• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Anso

Blargh, getting my ass handed to me online. Which annoys me because I'm a decent player :lol I'm just not used to most players playstyle (i.e. only strings and no juggles) and the slight input lag in 3-bar matches kills some of the trickier juggles.

GrayFoxPL

Lyte Edge said:
I used to feel this way, but there's nothing to get depressed over. You didn't do anything wrong. The guy who played against is a sore-loser/dickhead, is all. Look at the hate mail as a positive and from the standpoint that you beat someone down so badly that they had to resort to excuses and stupid insults in an attempt to make themselves feel better. Don't get sad...return the favor. Have fun with these idiots. It's too bad the Bad Loser Wall Of Shame page is no longer updating.

Yeah, I know, I just can't help to feel this way. I did play along with them in SFIV, but to be honest I don't find it that amusing these days.

Lyte Edge said:
Well, you don't have to read the messages that you get...

It's hard to miss them when they're poping up on screen and assholes write in subject line :lol.

Or the best are the "baits" like the subject is: "Hi". Ok, someone nice for a cha..."STOP HITTING ME AT THE START OF THE ROUND! IT'S ANNOYING!!!!"
True msg btw... Ok, that one did not made me sad. Geniuely funny. :lol

I agree with the tediousness of dealing with hatemail. I don't feel like sifting through rage filled messages to find the ones from my friends. That's why I almost always only play with people I know nowadays.

There should really be an option to filter your mail to people only on your friend list and friend requests.

Anyone want to play now via PSN?

My handle is <--- and I promise I won't spam your inbox with abuse, though I reserve the right to use the term "retard" in anyway I see fit.

Takuan

wackojackosnose said:

My handle is <--- and I promise I won't spam your inbox with abuse, though I reserve the right to use the term "retard" in anyway I see fit.
I'll play. I haven't taken the game online post-patch.

PSN: SteakJuice

Takuan

wackojackosnose said:

GG dude! I have no idea how I parried those attacks of yours, but whatever :lol

Still have much to learn.

dragonlife29 said:
Just so it takes months to finish amirite?

Nah, the last two PSN sf4 tourneys I hosted got done (start to finish) in an hour.

I'm willing to host another for Tekken if there's enough interest.

Takuan

Are there any known Dragunov players out there whose videos I should peep? I really don't know how to open offensively. I try to wait for openings so I can toss out a launcher, but I usually wind up eating a bunch of combos and generally get owned hard. I have more success just throwing out random attacks/combos than attempting to play smart :p

Takuan said:
GG dude! I have no idea how I parried those attacks of yours, but whatever :lol

Still have much to learn.

That was fun! The connection was pretty decent as well at 2/5.

You kept doing the low parries when I kept (predictably) hitting low with a pre-emptive df.

We should play again some time after even more training so that I can avenge my singular defeat! Dumb-ass sych errors, I would have won more!!!

Lyte Edge said:
But I think Tekken is more casual-friendly than say, Street Fighter, so it's going to attract more of the weekend warrior types, who don't even begin to try and learn the game.

I agree with this. The ease of input for some of Tekken's moves combined with the power of the mid-low mixup really makes a lot of people think they're better than they are. This is different than the low damage you get in VF or SF for just mashing. So you have people who don't understand the basics of the game winning at a high clip. When their scrub tactics get crushed by someone with a basic understanding of the system, they can't cope. :lol

Takuan

wackojackosnose said:
That was fun! The connection was pretty decent as well at 2/5.

You kept doing the low parries when I kept (predictably) hitting low with a pre-emptive df.

We should play again some time after even more training so that I can avenge my singular defeat! Dumb-ass sych errors, I would have won more!!!
I didn't input the parry commands at all those few times I actually did parry your attack. I don't know if it was a move property of what, but those were completely unintentional :lol

I was surprised at how playable the game was at 2 bars - not optimal, but not the slideshow it had been the last time I tried. I played a few 3 and 5 bar matches afterward and they were quite smooth. Post-patch online is pretty decent now, good on Namco. I'd still like to see those load times disappear, but I'll take what I can get.

I've actually NEVER received hate mail in any fight game I've played online.

I guess gaffers just bring out the inner asshole in people :lol

FindMyFarms said:
Nah, the last two PSN sf4 tourneys I hosted got done (start to finish) in an hour.

I'm willing to host another for Tekken if there's enough interest.
I was referring to Relix's BlazBlue tourney :p

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
The Blazblue tournament is over if you didn't notice... after four months :lol :lol

I think PSN people are more responsible than XBL ones =P

fernoca

Hmm..any help? (from someone that knows japanese.. :p )
At the Tekken Ofificial site, around the PSP section...under Special..it says something about Heihachi with the following picture (except the IGN logo):

our04o.jpg

Any idea?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GrayFoxPL said:
Yeah, I know, I just can't help to feel this way. I did play along with them in SFIV, but to be honest I don't find it that amusing these days.

