• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

the best thing to do is just not play ranked. Most annoying people play ranked and the fun ones or at least ones who care more about a fight than winning tend to play non-ranked.

I play a few ranked games but I usually end up more angry than having fun. In player matches, sure i dont rank up, but I mostly have fun fights.

Lyte Edge said:
Is Marvel this bad too? I never play it.

I tend to get rage quits only when I'm using Alisa. People don't seem to know how to deal with the newer characters and they get pissed off quickly. I hardly run into any Alisas myself.
I only play this game with people in my friendslist when I have time. I never got hatemail in BB. Only a few in SSF2THDR, SFIV and VF5. But in this game I get hatemail even when I Iose, lol.

Lumine

Out of all the games I've played I've only gotten 1 hatemail and about a handful of friendly mails on PSN. Also I'm pretty sure most "ragequits" are the connections dropping and not players doing this on purpose. Though not always too sure about that.

And I gotta agree that playing against Alisa sucks. She's part of the game so I just deal with it, but she has a few too many annoying moves and dodgy animations to make it even worse. And she is by far the most frequent selected character I have come across. Not too fond of spammers either, but I don't mind playing them. Most of the time I eventually manage to deal with the spammed move and make a comeback. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Anyone want to play? I don't care if it's PSN or Xbox Live... Hurry before I get sleepy...

Post up! :D

BTW I'm located in Southern California, if that helps.

GrayFoxPL

RelentlessRolento said:
the best thing to do is just not play ranked. Most annoying people play ranked and the fun ones or at least ones who care more about a fight than winning tend to play non-ranked.

I play a few ranked games but I usually end up more angry than having fun. In player matches, sure i dont rank up, but I mostly have fun fights.

Yeah, I'm hyping up quick player match for some time now. More guys need to jump in.

Lumine said:
Out of all the games I've played I've only gotten 1 hatemail and about a handful of friendly mails on PSN. Also I'm pretty sure most "ragequits" are the connections dropping and not players doing this on purpose. Though not always too sure about that.

And I gotta agree that playing against Alisa sucks. She's part of the game so I just deal with it, but she has a few too many annoying moves and dodgy animations to make it even worse. And she is by far the most frequent selected character I have come across. Not too fond of spammers either, but I don't mind playing them. Most of the time I eventually manage to deal with the spammed move and make a comeback. :)

May be true about rage quits. Not most, but half of them. Look at this: I'm loosing to someone with terrible record and just when I'm about to lose the last round it dissconects. It looked like 100% rage quit without a doubt. It was so embarrasing. I wanted to sent the guy msg explaining it wasn't me, but it looked too obvious.

Alisa is the new Lili, but she's not as bad. You guys should've played Online DR against armies of Lilis. You would go insane, totally broken character in online mode. New T6 Lili is about 25% as annoying as DR Lili, Alisa is maybe 45%-50% of DR Lili.

I share the sadness that I don't get to play much with gaffers. Lately I'm just not feeling too well, not good enough to even play seriously online. Most of the time in T6 lately is jumping from one character to another and pointlessly screwing around waiting till I feel less like shit and when I do, I can't connect to any match.

I hope I will put my shit together before you guys quit completely on the game, so we could play some more.

Btw. I tested about 70% of characters and every one of them has such huge damage potential. If it's with juggles or normal ground game, every one has some kind of ace that can turn the whole round in their favor.

I've been thinking what kind of character is missing in the series. I call a kickboxer. A guy who would represent all those american kickboxing movies from the 80ties and 90ties. Bryan doesn't count. Bruce went full muay thai since T5. I want a cheesy, show-off, roundhouse kicking Ken like dude. Someone from panza kickboxing. :D

Street Fighter IV is the king when it comes to hatemail on both consoles and PC. Think I managed at least 1-5 a day when I used to play hardcore mixing up Sagat and Dan. Live really needs a "block all messages" feature already. I've run into more assholes than decent people unfortunetly and PC gaming ain't any better.

noodalls

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I own and love every Tekken except this one.

Sure, I'm being a baby... I don't give a shit. This game is terrible. Why is there input lag? Maybe it's the change to HD(ish) graphics? I find it silly how the same moves in DR come out SO much smoother than they ever will in T6. Disgusting. Why does practice mode chug with framerate drops? I just don't understand. I still need to ask... why is it a chore for simple f,f+4's to come out? It's not my controller... works fine in DR.

