• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

AAK

Yeah, I still play regularly. But I just moved apartments and I'm right now using the PS3's wifi... so I'm getting too much lag for comfort. Just waiting to settle and then i'll get a big cable to connect to my modem.

I play my PSP version pretty much every day since I'm on the public transit all the time, but when I'm home I usually play SSFIV. I want to get back into it on my home consoles but the load times kinda kill it for me compared to the PSP version.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So when can I officially say that T6 is the best game ever made?

Just had 400+ battles with my friends this weekend, amazing fun. Best thing ever, seriously.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yoshichan said:
So when can I officially say that T6 is the best game ever made?

Just had 400+ battles with my friends this weekend, amazing fun. Best thing ever, seriously.

Tell me about it. Tekken may be pretty boring to watch on a tournament level, but it's probably the most addicting fighter I've ever played. It's got more of that "just one more match!" quality than anything else. :D

I just wish I had a friend that would play 400 matches in a row with me. :|

haunts

Bacon of Hope
yea guys Tekken is so much fun but dont say it too loud or the SF fans might hear u.

anyone watch the MLG stream? knee was disgusting in team GF -- made it look super free.

i uploaded a bunch of videos of Tekken 6 from Super NCR too, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/user/iplaywinner

there is even a FT5 between naps and knee

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
haunts said:
i uploaded a bunch of videos of Tekken 6 from Super NCR too, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/user/iplaywinner

there is even a FT5 between naps and knee
Good videos man.
RelentlessRolento said:
In the same boat. :(
I knew this day would happen! This is why I started doing Tekken 3 sessions back in the day, so that they'd never forget about Tekken :lol

I have not played since norcal strong style but I am going to evo. Game is good but online is shitty, competition is hours away and there's been too many single player games this year.

Yoshichan said:
Good videos man.

I knew this day would happen! This is why I started doing Tekken 3 sessions back in the day, so that they'd never forget about Tekken :lol

Well technically I do know where a crew does play, its just that its a large trek to get there so I'd have to set aside a day, and that cuts into my iphone work time which then cuts into my budget >_<

on a side note, last night I got my Heihachi to Tekken God finally on my PSP... I think so far that makes all my Tekken God characters Bryan, Dragunov, Heihachi, Kazuya, Jack6, Paul, and maybe one more... >_<

I still wanna sit down and play a good Lars.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
luka said:
Tell me about it. Tekken may be pretty boring to watch on a tournament level, but it's probably the most addicting fighter I've ever played. It's got more of that "just one more match!" quality than anything else. :D

I just wish I had a friend that would play 400 matches in a row with me. :|

Are you crazy? It's so exciting to watch!

Watch this MLG recap and watch a SUPER SFIV recent final, tell me that it's boring.

http://sdtekken.com/2010/06/16/mlg-columbus-recap-and-rebroadcast/

Hey guy's I'm a loooong time Street fighter player who just got my first ever Tekken game today because alot of my friends play it and was wondering if anyone could guide me on where to find out the basics of the game.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Solid_Rain said:
Hey guy's I'm a loooong time Street fighter player who just got my first ever Tekken game today because alot of my friends play it and was wondering if anyone could guide me on where to find out the basics of the game.
I came to this thread to post the same thing but it looks pretty much dead o_O

Just got Tekken 6 from goozex and was looking for a 'Tekken 6 for SF4 Players' kinda guide

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3DT6-oOZro is an alright guide, kinda long but there is a lot I don't know

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
bistromathics said:
I came to this thread to post the same thing but it looks pretty much dead o_O

Just got Tekken 6 from goozex and was looking for a 'Tekken 6 for SF4 Players' kinda guide

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3DT6-oOZro is an alright guide, kinda long but there is a lot I don't know

That's the best kind of guide you're going to get if you plan on learning the game competitively.

Try not to compare SF and TEKKEN with your mindset. That never ends well.

Yoshichan

Spacing with juggles (learning when the enemy is going to hit the wall) is important too.

AAK

Of course you're right, but someone with better combo execution vs someone with better spacing .... the match will be favored to the one that can backdash and sidestep into punishment. I personally feel new players should start concentrating on movement rather than juggles. But that's just me :D

AAK said:
Of course you're right, but someone with better combo execution vs someone with better spacing .... the match will be favored to the one that can backdash and sidestep into punishment. I personally feel new players should start concentrating on movement rather than juggles. But that's just me :D
it's not just you, lots of people agree with that

luka

Loves Robotech S1
MarkMan said:
Are you crazy? It's so exciting to watch!

Watch this MLG recap and watch a SUPER SFIV recent final, tell me that it's boring.

http://sdtekken.com/2010/06/16/mlg-columbus-recap-and-rebroadcast/

Y..yeah.. I didn't quite mean it like that. Poor word choice. I find it a lot more interesting than a lot of fighters, but for some reason street fighter has always done more for me as a spectator sport. I always find it annoying when people bitch endlessly whenever tekken comes up before street fighter in tournaments because it's still awesomely entertaining.

late response lol

Yoshichan

My god, was playing some T6 just now and as I'm maining Lee, I can't believe I never knew about the d+f 232 juggle... it does INSANE damage and you can combo it with 12 [mist], 12 [mist], f+43 [bounce], ff+3 which will do a total of 95 damage (yes, more than half enemies health with 100%) and it's piss easy to do. Not safe on block but whatever.

I did it on my cousin twice in a round and got a perfect :lol This is what Lee needed, a good damaging juggle! Fuck yes.

