• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Well, as crazy as it sounds I just got 1000/1000 now, on top of my Platinum on PSN, and already getting Tekken God/All Endings on PSP version...

I'm still not bored with it.

But yeah, I didnt get bored with T5 till about a month before T5DR released on PSN. Then, hooked again.

unomas

Banned
RelentlessRolento said:
Well, as crazy as it sounds I just got 1000/1000 now, on top of my Platinum on PSN, and already getting Tekken God/All Endings on PSP version...

I'm still not bored with it.

But yeah, I didnt get bored with T5 till about a month before T5DR released on PSN. Then, hooked again.

Apparently you love you some Tekken! Any tips for nightmare train? I've got Devil Jin with +310 health yet I still only have one bar of health, and Alisa gets slaughtered about 20 seconds into it. Do you need +400 health boost to get 2 bars of health?

unomas said:
Apparently you love you some Tekken! Any tips for nightmare train? I've got Devil Jin with +310 health yet I still only have one bar of health, and Alisa gets slaughtered about 20 seconds into it. Do you need +400 health boost to get 2 bars of health?

equip some damage enhancers and defence boosters. Also put on an ice item since it makes group killing alot easier.

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
iSW is f,f,f+2+4 basically the running throw used in combos.

If used on an airborne opponent, it will result in a running power bomb.

Example of a good combo with iSW = u/f+4, f+2,2, f+1, b+2,1+2, B!, iSW ! (This is with King).

With Armor King, try this, u/f+4, 2,1, d/b+2, B!, iSW.

iSW and just instant run is my achilles heel for over a decade. I just can't do it. Sometimes it just comes up but I yet have to do a juggle with power bomb. Do you have any tips how to do it on a pad? Is it f,f,f as fast as possible? Is it some kind of rythym? Do I hold the last F?
It always comes up as dash for me and I have no idea what am I doing wrong.

db+2 doesn't bound with A King. f+1+2, d+2, df+2.

sca2511

do equipment bonuses stack? Like lets say, 20% bonus attack feet and 40% bonus attack chest - would that make it total 60% or just whatever I equipped first?

GrayFoxPL

sca2511 said:
do equipment bonuses stack? Like lets say, 20% bonus attack feet and 40% bonus attack chest - would that make it total 60% or just whatever I equipped first?

No, just what was first equipped. It's annoying because you have to deactivate or unequip the weaker item first or the new one will be useless.

For nightmare train I suggest never leaving alisa alone. Stay close untill Devil Jin comes, then stay close to sides of wagon and try to juggle him out of it.

GrayFoxPL said:
No, just what was first equipped. It's annoying because you have to deactivate or unequip the weaker item first or the new one will be useless.

What about over 2 characters? Does the game work out bonuses for individual characters or is it a combination effect? e.g. If p1 has an 18% money bonus and p2 has a 22% money bonus, does this increase collected money by either players by 40%? Or do you only get an 18% increase if p1 picks up the money and 22% if p2 picks up the money? This game really sucks at explaining basic mechanics to players.

sca2511

GrayFoxPL said:

For nightmare train I suggest never leaving alisa alone. Stay close untill Devil Jin comes, then stay close to sides of wagon and try to juggle him out of it.
Good to know. Was wondering why the percentages weren't increasing when trying to stack similar abilities. Plus I still can't pass that damn train level.

GrayFoxPL

wackojackosnose said:
What about over 2 characters? Does the game work out bonuses for individual characters or is it a combination effect? e.g. If p1 has an 18% money bonus and p2 has a 22% money bonus, does this increase collected money by either players by 40%? Or do you only get an 18% increase if p1 picks up the money and 22% if p2 picks up the money? This game really sucks at explaining basic mechanics to players.

Eh. It's individual. All.

You don't really need to get deep into it. The mode is primitive and beside one or two levels it can be beat with random items. On medium at least.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
RelentlessRolento said:
equip some damage enhancers and defence boosters. Also put on an ice item since it makes group killing alot easier.
For Lars, what do you suggest? I've been maining him in SC, so I got most of his stuff.

Novid

Banned
Just a small aside - somebody in Namdai better give who ever did the tune for "Fallen Colony" a raise or something because, well - its is hetic as hell but ill be damned if it doesnt represent a lot of things. That and its damn good.