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=115253

I had a look into this, I can probably check DR as well.

Edit - did look at it. And don't get me started on f,f+X. ;)

So far I've actually been quite impressed with the Tekken 6 community, I mainly play ranked matches and I get quite a few "GG" messages from players, I've had a couple of shitty messages but overall I've been pleasantly surprised. This is on XBL.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MarkMan said:
This makes me sad, I've only played one GAF person since T6 came out!
I sent you a PSN Friend request... ;___;
Im still a noob, i have to pick a character yet...

y2dvd

Markman, I'll add you to the psn!

I haven't gotten a hatemail yet. Then again, some of it was in another language so who knows what it said. :lol

GrayFoxPL

I missed MarkMan's psn post. Oh shit! I'm so not worthy, but I'll try to catch you tomorrow if you want!

I won't even bother doing anything, I'll just put down the pad and watch the artist at work. :D

Fersis said:
I sent you a PSN Friend request... ;___;
Im still a noob, i have to pick a character yet...

I downloaded your king's ghost! (And other gaffers) Didn't play it yet though. How's it going man?

I today I turned to Lei. Played him since T2 and mained in T4. What goes around, comes around. I think I stop with character switching and I'll build up a solid Lei again. They made him amazing in T6. Best movements in any game ever. Love those new stance trasitions.

Btw. Anyone know how the ghost download works? There's always one ghost per player, but I play many characters, how the system picks the one for download?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:
I missed MarkMan's psn post. Oh shit! I'm so not worthy, but I'll try to catch you tomorrow if you want!

I won't even bother doing anything, I'll just put down the pad and watch the artist at work. :D

I downloaded your king's ghost! (And other gaffers) Didn't play it yet though. How's it going man?

I today I turned to Lei. Played him since T2 and mained in T4. What goes around, comes around. I think I stop with character switching and I'll build up a solid Lei again. They made him amazing in T6. Best movements in any game ever. Love those new stance trasitions.

Btw. Anyone know how the ghost download works? There's always one ghost per player, but I play many characters, how the system picks the one for download?
Which is odd since i havent played King online. Maybe it takes data from the offline?
I think im going to use Miguel... or Steve... or Bruce :lol
Dude, lets play some today!

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Which is odd since i havent played King online. Maybe it takes data from the offline?
I think im going to use Miguel... or Steve... or Bruce :lol
Dude, lets play some today!

I was surprised it's king, but yeah, it's king. Don't know how it works. Most likely the last played character gets uploaded.

Today is already almost night and I can't play. :lol But tomorrow, yeah!

MrMephistoX

RelentlessRolento said:

The only exception to this rule is Championship Mode in SFIV...It actually tends to weed out most of the idiots save for the onslaught of KENS.

GrayFoxPL

wackojackosnose said:
My defence sucks!! I only win matches when people stubbornly refuse to block!

How do I improve my defence o wisened GAF?

ps. Fuck Alisa!

Wait. You have problem bloking or you have problem attacking bloking enemy?

Anyway, blocking sucks. It's so 95'. ;)

Sidestep, sidestep like crazy when opponent attacks. Even a slightest sidestep will make any linar attack wiff. It may even look like models go through eachother. Sidesteping against Lili is a sure way to victory. Alisa is a worse case :p.

Btw. I'm not sure Alisa can be fucked. Does she have artificial vagina? Hmm, I don't know.
Dr. Boskonovitch created her as an alter ego of his dead daughter. Would've he designed a vagina for the robot then? Maybe. Would it be wierd? Kinda. Sick? Only if he'd model the vagina from his daughter too. Yes that would mean Dr. Boskonovitch is sick. The question is... How did original Alisa died? Did she know something she shouldn't have? Or maybe she said no.

GrayFoxPL said:
I downloaded your king's ghost! (And other gaffers) Didn't play it yet though.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you play other peoples ghosts? I was under the impression it just threw them in to the rotation when you play ghost battle mode, didn't know you could specify.

Can I play my own ghost?

GrayFoxPL

i hate bees said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do you play other peoples ghosts? I was under the impression it just threw them in to the rotation when you play ghost battle mode, didn't know you could specify.

Can I play my own ghost?

Yeah, that's what it does. It puts them in Arcade mode at random too. You can't pick it.
Don't think you can play own ghost.

The Alisa hate is mindboggling. She's not even that good. Point your hate towards Lars and his stupid SHINU noises and dancing all around my moves and his god fucking awful hair.

