• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

So, uh...what was the update after the co-op scenario campaign? I popped in the game yesterday and got an update and have no idea what it was for.

they're practically identical visually
if you remove motion blur, X360 runs in a higher resolution
360 version has much better load times though.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
_dementia said:
they're practically identical visually
if you remove motion blur, X360 runs in a higher resolution
360 version has much better load times though.

Sans motion blur, the 360 has a higher resolution, but the ps3 has more AA to make up for it.
Load times are basically equal if the ps3 version is installed (and it should be).

luka said:
Sans motion blur, the 360 has a higher resolution, but the ps3 has more AA to make up for it.
Load times are basically equal if the ps3 version is installed (and it should be).
you can install on 360 and it'll load noticeably faster than PS3 with install

I can't read the link, but I have the game installed on PS3 and only played the 360 version for the first time recently.
All load times seemed faster, from booting the game to getting into a match
nothing quantitative, I guess my mind remarking how the grass is greener on the other side

hteng

Banned
why is Lars consider top tier? he's so difficult to use, i've been playin ONLY him for the last 200 hours and i still get my ass handed to me by other characters

weepy

hteng said:
why is Lars consider top tier? he's so difficult to use, i've been playin ONLY him for the last 200 hours and i still get my ass handed to me by other characters

It's funny because I see like hundreds of Lars players online and they all range from annoying to damn near impossible to beat. I heard he's one of if not the easiest new character to learn.

weepy said:
It's funny because I see like hundreds of Lars players online and they all range from annoying to damn near impossible to beat. I heard he's one of if not the easiest new character to learn.

yeah, he's hard for me because he's so easy :lol

but yeah he's masher friendly as well.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
WTF, I just got this game and ranking is putting me against people with like 700+ wins. What kind of shitty balance is that?

Caj814 said:
It's been awhile since the game was released but does anyone got a feeling all of the free DLC they were planning got canceled due to low sales?:lol

Just curious because I've heard this before, but how bad were the sales of Tekken 6?

Hey! LTTP here. Need help!

I just borrowed it from a friend. But i cant install the game, it says that i need 11 MB blalbalba. I checked system information i have 48 GB free. Anyone have a clue? European game, US PS3 btw.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sp3eD said:
WTF, I just got this game and ranking is putting me against people with like 700+ wins. What kind of shitty balance is that?

Yeah, it's messed up. You'll either get people who are far above or below your level. I've given up on ranking and just play player matches from time to time. Haven't really touched Tekken in a while though.

thelastword

Banned
I just played Tekken 6 today; months since I platinumned it. I had to patch it to 1.03 though, don't know what that patch did, but online play appears improved from the last time I played. I seem to find opponents much quicker now in both player and ranked matches.

AAK

Damn, DJKor ripped Holeman 5-1 in the grand finals of MLG! So kick ass. JustFrameJames vs. Suiken was the most entertaining match by far though.

Congrats to KOR, Crow, and Holeman.

MLG was a success! I hope they continue every year.

As for alexthekid, I"m not sure what the problem is... I've never had that problem before. Did you try other games and see if it worked out in installing them?

Damn just had to post for my tx boys repping and gettin 1st/3rd. Doin it big!

Glad to hear the event was ran well. Heard some things about weird formatting rules though?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
FindMyFarms said:
Damn just had to post for my tx boys repping and gettin 1st/3rd. Doin it big!

Glad to hear the event was ran well. Heard some things about weird formatting rules though?

Nah, those are MLG rules (continuation rule) where previous scores/tallies carry over if players meet again in losers/grand finals.

alexthekid said:
Hey! LTTP here. Need help!

I just borrowed it from a friend. But i cant install the game, it says that i need 11 MB blalbalba. I checked system information i have 48 GB free. Anyone have a clue? European game, US PS3 btw.
Im sorry but i have to ask again before i return it. Have anyone here imported a european game with a US console?

Im stupid i would anyone do that:(

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
alexthekid said:
Im sorry but i have to ask again before i return it. Have anyone here imported a european game with a US console?

