• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
ChackanKun said:
Damnit, been "unable to connect to PSN Network" for the past 24 hours :S

Is it happening with anyone else?

I've been fine. My biggest problem is that I can't beat good players. They don't attack enough.

This game had a really rough start on console, but I'm starting to appreciate it more now. I can see why this game did well in Japan, and replaced VF a bit. It's an easier game to get into, and is reasonably well-balanced and has depth to it.

arstal said:
I've been fine. My biggest problem is that I can't beat good players. They don't attack enough.

This game had a really rough start on console, but I'm starting to appreciate it more now. I can see why this game did well in Japan, and replaced VF a bit. It's an easier game to get into, and is reasonably well-balanced and has depth to it.

I think t6 is deeper than vf5. You just press way more buttons in vf (like buffering in 3 throws everytime you block or sidestep), but the actual decision making process isn't that complex.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
FindMyFarms said:
I think t6 is deeper than vf5. You just press way more buttons in vf (like buffering in 3 throws everytime you block or sidestep), but the actual decision making process isn't that complex.

I think it's where Tekken 6 gives more ways/tools to effectively abare, yet abare-ing isn't always the best tactic.

I agree on the excess button pressing hurting VF though.

Sora_N

I just hopped on to play for 30 min...but man, I got owned left and right. There was this one Lili player that kept doing the same moves over and over....extremely annoying.

I don't think it helps that I was up studying all night last night, and only slept for 3 hours though.

I haven't really played Tekken since Tekken 3, played a bit of the PSP one though. I'm sorta using Jin right now, but getting creamed easily. I might have to try someone else. :lol

AAK

Lili is by far the easiest character to start out with and she is really powerful.

But if you haven't played Tekken in a while.... All I can do is redirect you here. And that will get you all the basics!

Sora_N

AAK said:
Lili is by far the easiest character to start out with and she is really powerful.

But if you haven't played Tekken in a while.... All I can do is redirect you here. And that will get you all the basics!

Wow thanks, that definitely helps more than reading about it on forums. Just hard to get into games like that I find. :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AAK said:

What does Lili have trouble with, Lili and Law seem to be the two chars that give me the most trouble that I can tell it's the character and not the player.

Sweet, Tekken 6 will be this years WCG fighting game :D
(im the referee in Finland qualifications)

And is that iPhone version of Tekken the big announcement? :D no way...

Kolgar

I'm trying to get my friends to pick up this game.

Does Tekken 6 support private "rooms" ala Soul Calibur 4? Can I invite some buddies and play with them, chatting and spectating when it's not my turn?

Lince

Banned
so I picked the PSP version today for 9 euros, nice game, Leo has some easy and brutal combos! I might get the PS3 version down the road.

Anso

For some unknown reason I've neglected Tekken 6 since a few weeks after release. How's the online environment on 360 nowadays?

weepy

I finally got this bitch! I've been broke since the game came out and I wasn't able to afford an xbox/ps3 and the game until now :lol

I got the xbox version (unfortunately
and I should have known already
the game sold more on the ps3 and it's quite possible that the competition is plentiful on the psn side) but still, I'm grateful with my recent purchase and now I'm ready to play!

My gamertag is Wynn Moore if anyone is interested in trading and I look forward to some online battles.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
twinturbo2 said:
I got bored today, so I decided to try my hand at Twitter roleplaying.

http://twitter.com/jun_kazama

MarkMan, if you're wondering why Jun showed up in your followers list, that's me.

Ahh!

Cool!

haha, I was wondering who that was!

Also if you guys haven't been keepin up with TEKKEN news!

Di, our newest site staff member has been doing a tremendous job with TEKKEN related updates.

http://sdtekken.com !

AAK

Seriously MarkMan, your website has been on a role with all these awesome updates! Mad thanks to you and Di and everyone else contributing!

weepy

I'm currently maining AK and I was wondering what can I do against jab-happy opponents (Anna, Nina, Steve, etc.)? It seems like every time I try to avoid their attacks or counter they always beat me to the punch (pun intended). Any suggestions?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
sidestep and backdash

AK has a lot of tools...

Also use d/b+3 if you KNOW they will jab at you... free juggle on CH.

If you want to be more conservative use generic lows.

weepy

MarkMan said:
sidestep and backdash

AK has a lot of tools...

Also use d/b+3 if you KNOW they will jab at you... free juggle on CH.

If you want to be more conservative use generic lows.

Thanks, MarkMan! I'll need to practice on my stepping and backdashing (playing with the 360 controller, so it's a bit tricky) but I'll see what I could do. Also, I heard you bought the xbox version too, would love to get your gamertag if you ever play online.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
RelentlessRolento said:
Waiting for my PS3 to get replaced and sent back to me... I'll then be able to go from PSP to console finally.

How long has it been now?

Lyte Edge said:
How long has it been now?

:lol over 6 months almost 7 >_<

I had it sent in to get replaced last week though so I should be good in the coming week or so.

I finally had enough bank due to a big paycheck and less bills for the month so I took advantage of it and ordered my replacement. Going 60gb to slim.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
weepy said:
Thanks, MarkMan! I'll need to practice on my stepping and backdashing (playing with the 360 controller, so it's a bit tricky) but I'll see what I could do. Also, I heard you bought the xbox version too, would love to get your gamertag if you ever play online.

I never play online for fun, but my GT for both PSN and 360 is MarkManSDT! If anyone adds me make sure you leave me a note that you're from GAF!

I'll play if enough GAF gets on ;)

weepy

To any Tekken heads that play as King or AK, how do you do iSW(sp?) or instant shining wizard and/or what's the easiest way to learn? I've always wanted to incorporate this into my combos but I just can't seem to pull it off in time.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I played Super SFIV probably more than most on here... and even after that. I still love TEKKEN 6 <3 more!

Top Bottom