PedroRVD

I cleared the damn train after almost 5 hours of trying! I will never be able to do it on hard =(

I always skipped this kind of fighting games (tekken, soul calibur, virtua fighter) because I always saw them as button mashers, but Tekken 5 caught my attention, and now I love Tekken 6. Im doing nice with Lili, im creating some cool juggles and its a lot satisfying.

Tekken 6 is a great game and Im enjoying it a lot...my only gripe is the lack of real story mode (mid story rivals, cutscenes between characters etc)...

One little question, is there a way to do another victory poses for characters that have more than four?

twinturbo2 said:
For Lars, what do you suggest? I've been maining him in SC, so I got most of his stuff.

Just get items that do the following:

Health Boost
Offensive Boost
Defensive Boost
Ice
(last is whatever you want, but for more offense choose lightning)

PedroRVD said:
One little question, is there a way to do another victory poses for characters that have more than four?

1+2, 3+4, etc.

haunts said:
God this game is so much better than SF4 its crazy. It's just too bad they kinda dropped the ball early on cause not as many ppl play it. :(
Should of gotten the PS3 version Haunts. Way more players on the PSN.

unomas

Banned
I had fun playing on PSN tonight even though I went 15-20 in player matches. I'm having a hard time figuring out good juggles and combos with Lei Wulong. The last Tekken I had ever played was Tag and I always loved using Lei. Now though it seems like there are so many other stacked players that Lei seems lower tier compared to the rest. Any good Lei players out there on PSN willing to help me out a little?

Finally about to buy this game tonight when I get off. Anything I should know when I start playing?

Are all the characters unlocked for regular VS mode?

EDIT: Can the RAGE mode be turned off? Does it really feel like a cheap win when used?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
34oc75z.gif

luka

Loves Robotech S1
IcebergSlim3000 said:
Mystical Forest is the only track worth listening to. In fact I'll go so far as say it's the best track in all the Tekken games. The only ones that come close being Estrada de Estrela, and Touch in Go from Tekken 4.

I'm sorry..what? Tekken 6 has a ton of awesome tracks I'd buy the ost for. The awesomely catchy player select, lightning storm, electric fountain, anger of the earth, fallen colony, azazel's chamber, etc.

Spurs_Fan

Neo Member
just got the game psn Spursfan_toyi if anyone wants to play i suck horribly as i havent played a tekken in 2 years but oh well gotta get the rust out:D

RelentlessRolento said:
Rly? Idk, t5dr is still my fave tekken ost.
I'll keep it though. I got it at a really good discount from my store so no point in giving it back. I'll be going online with it as soon as I get used to my characters. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I've been kind of hyping the game in my head for a while and it isn't all I hoped it'd be. Plus they messed up Paul's voice man.

BlackGoku03 said:
I'll keep it though. I got it at a really good discount from my store so no point in giving it back. I'll be going online with it as soon as I get used to my characters. Maybe it'll grow on me.

I've been kind of hyping the game in my head for a while and it isn't all I hoped it'd be. Plus they messed up Paul's voice man.

when was the last time you played Tekken? it changed in T5 a little, and not really at all in T6.

the guy I wish still had his T5 voice was Lei... it's still weird to hear him speak perfect english after I've gotten to know him saying a broken "Not-GoooD-E-Nuff"

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
TEKKEN 6 North American Championship Results!

The TEKKEN 6 NATIONAL TOURNAMENT crowned ‘chetchetty’ as its champion this past weekend and UFRAGTV was there to capture it all! Check out the live stream archive of the event after clicking below. More results and pics from the event after the jump.

TEKKEN 6 NATIONAL TOURNAMENT
1st Place : chetchetty – Chetan Chetty (Paul)
2nd Place : MrNAPS – Jimmy Tran (Bryan)
3rd Place : insanelee – Bronson Tran (Julia)
4th Place : aris – Aris Bakhtanians (Dragunov)

GGL ONLINE TOURNAMENT
1st Place : jtchinoi – Justin Tan (Xiaoyu, Alisa) (PS3 Champion)
2nd Place : Blood Red – Arthur Hill (Lei) (360 Champion)

PICTURE GALLERIES

---

Misc pictures from the event:

4184352468_aa5db6db49_b.jpg

4184365540_5ce8fc87ea_b.jpg

4183479079_d20944bd05_b.jpg

4183475369_87860f3edc_b.jpg

4183458945_9bf007df7d_b.jpg

4184372018_ccaca08154_b.jpg

Yea. I like taking pictures with girls. :) lol.