Im stupid i would anyone do that:(

I imported Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty from the UK to play on my US console because I wanted the game on disk and it was released on a disk in the UK. The game worked fine.

Baron Aloha said:
I imported Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty from the UK to play on my US console because I wanted the game on disk and it was released on a disk in the UK. The game worked fine.
I worded it badly, i meant a european Tekken. All my other games are euro, but thanks anyway.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Spent a couple hours playing this today for the first time in a long while. Still fun as hell but good god I suck. Overall I got demoted down from 4th Dan to 1st, then fought my way back to 2nd before giving in for the night. My poor ego. :(

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I decided make this the first game I platinum, seeing as how I already had like 80% of the trophies. Now I only have one left: the goddamn Nancy bonus round.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU

AAK

luka said:
I decided make this the first game I platinum, seeing as how I already had like 80% of the trophies. Now I only have one left: the goddamn Nancy bonus round.

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU

watch

I'd say going through scenario mode to get that S item much more tedious. Didn't bother.

EDIT: And the Korean takes first again.

luka said:
Yay platinum trophy. Now I can get back to enjoying the game.
¬_¬
At least you got it. I just need the 1 rank win, and I'm getting my ass handed to me. Damnnnnn...... Almost felt like throwing my joystick against the wall. :( Alright, got my platinum!! I can finally sleep now.

AAK

So a minor happening. On Tekkenzaibatsu, USA's top Lei player Suiken posted an interesting messege about a week ago:

hey man you guys beat me to the punch but...word on the street is that there a new version of t6 coming out....some what like how sf4 has ssf4...so stay tune..

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=117664

Take this for whatever it is, but Namco promised to release free dlc after the release where so far, they only released the online patch, scenario mode co op, and online mokujin bug fix. Maybe we'll see something in E3 maybe? If only Markman can spill his beans.

Oh yeah, I can still find matches pretty frequently on PS3 but I want to curse my connection because I really can't do anything against spammers unless I spam myself. Sticking with local vs.

In other news, you guys should really check this match out. 5:50 onwards

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AAK said:
I literally screamed out loud! WOW that was amazing!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
AAK said:
So a minor happening. On Tekkenzaibatsu, USA's top Lei player Suiken posted an interesting messege about a week ago:

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=117664

Take this for whatever it is, but Namco promised to release free dlc after the release where so far, they only released the online patch, scenario mode co op, and online mokujin bug fix. Maybe we'll see something in E3 maybe? If only Markman can spill his beans.

Oh yeah, I can still find matches pretty frequently on PS3 but I want to curse my connection because I really can't do anything against spammers unless I spam myself. Sticking with local vs.

That would be fantastic if true. Assuming they're talking about a new console version here, I'd hope for improved load times, more robust online (endless battle?), seperate ranks/stats for online/offline (let my offline profiles move past 1st dan damnit!), maybe multiple profiles for local vs. with customizations for both characters. Throw in a couple more stages and maybe even a new character or two and I'd buy it for a high fair price!

It'll do to tide me over while they work on TTT2. *nudge nudge*

Madness. Eddie's crazy legs.. :lol

luka said:
That would be fantastic if true. Assuming they're talking about a new console version here, I'd hope for improved load times, more robust online (endless battle?), seperate ranks/stats for online/offline (let my offline profiles move past 1st dan damnit!), maybe multiple profiles for local vs. with customizations for both characters. Throw in a couple more stages and maybe even a new character or two and I'd buy it for a high fair price!

It'll do to tide me over while they work on TTT2. *nudge nudge*

Madness. Eddie's crazy legs.. :lol

0_0

oh shit!

If there's a T6 that's like SSIV I'll be happy as fuck. Give me better gold payout and faster loading and you can call me happy. Please namco!!!!

First thing I did when I got this game was rip through campaign.
It's a terrible beatemup but man that phat loot kept me coming back.

Then I went online and got destroyed. Getting that one ranked match win is going to be fun =(

I think I'll just work on picking outfits out so I can look stylish when I lose.

Top Bottom