• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
arstal said:
SC4 got two patches, and they actually rebalanced the game twice, just not enough.

SC4 may have been higher priority since it sold better
How they knew if T6 wasnt released at the time?
Dun dun duuuun ;)

Dont know anything about sales, just joking.
I think that T6:BR is Japan most popular fighting game.

GrayFoxPL said:
Yay! :D
Maybe you should start using Lei. His drunken master style is invincible! Plus it teaches that drinking gives health!

I still don't get roulette. Can I stop the slots manualy or not? When I get "lucky" I mash all buttons and that gives me more cross line. I dunno what I'm doing.

Screwed around with Hwoarang in practice mode yesterday. They made him really fun in T6. His kick finally have some power now. I disliked how "soft" they were in previous games.
He's ridicilously fun now.

Btw. I just noticed that Jack can fly during floor break. Happened to me online. Lols.

I didn't know Lei could regen, thats pretty cool. He has so many stances in this game it's almost overwhelming. I was playing with Yoshi and he has a throw that steals life from the opp. which is pretty cool, but he needs all the life he can get considering so many of his moves drain it.

I just let roulette do it's thing, I don't think hitting a button changes anything. Those rage effects are way too rare for my liking, I've got like 40 hours logged into ghost mode and last night was my first lucky ever. It just so happened I got a rush and rage effect on my first one.

I'll definitely give Hwoarang a spin, I felt the same way in 5, his kicks didn't have much power. I've been playing Baek a lot and I'm finally getting used to him, the flamingo stance is awesome as are his insane wall carries. Finishing a fight with his air throw is always fun. Seriously though, forget about the ewgf, Baek's b+1 is the godliest move in the game. :D

I almost forgot, does anyone know if there's items you can only get in SC mode? Like in VF5, you couldn't buy every item, some of the best ones were gotten randomly in quest mode. There's a lot of items already, but especially with Baek they're just a bunch of palette swaps and I'm kinda hoping there's more to it.

MMaRsu

Anybody wanna go up against my bruce? Right now? 360 version.. GT = MMaRsu NL

Send me an invite!!!

I dont like people who keep juggling like fuckers tho :p.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Got this a few days ago (PS3), completed Scenario Campaign last night. Holy crap what an unfun, monotonous piece of crap that mode is. :lol Now to work on beating Leo's stage on Hard so I can unlock the Mokujin stage and grind up some money.

Love the actual game itself, though I'm a bit pissed they took out some of the moves I used most often with Kazuya and Heihachi. Especially Heihachi's Down + Square - Forward + Triangle.

I've had this since around Christmas and no matter how hard I try, I cannot like this game. It just pisses me off, I hate everything about it. The fighting feels so slow and sluggish compared to SFIV or Dead or Alive 4 and the combos are a pain in the ass to pull off because it since I'm constantly slipping around hitting start. Throw in a shit-tacular beat em' up mode, cheap ass ground/wall juggles, and the worst end boss I've ever played (go fuck yourself Azazel!) and all that's left is a huge migraine. I can understand why some people may like the game and it's cool, but this game and me just don't click.

LowParry

riceandbeans said:
I've had this since around Christmas and no matter how hard I try, I cannot like this game. It just pisses me off, I hate everything about it. The fighting feels so slow and sluggish compared to SFIV or Dead or Alive 4 and the combos are a pain in the ass to pull off because it since I'm constantly slipping around hitting start. Throw in a shit-tacular beat em' up mode, cheap ass ground/wall juggles, and the worst end boss I've ever played (go fuck yourself Azazel!) and all that's left is a huge migraine. I can understand why some people may like the game and it's cool, but this game and me just don't click.

Wrong.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Seraphis Cain said:
Got this a few days ago (PS3), completed Scenario Campaign last night. Holy crap what an unfun, monotonous piece of crap that mode is. :lol Now to work on beating Leo's stage on Hard so I can unlock the Mokujin stage and grind up some money.

