• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
That is for online only, is it not?

Mokujin has always been this way. While he has combos that don't connect properly (while they do for the mimic'd character), he also has combos exclusive to him.

Wasn't aware of that. Great. Btw. Mokujin with Bob style looks awesome. Shame you can't "program" him.

It would be great. Programing Mokujin with various moves. Better mode then scenario.

GrayFoxPL said:
Wasn't aware of that. Great. Btw. Mokujin with Bob style looks awesome. Shame you can't "program" him.

It would be great. Programing Mokujin with various moves. Better mode then scenario.

You can program... only on PSP though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Played for like 4 hours straight in practice mode today...

Been using a lot of Julia as of late...

Using this as her BNB:

u/f+4,3, f+4, d,d/f+1,3,1, d,d/f+1,4,1+2 B!, d,d/f+1,3, d+1+2

CH 4, f,f+1, d,d/f+1,3,1, d,d/f+1,4,1+2 B!, d,d/f+1,3, d+1+2

Repetition/practice is key!

After I feel comfortable with T6 Julia a bit more I'll try her out vs some local comp. Til' then I'll be working on my new roster of chars to use/mess with.

Eddy*
Feng Wei
Bob*
Alisa
Lars
Julia*
King
Bruce
Law
Lili*

* characters I've been considering using as my mains.

BTW! If anyone wants to play on PSN/XBL my GT is MarkManSDT !

I'm located in Southern California (San Diego). So please take that into consideration before sending me a match request. I prefer 5 bar connections :x

How exactly do you play the Scenario Campaign mode online+co-op? I'd like to give it a try, but I can't seem to find the option anywhere? I could have sworn I read it was online enabled...

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
BMX Bandit said:
How exactly do you play the Scenario Campaign mode online+co-op? I'd like to give it a try, but I can't seem to find the option anywhere? I could have sworn I read it was online enabled...

There will be an online patch sometime soon that enables the online co-op for SC mode.

Caj814

I'm hoping they also patch in the practice mode fixes and extra stages that the PSP version got.I'm still wondering if we'll get any of that "free DLC" after the scenario patch drops.

LowParry

For T6, I thought of stepping away from my mains and going into playing new characters entirely. So I've been playing around with Bruce, Law and Armored King. I must say, the results are so random. :lol I got a lot ways to go.

Am I the only one who thinks that this super-powered boss system is dumb as fuck? I hate Jinpachi and I hate Azazel. What happened to having bosses be playable characters that didn't have laughably ridiculous and overpowered moves? I liked the boss system they used with Kazuya and Ogre in T2 and T3 a lot better than this.

LowParry

Panda Bear said:
Am I the only one who thinks that this super-powered boss system is dumb as fuck? I hate Jinpachi and I hate Azazel. What happened to having bosses be playable characters that didn't have laughably ridiculous and overpowered moves? I liked the boss system they used with Kazuya and Ogre in T2 and T3 a lot better than this.

I surely hope you've tried KOF bosses. Cause they make Jinpachi and Azazel look like pussies.

The more I play T6BR, The more I appreciate VF5. The Oki game and long combos did it for me. Just like I hated Marvel years ago, this game is not for me. I love alot of things about Tekken(Like Chicken a move and the Throw escape system)But I can't get into the game anymore. T6, made me go back to VF5, T5DR and SFIV. Fun game, but not for me.

Been playing T6 PSP here in NYC for my vacation. Been playing Paul and Bryan a bit more now and I have to say they are def more fun now than they use to be. I still can't play a good bryan that uses the taunt effectively but I'm constantly picking up new techniques with him... love it.

Paul I still have to adjust to since I still suck at most of his just frame shit. I do like he has a just frame throw for no reason.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
ShinobiFist said:
The more I play T6BR, The more I appreciate VF5. The Oki game and long combos did it for me. Just like I hated Marvel years ago, this game is not for me. I love alot of things about Tekken(Like Chicken a move and the Throw escape system)But I can't get into the game anymore. T6, made me go back to VF5, T5DR and SFIV. Fun game, but not for me.

I don't understand why so many people are saying t6 is making them go back to t5dr. I played dr for a couple months before 6 and they're so similar. What exactly does t5 do better other than resolution and load times?

luka said:
I don't understand why so many people are saying t6 is making them go back to t5dr. I played dr for a couple months before 6 and they're so similar. What exactly does t5 do better other than resolution and load times?
Shorter juggles (in terms of time spent in the air). Still pretty long in T5DR, though.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
IMO Tekken 5: DR is worse. The combos/wall mind game in that game are so much more unforgiving.

And not every character can compete!

MarkMan said:
IMO Tekken 5: DR is worse. The combos/wall mind game in that game are so much more unforgiving.