It's hard to miss them when they're poping up on screen and assholes write in subject line :lol.

Then just write something really short. There's always "lol u mad" which works wonders. Then block them.

Captain N

How does the psp version compare to the console? I'd love me a good tekken 6 on the road. any impressions? Did MarkMan pick it up?

Skilletor

Captain N said:
How does the psp version compare to the console? I'd love me a good tekken 6 on the road. any impressions? Did MarkMan pick it up?

I've only messed around w/ Raven, but everything seems perfect to me. I had to pick up a friend at the airport today and just did training mode while I waited. It was awesome. :D

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
i hate bees said:
What's the pro opinion on Asuka? I find her easy to use and her combo's seem to flow really well for me but I feel like I'm on a distinct disadvantage against characters like Law and Feng who have extremely fast and punishing moves, I find it difficult to make an opening with Asuka.

Is it worth starting another character or sticking to what's comfortable?
I stick with what works, and to me, that's Asuka, too. Although I'm getting used to Leo...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
I've actually NEVER received hate mail in any fight game I've played online.

I guess gaffers just bring out the inner asshole in people :lol

I can't believe that, maybe no one hates on Viper though.
Tekken I got more hatemail in 1 day then I got three months on SF4.

Asuka is considered mid tier at best due to lack of good punishment I believe. I really feel the tiers in Tekken moreso then I did in VF, and even SC.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Captain N said:

It's an amazing port. Characters, game play, stages, moves...everything is 100% intact. What's missing is scenario campaign, character model detail and customization are scaled down, replays are gone, and versus mode restricts you to four levels. The game is still insanely-detailed, with stages retaining most or all of their detail and background animation. Stuff like the planes flying overhead on the fallen colony stage is there!

There's direct-feed game play footage on Youtube. It's old (from August), and looks grainier/jaggier because it's being played off a monitor, but it shows how awesome the port is (all the animation is there!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8tae8W6qmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfG3gwrpUE4

Reposted from a couple of pages back:

Here's some shitty pics I took of the PSP version (from off my TV). It's such an impressive port, considering that the original arcade version is running on PS3-level hardware.

4138112300_22ac7f0021.jpg
4138112380_27a85ba97f.jpg

4138112492_c0438d8995.jpg
4138112236_563221ed69.jpg

4137347135_765bfeaae2.jpg
4137347231_e203f633d6.jpg

4138112118_8725c919ec.jpg
4138121886_e29fb37d53.jpg

Compared to Soul Calibur Broken Destiny. SCBD has a cleaner, crisper image. I still think Tekken 6 is more impressive, mainly because of background details/animation.

4138151528_de8a75c62e.jpg
4138151468_7b0f0651bd.jpg

4138150942_f550095ab4.jpg
4138151362_5b03d6080a.jpg

Either way, Namco owns the PSP.

Barkley's Justice said:
so holy shit. tekken 6 on psp. it's a technical marvel. sorry to say it, but if there's a copy of this game that his impressed me, it's the psp version.

I feel the same way. It's crazy how good the PSP port is. It's also crazy how it's gotten some hate on places like GameFAQs. "THERE'S NO DOJO MODE OR REPLAYS?!?!?!??!?!?! THE GAME SUCKS TEKKEN 5DR IS BETTER!!!!!!" "NO SCENARIO CAMPAIGN?!?!?! BUT THE STORY~~! Yeah, but Scenario Campaign sucks. "B-b-b-but TEH STORY!!!!!!11!" "I CAN'T CHOOSE WHICH SIDE TO PLAY ON?!?!?" Does this really matter? You can't play on both sides? Seriously? "I DO BETTER ON TEH RIGHT!!!!!!"

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I've said it before but...god damn. This game is so much fun. I've never played a fighter with such a powerful "just one more match" drive. I have an extremely hard time just pulling myself away from ranked battles to get some work done. I could do it for hours at a time. Finally playing against real people has improved my lili game leaps and bounds.

I kind of feel I should start learning one of the lesser used characters like ling or kuma. I've seen none of either. No Christies, no mokujins, no Baeks, no Zafina, Jack, or Dragunov. Lots of Jin, Kazuya, Heihachi, Marduk (fuck Marduk, seriously), Law, Lee, King, etc. And of course Lili :(

Speaking of King I was very confused when he grabbed me and proceeded to put me in different positions and break every bone in my body taking off half of my health bar, killing me. I didn't even realize you could escape from it until it was too late. The next time I got out but I'm not sure the exact timing or button to escape from something like that.

