• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

LiveFromKyoto said:
I think you've really got an incorrect view of this game. It's got a higher barrier to reach competency than most fighters do because of the movelist, and it's got tons and tons of possibilities fir juggles (since they're not canned), many of which have brutal timing windows of only a few frames. So we definitely haven't all "done that juggle." Many of them only a small % of players will ever be able to work into their game.

The mistake you're making is that you're looking at its vast movelist which makes almost any input into a move, and assuming that makes it scrub friendly. But in fact it has an incredibly steep curve because of that, and because of all the various gameplay options. memorizing a single character's moves and their properties, and knowing how to read other players' moves takes a mountain of time & dedication.

I love SF IV, and I respect the talent it takes to master (talent I haven't got), but in terms of sheer complexity, T6 is a deeper game, and I'm not just talking about moves of # of combos. There are more variables at play in any given moment, due to the multiple attack heights, 3D movement, multiple okizeme options etc.

Eh, I was sort of over what I bitched about last night and explained the reason I was that way (a specific elitist on another forum). I know very well how deep Tekken can be.. I'll never play it that way though. I also don't have fun watching it that way. Despite the skill and timing (which I've commended and you didn't notice) it takes to pull off some of the combos doesn't make them (the combos) good/fun. It's definitely fun performing them in practice mode or when you're showing off but it doesn't make for interesting matches in my opinion. Someone mentioned it was the reward for catching the other player off guard but shouldn't that person be rewarded if they can correctly defend that combo, too? I just don't want Tekken's evolution to rest solely on how long the juggles become. What's next: Bounding off the walls? You can carry the player to the wall and then constantly bounce them off, handball style, and keep hitting them back until they fall to the ground. Fucking christ I bet they'll do that.

They definitely need to lower the amount of hits that can be performed in a juggle FFS. A simple jab shouldn't keep it going.

AAK

Im on PS3 as well.

If this goes through, I get to fight the legendary MarkMan, he even defeated 2 Koreans back to back in a team tournament!

JEKKI

yo I bodied Markmang at Evo at the Madcatz booth, I was mad coz he didnt return my call the week prior.

he was free. 3 and donuts.

1) Kadey
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11)
12)

thelastword

Banned
1) Kadey
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12)

I'm in. I'll give this one a bite.

vocab

Shit, I'm gonna have to really sit down and learn some fundamentals, and some combos. I'm 0-8 in ranked. Came close to winning a few :lol It's all good though, I'm having fun with the game.

Anything besides the level up your game videos that brushes the basics?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
Kadey these people want to see us holding each other.

<3

No. I think that's just you. :lol

Why am I on the list? I'm about as bad in Tekken as Marky is in every other fighter. :lol I'll be just running the thing and making sure everything is all nice.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I put you on the list because it's the other situation I enjoy having you on top of me. Duh!

---

What are we calling the tournament?

I suggest.

NeoGAF KING of IRON FIST TOURNAMENT
- KADEY CUP -

Whoever win's gets to be MM's breast suppling?

I'm in for it though....

1) Kadey
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12) Rolento
13)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
I put you on the list because it's the other situation I enjoy having you on top of me. Duh!

-=SLAP=- There are children present!

Names will be decided if it actually happens. :lol

One of the prizes. Never forget!

2dbpf12.jpg

GrayFoxPL

Is this tourny only for Americans?

If not then sign me up, but don't bitch about two hour lag. :p

1) Kadey
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12) Rolento
13) GrayFoxPL
14)

Edit: Wanted nakid pics of Kadey as a prize but Markhachi cover is so much better.

DrDogg

Not a fan of online Tekken AT ALL, but I'll play I guess. Do we have a date for this? I'm out of town Thurs - Sat.

Also, this is PS3 right? My 360 > PS2 converter is on loan right now.

1) Kadey
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12) Rolento
13) GrayFoxPL
14) DrDogg
15)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
AAK said:
Damn, another Korean killer joins the ranks :D

Hope this goes through!

Haha, you're thinking about QDogg, not DrDogg.

DrDogg is the guy that loses to girls <3

hahah (just bustin your balls B).

I wish I could join but I have to work until midnight eastern. Plus, y'know, I'm pretty scrubby. If I can get 60 damage out of a juggle I'm doing well.

