• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If Namco gets involved, how do you think they would feel if only 16 players wanted to participate? I think it would be insulting to them to have a lineup that small. 48 is preferred but I would make do with 32.

I'd be down to join the PS3 tournament if it's at a time (weekend or evening) I can be online for it. It would also give me a good reason to play the game some more. :D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
haunts is too hype for tekken
gonna pick steve and push buttans

ill play him like zangief.

i really hate zangief i really hate zangief

jsu tkidding ill play steve right so sign me up. i want to see how i stack up against GAF. i only played in one IRL tourney and went 2 and out so hopefully i can do better with lag on my side

GrayFoxPL

Kadey said:
If Namco gets involved, how do you think they would feel if only 16 players wanted to participate? I think it would be insulting to them to have a lineup that small. 48 is preferred but I would make do with 32.

Wait, what? Involving Namco?

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I thought this was going to be our local little tournament for fun. Without any prizes and shit.

In Gaf just few players play tekken regulary. New players came and went away long time ago. (Marketing the game to take over sf crowd was a pretty dumb idea imo)

I'd like to be wrong on that but collecting 48 players will take forever.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
Wait, what? Involving Namco?

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I thought this was going to be our local little tournament for fun. Without any prizes and shit.

In Gaf just few players play tekken regulary. New players came and went away long time ago. (Marketing the game to take over sf crowd was a pretty dumb idea imo)

I'd like to be wrong on that but collecting 48 players will take forever.

QFT, just do the tournament, no need for expensive prices for now. Unless you guys really want to get generous, but lets do a 18 player tournament fast and easy to see how this works out first. Just like GrayFoxPL mentioned.

LowParry

-DarKaoZ- said:
QFT, just do the tournament, no need for expensive prices for now. Unless you guys really want to get generous, but lets do a 18 player tournament fast and easy to see how this works out first. Just like GrayFoxPL mentioned.

Agreed. Get some pre-hype going on and if we get a good showing, then bring on the Namco goods. :D

fernoca

Darn, I was thinking on jumping on the 360 tournament just for the sake of having fun; since I kinda suck at it anyway.

But if it's an official thing, with Namco involved I sure as hell won't. :lol

I don't think anybody except Kadey said anything about Namco, that seems to be kind of putting the cart before the horse. This is just an excuse to get some games going, have some fun, learn a few things because SFxT got people who weren't playing interested again.

So just roll with however many people we've got, and heck, get the 360 side going too, no reason anybody should be left out. Even 8 players is enough, this doesn't have to be some super serious-business Evo feeder or anything, let's just revive Tekken-GAF from its slumber.

GrayFoxPL said:
(Marketing the game to take over sf crowd was a pretty dumb idea imo)

How did they do this?

AAK

The only thing I am worried about is lag. But you know what, I think it'll be cool if we can all have a fun number of games together and do an enjoyable mini tournament.

1) Kadey
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12) Rolento
13) GrayFoxPL
14) DrDogg
15) _dementia
16) LiveFromKyoto

What we could do is a pool like play-through as seen in the FIFA worldcup. Have 4 pools of 4 players each and then from there each player plays against the other 3 members in their pool in a best of 5 set of matches and the top 2 players from each pool advance on to an 8 man tournament with normal bracket style of advancement. And the grading of each pool depends on how many rounds they've won vs the number of rounds they've lost.

(Just to clarify, each match has 3 rounds, first to win 3 matches, grading depends on # of rounds victorious vs # of rounds lost)

I personally feel that's the fairest way to accommodate for the everyone to get accustomed to the eventual lag they'll encounter to ensure that the better player advances.

If Kadey isn't interested... weepy, haunts, fernoca <---- any of you guys have the PS3 version?

Oh yeah, LevelUpYourGame is BACK! Awesome Devil Jin episode:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LevelUpYourGame

That level up your game stuff is deeeeep. I don't see people doing stuff quite like that for any other game.

That guy in the episode said that he only uses Korean sticks - what's the difference compared to say Sanwa parts (since that's what my Madcatz TE has)?

weepy

AAK said:
The only thing I am worried about is lag. But you know what, I think it'll be cool if we can all have a fun number of games together and do an enjoyable mini tournament.

1) Kadey
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12) Rolento
13) GrayFoxPL
14) DrDogg
15) _dementia
16) LiveFromKyoto

What we could do is a pool like play-through as seen in the FIFA worldcup. Have 4 pools of 4 players each and then from there each player plays against the other 3 members in their pool in a best of 5 set of matches and the top 2 players from each pool advance on to an 8 man tournament with normal bracket style of advancement. And the grading of each pool depends on how many rounds they've won vs the number of rounds they've lost.