Love the actual game itself, though I'm a bit pissed they took out some of the moves I used most often with Kazuya and Heihachi. Especially Heihachi's Down + Square - Forward + Triangle.
I've given up on completing Nightmare Train and Yoshi's stage, and unlocking Mojukin's, until the online SC patch comes out. Everything else is unlocked. Except for about seven endings or so, but those unlock randomly through playing, so I'm good on that front.

zoku88

Can someone gives me tips on recovery? I seem to really suck at it and my opponents tend to deal the most damage to me when I'm down or about to get up :-/

zoku88

Teknopathetic said:
Is FMF being a jerk with Baek again?
Is it always the same people online or something?

Man, my record is really pathetic right now. Is there a good place to learn character strategies. I'm trying to get good with Leo right now >.>

Will this patch let me start as 2p in all game modes when I select to start as 2p?

It's quite an oversight when I choose to practice as 2p but am always forced to start as 1p. :/

Dizzy-4U

_dementia said:
I am total ass at this game. :(
You can do what a friend of mine does. He sucks really bad but he picks Lei and says: "Look, look what I can do!!!!" and switches the stances of the character and shouts "CRANE!!!", "DRUNKEN MASTER!!!" and we are all like :eek: :eek: :O

He becomes a God for like 10 seconds.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm pushing/bugging for another patch.

I'm sure it will happen, NBG and the TEKKEN team asked for a lot of feedback and I know they care.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
What I'd want in a patch:

Gold Rush mode from PSP version so Scenario Campaign can be junked
The ability to not people on your avoid list in ranked matches (though if the first happens I never play ranked again, I only play ranked since it's more gold)

-alternative: introduce drop %'s on the ranked screen along with the connection strength like how SF4 does it.

(yeah: droppers are a HUGE problem in Tekken compared to other fighters this gen)

Command practice list training
Reduce loading times if at all possible, especially on startup

Do all this and the game is golden.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
astral: are you talking about the loads/checks it does when you first boot it up on PS3 version?

I HATE THAT. lol.

I usually walk away or check some emails during that time.

arstal said:
-alternative: introduce drop %'s on the ranked screen along with the connection strength like how SF4 does it.

(yeah: droppers are a HUGE problem in Tekken compared to other fighters this gen)

Are people actually dropping out of games though, or is it just a shitty internet connection? I was quite disappointed to be accused of dropping games when I was not, especially while playing random non-ranked games.

MrPliskin

Banned
MarkMan said:
astral: are you talking about the loads/checks it does when you first boot it up on PS3 version?

I HATE THAT. lol.

I usually walk away or check some emails during that time.

Since you have the "power" PLEASE tell Namco to ditch the 3D Models during character selection. I don't know why they brought this over to the console version when they could have just gone with high res 2D static images that would have loaded faster (and IMO been more interesting).

I feel like so many things could have been done better with Tekken outside of the core game itself.

MrPliskin said:
Since you have the "power" PLEASE tell Namco to ditch the 3D Models during character selection. I don't know why they brought this over to the console version when they could have just gone with high res 2D static images that would have loaded faster (and IMO been more interesting).
I don't know why the hell there isn't a "quick select" option available with very minimal graphics like uh, nigh all previous Tekkens.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
MrPliskin said:

I feel like so many things could have been done better with Tekken outside of the core game itself.
If i remember correctly that feature exists on T6, check the options.

By the way, why the game ask everytime which side do i want? That should be saved on the profile.

Cruzader

Banned
MrPliskin said:

Seriously. I was glad there is an Install feature on PS3. How are the load times on 360? Anyhow for a Tekken game, its slow as balls. I was shocked at all the loading it does compared to other Tekken games. I thought something was off. Even when its installed, its not that much different.

AAK

The 3d models thing was in Tekken Tag Tournament, and it was cool back then, just takes longer to load now. And they wanted some variation so the customizations could appear. It isn't that big of a deal for me honestly since it takes 2-3 seconds (HDD installed).

But man, what is taking so long for the command capture??? Why are they wasting so many resources for the scenario campaign when every review said it sucked anyway. While they're at it I don't mind having accessibility of the costumes in 2p and slightly more improved netcode. i was expecting this upcomming patch to be all encompassing.

