• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Dahbomb

GrayFoxPL said:
I'm surprised people aren't jumping on Paul bewagon. There are Pauls online, yes, but not near the number of Asuka, Eddy, Lili, etc. The ease of use + damage, and few people use him? Blows my mind. Pauls raw power just destroys those characters. On other hand it's good for me. I hate playing overpopular character.
I don't know, back in the Tekken 3 days Paul was one of the most used characters. His low/mid mix ups hurt and his Death Fist gave me nightmares. A lot has changed since then and I am afraid Paul is just lost amongst the massive character roster. He was even used a lot in Tekken 4.

GrayFoxPL

CcrooK said:
Paul's great! But since 4, I'm kinda got bored of him. Even still he's a freakin champ! Aliens beware!
I know what you mean. I played him to death in T2, Tag but later not nearly as much. Maybe T4 thanks to his awesome 2p costume. In T5 and DR very little. So he had his break and now I get to use him again and he got new tools to boot. The only thing I'm annoyed with are the reanimated shreder kicks. They look so girly now. :lol Bring back the old animation for them!

Btw. T5 Paul customs >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T6 Paul customs.
Is there anything better then a dog glued to his hair or alien strapped to his leg? Nope. Nothing.

His customs in T6 just proove that Bamco has a unhealthy cowboy fetish.

_dementia said:
How awesome would it be if Leo were a hermaphrodite?
So awesome.
I had a stiffy watching "that" scene in Fudoh:The new generation, so I can't deny my insticts. :lol

But MM probably meant that he'd seen the original/deleted "Leo in the shower" - ending.
Or something. But really, they said it's a girl at the very begining and now they want us to forget that. :p

GrayFoxPL

Dahbomb said:
I don't know, back in the Tekken 3 days Paul was one of the most used characters. His low/mid mix ups hurt and his Death Fist gave me nightmares. A lot has changed since then and I am afraid Paul is just lost amongst the massive character roster. He was even used a lot in Tekken 4.

I agree, that's all true. I meant only the T6 online environment with the bawagon. It's like people don't notice his power. But that may change.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:
BTW

Leo is a chick. Don't ask how I know or my source. Just believe.
Your source better be right on that one.

Anyways, do you think Leo got to Kaz and beat him, storyline wise? I just want to see Kaz go to prision and break out looking for revenge, if only so I can play as Kaz in Tekken 7 with an orange jumpsuit. :lol

twinturbo2 said:
Your source better be right on that one.

Anyways, do you think Leo got to Kaz and beat him, storyline wise? I just want to see Kaz go to prision and break out looking for revenge, if only so I can play as Kaz in Tekken 7 with an orange jumpsuit. :lol

prob them most canon in terms of story that will lead to T7 is all that happened in scenario mode.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
RelentlessRolento said:
prob them most canon in terms of story that will lead to T7 is all that happened in scenario mode.
I will say straight up that Jin isn't going to die. Namco would be too stupid, and it would prevent the reunion between Jin and Jun that I assume HAS to be set up for T7. I still want Kaz in a prison uniform, tho.

twinturbo2 said:
I will say straight up that Jin isn't going to die. Namco would be too stupid, and it would prevent the reunion between Jin and Jun that I assume HAS to be set up for T7. I still want Kaz in a prison uniform, tho.
Also Lars will finally find out what its like to fuck a robot

zoku88

This is going to be a stupid question, since I haven't played a Tekken game since Tekken 3, but did they get rid of arcade endings or something? I beat that monster thing and then I get a staffroll.

zoku88 said:
This is going to be a stupid question, since I haven't played a Tekken game since Tekken 3, but did they get rid of arcade endings or something? I beat that monster thing and then I get a staffroll.

you have to play scenario mode for the endings. arcade mode is pointless unless you're going for some trophies.

Caj814

zoku88 said:
Oh.....

Well, then XD

Endings start to randomly unlock the more you play.Regardless on whether you go through the Arena in Scenario.I only went through 1 character in the arena but after playing for a few weeks everything eventually unlocked by itself.:lol

humiliate your friends:

1. invite your bemu-fan buddy to your home (online, too?)
2. beat him in Tekken 6
3. save replay(s)
at a later time:
4. take XMB screenshots of said replay
5. send him the screenshots e.g. via PSN mail
6. ?
7. profit

first bam
2pt189j.png

you can't touch me
1t09l0.png

final BAM!
zjwl0o.png

bonus bam
ofu4ye.png

though actually I wanted to ask if there is some way to import/use a profile/savegame for the local second player and if not, WHY THE FUCK NAMCO ISN'T?
Either use the system of LittleBigPlanet (PS3-account) or Resistance 2 (PSN-account), it's not hard eh? (to be fair, I can't think of other games using these firmware features, e.g. Borderlands would need it as well)

Ok so after a good 6-7 retrys on the 3rd level of Scenario mode, I quit. What a bunch of broken bullshit. :lol

Ok, I seem to be flying by them now thanks to picking another character..

Dai Kaiju

I'm getting really frustrated playing Dragunov. I can't get passed Master rank online because i'm always getting raped by asshole Lily players with 70% win rates.

