• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

LowParry

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Game is dumb... still. Worst game I've ever played. How can a move I've been performing 100% of the time since T2 only work 50% of the time now? WTF!? This game feels so stiff and laggy even in offline modes, I almost cringe while performing moves hoping they'll work. The simple f,f+# attacks almost take effort to perform.... it's sickening.

I still don't understand why I can't just play with a room full of people without having the side I choose constantly being "ME" even though the controller has passed through many hands. Fucking stupid.

I'm done with this game.

Curious. What's the last Tekken you played?

BeeDog

I REALLY suck at this game, but it's pretty fun, my first fighter purchase since Dark Resurrection. :D As said, I really suck, so if anyone could sacrifice one or two MP games to help me out getting the MP trophies, I'd appreciate it a lot! PS3 over here btw.

(PS. What is the difference between a Ranked Match and a Player Match? Also, is it possible to do these with someone on your friends list?)

luka

Loves Robotech S1
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Game is dumb... still. Worst game I've ever played. How can a move I've been performing 100% of the time since T2 only work 50% of the time now? WTF!? This game feels so stiff and laggy even in offline modes, I almost cringe while performing moves hoping they'll work. The simple f,f+# attacks almost take effort to perform.... it's sickening.

I still don't understand why I can't just play with a room full of people without having the side I choose constantly being "ME" even though the controller has passed through many hands. Fucking stupid.

I'm done with this game.

I'm having difficulty understanding this post.

CcrooK said:
Sounds like Tekken 2 :lol

i hate bees said:
Another thing which is annoying me online is people who change their impact clouds to the cartoon POW crap, they're huge and sometimes obscures what the other person is doing. Would love to be able to disable those effects.
I thought I was the only one who used those. LOL. They add so much to the game. IMO.

shinshero

akilshohen said:
Sounds like Tekken 2 :lol

I thought I was the only one who used those. LOL. They add so much to the game. IMO.

How does PS3 version of Tekken 6 compare to the XBox 360. Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm just currently contemplating which version to get.

Spurs_Fan

Neo Member
havent played tekken in a while getting this game this week:D probably suck online but if anyone wants to play let me know later on this week

CcrooK said:

I own and love every Tekken except this one.

Sure, I'm being a baby... I don't give a shit. This game is terrible. Why is there input lag? Maybe it's the change to HD(ish) graphics? I find it silly how the same moves in DR come out SO much smoother than they ever will in T6. Disgusting. Why does practice mode chug with framerate drops? I just don't understand. I still need to ask... why is it a chore for simple f,f+4's to come out? It's not my controller... works fine in DR.

Taurus

i hate bees said:
Out of curiosity, has anyone else seen players in ranked matches who are Dan+ with only 1-2 wins and a few losses? how does that happen?
Afaik some single player modes affect ranks too.

Dahbomb

i hate bees said:
What's the point of Jin's parry? it doesn't interrupt combo's and seemingly doesn't create an opening.
Depends on the move that you are parrying. The parry works as if you "wiffed" the move and you can attack while the opponent is in the attack's recovery animation. This effect is best seen with powerful one hitting attacks, something like Paul's Death Fist (QCF+2) which has insane recovery time. Right after that, you can do a d+3+4 for a launcher and juggle. If you trying to parry someone's 1, 2 jab punches, you will parry the first hit and will probably get hit by the second if you try to counter attack. Also you probably can't attack after moves that have very low recovery time.

So guys, should I turn motion blur off or keep it on? There is better image quality with motion blur off but with it on it looks so nice during motion.

V_Arnold

MoonsaultSlayer said:

Sure, I'm being a baby... I don't give a shit. This game is terrible. Why is there input lag? Maybe it's the change to HD(ish) graphics? I find it silly how the same moves in DR come out SO much smoother than they ever will in T6. Disgusting. Why does practice mode chug with framerate drops? I just don't understand. I still need to ask... why is it a chore for simple f,f+4's to come out? It's not my controller... works fine in DR.

