• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

GrayFoxPL

Just watched Fighting GM vs Mr. Naps money blood match. Shit was so intense I thought I gonna have to bust a nut to relieve the stress!

Fighing GM didn't get much support thou, that sucked.

I'll be watching the recorded stream over the week.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
RelentlessRolento said:
I'm still playing this on my PSP since my PS3 died... i really hope to get my PS3 fixed soon so I can hop back online :(

Wow, I just happened to play my PSP version today too.

Bored in bed.

lol.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I play the PSP version the most. Haven't really touched Tekken in a while though. Nobody on my friends list is ever playing it. :/

Although when it comes to fighting games, everyone has dropped pretty much everything else and just sticks with Street Fighter IV...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Still playing the PS3-version 20-30 hours/week with my cousin :lol Remains my best fighter of all time.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Started playing again. Playing better players actually made me lose motivation to play online, as the lvl of play is so different.

Online, I can be aggressive and attack, and it works
Offline- nope. Poked to death.

Sora_N

This might be a stupid question but I had this game since December. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it so I kept it, but when I sort of wanted to return it, the return period was over so I kept it. Thought about trading it in but I get a few dollars value less back than what I paid (I paid $30 CAD + tax) at EB so I just left it lying around for 2 more months. I had no luck selling it for the price I paid at all too...

Should I just open the game and try it out? I heard a lot of bad things about the PS3 version like how it doesn't look that great and such, but if I don't open it and just trade it in to lose money, seems like a waste. I'm not sure if it's worth keeping since I have only a few friends with PS3s, no one's really interested in Tekken (so no one to play/practice with really).

tl;dr : Is this game worth playing if I can only play by myself and/or online? Worth giving a shot?

Sorry for noob questions.

Caj814

It's been awhile since the game was released but does anyone got a feeling all of the free DLC they were planning got canceled due to low sales?:lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sora_N said:
I heard a lot of bad things about the PS3 version like how it doesn't look that great and such,
Uh, it looks great and plays flawlessly.

Sora_N said:
This might be a stupid question but I had this game since December. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it so I kept it, but when I sort of wanted to return it, the return period was over so I kept it. Thought about trading it in but I get a few dollars value less back than what I paid (I paid $30 CAD + tax) at EB so I just left it lying around for 2 more months. I had no luck selling it for the price I paid at all too...

Should I just open the game and try it out? I heard a lot of bad things about the PS3 version like how it doesn't look that great and such, but if I don't open it and just trade it in to lose money, seems like a waste. I'm not sure if it's worth keeping since I have only a few friends with PS3s, no one's really interested in Tekken (so no one to play/practice with really).

tl;dr : Is this game worth playing if I can only play by myself and/or online? Worth giving a shot?

Sorry for noob questions.

Tekken 6 was the first game that I traded in in over a decade. Take what you will from that.

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:

Hope to see some good Hwoarangs and Jins. This will be aired right?

Btw. On SD TEKKEN it's written: "HUGE announcement. HUGE>>>>>Major. :lol
Anything other then new game in the series (Tekken Tag 2, Tekken 0) won't be huge enough for me.
I have a feeling it's something to do with the movie that will be released at the same time.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GrayFoxPL said:
Hope to see some good Hwoarangs and Jins. This will be aired right?

Btw. On SD TEKKEN it's written: "HUGE announcement. HUGE>>>>>Major. :lol
Anything other then new game in the series (Tekken Tag 2, Tekken 0) won't be huge enough for me.
I have a feeling it's something to do with the movie that will be released at the same time.

Tekken vs VF. Soul Calibur 5? Those would be big announcements that aren't Tekken 7.

I can't see another Tekken for a bit longer.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
The promised FREE DLC content we never got?

Seriously, we got 1 damn outfit, which is lame. (no offense to Penny Arcade)

Did Namco backoff from what they said now?:lol

GrayFoxPL

arstal said:
Tekken vs VF. Soul Calibur 5? Those would be big announcements that aren't Tekken 7.

I can't see another Tekken for a bit longer.

Misunderstanding, I think. I mean Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 0 would be huge for me. Anything other, like dlc with costumes from movie, not.

-DarKaoZ- said:
The promised FREE DLC content we never got?