And not every character can compete!
I agree in terms of balance and damage. I was just talking about the amount of time actually spent being juggled is longer in T6 than all previous Tekkens.

papercut

Master Thespian said:
I agree in terms of balance and damage. I was just talking about the amount of time actually spent being juggled is longer in T6 than all previous Tekkens.

This is my main gripe with the game. Thanks to Bound, I spend more time just watching the screen waiting for my opponent's juggle to end. It gets old.

Spurs_Fan

Neo Member
papercut said:
This is my main gripe with the game. Thanks to Bound, I spend more time just watching the screen waiting for my opponent's juggle to end. It gets old.

true, although im not expecting to be great at the game, it kinda gets tiring when im placed with 70% win opponents and the match is bascially over once they get me in the air:/ all well im still having great time with the game:D

Hahaha, alright, I just played my first couple matches online. I'm not kidding or making it up when I tell you everybody I played online used the same juggle over and over. Is that the strategy in Tekken, I don't know? Aside from the newbies, the people who knew what they were doing did the same thing over and over, every round.

Spurs_Fan said:
true, although im not expecting to be great at the game, it kinda gets tiring when im placed with 70% win opponents and the match is bascially over once they get me in the air:/ all well im still having great time with the game:D

Same here, matchmaking is amazing. First time playing a ranked match the guy had easily double the amounts of wins, even close to triple.

If the long juggles/bounds are bothering you then just get better as dumb as that sounds.

Playing better means you'll set urself up less for juggles and etc. Only way to play better is to figure it out urself.

RelentlessRolento said:
If the long juggles/bounds are bothering you then just get better as dumb as that sounds.

Playing better means you'll set urself up less for juggles and etc. Only way to play better is to figure it out urself.
I rarely see a T6 match being won by just straight poking, your going to see a long combo in matches, no matter what, and after awhile it just got boring seeing the same shit. Regardless, there's to many opportunity's to get setup into a long juggle in this game. Is either a sweep or a launcher. Shit, Bryan Fury for example could do 70+ damage of his sweep. Yeah, is a big risk move, but having that move sets up his UF+4(If you assume they're going to parry low or block low)were it also leads to 70+ damage.

T6 is way more balance than the previous Tekken(T5DR)But, seeing those long combos in T6 get's annoying man, even if it happens twice in a round by you or your opponent. Like I said, this is just my opinion. I'm not saying the game is garbage, just saying it doesn't appeal to me anymore. I'm still going to mess with it, but not at a strong pace as before(like this past summer)I realize I like short combos in my fighting games to keep the pace going(Like VF and SF)

-EDIT-On a side note, every fighting game has there thing, you might like it, or you might not. Plain and simple.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Whoa... Have you not seen tournament VF? Especially with walls, that shit is straight up stupid now. lol.

This is TEKKEN. Since TEKKEN 3/TAG it's been all about juggles at the highest levels of play. The game is all about juggles and how to prevent getting juggled.

IMO, T6 actually encourages pokes more. Pokes do more damage now than ever. (see damage scaling compared to previous Tekken games).

There aren't many characters that can do 50% juggles now (without walls). With walls into play, almost everyone can. That's a good thing. In previous TEKKEN games it could be make one mistake+wall = you're dead if you guess wrong.

EDIT of my own:

ShinobiFist said:
-EDIT-On a side note, every fighting game has there thing, you might like it, or you might not. Plain and simple.

WELL SAID!

MarkMan said:
Whoa... Have you not seen tournament VF? Especially with walls, that shit is straight up stupid now. lol.

This is TEKKEN. Since TEKKEN 3/TAG it's been all about juggles at the highest levels of play. The game is all about juggles and how to prevent getting juggled.

IMO, T6 actually encourages pokes more. Pokes do more damage now than ever. (see damage scaling compared to previous Tekken games)

NVM-I just "Just frame" myself, lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Dear Namco please add these features on the upcoming patch:
1) Combo counter enabled on matches (Currently its only enabled on Practice mode)
2) Ability to record the sparring character on Practice mode
3) More (much more) money given on arcade mode

Thanks

MarkMan said:
Stopped getting launched.

It's not that most of the time I was getting launched, it was usually while I was down also that people would just keep attacking, getting me back up, and attacking more and the only way I would break out of their continuous mash of attacks is by rolling to the side and throwing the opponent off for maybe 2 seconds.

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
Dear Namco please add these features on the upcoming patch:
1) Combo counter enabled on matches (Currently its only enabled on Practice mode)

Thanks

And big ass pop ups like: "AWESOME COMBO!!!", "INCREDIBLE!!!", "YOU ARE ON FIRE!" "WOO HOO!!!"