Anso

luka said:
I'm sorry..what? Tekken 6 has a ton of awesome tracks I'd buy the ost for. The awesomely catchy player select, lightning storm, electric fountain, anger of the earth, fallen colony, azazel's chamber, etc.

I agree with this man. Still, I wish Yu Miyake was on it and that Akitaka Tohyama got to do more.. The Tekken Tag team did the best soundtrack, now it's a bit unfocused. Ah well, still great stuff.

Steroyd

I've never been so pissed off at a game and a company before, and i've bloody endured Jinpachi on Tekken 5 ffs.

Whoever thought making me play through a shitty campaign mode to inject a storyline into Tekken needs to be shot in the balls, and if it's the same person who created Azazel needs to be shot in the balls twice, the whole mode is a complete regression of the 3D brawlers of yore No camera control, no lock on it has it all, and if there is a magical button that lets me cotnrol these things for the love of god please tell me it exists.

I wouldn't be so angry if i weren't forced to play it.

Online is crap so far, got a new wired conneection because my wireless has been fucking up epically lately and i've had disconnects, awful input lag and this is playing with someone from the same country who has a decent connection.

Offline 2 player reminds me why I love the Tekken series, but good lord Namco decided to throw a lot of shitty obstacles in my way to test the love,

Any tips on beating Azazel?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Steroyd said:
I've never been so pissed off at a game and a company before, and i've bloody endured Jinpachi on Tekken 5 ffs.

Whoever thought making me play through a shitty campaign mode to inject a storyline into Tekken needs to be shot in the balls, and if it's the same person who created Azazel needs to be shot in the balls twice, the whole mode is a complete regression of the 3D brawlers of yore No camera control, no lock on it has it all, and if there is a magical button that lets me cotnrol these things for the love of god please tell me it exists.

Online is crap so far, got a new wired conneection because my wireless has been fucking up epically lately and i've had disconnects, awful input lag and this is playing with someone from the same country who has a decent connection.

Offline 2 player reminds me why I love the Tekken series, but good lord Namco decided to throw a lot of shitty obstacles in my way to test the love,

There is a lock on button- R1 I think

Online scenario sucks balls. Namco needs to give us Gold Rush mode at least, or massively up gains from online player matches. Both would make me happy. Fighting game companies need to realize we buy fighting games to play fighting games, not play other games. Are that they afraid of the genre?

Online- some of it is Tekken itself, which isn't as lag friendly as SF or even VF. Netcode itself is SF4 quality, so that's on you there.

Azazel, knock down+ unblockables supposedly. I haven't bothered with single player crap much any since online patch (and mostly played SF4 instead- I don't get how BR> DR to be honest)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
RelentlessRolento said:
good shit and good work by namco, ufrag, and esp MM and faye.

yay, found some time to watch through it?

good stuff :)

I didn't even watch the stream in it's entirety yet!

This is why I quite the fighting scene years ago. To many lame ass people in the community. I just popped in T6 today for a couple of matches and out of the six games, four boot me from the room, and two rage quitted than gave me back feedback for being a "Paul Poker" Whatever dude.

unomas

Banned
Steroyd said:

While I do agree with you about the single player I do love the online multiplayer, and I'm glad they patched that mode and made it more than playable for the majority of matches. I still haven't finished the entire single player campaign, still gotta get past Nightmare train, but it seems damn near impossible without the proper powerups. Hopefully I'll go back and finish it at some point, but the online is leagues better so why bother besides the trophies/achievements.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
S t y l e z said:
This is why I quite the fighting scene years ago. To many lame ass people in the community. I just popped in T6 today for a couple of matches and out of the six games, four boot me from the room, and two rage quitted than gave me back feedback for being a "Paul Poker" Whatever dude.

It really is mostly a Tekken thing. I've not gotten raged on in any game like I have in Tekken, where about 30-40% of my online matches end in ragequits.

SF4 and BB I hardly ever get ragequits.

SC had it too to some degree- maybe it's a Namco issue then. We need to bring back Weaponlord to test that theory out.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
S t y l e z said:

Please do not take 'online players' actions as a representation of the 'community.'

Those guys are just douche bags. :(

Top Bottom