• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

noodalls

i hate bees said:
What's the point of Jin's parry? it doesn't interrupt combo's and seemingly doesn't create an opening.
Jin Parry
F1 blocks. F2-8 Parry. F9-18 blocks. F19-30 gets hit. F31 blocks

west

i hate bees said:
What's the point of Jin's parry? it doesn't interrupt combo's and seemingly doesn't create an opening.

It gives Jin frame priority since he recovers faster than if he had blocked the move.

Followups depend on the oponents move however.

y2dvd

unomas said:
Does anyone have any tips on who to use as your main character in scenario campaign mode? For those of you who have beat it who did you use? I've been using Lei, and I'm at the point where you fight
Alisa but I can't beat this bitch to save my life
. So I'm a little frustrated and I'm treasure farming with Lei right now to build him up the best I can, but I still can't pass it. Any tips would be appreciated, once I get done with the campaign I'm looking to go on PSN for online matches.

I found campaign mode to be pretty easy with Dragonuv. I just f,f,2 all day to clear up crowds.

Who's down for some games on the psn tonight? =)

After countless hours of me and my cousin playing Tekken 5 DR for PS3 being floored by the graphics, we sat and came to the conclusion that Tekken 6 would look leaps and bounds better. We were wrong, this game looks very very average. Oh well my initial disapointment was made better by the fantastic gameplay.

Caj814

I think a lot of the general complaints on tekken 6 not looking as good come mainly from comparing it to more recent games(Uncharted 2) and I think people were expecting Tekken to look EXACTLY or VERY close to how the CG cutscenes are by now.Namco got close but it look like it could have still used more work on the resolution of the textures,normal maps(some appear fuzzy on close ups)and lighting on the characters.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
GrayFoxPL said:
Use the new "wonder popup" move. b+2,1 . It's the main new tool for juggles for Jin.

You can use it up to 3 times after a laucher If I remember right. It's not for dealing damage, but insane wall carry. That pop up makes the opponent travel forward and very high.
Few pop ups and enemy hits wall high above you. Then dash in and cook up a wall combo of your choice. Even simple 1,2 then 1,2,3 for bound and more pain does huge damage.

You can use b+2,1 then b,f+2,1 then again b+2,1. Don't remember if it works after all launchers or just ws+2.

Use b+2,1 after hellsweeps, CH db+4. Should work also after uf+3 ch stun and b+3 ch stun.

In terms of bounds Jin only have few.
Moves that bound:
ff+3
f+3~3
f+1,3~3
df+4

From these you practicaly use only 2. 1,2,3 and f+1,3~3.

Some simple juggles ending in bound are
launcher and:
3,1 then 1,2,3
b,f+2,1 then f1,3~3.

Ofcourse you can jab more for wall carry. Basicaly it's better for Jin to wall carry opponent in the air and use bound after he hits a wall.

Hmm... what else. That f,d,df+1, EWHF, f1,3~3 B! combo is strong, but yeah, hard.

Oh yeah EWHF, what can you do after it hits on counter? From my experience:
Dash and ff+2 is the easiest. Dash and hellsweep and 3+4 follow up. Dash and df+1 then f1,3~3 bound. Not sure if dash and b+2,1 works consistently.

The knee b+3 is pretty good but the range is very short. After ch stun fast b,f + 2,1,2 works.

F+4 CH stun follow ups are similar to those after EWHF CH.

I don't mention combos after bound, because I don't remember much right now. :lol Been a while since I played Jin. Generic db+2,2,3 does the trick. For more advanced stuff dash in with df+1 and follow with jabs or do wonder pop up. Everyone uses wonder popup! Use it and abuse it! :lol

b,f+2,1,2 does not seem to work after bound. At least not for me. Maybe I'm too slow.
But I'm pretty fucking sure the full thing hits after wallstun.

That's all I digged up for now from my crappy memory. Sorry if it's too messy. I play other characters now and it's hard to switch back the mindset.

New trailer for psp version. Some good clean footage. Looks awesome. I want that gold rush mode on PS3 :(.

PSP trailer.