Seriously, combo counter in Tekken? This is not marvel.
No.

red shoe paul said:
It's not that most of the time I was getting launched, it was usually while I was down also that people would just keep attacking, getting me back up, and attacking more and the only way I would break out of their continuous mash of attacks is by rolling to the side and throwing the opponent off for maybe 2 seconds.

News flash: In Tekken you are not safe after being knocked down. People are not being dicks by not letting you get up and get ready, they are just playing the game accordingly.

The fucking handspring was made too good now for getting up anyway. Why it's such high priority? Grrrr.

DR2K

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
And big ass pop ups like: "AWESOME COMBO!!!", "INCREDIBLE!!!", "YOU ARE ON FIRE!" "WOO HOO!!!"

No.

Or Vf, DOA, SF, etc. . . a combo counter would make the most sense in Tekken of all fighting games, since 70% of the time a character is being juggled, the rest being footsies and oki.

MarkMan said:

This is true, however the juggles used to be shorter in length and higher in damage per hit. I actually prefer it that. A greater percentage of the match time controlling my character. I miss the old high damage days of all fighting games. Everything is long drawn out combos now. Once again, I don't mind taking the damage for my mistake, I have an issue with the pace of the game being interrupted for such a long period of time.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GrayFoxPL said:

No.

News flash: In Tekken you are not safe after being knocked down. People are not being dicks by not letting you get up and get ready, they are just playing the game accordingly.

The fucking handspring was made too good now for getting up anyway. Why it's such high priority? Grrrr.
A combo counter would be helpful for newbies like me.

GrayFoxPL

Fersis said:
A combo counter would be helpful for newbies like me.

I'm not bitting on the whole combo counter idea but what that would encourage Bamco to do. I don't trust them. It's not the old Namco. It'd start with combo counter and next would be smartass annoucer, billboard flashes on every bound and other "cool" shit.

And let's keep the screen relatively clear with health bars, timer and player names.

I love kofXI but look at the screen. F16 HUD looks empty compared to this.

Fersis

GrayFoxPL said:
I'm not bitting on the whole combo counter idea but what that would encourage Bamco to do. I don't trust them. It's not the old Namco. It'd start with combo counter and next would be smartass annoucer, billboard flashes on every bound and other "cool" shit.

And let's keep the screen relatively clear with health bars, timer and player names.

I love kofXI but look at the screen. F16 HUD looks empty compared to this.
:lol

I like KOFXI UI, its complex i know, but the entire UI is really coherent thorugh the game. And its pretty 'clean' in the way that doesnt mess with the game space(Unlike KOFXII)
<3 KOF XI <3

Dont know nothing about Namco, the combo counter is great to learn which moves link to others and stuff like that.

Oh i forgot :
<3 <3 KOF XI <3 <3

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
GrayFoxPL said:

No.
I'd find it useful, and a counter counter, too.

Yeah, what turned me off most about this game was watching all the "high level" play before i even got a chance to play the game where people were performing the same. Fucking. Combos. Over. And over. And over. And over. And over.... See how annoying that was.... yeah... it was like that.

I never got more upset at a Tekken's moveset as I did watching this game. With every Tekken that i followed closely, I looked forward to trying all the new shit. Not here. Every time I see certain moves performed, it's so obvious what to expect afterwards. It's terrible. What's the point of having all these moves if people don't use them all? Because of it's popularity, Tekken's juggling system has become pretty pathetic when everyone is doing the same shit. I'd enjoy it more if we had the option for juggle defense like timing a certain button press to match the opponents. That right there will prevent the douchy same combos of the world from getting too comfortable with their one trick pony.

MrPliskin

Banned
Spent some time playing this with a friend, basically introducing him to "high level" Tekken play.

After I taught him some frame traps and told him how frame data works, we went online and he was doing pretty well.

The night ended with a guy telling him that he was only winning because of his impeccable timing (not really understanding that he was constantly getting caught in frame traps). So good.

Dahbomb

Is frame trapping just using frame advantage of some moves to continue pressurizing the opponent even when they block it? Like you hit someone with a move that gives you frame advantage on block, they think that they have blocked it so they try to punish you but instead they end up eating your next quicker attack because of the frame advantage.

I thought this was common sense among players even when they don't know of the terminology. This really is something that comes more from experience though. Some moves appear to be punishable when they aren't and vice versa.

And people complaining about the way others play online... this happens with all fighting games. Certain characters will get picked more than others, certain moves will be used more than others and certain combos/strategies will be more used than others. Doesn't take away from the game's depth, variety and balance... something which Tekken 6 has plenty of. There is an indefinite number of juggle variations you can do but most people only know of the sample combos or the b&b combos, they rarely make their own stuff. Tekken shines when there strategies involve mixing up moves and there are plenty of ways to mix up your moves in Tekken.

People see juggles and they get intimidated. It just looks painful as compared to Tekken 5/DR where it actually WAS painful.

Top Bottom