Seriously, we got 1 damn outfit, which is lame. (no offense to Penny Arcade)

Did Namco backoff from what they said now?:lol

I think you guys mixed up something. All dlc they promised was the online patch and online co - op. And that they delivered.

I remember very clearly that in interview they said they have no plans for dlc, and if they did they would want it to be free.

I think many people today automaticaly imagine dlc promises from devs.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Caj814 said:
I say early next year during AOU 2k11.

I'm thinking that will be Soul Cal 5 instead.

I'm thinking post- SSFIV the big annouces will be

SC5
VF:FS
Darkstalkers or Super Street Mistake Fixer Turbo.
then Tekken Tag 2

I don't think the DLC was cancelled, they probably budgeted for it, and well, it could cut their losses (or they could patch it to arcade)

Why are people wondering about Tekken Tag 2? Wasn't the first one just made to be ready for the PS2 launch? They could've included Tag in Tekken 6.

Actually they should have, Tag battles are awesome.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MarkMan said:
It is too early to announce a new game, IMO.

But the announcement will be big nonetheless.

Tekken 6 first came out at the end of 2007. It's not too early at all.

GrayFoxPL

BeeDog said:
Any suggestions on how to beat Nightmare Train? I'm crying blood because of that stage.

Did you upgrade Alisa and yourself?

Don't leave her at first, if she dies, you'll die. After initial waves got beat Devil Jin comes. Then go for chicken and gatling gun. Try to throw Devil Jin from the train. If gun doesn't work then juggle him off. Position yourself to the side and use some launcher.

Yoshichan

BeeDog said:
Any suggestions on how to beat Nightmare Train? I'm crying blood because of that stage.
Upgrading Alisa is the best thing you could do. She'll act as a tank, get lots of hp.

BeeDog

Thanks guys, I have changed some of her clothes, but perhaps she's not good enough yet. Do you have rough estimates on what the stats should be on the equipped items? If possible, some rough numbers for:

- ____ additional HP
- ____ attack increase
- ____ defense

Or whatever might be relevant. :D

simtmb

ChackanKun said:
Damnit, been "unable to connect to PSN Network" for the past 24 hours :S

Is it happening with anyone else?

Last night i kept timing out of PSN whenever i played Socom :lol

But i have another issue altogether with Tekken 6 online. Just changed my current Internet plan, down from a 8mbps ADSL1 plan (synced at 2564/384) to a unlimited 1.5mpbs plan and what do you know, i can't play online anymore despite my pings being 20ms and below within Australia.

Just a lag-fest now, even with friends a couple of streets away ffs that used to run full green, this sucks hard considering most of my game time was T6 online. In AUS by the way.

No problem with any other game and fighter, including T5DR.

:( God dammit.

Yeah, I upgraded from 20mbs to 50mbs fiber and since two days ago I'm having this issue. Played BF1943 with no problems, although it did take a while to connect.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm going to Japan next week...

Saturday is God's Garden II, Japan's biggest console Street Fighter IV event. Most of the top players will be there, looking forward to it! Gonna bring a bunch of arcade sticks to support the event!

Sunday is the TEKKEN 6 Global Championships FINAL! Hori will have a booth there and I should get some hands on time with their RAP Premium VLX (Vewlix) series. Can't wait to check it out! ALSO, the TEKKEN related announcement is probably not going to happen til' a bit later. Won't be next weekend unfortunately ;(

Both events will have live streams!

FIGHTING GAME WEEKEND CONFIRMED!

Going to give KAYOpolice my fightstick <3

noisome07

Banned
MarkMan said:
I'm going to Japan next week...

Saturday is God's Garden II, Japan's biggest console Street Fighter IV event. Most of the top players will be there, looking forward to it! Gonna bring a bunch of arcade sticks to support the event!

Sunday is the TEKKEN 6 Global Championships FINAL! Hori will have a booth there and I should get some hands on time with their RAP Premium VLX (Vewlix) series. Can't wait to check it out! ALSO, the TEKKEN related announcement is probably not going to happen til' a bit later. Won't be next weekend unfortunately ;(

Both events will have live streams!

FIGHTING GAME WEEKEND CONFIRMED!

Going to give KAYOpolice my fightstick <3

But what about tomorrow?!

Top Bottom