GrayFoxPL said:
Wait. You have problem bloking or you have problem attacking bloking enemy?

Anyway, blocking sucks. It's so 95'. ;)

Sidestep, sidestep like crazy when opponent attacks. Even a slightest sidestep will make any linar attack wiff. It may even look like models go through eachother. Sidesteping against Lili is a sure way to victory. Alisa is a worse case :p.

Hmm, sidestepping hasn't really worked for me (Feng) as the combos just follow me. Markman says that it's a process of trial and error, basically learning which combos you can dodge and which ones you can't.

I think my main problem is that I'm lazy and that it seems too much like work just to level up my skillz. I started spending too much time in the practice arena with the people I hate and have no intention of learning (Alisa & Lars) just to familiarise myself with their moves, pouring over the frame data (Feng has ~ 5 moves with less than 13fps), and I've also started writing down the combos I can do for the different launchers. But, I realised that this is taking the game way too seriously and had to impose a mini break from this game over the weekend. That and there was residual screen burn from this game on my plasma tv - it's not nice seeing "damage" and "wackojakosnose" etched onto the screen while watching tv. :/

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Teknopathetic said:
The Alisa hate is mindboggling. She's not even that good. Point your hate towards Lars and his stupid SHINU noises and dancing all around my moves and his god fucking awful hair.

I love Lars! But yeah I changed his hair asap once I got moneys.

unomas

Banned
Lyte Edge, I'll add you on PSN even though you're record is way better than mine. I'll send you an invite this evening.

Teknopathetic said:

This. but honestly I really hate bob, because I'm guaranteed to loose against him since I have yet to learn him at all.

GrayFoxPL

wackojackosnose said:
Hmm, sidestepping hasn't really worked for me (Feng) as the combos just follow me. Markman says that it's a process of trial and error, basically learning which combos you can dodge and which ones you can't.

I think my main problem is that I'm lazy and that it seems too much like work just to level up my skillz. I started spending too much time in the practice arena with the people I hate and have no intention of learning (Alisa & Lars) just to familiarise myself with their moves, pouring over the frame data (Feng has ~ 5 moves with less than 13fps), and I've also started writing down the combos I can do for the different launchers. But, I realised that this is taking the game way too seriously and had to impose a mini break from this game over the weekend. That and there was residual screen burn from this game on my plasma tv - it's not nice seeing "damage" and "wackojakosnose" etched onto the screen while watching tv. :/

That's what I should do. Start learning Alisa and Lili to know how to fight against them, but I won't. You know why? I hate them and I have no desire what so ever to force myself to touch them. It's like eating a poop - we don't have to do this. When a game starts to be a chore it's a sign you're doing something wrong. I say drop the scientific aproach a notch and trust your instinct. I have such bad memory I forget every decent juggle after 15 minutes. But did I develop sense that let's me hit every key move on counter hit? Oh fuck yes. Go raw.

Lumine

Yeah there's not much point trying to take this serious scientific approach to the game. By the time you're playing again, you'll probably have forgotten most of the moves and you'll be jumping back to the couple that you learned before. Just try to get better by playing. It's much more effective and mostly it's much more fun. You're playing this to have fun, right? :p

Just make sure you learn how to block and sidestep instantly. :p

After a while of playing you can head back into practice to see if there's some nice effective moves to upgrade your own arsenal with. :)

At least that's how I approach the game. Bear in mind though, I suck at juggling. :)

Oh and I don't like Lars that much either, but I don't mind him as much as Alisa by a longshot. Maybe because he seems to fit a bit better in the cast, but probably because I've only faced like 1 or 2 Larses yet. And about a trillion Alisa's. :(

Fersis

Just got KOF 2002UM Woooo!!!
But ill play some T6 tonight, see you in the ring guys.

GrayFoxPL

You shouldn't leave just after one match, Fersis.
You knew there will be lag. I had the same lag. It wasn't even that bad, there was worse lag when I played FindMyFarms and we menaged. If you think it has no sense just because of wiffed juggles then you're missing the point, man.

