• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Jubs

Well, finally gave in and bought T6 (PS3). I was hoping to somehow get my hands on a borrowed copy to test the online out, but I was afraid the game was going to shoot back up to $59.99 after today. So yeah, fuck it, I couldn't wait any longer.

I want to fight some of the gaffers here!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
For new page:

---

TEKKEN 6 National Event/Stream will take place on Dec. 12th. Are you guys ready?

4148593468_e904b95c18_o.jpg

Northern California, show up!

RSVP by emailing TEKKEN6@star-fishevents.com !

SoulFist

So I've been playing Kazuya, and I've gotten most of his launchers down like the EWGF but I don't know what to follow it up with. Any BnB combos for after I launch or B! the opponent?

LowParry

SoulFist said:
So I've been playing Kazuya, and I've gotten most of his launchers down like the EWGF but I don't know what to follow it up with. Any BnB combos for after I launch or B! the opponent?

I usually go for EWGFx2, df 1, 2b, f, d, df, 4, 1.

or if near wall: EWGFx2, df 1, 2b, df, 3, 2, 1

Check out the sample combos too in practice.

AAK

Jubs said:
Well, finally gave in and bought T6 (PS3). I was hoping to somehow get my hands on a borrowed copy to test the online out, but I was afraid the game was going to shoot back up to $59.99 after today. So yeah, fuck it, I couldn't wait any longer.

I want to fight some of the gaffers here!

TwIsTeD said:
just got my ps3 LE for $60 thanks to amazon, hope the patched online play is superior to the akward 360 play

Welcome!

Don't forget to Level Up Your Game!

finally got to play this online on my 360 since I can't play it on my PS3 till the motor gets fixed.

Damn. Online is so nice. I had a hard time for a while thinking that Tekken could run so smooth.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's really beginning to get to the point that I expect hate mail after a match now.

Played an Asuka player who did not seem to understand that you can block or counter low. So I capitalized on this. There's some occasional garbled crap coming from his mic, then when I beat him I get a nasty messages with a word or two I'd dare not post here. Blocked him. Pick some other characters, go back to the one I was using before, and get the same guy again. I hear "what are the odds?!" and proceed to beat him the exact same way again.

This makes me wonder something, because its happened against other players, too-- It seems like a lot of the time, you get matched up with a pool of players using specific characters. Switch and it's different; go back to the same character and get the same players again.

Still getting matched up with people much higher or much lower ranked, too. I hope this gets addressed.

FunBoy

I ordered Tekken 6 on 360 for £20! from shopto last night on there Monday deal I'm looking forward to playing it when it arrives tomorrow! :D

west

Lyte Edge said:
It's really beginning to get to the point that I expect hate mail after a match now.

Yeah, I got my fair share of this yesterday. You would think playing Armor King would lessen the amount of "cheap ****!" comments you get, but suprisingly using Giant Swing is considered lag abusing and playing safe is being a scrub.

Good times :)

I also got matched against the same player 5 times in about 2 hours.... great job with the matchmaking. :p

Met zoukka online aswell... first random neogaf matchup. ( As far as I know... ) woo!

GrayFoxPL

FindMyFarms said:
Yo thanks for the bombass advice man! You hooked it up with the Baek goodies(i posted that video you commented on, baek's my main), and now with Paul/Kazuya. By now you can probably tell that I know only know like 3 or 4 moves per characters haha, so learning the tools is going to be something I really need to take care of.

My basic strategy going into the matches (which is why I say street fighter style) was to use movement to bait a whiff, then punish accordingly, and then if I sensed that you were afraid of throwing something out I'd just run up and throw. I'm so out of the water with regards to in close combat with the random pokes, I feel like i'm always at frame disadvantage and it's where you took me out pretty handily.

But yeah, thanks again for the games, I'm gonna take your advice and run with it. Also, I'm in Dallas, Tx.

No need to be modest, you'd lay down the ownage like no other! :lol :lol

Cheers man! Hope we'll play some more.
I didn't realise you were that Beak untill now. Man, my mind is like a swizz cheese lately.

You are in Texas?! I played someone across ocean? Are you kidding me? Seriously, I would never guess, the conection wasn't that bad at all. This is amazing! People look at this:

vrg4yr.jpg

I thought I'd never live to the day to experience decent online play on USA - EU line.
Mindblowing for me! O_O

Another proof of quality of that patch. It's maybe better then SF4.

Edit: I feel dumb. I didn't try quick player match because I thought it searches from the custom player matches servers. Just realised it works like ranked match. So much less stress.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
WTF?

This code will give you access to your Tekken 6 Samurai Pack.

Amazon sent me that code plus a gift card because they took too long. WTF? Wasn't expecting this :lol

panda21

stupid practice mode D: are they ever going to patch it other than just the online? learning characters without being able to hold the list and move through it is driving me insane

west said:
The secret is to talk Finnish :D

I only said "GAF?" in the message, which I thought was international nerd talk for "Hello, do you frequent the preemminent message board known as NeoGaf?", not "Please forward all of your shitty chain mail to me, kthxbye."

I'm quite dissapointed that people still believe in chain mail though. :/

GrayFoxPL

Didn't get any hate msgs today! Maybe because I didn't play much and mostly in quick player match, but still. Wow.

I was screwing around with "Devkit Jin".

How many win-buttons can you put in a character?

So many! :lol

ZROCOOL said:
Jin player's need help with juggles. I'm stuck with old T5 setups. :(

Yeah, I play him like T5 but realize that's the wrong thing to do. At least I'm adjusting my Kaz to play with bound properly, but I just can't with Jin.