Even then, I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

MrPliskin

Banned
AAK said:
The 3d models thing was in Tekken Tag Tournament, and it was cool back then, just takes longer to load now. And they wanted some variation so the customizations could appear. It isn't that big of a deal for me honestly since it takes 2-3 seconds (HDD installed).

But man, what is taking so long for the command capture??? Why are they wasting so many resources for the scenario campaign when every review said it sucked anyway. While they're at it I don't mind having accessibility of the costumes in 2p and slightly more improved netcode. i was expecting this upcomming patch to be all encompassing.

Even then, I'm having a lot of fun with this game.

Well, in defense of Namco, they were working on Online Co-op before the game even released (in particular I remember Markman talking about it coming to both systems just before it released).

I don't think they were wasting resources, it's just that they had already initiated work on it, and to just abandon it would have been silly. I'm sure we'll see some patches in the future to address other issues.

That said, 3D Models was cool in Tekken Tag, but it also wasn't nearly as bad and was considerably more polished. Also, IIRC, Tekken Tag had 2D Images during the pre-fight VS Screen, and it seems like the mistake here was rendering a 3D and then loading everything else. They should just do a 2D image with the models loaded (because they will eventually) to help reduce load times. I'm sure there are a lot of things they could optimize to improve load times, it just seems like the team must have been stretched thin.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
_dementia said:
I don't know why the hell there isn't a "quick select" option available with very minimal graphics like uh, nigh all previous Tekkens.

Wait did I miss something? Is this a joke? There is a quick select option. It was the very first thing I turned on. :|

My main playing partner is my wife and it's pretty fucking stupid that she can't have access to her own customized characters. And when I have get togethers, it's even more ridiculous when EVERYONE on the left side is stuck with my PSN name. It's like this gen forgot about local co-op/multiplayer. What the FUCK!

Namco, please let offline VS just show character names. Thanks. Or just add a ranked/non-ranked offline mode feature where other players can log in on their own accounts or a "guest" account.

New patch is out (~16mb, 1.03).

Scenario Campaign is still shit.

+ fixed 2p selection so that you can start Arcade and Ghost mode on 2p side
- 2p selection doesn't work for practice mode (default to 1p side)
- practice mode still doesn't hold command list like Tekken 5 psp
- other off line player still can't choose custom costumes
- Scenario Campaign is still shit

zooL

wackojackosnose said:

Button configurations for player 2 are STILL NOT SAVED. What the fuck Namco?

zoku88

wackojackosnose said:

Hold command list? Isn't displaying the commands an option? I have mine turned on.

zoku88 said:
Hold command list? Isn't displaying the commands an option? I have mine turned on.
In T5 the command list would be stickied on screen and then you could hit down on the nub to scroll through the move list instantly, as opposed to T6's laborious pause the game, enter the menu, then cycle through the command list.

zoku88

wackojackosnose said:
In T5 the command list would be stickied on screen and then you could hit down on the nub to scroll through the move list instantly, as opposed to T6's laborious pause the game, enter the menu, then cycle through the command list.
Oooh, ok.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Played vs mode with some friends for about 10 hours tonight.

Fun times.

I'm bossin' with Bob/Eddy all the way now!

jufonuk

not tag worthy
http://kotaku.com/5450692/tekken-voice-actor-dead-police-investigating-suicide

Tekken Voice Actor dead

Daisuke Gouri passed away this past Sunday at around 3:00 pm in Tokyo after being discovered wandering the streets in Nakano ward, blood dripping from his arm, before collapsing face-down. He was 57 years old.

....Gouri also voiced Bass Armstrong in the Dead or Alive series, Mister Hercule Satan in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai and Heihachi Mishima in the Tekken games...

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I think I'm finally starting to get this game a bti, played online, was able to get 15 win streaks twice, and with plenty of solid to good players mixed in.

That said, on the console port- Namco really did a lot of things wrong.

Hopefully, Namco can somehow listen to us when they do their next fighter. We're probably going to have to hammer on them early.

It's too bad someone can't get some top players together and do a "consistutional convention" to figure out what that is.

Top Bottom