Thanks for breaking it down GrayFoxPL and sorry for the late reply. I've been quite busy this week. :((

GrayFoxPL

Caj814 said:
I think a lot of the general complaints on tekken 6 not looking as good come mainly from comparing it to more recent games(Uncharted 2) and I think people were expecting Tekken to look EXACTLY or VERY close to how the CG cutscenes are by now.Namco got close but it look like it could have still used more work on the resolution of the textures,normal maps(some appear fuzzy on close ups)and lighting on the characters.
It's not that. Graphics look just dirty. There's tons of post procesing effects and dramatic lighting but thanks to lower resolution it all cluters and doesn't give desired effect. On PS3 when you turn motion blur off it has anti aliasing and just that gives better IQ of the whole game, but we should get both. There's also this that most Tekken fans played Tekken DR Online while waiting for T6 and that had superb image quality with tons of AA and just looked very clean and easy on the eyes. When you jump from DR to T6 the low resolution and grainines just beats the eyeballs. Yes that was PS2 upscaled but the fact of going step back in IQ between the games is there.

Btw. I said it allready, but I hate T6 lightning on the stages. It's overdone, overblown and the drastic change in it's intesivity contrast from one stage to another just pisses me off. T5 stages were miles better.

ZROCOOL said:
Thanks for breaking it down GrayFoxPL and sorry for the late reply. I've been quite busy this week. :((

Cheers man!
It's hard for me to get matches lately. I can connect once then wait, wait, wait... Something's fucked. I got maybe 5 matches today. :p Must be too long friend's list. I don't have a clue what else isn't right.

You people can call me dumb fuck, but I'm playing this game from the begining and still didn't figure out how "rulette" works. I just mash buttons and sometimes get lucky then I mash more and sometimes I get shitload of cross lines and not only one.
Can I stop the slots by buttons or is it random?

Once a ufo flew and something was dangling from my character in his intro but I pushed buttons to quick and didn't get a good look. No idea what the fuck was that! :lol

JEKKI

I been listening to MYK's Tekken podcast.

here's my imitation of the host:

"hmm... interesting"

"that's interesting"

"oh, interesting"

"interesting"

"I see... interesting"

LowParry

Mystic Forest stage is....bloomy. Get characters in that stage that are in white colored customs and it's blinding. :lol

Pachimari

Just got the review copy of Tekken 6 for the PlayStation 3.
I like the new characters so far and the stages are pretty good. No complaints toward the netcode just yet.

Anyway, do you know how to do the special attacks, like throwing a shoe, calling the chickens, using the shotgun etc. ?

unomas

Banned
I'm a beast! 3-26 in online ranked matches with Lei so far! God I suck at this game. I'm getting bounced off the ground more than a basketball.

d0c_zaius

unomas said:
I'm a beast! 3-26 in online ranked matches with Lei so far! God I suck at this game. I'm getting bounced off the ground more than a basketball.

Haha Im much the same. 1-15 with miguel :lol

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
He, i have to learn to get up :lol
Also i have to pick a character : Steve,Miguel or Bruce.

unomas

Banned
d0c_zaius said:
Haha Im much the same. 1-15 with miguel :lol

It's brutal, if you don't know all the launchers and ground attacks you pretty much don't stand a chance. I haven't learned Lei well enough to link things together and juggle guys. Any good sites out there that anyone knows of?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
regarding tekken podcasts

I hope the sdt one isn't like that :x

been so busy/lazy, I have so much content and topics I wanna cover... I just need to DO IT!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:

been so busy/lazy, I have so much content and topics I wanna cover... I just need to DO IT!
Bro, you said that you were going to talk to Namco soon, can you ask them about bringing Jun back? As long as the producer is saying that she's still missing, the T6 storyline gives a good opportunity to bring her back.

LowParry

MarkMan said:

Do whatever you can. Just keep in touch with the community is all I ask for. And make some appearance on streams!

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I still think it's a good idea for the next Tekken game on the X360 to have Avatar fighters. I still don't know if MS still has that moratorium on Avatar-on-Avatar violence, though...