LowParry

ZROCOOL said:

Well, they have options. Although I find myself at best using Jin with low pokes, followed with stand up launchers. It's effective but doesn't always work. D 3+4 works pretty good after a side step.

MrPliskin said:
Wow. Seriously poor review.

I only know what Gold Rush is because he mentions it in passing. Terrible.
One can only hope he tells us each feature, how many characters there are, the resolution and the sound quality.

Fingers crossed!

imtehman

Banned
Just got the tekken bundle.

First thing i can say about it is that the wireless stick sucks compared to the SF4 TE. Of course this should go without saying but damn it really does feel like night and day in terms of the quality of the sticks.

Also kind of sucks that you need AA batteries instead of using the play and charge kit.

GrayFoxPL

ZROCOOL said:

Use the new "wonder popup" move. b+2,1 . It's the main new tool for juggles for Jin.

You can use it up to 3 times after a laucher If I remember right. It's not for dealing damage, but insane wall carry. That pop up makes the opponent travel forward and very high.
Few pop ups and enemy hits wall high above you. Then dash in and cook up a wall combo of your choice. Even simple 1,2 then 1,2,3 for bound and more pain does huge damage.

You can use b+2,1 then b,f+2,1 then again b+2,1. Don't remember if it works after all launchers or just ws+2.

Use b+2,1 after hellsweeps, CH db+4. Should work also after uf+3 ch stun and b+3 ch stun.

In terms of bounds Jin only have few.
Moves that bound:
ff+3
f+3~3
f+1,3~3
df+4

From these you practicaly use only 2. 1,2,3 and f+1,3~3.

Some simple juggles ending in bound are
launcher and:
3,1 then 1,2,3
b,f+2,1 then f1,3~3.

Ofcourse you can jab more for wall carry. Basicaly it's better for Jin to wall carry opponent in the air and use bound after he hits a wall.

Hmm... what else. That f,d,df+1, EWHF, f1,3~3 B! combo is strong, but yeah, hard.

Oh yeah EWHF, what can you do after it hits on counter? From my experience:
Dash and ff+2 is the easiest. Dash and hellsweep and 3+4 follow up. Dash and df+1 then f1,3~3 bound. Not sure if dash and b+2,1 works consistently.

The knee b+3 is pretty good but the range is very short. After ch stun fast b,f + 2,1,2 works.

F+4 CH stun follow ups are similar to those after EWHF CH.

I don't mention combos after bound, because I don't remember much right now. :lol Been a while since I played Jin. Generic db+2,2,3 does the trick. For more advanced stuff dash in with df+1 and follow with jabs or do wonder pop up. Everyone uses wonder popup! Use it and abuse it! :lol

b,f+2,1,2 does not seem to work after bound. At least not for me. Maybe I'm too slow.
But I'm pretty fucking sure the full thing hits after wallstun.

That's all I digged up for now from my crappy memory. Sorry if it's too messy. I play other characters now and it's hard to switch back the mindset.

New trailer for psp version. Some good clean footage. Looks awesome. I want that gold rush mode on PS3 :(.

PSP trailer.

Got invited to the king of iron fist tournament for being one of the top video sharers in the Tekken 6 King of Iron Fist Video-Sharing Tournament. :lol

So, wish me luck ... I'll need it to get past the first round.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
FindMyFarms said:
My ranked record is equally as bad (2-20 or something dumb)

You get better. I started off losing almost every match and had like 3-17 or something. Now I'm around 29-36 and 4th Dan. It's really satisfying to beat guys with 300 wins and hear them bitching about how annoying you are. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I got invited into the final round of the GGL online tournament for Xbox 360/TEKKEN 6.

I need to practice playing online.

Who wants some.

GT - MarkManSDT

I'll be on later tonight after I get back from our local T6 tournament.

noodalls

So I finally went online with this, played as Eddy who is my main and versed a Lili player striaght up. Pretty soon I realised that I hadn't reconfigured my buttons from switching to pad from strangely arranged joystick, so the kicks were swapped and I had no right punch.

I won. I'm sure the opponent said something about Eddy players under his breath, but no message sadly.

Swapped buttons then had a great time playing, netcode really is good.

GrayFoxPL

For easy going games use quick player match guys. A lot less nerve wrecking and I still have to get hate spam from players there.

y2dvd

Blah, ranked records aren't much to go by. I know a few players who should've had a much better record but gets random losses due to bs lag.

I need to get in some games with yall.

Lumine

Online really has been a smooth ride since patch. Loving it. Just 2 things:

- Why is there no goddamn rematch option online? It makes so much sense to have it hurts.

- Why did they have to add Alisa to this game? Such an annoying shit character. :mad:

So, after a day of playing, 2 things struck me.

1) Maybe it's because I'd actually *played* T5DR a little before I got Tekken 6, but it looks *way* better than people led me to believe. It has shit IQ, but all console games have shit IQ. Maybe I'm immune to caring about that. Lighting and motion blur really add to it, though.

2) Patched netcode on par with SF4? lolno. Could be due to the way the game works instead of actual technical inferiority, but the end result isn't quite as good.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just got this in mail yesterday, got it on PS3 for $29.99 from Amazon. I am LOVING this game, been learning Miguel, so much fun. Maybe cause I went in with low expectations due to the backlash when it was released but I think it does what its supposed very well..I also dont plan on playing this online so the bad net code is a non factor.

I think the game looks pretty damn good overall. What is the consensus on having motion blur on or off?? I tried it both ways and it seems like its a bit clearer with it off. Is there any hard data on framerates with it on and off? Nitpicky I know but Im really curious.

Also FUCK scenario campaign...I find it incredibly annoying and I suck at it. I wish there was a code to unlock all items in the game at once so I wouldnt have to bother with it.

Top Bottom