Anyway. I thought I'll come clean with zero hate msgs today. But one of the last fights ruined the good record. I was fighting some "Avenger" status Yoshi with my Lei and won in the end. Then I get: "Omg, I can't believe I lost to you, but I was talking to people there..." I rolled my eyes and just wrote back "sure". Then he kept going "Yeah, I could beat you in my sleep otherwise!" This kind of sore losers annoy me the most. I preffer those "retard-calling" ones by a mile, at least those shut up after one msg. :p

My chart of most common characters met in ranked:

1. Law
- about 20 laws today. 7 in a row. Fuck those top tier bawagon jumpers.
2. Asuka
3. Alisa
4. Eddy
5. Kazuya
6. Lili
7. King
8. Bryan
9. Hwoarang
10. Steve
11. Nina or Lars (huh?)

The rest is in such minority it makes me sad. I fought few great Leos lately, few awesome Armor Kings, one amazing Kuma player. I hope you guy meet him, he has mindblowing bear! :lol. Maybe one Julia. Some Zafinas. But that's in single times mostly since the game came out. Why aren't people playing Wang, Heihatchi, Devil Jin, Craig or the other 30 characters?

Law takes the cake with 65% of all encounters. Later is that top 11 and maybe 2% left for the rest of the cast.

What's it like on your end guys?

Fersis

Ok, GrayFoxPL lets try it again some other day ^__^

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
This game, or the PS3 really needs a MUTE voice option.

Every time I hear someone talking I just want to scream.

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Ok, GrayFoxPL lets try it again some other day ^__^

Cool!

Lumine said:
What the hell are you talking about? The option is right there before you search for a match. :lol

But it doesn't mute. It searches for opponents without a mic. I chose this too. Hate hearing people. Fucking burping pigs.

MrDenny

arstal said:
This game, or the PS3 really needs a MUTE voice option.

Every time I hear someone talking I just want to scream.
I believe there's an option to search for matches that have it turned it off.
Yea, but sometimes it's annoying. Some people get really angry when they lose.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
MrDenny said:
I believe there's an option to search for matches that have it turned it off.
Yea, but sometimes it's annoying. Some people get really angry when they lose.

If you turn the option off I don't get any decent connects, just 1-3 bars.

Jubs

GrayFoxPL said:
Law takes the cake with 65% of all encounters. Later is that top 11 and maybe 2% left for the rest of the cast.

I've only played against one Law in about 25 ranked matches. Most of my fights have been against Lili and Asuka, which isn't fun because of their overall trickiness and annoying mix-up strings.

I've been playing Bruce lately, and I've been winning a fair portion of my games, but I'm guessing that's because no one plays Bruce and people are unfamiliar with him.

noodalls said:
http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=115253

I had a look into this, I can probably check DR as well.

Edit - did look at it. And don't get me started on f,f+X. ;)

Wow, thanks for that. And people in this thread thought I was crazy/making shit up. I've been playing for 12 years. I may not be good, but I fucking know what's supposed to happen when I properly perform moves.

To the person that asked which character I use, it's Yoshi. It's embarassing how often I crouch jab instead of FC, d/f+1_b+1 (Sword sweep). I've been doing that, and can still do it in every other Tekken, since T2 flawlessly. Something is scewy and it's not me.

So I picked up Tekken 6 for 30$, and it's the first Tekken I've ever really played outside of mashing around a tiny bit in Tekken 3 way back in the day. I'm familiar with 2D fighters like Street Fighter but I'm pretty much completely new to 3D fighting games.

Any advice for a first time Tekken and 3D fighting game player? I'll admit I'm a bit overwhelmed by the 100+ moves each character has compared to the handful in games like SF. Are there any characters that are good to use to get the hang of the basics? I liked Lei but then I looked at his movelist and saw a bazillion different stances and other insanity and it seemed a bit much for a newb. :lol

voodoopanda said:
So I picked up Tekken 6 for 30$, and it's the first Tekken I've ever really played outside of mashing around a tiny bit in Tekken 3 way back in the day. I'm familiar with 2D fighters like Street Fighter but I'm pretty much completely new to 3D fighting games.

Any advice for a first time Tekken and 3D fighting game player? I'll admit I'm a bit overwhelmed by the 100+ moves each character has compared to the handful in games like SF. Are there any characters that are good to use to get the hang of the basics? I liked Lei but then I looked at his movelist and saw a bazillion different stances and other insanity and it seemed a bit much for a newb. :lol

www.tekkenzaibatsu.com

That's a great place to get familiar with the mechanics of Tekken. There are forums dedicated to character strategies and combos and what not. Hell, I'm not crazy into fighters yet I still found that site extremely helpful and informative over the years.

noodalls

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Wow, thanks for that. And people in this thread thought I was crazy/making shit up. I've been playing for 12 years. I may not be good, but I fucking know what's supposed to happen when I properly perform moves.