LowParry

twinturbo2 said:
I still think it's a good idea for the next Tekken game on the X360 to have Avatar fighters. I still don't know if MS still has that moratorium on Avatar-on-Avatar violence, though...

There any avatar dress ups you can buy that are Tekken themed?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
CcrooK said:
There any avatar dress ups you can buy that are Tekken themed?
None that I know of. I know that the PS3 version has PS Home goodies, but why couldn't they throw in Avatar awards for the X360 version? Maybe they can patch some in... nah, they'll make us pay for 'em.

Fersis said:
Yesterday i tried the practice mode, i opened the command list and ....
100+ moves for each character? Wow
Im a KOF, SF kind of guy so im pretty shocked about that, looooots of stuff to learn.

Also note the move lists dont show all the character moves. These are known as hidden moves.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Seriously, someone should ask if Avatar-on-Avatar violence is still verboten. Using 'em in Tekken battles would so validate their existence.

Sectus

Caj814 said:
For me, it mainly comes from comparing it to Soul Calibur 4. SC4 was released a year ago, and looks much better. The only effect Tekken 6 does well is the motion blur, which has the ugly side effect of murdering the already low resolution.

There's some artistic problems too. Many of the character faces looks simply bad.

I have to give them some praise though. It's a miracle that they FINALLY added new KO animations.

DR2K

Banned
So I went back to SCIV. I initially said it looked so much better than Tekken 6, I kind of think that in terms of lighting and stuff, but for some reason I prefer looking at Tekken 6. Probably the animation.

Caj814

Sectus said:
For me, it mainly comes from comparing it to Soul Calibur 4. SC4 was released a year ago, and looks much better. The only effect Tekken 6 does well is the motion blur, which has the ugly side effect of murdering the already low resolution.

There's some artistic problems too. Many of the character faces looks simply bad.

I have to give them some praise though. It's a miracle that they FINALLY added new KO animations.

The main reason I think SC4 looks better is because it was planned and built from the ground up to be a multiplatform console exclusive game.Tekken on the other hand went through being a Arcade only built around PS3, a PS3 exclusive and then multiplatform a year before release.I'm also pretty sure the bulk of Tekken 6 was made before development even fully started on SC4 along with a lot of assets being reused from Tekken 5 DR(the high res versions of the models used for the CG stills) while most of SC4 was probably built from the ground up.Though when it does come to Tekken it has ALWAYS out shined SC and many other fighters in terms of animation.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Caj814 said:
The main reason I think SC4 looks better is because it was planned and built from the ground up to be a multiplatform console exclusive game.Tekken on the other hand went through being a Arcade only built around PS3, a PS3 exclusive and then multiplatform a year before release.I'm also pretty sure the bulk of Tekken 6 was made before development even fully started on SC4 along with a lot of assets being reused from Tekken 5 DR(the high res versions of the models used for the CG stills) while most of SC4 was probably built from the ground up.Though when it does come to Tekken it has ALWAYS out shined SC and many other fighters in terms of animation.

VF5 looks better then Tekken 6, and that was also an arcade title.

That's not really an excuse. SC4 had slowdown though on PS3, so they didn't get everything right.

I finally played some Ranked today after the patch (all I did were Player Matches) and it was great.

I've learned to type rather quickly with the pad so I always shoot opponents a friendly message if they do something noticeable.

I told one guy his Bryan combos were awesome.

I told another guy his defense was awesome because I could barely hit him at times.

Then I faced another good Bryan and he seemed to know how to block so I commended him and he sent me a friend request :p We encountered each other again twice after and I won one after learning his combos! :D Felt good because he pummeled me so well the times before...my wake-up game needs work.

Being nice is pretty good.

I do wish lag existed between Caj and myself so I could feel like I have a chance :p He is on crack (good thing in this case) and makes me cry in a corner.

Yeah I find being friendly to people that you do notice have skills works in your favor and a good time.

I really hate spammers and rage quitters, but I love people who are at least trying to play good vs just wanting to win.

