character. You'll always have that feeling "Oh it's hard in this situation with this char, another does it alot better." You switch and you start to see the "holes" in this character and you switch again. "The grass is always greener."

I'm no pro, but I say stick to Asuka if you like her. There are always better or worse matchups. Just don't use that db+4,4,4,3 to often. Most people quickly learn to crouch after first sweep.

Sadly, I don't eat my own medicine. I'm constantly switching chars. I just can't help it. One day I want to play this one, the next day I'm in the mood for another. I get terribly beat because of that, you switch focus to often then your game goes to shits. Also If I get decent at one I'm starting another. Also bad way to play, but at least I don't fall in rutine. :lol

Sectus

GrayFoxPL said:
That would be the smart thing to do. There's no perfect character. You'll always have that feeling "Oh it's hard in this situation with this char, another does it alot better." You switch and you start to see the "holes" in this character and you switch again. "The grass is always greener."

I'm no pro, but I say stick to Asuka if you like her. There are always better or worse matchups. Just don't use that db+4,4,4,3 to often. Most people quickly learn to crouch after first sweep.

Sadly, I don't eat my own medicine. I'm constantly switching chars. I just can't help it. One day I want to play this one, the next day I'm in the mood for another. I get terribly beat because of that, you switch focus to often then your game goes to shits. Also If I get decent at one I'm starting another. Also bad way to play, but at least I don't fall in rutine. :lol
One thing to add to that. If you find yourself beaten by a specific character a lot, it can help you a lot to start playing as that character. Not to specifically become good at that character (although you might end up like that), but learning how that character plays makes it muuuuuuuuch easier to fight against that character.

On the bad side, that's freaking daunting to do. There's kinda a ton of characters in this game.

unomas

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
Uhhhh, so many sore loosers today on psn. Geezas, it's horribble!

I finally getting my starting up Leo to the point I'm comfortable in pulling off constant preasure and smooth stance changes for mixups. I got lot of woop ass to get to this point.

So here I am with my about 15:20 Win:loss ratio Leo. Here goes my opponent: Bryan status: mentor Win:loss about 300:150 something like that. Oh fuck! Ok, let's try what I learned to this point. So I got in a groove and menaged to pressure him so much so I had him guessing on every strike. It was very tense as I had to keep him from spaming his bullshit mids. So in the end I won 3:1 and was feeling really good because I gave it all I had and was sweating like crazy.
You'd thing someone with "mentor" would have some "class". I get a message "Were you born a retard?". I know that loosing to a 2 dan Leo must've been embarrasing, but this is just sad.

Another one was Lars, he got all the juggles to the t, but so what if he couldn't really keep up the guard during fight? I played Miguel with terribble record like 3-10, but I train like that always. First get a woop ass - learn - improve. That's the way the ball rolls for me. So the fight was close as hell and on 5 round we were both on rage and I got his slide with my sweep and won. I wanted to send him "Good fight" message, but before that I got: "Fucking lagging nooooooooob!"

I understand people expect to win against someone with bad win ratio and are surprised when they don't, but for fucks sake have, some respect for people.

Add to that rage quitters and more sore losers (most with fuckload of wins) and I ask: Where has sportsmenship gone?

I've been called a retard 5 or 6 times today by different people. I'm starting to question myself. ;)

The only time I got "good game" msg was from ppl from my own country which is wierd as usually there's none of this "home boy" friendliness.

Sometimes I answer those hate msgs with my own trash, but it's pointless. I should feel satified that I got them mad but honestly I don't. I fell sad. I feel sad because I initialy feel respect to every new person I meet, when I lose this respect, the depression hits me.

I'd love not to get messages from anyone and pretend everyone is a honorable samurai online :p.

So many people are closet assholes, online gaming let's them get it out. On Live I got most of my bad feedback from 1 on 1 games, I was sick of people leaving me negative feedback because they got butthurt when I destroyed them. It's definitely worse in 1 on 1 games than it is in team games.

GrayFoxPL

unomas said:
So many people are closet assholes, online gaming let's them get it out. On Live I got most of my bad feedback from 1 on 1 games, I was sick of people leaving me negative feedback because they got butthurt when I destroyed them. It's definitely worse in 1 on 1 games than it is in team games.

"Closet assholes" - I like that. :)

Yeah you're right. Maybe in team games they're sure they were flawless and it's only because the rest of team they lost.

Lyte Edge

arstal said:

Stupid-ass trash talk's been going on since SF2. I can remember all kinds of dumb shit that went on. One time when my brother beat a guy in MK2 arcade, the guy pushed him, talked all kinds of shit, and kept trying to get him to "step outside and throw down." Over a video game.

But I think Tekken is more casual-friendly than say, Street Fighter, so it's going to attract more of the weekend warrior types, who don't even begin to try and learn the game.

GrayFoxPL said:

I used to feel this way, but there's nothing to get depressed over. You didn't do anything wrong. The guy who played against is a sore-loser/dickhead, is all. Look at the hate mail as a positive and from the standpoint that you beat someone down so badly that they had to resort to excuses and stupid insults in an attempt to make themselves feel better. Don't get sad...return the favor. Have fun with these idiots. It's too bad the Bad Loser Wall Of Shame page is no longer updating.

Well, you don't have to read the messages that you get...

Top Bottom