GrayFoxPL

Yoshichan said:
My god, was playing some T6 just now and as I'm maining Lee, I can't believe I never knew about the d+f 232 juggle... it does INSANE damage and you can combo it with 12 [mist], 12 [mist], f+43 [bounce], ff+3 which will do a total of 95 damage (yes, more than half enemies health with 100%) and it's piss easy to do. Not safe on block but whatever.

I did it on my cousin twice in a round and got a perfect :lol This is what Lee needed, a good damaging juggle! Fuck yes.

You mean df+3,2,3. Sorry, this doesn't combo. Last hit that launches is blockable even if first and second hits. Your cousin just wasn't blocking. It goes in full only on the side or on the back it's also Lee's best ender after bound.

Sorry I'm not posting more, I am playing Tekken like always since T2, but not like there's any hot conversation in the topic. :lol

Yoshichan

GrayFoxPL said:
You mean df+3,2,3. Sorry, this doesn't combo. Last hit that launches is blockable even if first and second hits. Your cousin just wasn't blocking. It goes in full only on the side or on the back it's also Lee's best ender after bound.

Sorry I'm not posting more, I am playing Tekken like always since T2, but not like there's any hot conversation in the topic. :lol
Wow, that really is fucked up. God damn it, and I got so happy with it. Oh well, so much for 95 damage.

Yoshichan

Such a laggy stream ;_;!

Yoshichan

luka said:
Yeah it's brutal. Only like 5 viewing too. :p
Justin.tv normally works good for me too...

vocab

I really need to get around to purchasing this game. Haven't played Tekken since like 4. How's the online these days? Still healthy on PS3?

Yoshichan

vocab said:
I really need to get around to purchasing this game. Haven't played Tekken since like 4. How's the online these days? Still healthy on PS3?
I haven't played online in about a month but I remember it being excellent (after the patch, of course).

luka

Loves Robotech S1
This gives me a hankering to play again. Tomorrow I think I'll pop it in and see how much of Lili's game I remember. :D

Maybe I'll start learning a new character. Kuma maybe. You don't see enough Kuma. :p

luka

Loves Robotech S1
RelentlessRolento said:
Got back to playing this last night... for some reason I can tollerate the loading now a bit more.

Because the hyperbole has subsided and it's actually not that bad. It's pretty much exactly the same as SSF4 as far as I can tell (given both games are installed).

Its funny. I haven't played in a few months and it was really kind of awkward picking it up again, but after a few matches all of my old combos came flooding back. It's a nice feeling. :D

luka said:
Because the hyperbole has subsided and it's actually not that bad. It's pretty much exactly the same as SSF4 as far as I can tell (given both games are installed).

Its funny. I haven't played in a few months and it was really kind of awkward picking it up again, but after a few matches all of my old combos came flooding back. It's a nice feeling. :D

I regularly played the PSP version in the last few months but not the home version. it's nice to be back.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I played this for a bit a few days ago. There was a noticeable drop in the amount of people playing online. :/

carlosp

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
I played this for a bit a few days ago. There was a noticeable drop in the amount of people playing online. :/

Well i went back to Tekken PSN version. The gameplay is just so much better and so much more fun. If they had a working online version, it would have been a blast.

GrayFoxPL

MarkMan said:
I got this statue at Comic-Con.

It's not the regular mass production version, it's one of the 3 prototypes that were made.

http://i30.tinypic.com/5laz5h.jpg << huge resolution, check out the detail on it!

Also got to hang out with Harada-san a bunch, that was fun. ;)

Fucking mindblowing!

MarkMan said:
INTERVIEW: Katsuhiro Harada And Michael Murray On STREET FIGHTER x TEKKEN And Beyond!

We had the honor of interviewing both Katsuhiro Harada and Michael Murray from the TEKKEN PROJECT at the recent Comic-Con in San Diego! We chat about the big unveil of Street Fighter X TEKKEN, working with the community, and what’s next for the TEKKEN series!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Recin7tersM

Great interview MM. You should do this for a living.

Surprised by the end statement from Murray. Good to hear they're listening. I must be honest and say it's the first time I heard of Michael Murray from Tekken. Is he new here?

I've been reading Haradas twitter for few days. People get on it, he's very talkable.

http://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN

Small megaton I fished out:

"I did'nt say "TK7 is being developed", I said "The next TK project started". (Interview in Spain&#65289;. and SFxTK(TKxSF) is way off."

"and don't worry. i have more TK project info in this summer-autumn. plz wait..."

Could this mean my wish of Tekken 0 could be granted?

Btw. Harada and Ono are twitting each other all the time. Look what they're sending.

http://p.twipple.jp/CYpPA

:lol

Can someone translate?

I can only imagine why Ono sent Harada a picture of a hot babe after he wrote Ono to go home and be family man. :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
carlosp said:
Well i went back to Tekken PSN version. The gameplay is just so much better and so much more fun. If they had a working online version, it would have been a blast.

What's better about the game play in Tekken 5DR versus Tekken 6? Tekken 6 felt like they just took the game and made it better.

With patches, the online play is fine in TK6. The game just didn't seem to be that popular on home consoles and the initial online play turned a lot of people off.

AAK

Yeah, it does take relatively longer to find matches for me as well, but it just sucks finding a good connection since the scene in Canada is pretty weak (especially Ottawa).

JEKKI

so I spend mine work week listening to sum podcasts as usual, and apparently there's this new Street Fighter vs Tekken game coming out?!?1

that shyt is crazy!!

but got dang tho... it's amazing how down on Tekken everybody is. Like... universally nobody seems to appreciate this series at all.

Either their opinion is a very audible sense of underwhelment/unappreciation,

or it's a downright irrational disdain for the series.

o_O

Top Bottom