AAK

MarkMan said:
Haha, you're thinking about QDogg, not DrDogg.

DrDogg is the guy that loses to girls <3

hahah (just bustin your balls B).

Oops, my bad :D

Common, fighting game fans 2 more!

Jirotrom

so I just bought this game for 360... and I am quite pissed. Is there a reason as to why I can't change my control configuration to fit my arcade stick?

AAK

You should be able to. Just pause and change the controller setting to whatever configuration your arcade stick displays.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Hrm. How about 16 on PS3 and 16 on 360?

It should be easy/fun to do it in one shot.

The signup list as goes was for PS3. Why don't we start a list for X360 as well!?

Also! We need to figure out a date.

Honey, what do you think?

DrDogg

I'm out of town all next week and maybe a little longer, so I may have to drop out depending on when the tournament is.

AAK

I do believe it's flexible. After the brackets are made, you simply set a time with you opponent whenever like what's going on currently with the SSFIV scrub tournie.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Will someone PM ones we get the bracket going on the PS3 side? Because you know, GAF been all active and stuff... I might miss the topic or so if it gets buried with all the other threads updating.

So is there a way we can get a PM to just inform us? Just wondering.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I started playing Roger Jr. last night. He seems to be a way better character than I ever gave him credit for. He'll be a fun character to use on my friends that aren't quite ready to fight my Lei Wulong and Jin.

GrayFoxPL

Ok this isn't T6 related, but it's driving me crazy and I need help of oldschool Tekken fans!!

I've been playing the series for almost 15 years and seen all intros, animations, endings, cg's and all that shit million times back and forth, but watching this blew my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOn-07q1Wg#t=6m14s

Someone used this clip in their combo video and it's the first time I've seen this cg clip. Where the fuck this came from? Judging by Lee's outfit it's Tekken Tag, but that didn't have cg endings.

So it's either a Arcade Tekken Tag clip I've never seen or some Tekken Pachinko cg.

Please help! It's driving me crazy!

AAK

GrayFoxPL said:
Ok this isn't T6 related, but it's driving me crazy and I need help of oldschool Tekken fans!!

I've been playing the series for almost 15 years and seen all intros, animations, endings, cg's and all that shit million times back and forth, but watching this blew my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOn-07q1Wg#t=6m14s

Someone used this clip in their combo video and it's the first time I've seen this cg clip. Where the fuck this came from? Judging by Lee's outfit it's Tekken Tag, but that didn't have cg endings.

So it's either a Arcade Tekken Tag clip I've never seen or some Tekken Pachinko cg.

Please help! It's driving me crazy!

Yeah, it's from the Tekken Pachinko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ITRR1WE9c

Roger Jr. is such a pain for me. Also the only one in the game who can bound someone that is completely KND (knocked down). She also has puny arms making it sooo difficult to anticipate a throw.

As for the tournie, I suppose we can arrange something like that but we just need a confirmation from the organizer(s). ;)

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
Yeah, it's from the Tekken Pachinko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ITRR1WE9c

Roger Jr. is such a pain for me. Also the only one in the game who can bound someone that is completely KND (knocked down). She also has puny arms making it sooo difficult to anticipate a throw.

As for the tournie, I suppose we can arrange something like that but we just need a confirmation from the organizer(s). ;)

Thanks!

As for the tourny I think Kadey is like: "Oh fuck! They took it serious?! Oh noez!" :lol

Damn I'm lttp. I'll join the PS3 side of reserves if someone drops out. Should be fun, looking towards getting handled.

PSN: InEffectMode

( Wait is it 16 or still 32 )

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
At least 32 players. You mean to tell me out of thousands of people on GAF, there aren't at least 32 Tekken 6 players? Sheesh.

Kadey said:
At least 32 players. You mean to tell me out of thousands of people on GAF, there aren't at least 32 Tekken 6 players? Sheesh.
They are probably on the other fighters tbh. The other threads are very active, if even more-so than this one.

AAK

It's not people that play Tekken 6, it's the people that want to play Tekken 6. :lol IF it isn't 2D they won't touch it with a 6ft pole.

I guess we can wait it out a bit more.

Top Bottom