I just figured out that quick player match is the most fun way to play online. You get the speed of matchmaking without waiting around in a lobby for your turn. Since it's a player match It's doesn't show your Win/Loss record or what rank you might have. This mode is still fun because wins/loss's are still counted on your character so it still gives a certain weight to each fight.

It's perfect because you can go into each match without any preconceived notions about how strong your opponent is. He's just someone using a character. You don't know whether this guy is 50-0 or 5-40. I love that. You can't filter based on region but you can still decline a challenge based on connection speed before the match.

This, plus the fact that the game seems to be playable regardless of the connection speed is all I could ever dream of as a long time Tekken fan. I am totally back in Namco's good graces.

fernoca said:
Hmm..any help? (from someone that knows japanese.. :p )
At the Tekken Ofificial site, around the PSP section...under Special..it says something about Heihachi with the following picture (except the IGN logo):

our04o.jpg

Any idea?

It's an exclusive item you can unlock if you bring your PSP to a Japanese arcade. It's just a kinda goofy banner that says "world peace" with "Mishima zaibatsu" and "Tekken tournament" written down the sides.

Taurus

Is it cheap in ranked matches to spam same the move if your opponent allows you to?

I'm playing with Jack-6 and when I knock the opponent down I sometimes get 1-5 free hits with df+1+3 (Megaton Earthquake). On the ther hand I don't do juggling basically at all, since I can't. :lol

Mjunter

I do wonder what is the point of having a rank option. I think I only have faced someone my own rank once since the new patch. Its not fun facing guys who seems to have the reaction speed of a god or a guy who is just starting out. It makes my wins and (now many) losses seem to have little weight.

This is odd. I was just watching a replay of a guy with 1200 Losses. Throughout the match, all he did was spam the same move while his opponent just countered with a sweep over and over again to get 3 perfects. Don't replays only record rank matches? If not I guess its just to guys fooling around or trying to inflate their win percentage.

Masamuna

Takuan said:
Are there any known Dragunov players out there whose videos I should peep? I really don't know how to open offensively. I try to wait for openings so I can toss out a launcher, but I usually wind up eating a bunch of combos and generally get owned hard. I have more success just throwing out random attacks/combos than attempting to play smart :p

Nobi from Japan and Aris from CA are the first I can think of.

Anywho, after going to IC5 last weekend I have a feeling that the bandwagon for Bruce is going to increase exponentially (atleast in the SE). Final Round is going to be awesome!

Anyone going to KiT in January? Gaf Meetup?

GrayFoxPL

FindMyFarms said:
GG's grayfox, you owned me bad and showed that my street fighter tactics have no place in a tekken game

GG man. It was close. No owning. Unless you mean the time when your paul made my leo his bitch. :p
To be honest I totally wasn't ready to fight. My hands were freezing and I just turned the game on. I sent you friend request and went to practice mode, before it loaded you sent me 3 fight invites. :lol Holy shit was I afraid. After few missed juggles I decided to focus on basic ground game and ki charging to fight you. Sorry I left, but they called me at home.

Sorry, no kb and headset is somewhere in the closet. It would add to the lag anyway. Can't really talk much, sorry.

Btw. Where are you? We had 1bar match and it wasn't teribble.
Maybe something is screwed with my online but today and yesterday I just got red bars and laggy matches. Don't know what's up, maybe it has something to do with that I sent and recived tons of friend invites lately because of T6. Could long friend list screw up online?

You got good Kazuya. The street fighter style isn't bad because you got hella reflex. I couldn't follow my jab setups because you jabbed back as fast as possible. I eat your godfists like candy. My advice is try to mash few 1's after godfist so you can juggle me. Then follow up with bound and something stronger. When online lags it's best just to mash few 1's by muscle reflex then think the strongest juggle on the list. My poor leo's most damaging juggles require such strict timing that I don't bother with them online. It must be 4-5 bar for those.

Pauls deathfists hurt like hell. :lol It shows you're street fighter player because they went deep and were perfectly timed. Destroyed me for free. Still I think your Kazuya was better. You were mixing it good with hellsweep and then that mid 3 kick (ws3?) when I got up anticipaiting another hellsweep. Very good throwing, very streetfighterish again :lol. Just use more moves and you'll be home. Add his ff+1+2 and FC df,d,df+1+2 throws. Kaz has all bases covered.

The most basic advice about playing tekken I can give is do everything to keep opponent guessing to guard high or low. You must mix up the hell and back. Two jabs, then sweep, two jabs then mid. Force opponent to guard few high and mid string, get him used to the pattern and suddenly get a throw in. Etc. It's all about mind games.

LowParry

Taurus said:
Is it cheap in ranked matches to spam same the move if your opponent allows you to?