Question though...I there a trick to escaping King's really long chain throws? I know each part of it has its own escape command, but that would imply that I should be able to break out of it at some point by mashing RP the whole time. That isn't working well.

I've been playing a lot of Tekken this week with friends and the game is really starting to grow on me. I haven't played online yet because my router is fried, but I might just go straight through the modem to get some fights in before I go buy a replacement. I've been mucking around with a bunch of different characters and I'm having fun working out my own combos. So far I'm maining Leo and Lili and I know enough shenanigans with Paul, Kazuya and Baek to have a decent showing with them. I used to play Heihachi in T5, but I haven't really gone back to him in T6 yet. The next character I want to try is Bryan, he seems to be such a tank but I've never used him in any Tekken game before.

Scenario Campaign: I actually really like this mode now and here's why... I don't play Tekken with my stick, I just have a Hori 360 stick and I can't find a single button layout I like for the game. However, I use the analog stick when I play on the controller, so every time I played SC mode, I was playing in "free movement." You can't use any directional move commands or block, so I never got why people were claiming you could do all of your normal moves. Once I figured out you can set the stick to "battle movement" I was able to start playing it legit. Then, after I did that, the "switch controls" button actually did something! Holding in LB lets you move in free movement, so now I'm having a shit load of fun with it. There are some perks to free movement, since you aren't locked on to someone in the same way as in battle movement, you can hit a lot more guys with crowd control moves... you just have to get used to only using your non-directional moves and staying out of range of attacks. Knowing when to switch is critical to playing well, but I'm sure a lot of you already knew that. A huge revelation for me though.

Also, I'd like some opinions from some of you dudes. Is Baek really just a nerfed Hwoarang? I've played Baek since T2 and was glad when he came back from his 2 game hiatus, but I've been reading at Zaibatsu that he's just a toned down Hwoarang and you need to play him that much better to stay competent with him. I haven't played Hwoarang yet, but is this more or less the truth? Should I start playing him instead?

I'm dying to get a SF4 TE stick now, I got some cash from XMas so I'm starting to shop around for deals. Playing with the controller isn't too bad, but doing Tekken's style of SRK moves is always a 50/50 affair for me. I played T5 with the stick that came with it and I could hit them all of the time, plus I was able to set up the buttons in a way that made sense to me. I think the TE stick will serve me better than the old Hori I got, I just hope it has a square gate.

Anyway, having a blast. My GT is the same name I use here, so if you see me on tonight and want some free wins, feel free to send me an invite.

GrayFoxPL

riskVSreward said:
Also, I'd like some opinions from some of you dudes. Is Baek really just a nerfed Hwoarang? I've played Baek since T2 and was glad when he came back from his 2 game hiatus, but I've been reading at Zaibatsu that he's just a toned down Hwoarang and you need to play him that much better to stay competent with him. I haven't played Hwoarang yet, but is this more or less the truth? Should I start playing him instead?

They both use taekwondo, but they're as different characters as anyone else. I thought the comparsions were put to mute back in Tag? They never played the same. Nerfed Hwoarang - wha? I know Koreans put Beak in top tier. That may be their bias, but still that's a very strong character in T6. I didn't play Hwoarang seriously since T3. I know later they added him tons of abusive shit. I always liked Beak better, kind of Tekken classic. Maybe less of a hassle to learn. But from what I've seen they changed Hwo quite a bit in T6 so I'm interested in getting back to him. As for basic Beak info I posted some few pages ago, but I'm sure you know this stuff. So, back to your question. No, they're not similar at all imo. Beak - easier to learn. Hwo - more shenanigans.. Tekken 6 has lot of balance, whoever you pick you won't be screwed.

What about Chrisie vs Eddy, how different are they? I always thought Christie was just a re-skin of Eddy, but it seems that people place Eddy above her in tier lists. :/

Also, does anyone know how many frames it takes for a throw to come out, if a standard jab is 10fps?

riskVSreward, where are you based geographically? I'm in the UK, so if you're close I might message you later.

"What about Chrisie vs Eddy, how different are they? I always thought Christie was just a re-skin of Eddy, but it seems that people place Eddy above her in tier lists. :/"

I think I read the main difference between the two is simply a matter of reach (Christie is smaller).

GrayFoxPL said:
They both use taekwondo, but they're as different characters as anyone else. I thought the comparsions were put to mute back in Tag? They never played the same. Nerfed Hwoarang - wha? I know Koreans put Beak in top tier. That may be their bias, but still that's a very strong character in T6. I didn't play Hwoarang seriously since T3. I know later they added him tons of abusive shit. I always liked Beak better, kind of Tekken classic. Maybe less of a hassle to learn. But from what I've seen they changed Hwo quite a bit in T6 so I'm interested in getting back to him. As for basic Beak info I posted some few pages ago, but I'm sure you know this stuff. So, back to your question. No, they're not similar at all imo. Beak - easier to learn. Hwo - more shenanigans.. Tekken 6 has lot of balance, whoever you pick you won't be screwed.
Good stuff, I just spent like 15 mil on a costume for him so I'm happy in hearing that. He's still a hell of a lot harder to control than say Leo and Lili, but I got kind of tired just playing those 2 chars.