There is no input lag, the error is in YOUR machines, maybe in your TV, in your controller, or in your mind. Choose which one you prefer to blame.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
MoonsaultSlayer said:

What in the good goddamn are you talking about? Nothing you're saying has even a modicum of truth. There is zero input lag...it plays just as well as T5DR and I've never had any problem pulling off ANY move or combo. It is perfectly responsive. There are NO framerate drops, EVER. It runs at a perfectly smooth 60fps 100% of the time.

If I were to venture a guess I'd say any input lag is coming from your hardware. No one else has ever complained about lag or frame drops. It's just you, bro.

luka said:
What in the good goddamn are you talking about? Nothing you're saying has even a modicum of truth. There is zero input lag...it plays just as well as T5DR and I've never had any problem pulling off ANY move or combo. It is perfectly responsive. There are NO framerate drops, EVER. It runs at a perfectly smooth 60fps 100% of the time.

If I were to venture a guess I'd say any input lag is coming from your hardware. No one else has ever complained about lag or frame drops. It's just you, bro.

Actually, a couple pages back someone DID mention problems with framerate or lag in practice mode. I'm not the only one.

This shit works 100% of the time in DR but hardly in T6.... lets not ignore this part of my comments, people.

Granted, my system is indeed on the fritz since DMC4, SC4, Tekken 6, Ghostbusters, and other games all have objects that stretch across screen when they shouldn't be there. Here's a rather humorous example I took with the in game screen capture function.

2yl3ad4.png

Jubs

Nightmare train in scenario campaign is such bullshit. The entire stupid campaign was bloody easy, and then all of a sudden this train level comes by and is unmercifully brutal. Any tips on how to beat this level?

Jubs said:
Nightmare train in scenario campaign is such bullshit. The entire stupid campaign was bloody easy, and then all of a sudden this train level comes by and is unmercifully brutal. Any tips on how to beat this level?

I just chose items that nearly doubled both characters' health bars and added elemental effects that would stun the demons which also took extra life. Up until that point, I would always just rush in and attack without caring. But here, after learning to poke, back away, then come back was the winning strat.

DR2K

Banned
shinshero said:
How does PS3 version of Tekken 6 compare to the XBox 360. Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm just currently contemplating which version to get.

About the same. No major difference other than higher quality CG on the PS3.

LowParry

MoonsaultSlayer said:

Hrm. That's weird. Input lag usually has something to do with a tv or controller being used. I'm very confident it's not the game that's giving you that issue. As you said earlier, if your PS3 is going on the fritz of crashing, that could be your problem there. And who do you play btw?

sca2511

twinturbo2 said:
Bro, you said that you were going to talk to Namco soon, can you ask them about bringing Jun back? As long as the producer is saying that she's still missing, the T6 storyline gives a good opportunity to bring her back.
thought shes
dead?

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Sure, I'm being a baby... I don't give a shit. This game is terrible. Why is there input lag? Maybe it's the change to HD(ish) graphics? I f

This is seriously all in your head. There is no shortage of people who pull of crazy moves at will. I have had my ass owned in enough Japanese arcades to prove it. Honestly, what you're saying just doesn't exist.

GrayFoxPL

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Actually, a couple pages back someone DID mention problems with framerate or lag in practice mode. I'm not the only one.

This shit works 100% of the time in DR but hardly in T6.... lets not ignore this part of my comments, people.

Granted, my system is indeed on the fritz since DMC4, SC4, Tekken 6, Ghostbusters, and other games all have objects that stretch across screen when they shouldn't be there. Here's a rather humorous example I took with the in game screen capture function.

2yl3ad4.png

I think you mean me.

Sorry man, but I think our PS3's are craping out. Don't blame the game.
I dusted it off, runs T6 fine, but on long periods I can still have some frame stuttering, most likely when it starts overheating. Not as bad as before thou. But your system seems to be in way worse condition then mine. No input lag, no gfx glitches. I play Tekken since T2 and believe me T6 is the most responsive one. I think they even went as far as dumb down the command execution.

T6 may be straining the PS3 bit too much for it's own good. But, yeah, sorry man, there's no input lag on properly working system.