No. If they can't learn to block and adapt, then that's their problem. Just don't make it a habit because you will find people who will punish you.

y2dvd

If anything, I got a freindly challenge PM that went something like "Now I've warmed up. Let's go again. >=D"
:lol

I've been almost playing Dragonuv exclusively. All of his launcher is unsafe unfortunately. Of course it doesn't mean you shouldn't use them. I would say he's a much better up close fighter than a range. If I get into the offensive I like to mix it up with 2 main moves, b+12 and d/b+3. Both moves appears to have the same start up animation and he makes the same hissing sound, making it hard for opponents to see or hear. Defensively, I don't like using d/f+2 much off a backdash due to it's lack of range. Use it during sidesteps.

I'm down for a tourny. I hate the slightest lag ever since getting whooped in the first sfiv tourny lol but I'll give this another shot.

conman

Looks like the price just dropped on the PS3 version at Amazon ($35). Time to pick this baby up! I'll be joining you folks in 5-9 days. :D

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Got the LE for 360 in from UPS today. Incredible package for the $39.99 it cost me after black friday deals and credit from buying MW2.

But what fucking crack were they smoking when they decided to assign so many achievement points to scenario campaign? :lol

Old news I know, but holy shit.

GrayFoxPL said:
GG man. It was close. No owning. Unless you mean the time when your paul made my leo his bitch. :p
To be honest I totally wasn't ready to fight. My hands were freezing and I just turned the game on. I sent you friend request and went to practice mode, before it loaded you sent me 3 fight invites. :lol Holy shit was I afraid. After few missed juggles I decided to focus on basic ground game and ki charging to fight you. Sorry I left, but they called me at home.

Sorry, no kb and headset is somewhere in the closet. It would add to the lag anyway. Can't really talk much, sorry.

Btw. Where are you? We had 1bar match and it wasn't teribble.
Maybe something is screwed with my online but today and yesterday I just got red bars and laggy matches. Don't know what's up, maybe it has something to do with that I sent and recived tons of friend invites lately because of T6. Could long friend list screw up online?

You got good Kazuya. The street fighter style isn't bad because you got hella reflex. I couldn't follow my jab setups because you jabbed back as fast as possible. I eat your godfists like candy. My advice is try to mash few 1's after godfist so you can juggle me. Then follow up with bound and something stronger. When online lags it's best just to mash few 1's by muscle reflex then think the strongest juggle on the list. My poor leo's most damaging juggles require such strict timing that I don't bother with them online. It must be 4-5 bar for those.

Pauls deathfists hurt like hell. :lol It shows you're street fighter player because they went deep and were perfectly timed. Destroyed me for free. Still I think your Kazuya was better. You were mixing it good with hellsweep and then that mid 3 kick (ws3?) when I got up anticipaiting another hellsweep. Very good throwing, very streetfighterish again :lol. Just use more moves and you'll be home. Add his ff+1+2 and FC df,d,df+1+2 throws. Kaz has all bases covered.

The most basic advice about playing tekken I can give is do everything to keep opponent guessing to guard high or low. You must mix up the hell and back. Two jabs, then sweep, two jabs then mid. Force opponent to guard few high and mid string, get him used to the pattern and suddenly get a throw in. Etc. It's all about mind games.

Yo thanks for the bombass advice man! You hooked it up with the Baek goodies(i posted that video you commented on, baek's my main), and now with Paul/Kazuya. By now you can probably tell that I know only know like 3 or 4 moves per characters haha, so learning the tools is going to be something I really need to take care of.

My basic strategy going into the matches (which is why I say street fighter style) was to use movement to bait a whiff, then punish accordingly, and then if I sensed that you were afraid of throwing something out I'd just run up and throw. I'm so out of the water with regards to in close combat with the random pokes, I feel like i'm always at frame disadvantage and it's where you took me out pretty handily.

But yeah, thanks again for the games, I'm gonna take your advice and run with it. Also, I'm in Dallas, Tx.

y2dvd said:
I'm down for a tourny. I hate the slightest lag ever since getting whooped in the first sfiv tourny lol but I'll give this another shot.

No need to be modest, you'd lay down the ownage like no other! :lol :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
-=kicks Marky=- Bwuahahahahahahhahahah!

It's too early in the week! Why are you picking on me already? <3 Thanks for the advice.

Wait.

WAIT.

MarkMan takes advice from no woman.

I take that back.

*slaps Kadey back into the kitchen*

---

TEKKEN 6 National Event/Stream will take place on Dec. 12th. Are you guys ready?

4148593468_e904b95c18_o.jpg

More details on sdtekken and TZ soon!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I wished I could go to the kitchen. I'm really thirsty and the cable guy is on the floor with his buttcrack showing. :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I wished I could go to the kitchen. I'm really thirsty and the cable guy is on the floor with his buttcrack showing. :(

Pics or it didn't happen.

Yes I'm asking for buttcrack.

*cuddles with Kadey*

Top Bottom