Andvary

Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but didn't find anything.
Where is the option to turn off character select on continue?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Andvary said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, I searched but didn't find anything.
Where is the option to turn off character select on continue?

I don't think there is one, but turning on quick character select (so it doesn't load the models) makes it fairly painless if you're losing a lot.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Caj814 said:
I disagree. The original Soul Calibur has some of the best martial arts motion capture I've ever seen, gaming or otherwise.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SapientWolf said:
I disagree. The original Soul Calibur has some of the best martial arts motion capture I've ever seen, gaming or otherwise.
Speaking of cool animation, King.
Check King grapple techniques. MIND BOTTLING!

LowParry

Between Baek and Hwor, their moves can be tricky to block if you're not used to playing against them. But there are times where they are just fucking annoying to play against.

CcrooK said:
Between Baek and Hwor, their moves can be tricky to block if you're not used to playing against them. But there are times where they are just fucking annoying to play against.

I honestly like playing against the Korea boys more than Asuka since 90% of people I play online (and off) thinks all she makes is spam.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
i feel so behind..i haven't touched the game since MW2 came out..but i really also don't care at all about scenario mode or items....I'm sticking to online play ..am i doing it rite?

V_Arnold

Caj814 said:

Animation-wise, the only thing that topped the DC's Soul Calibur was not Tekken Tag, was not Tekken 4, but only the T5, 6-7 years(!) later. Imho... :)
And does not feel as Soul Calibur IV's animation is behind. It is not really.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Gr1mLock said:
i feel so behind..i haven't touched the game since MW2 came out..but i really also don't care at all about scenario mode or items....I'm sticking to online play ..am i doing it rite?

You mean you're actually doing fighting in a fighting game? Everyone knows fighting games are about grinding unlocks in boring beat-em-up, time attack, and survival modes.

GrayFoxPL

Whenever I touch opon character customisation I'm unintentionaly making the gayest looking characters ever! :lol

I don't know how I do it, but I'm fabulous at it.

Btw. Beak is totally village people. Look at his customs. 80'ies leather vest, cowboy hat, belt, pants. He's so out there, man. Like nothing to hide, nothing.

All in all, T6 customs suck balls. They made it look like it's tons more then DR but in reality they are calling the same pants in 15 different colors a separate items.

Few characters have nice customs. I think Xiaoyou has the best looking ones - Charlie Chaplin. Armour King is top too with his wierd ass masks.

What are your picks?

Game is dumb... still. Worst game I've ever played. How can a move I've been performing 100% of the time since T2 only work 50% of the time now? WTF!? This game feels so stiff and laggy even in offline modes, I almost cringe while performing moves hoping they'll work. The simple f,f+# attacks almost take effort to perform.... it's sickening.

I still don't understand why I can't just play with a room full of people without having the side I choose constantly being "ME" even though the controller has passed through many hands. Fucking stupid.

I'm done with this game.

I don't mind Baek/Hworrang but I don't think I've ever fought someone who's any good with them and have seemingly drifted in to Dan-hood by beating people who have resigned to the style of the best form of defence is attack. Their basic kick combo's are fairly easy to see coming and if they mix in a low towards the end it usually telegraphs a mile off. The only danger with them is getting knocked off your feat as they can punish if they get the chance.

My main dislike is Alisa and Lars, they don't feel like Tekken characters to me. I'm fine with Devil Jin flying about with his wings and being devilish because that's how he rolls. Lars just casually jumps 10 ft in the air on a basic attack and fires himself around. Alisa is slightly more understandable but still a shitty character with shitty random moves, the pair of them feel like gimmicky guest characters, I'm hoping this isn't going to be a trend for new Tekken characters, that said Leo, that creepy woman, Miguel and (coming from 5 here) Armour King, Dragnov and Lilli all fit in fine.

Another thing which is annoying me online is people who change their impact clouds to the cartoon POW crap, they're huge and sometimes obscures what the other person is doing. Would love to be able to disable those effects.

Out of curiosity, has anyone else seen players in ranked matches who are Dan+ with only 1-2 wins and a few losses? how does that happen?

Top Bottom