Caj814

CcrooK said:
Apparently not. It's only been entirely confirmed that the original King and Armor King have died throughout the series.
Well if some of the endings are gonna be considered cannon for Tekken 7 it looks like
Wang and Baek are goners =(

Dibbz

My PS3 strected out some verticies in GT5p and shortly after I got the YLOD. I think your PS3 is about to kick the bucket to.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MarkMan said:
I encountered an Alisa player last night on PSN.

She gave me head and cut me up by the walls X_X

I finally got a positive message last night after using Alisa-- "GG. That robotic bitch is a beast, lol."

unomas

Banned
Jubs said:

I decided to restart my scenario campaign with Devil Jin because I couldn't get past
the part where you face Alisa
. I just wasn't able to do it with my Lei character, and I keep hearing people bitch about nightmare train but I'm still not past that fight so I'm like WTF? How ungodly hard must nightmare train be? This might be one of the few games where I give up on the campaign because it's too damn cheap. Any tips on for the part I'm stuck on? I figure with Devil Jin it should be easier with his laser beam.

Lyte Edge

MarkMan said:
This makes me sad, I've only played one GAF person since T6 came out!

You'd just beat the crap out of any us. Don't think you're missing much. :lol

unomas

Banned
Mo the Hawk said:
Get back to me around X-mas time when I get my stick bundle...

Speaking of the stick, I could hear a guy mashing the buttons loudly on that thing over his mic. I didn't have my mic on otherwise I would have said something, it sounded like someone was banging aluminum cans together.

Lyte Edge

I've barely played anyone here myself. It's only been this way with Tekken...played tons of GAFfers in SF4 and BlazBlue.

LowParry

I've just been getting back into SFIV recently. I should toss up my wife's name on PSN. She'll play people here. lol

MarkMan said:
This makes me sad, I've only played one GAF person since T6 came out!

I've given you chances but no follow through :(

in terms of PS3 vs 360, i'll say the biggest difference is that the 360 loading is prob less by one second.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Lyte Edge said:
I've barely played anyone here myself. It's only been this way with Tekken...played tons of GAFfers in SF4 and BlazBlue.

I haven't felt the desire to play people much really. Played FMF twice, game just seems to lack that feeling of being solid to me. I don't see how the new mechanics make BR a better game then DR.

Game's decent, but nothing special.

decent? :(

GAFers really need to play this more to appreciate it more.

In january I'll be stting up game nights for this since online flake players will be less and committed fighters will be on mostly.

MoonsaultSlayer said:

I had this issue before. the problem is with the TV. i fixed it by turning the game mode on from the settings of the tv.

I have 2 telvisions one is bravia and the other one is samsung. i noticed the input lag with the samsung (thanks to brian fury) then i had to search to find out about the game mode setting.

So tekken 6 and street fighter 4 are the best fighting games ever :)

I really don't play alot of online gaming, but I do play Tekken 6 online occasionally and is it me, or is it sometimes hard to find people online in the PS3 version? I rarely had this problem in SF4 when it first came and even SC4. I don't care what any of you say, I still think this is the best Tekken, especially in gameplay.

Lyte Edge

This was just sad.

4165805028_367d944b89_b.jpg

4165818846_2fcde9890b.jpg

Only in Tekken have I gotten rage quits and hate mail from higher-ranked players.

Lyte Edge

Another one, during a ranked match.

This guy's name is "Shawdow-Warrior".

4165852714_2820c1fdc4_b.jpg

His mail afterwards was just "your a noob." I guess the pros' secret is to rage quit when losing.

Think I might call it a night on PS3. PSN has been awful tonight.

Lyte Edge

Teknopathetic said:
I actually got tekken hate mail because I was blocking? Guess I wasn't supposed to.

:lol

What time do all the good players play online? :/ Going to go play some SF4 to get away from this crap.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I think you're getting a lot of the MK and Marvel crowd in Tekken, which to me explains a lot.

I didn't get ragequit on all that much though. Go Figure.

I got more ragequits in one week of this game, then all over fighters I've played this year.

Lyte Edge

Is Marvel this bad too? I never play it.

I tend to get rage quits only when I'm using Alisa. People don't seem to know how to deal with the newer characters and they get pissed off quickly. I hardly run into any Alisas myself.

Top Bottom