To the person that asked which character I use, it's Yoshi. It's embarassing how often I crouch jab instead of FC, d/f+1_b+1 (Sword sweep). I've been doing that, and can still do it in every other Tekken, since T2 flawlessly. Something is scewy and it's not me.

What conclusion did you draw from what I did? I thought it showed that T6 is pretty much just as responsive as T5DR.

On a CRT the jabs hit on the same frame, and on a HDTV they hit within a frame of each other with just 1 trial.

It shows that LCDs induce lag, but this is well known.

The fact that f,f+X is the same as f+X and you actually need to input f,F+X is true, but was true in T5DR as well.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
My personal Rotation of Characters are Wang, Baek, Miguel, and Asuka.

Wanted to add Julia to that list, but that was before Baek's time. Asuka and Miguel where early Favs, but Wang is just so fun, and just fits my playstyle wonderfully.

Wouldn't mind playing some Gafs on 360 sometimes, always nice to see some skilled use of a variety of characters ^_^

GrayFoxPL

arstal said:
If you turn the option off I don't get any decent connects, just 1-3 bars.

Checked this today. A lot more matches, not nessesary better connections. Hmm. I've been doing it wrong it seems. :lol

MMaRsu

GrayFoxPL said:
You shouldn't leave just after one match, Fersis.
You knew there will be lag. I had the same lag. It wasn't even that bad, there was worse lag when I played FindMyFarms and we menaged. If you think it has no sense just because of wiffed juggles then you're missing the point, man.

Anyway. I thought I'll come clean with zero hate msgs today. But one of the last fights ruined the good record. I was fighting some "Avenger" status Yoshi with my Lei and won in the end. Then I get: "Omg, I can't believe I lost to you, but I was talking to people there..." I rolled my eyes and just wrote back "sure". Then he kept going "Yeah, I could beat you in my sleep otherwise!" This kind of sore losers annoy me the most. I preffer those "retard-calling" ones by a mile, at least those shut up after one msg. :p

My chart of most common characters met in ranked:

1. Law
- about 20 laws today. 7 in a row. Fuck those top tier bawagon jumpers.
2. Asuka
3. Alisa
4. Eddy
5. Kazuya
6. Lili
7. King
8. Bryan
9. Hwoarang
10. Steve
11. Nina or Lars (huh?)

The rest is in such minority it makes me sad. I fought few great Leos lately, few awesome Armor Kings, one amazing Kuma player. I hope you guy meet him, he has mindblowing bear! :lol. Maybe one Julia. Some Zafinas. But that's in single times mostly since the game came out. Why aren't people playing Wang, Heihatchi, Devil Jin, Craig or the other 30 characters?

I barely meet Bruce.. but I love playing with him cause I kick ass :D.

I'm trying to learn Armor King and I've got a few quick questions about things I've come across.

Whats iSW? I see it mentioned a bunch but I'm having trouble finding out exactly what it means/how to do it.

I've having a bit of trouble performing moves that look like DP motions but the notation has like a star after the forward. Forward * Down, DownForward + whatever. Any tips on how to pull those off, either on a pad or a stick?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
voodoopanda said:
I'm trying to learn Armor King and I've got a few quick questions about things I've come across.

Whats iSW? I see it mentioned a bunch but I'm having trouble finding out exactly what it means/how to do it.

I've having a bit of trouble performing moves that look like DP motions but the notation has like a star after the forward. Forward * Down, DownForward + whatever. Any tips on how to pull those off, either on a pad or a stick?

iSW is f,f,f+2+4 basically the running throw used in combos.

If used on an airborne opponent, it will result in a running power bomb.

Example of a good combo with iSW = u/f+4, f+2,2, f+1, b+2,1+2, B!, iSW ! (This is with King).

With Armor King, try this, u/f+4, 2,1, d/b+2, B!, iSW.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God this game is so much better than SF4 its crazy. It's just too bad they kinda dropped the ball early on cause not as many ppl play it. :(

unomas

Banned
Yes yes yes!
I finally beat that stupid bitch Alisa and finished the campaign. Unfortunately I still have to try to beat Nightmare train and get 100%, but at least I got that other shit done!

Top Bottom