I just found out there's a local tourney coming up soon but they're using a PS3. Could I use my PS2 stick on a PS3? I don't know if it has the ports or not. Either way, it's time to start practicing a single character from now until then.

Anyone have any experience training new players? I really want to train my brother in law to play better. He's played Tekken 1-3 back in the PSX days, but just got a 360 and T6 now. He lacks pretty much all of the fundamentals but he kinda takes offense when I smash him and tell him he has a lot to learn. He only really knows some tricks with Yoshi and I can tell that's not a character he should be using anyway. Last night he got a beating from two of our friends who don't even play the game so he said to me he's ready to learn :lol . I already got him using sidesteps (he was so pissed that there's no sidestep button :D) but there's still a long way to go. I figure I'll get him to settle on a main, print out some top 10's, and go from there. The problem is that he's in that scrub phase where he thinks he already knows everything because he was so good playing the CPU back in the day, he thinks he just needs more practice to catch up to me, but his form of practicing is hardly practice at all. I need a good beginners FAQ or video so I can teach him stuff in a good order. I'm thinking that; movement, spacing, safe moves, whiff punishing, would be a good first lesson before moving on to character specific things. I could come up with some drills even though the practice mode is pretty lacking.

wackojackosnose said:
riskVSreward, where are you based geographically? I'm in the UK, so if you're close I might message you later.
I'm in RI, east coast USA so I doubt we'll have a good connection. I'm still willing to try though, I'm not really playing the game seriously yet. I like playing fighters with gaffers as opposed to matchmaking, too many kids screaming obscenities and taking the whole thing way too seriously.

Teknopathetic said:
"What about Chrisie vs Eddy, how different are they? I always thought Christie was just a re-skin of Eddy, but it seems that people place Eddy above her in tier lists. :/"

I think I read the main difference between the two is simply a matter of reach (Christie is smaller).

Christie got the short end of the stick.

riskVSreward said:
I'm in RI, east coast USA so I doubt we'll have a good connection. I'm still willing to try though, I'm not really playing the game seriously yet. I like playing fighters with gaffers as opposed to matchmaking, too many kids screaming obscenities and taking the whole thing way too seriously.

OK, I'll message you later.

Oh yeah, check out the link for the basics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3DT6-oOZro

wackojackosnose said:
Ah dammit, you're on 360 riskVSreward and I'm on PSN. :(

It's like Romeo and Juliet, only with ugly people. :/

Ah well.
It's all good, most of FightGAF is on PS3s. I'll have to work with what I got. :lol

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
it's happened (the online patch)

4 bars= playable
5 bars= good.

(on PSN)

basically treat as SF4 minus one bar.

Offline is still waiting

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Master Thespian said:
Cool, thanks. I was getting worried since SoulCalibur only got the first of the promised two patches (although I know Tekken's a higher priority to Namco).

SC4 got two patches, and they actually rebalanced the game twice, just not enough.

SC4 may have been higher priority since it sold better.

fernoca

I'm trying to main Miguel...trying.. (looks nice, interesting fighting "style" or lack of it, he has my father's name..) :lol

But darn you get so little money, I didn't wanted to go online till I had Miguel shirtless, which I did yesterday :D ..lost the very first (ranked) match, then won the second. :D ..1-1!!!

arstal said:
SC4 got two patches, and they actually rebalanced the game twice, just not enough.

SC4 may have been higher priority since it sold better.
The first one was a day one patch. As for sales, the amount Namco paid for the SW license could make the sales difference moot. Nevermind the arcade sales, Tekken is Namco's fighting baby.

I'm playing Tekken right now, drunk off my nut and the game seems sooooooo fast. I just got my first luck roulette and it came with a black rage! Currently riding my roulette rush and having a blast. Over the past few days I've gone from moderate fan to true fucking believer. This game is pure sex!

DR2K

Banned
Master Thespian said:
The first one was a day one patch. As for sales, the amount Namco paid for the SW license could make the sales difference moot. Nevermind the arcade sales, Tekken is Namco's fighting baby.

The sales difference is huge between the 2.

GrayFoxPL

riskVSreward said:
I'm playing Tekken right now, drunk off my nut and the game seems sooooooo fast. I just got my first luck roulette and it came with a black rage! Currently riding my roulette rush and having a blast. Over the past few days I've gone from moderate fan to true fucking believer. This game is pure sex!

Yay! :D
Maybe you should start using Lei. His drunken master style is invincible! Plus it teaches that drinking gives health!

I still don't get roulette. Can I stop the slots manualy or not? When I get "lucky" I mash all buttons and that gives me more cross line. I dunno what I'm doing.

Screwed around with Hwoarang in practice mode yesterday. They made him really fun in T6. His kick finally have some power now. I disliked how "soft" they were in previous games.
He's ridicilously fun now.

Btw. I just noticed that Jack can fly during floor break. Happened to me online. Lols.

Top Bottom