(Just to clarify, each match has 3 rounds, first to win 3 matches, grading depends on # of rounds victorious vs # of rounds lost)

I personally feel that's the fairest way to accommodate for the everyone to get accustomed to the eventual lag they'll encounter to ensure that the better player advances.

If Kadey isn't interested... weepy, haunts, fernoca <---- any of you guys have the PS3 version?

Sadly, no. ;_; But if it's just the ps3 version having the competition it's cool.

fernoca

No PS3 here, sorry.
But I was just playing online and I'm really bad (or are the other guys too good), since I'm like 0w 7l, and was constantly getting matched with people with over 100 wins/matches. :lol

So, yeah I better keep training. At least a friend of mine recently got the 360 version, because I got it too so I can train that way.

AdroitOne

Neo Member
AAK said:

1) Kadey
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12) Rolento
13) GrayFoxPL
14) DrDogg
15) _dementia
16) LiveFromKyoto

Hey, I have the PS3 versions, and if I can play, I'll be in.

AAK

Well, with AdroitOne we have 15 confirmed people (including you _dementia) since Kadey never confirmed she wanted to attend. Maybe we can have one pool with only 3 people? Don't worry _dementia, I'm not that great either, i just really enjoy the game and want to have a fun battle among GAFers. What character do you main and maybe I can give you some tips.

fernoca said:
No PS3 here, sorry.
But I was just playing online and I'm really bad (or are the other guys too good), since I'm like 0w 7l, and was constantly getting matched with people with over 100 wins/matches.

So, yeah I better keep training. At least a friend of mine recently got the 360 version, because I got it too so I can train that way.

Cool, just the main thing going in my mind is spacing. The safest way to play is to maneuver myself around the arena and wait for an opportunity to punish someone that whiffed a move.

Don't back out because of a lack of skill. Hell, I'm in this tournament afterall.

And let's not let this become a leet players club. It's meant to be casual. If it becomes anything more, I'm out because I hate the serious side of Tekken.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Question, how is the online comm hanging on for this on PSN? I'm looking to get back on the horse after this weekend. Went out to town to see girl, got to play some at least decent Tekken folks , got stomped, understood why, and want to get back on this again.

Had fun (though I know it can go away if people bore the crap out of you- PaulZ's Alisa is why I quit Tekken originally)

AAK

It's pretty good. Not so much for me being in Canada (empty Tekken scene) making it so frustrating to find green bar connections, but I still see plenty of people playing online. I guess if you are in the states I'm sure you'll fare better.

AAK

Hmmm... I guess I could organize it, but this month is crazy busy for me.... applying for jobs, starting Master's degree, Ramadan, etc. If no one steps up, I think I'll have time early September. Till then, enjoy Tekken ;)

and AdroitOne, you get Kadey's place for now.

arstal said:
Question, how is the online comm hanging on for this on PSN? I'm looking to get back on the horse after this weekend. Went out to town to see girl, got to play some at least decent Tekken folks , got stomped, understood why, and want to get back on this again.

Had fun (though I know it can go away if people bore the crap out of you- PaulZ's Alisa is why I quit Tekken originally)
congrats for getting a girlfriend
sorry i can't off tekken tips other than whiff punish with launcher and then press buttans because that's all i know how to do

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
congrats for getting a girlfriend
sorry i can't off tekken tips other than whiff punish with launcher and then press buttans because that's all i know how to do

Give me some credit LOL. I remember enough that I didn't get launched all that much. I knew I was getting beat by solid play.

Been playing online a lot (in Europe/Netherlands) and so far haven't had to wait more than a few seconds for online opponents. Man, I had huge problems winning a non-ranked match! Crazy. On the ranked matches on the other hand I'm at 5-4 now using Lei, who seems to be my best character even when I don't remember half of his moves (but they're coming back fast). A lot of players get thrown off by Lei's ground game. :lol

Also managed to take down an Azazel (in the campaign thing) for the first time, thanks to Christie being apparently a suitable character for beating him.

I'm game for the tournament, when it happens. Definitely not in it to win, but the longer it takes for this thing to get organised, the better my Lei. ;)

fernoca

Oh, Azazel is suck a fucking bitch.
Is like their intention was to make the worst/cheapest last boss in a fighting game; and succeeded.

Which brings me to Nancy.
Are there any tips on beating that robot?
I've been close, but shit starts throwing missiles like crazy.

Have my Jin pimped. Long-ish hair, glasses, black/purple pants, gloves and purple glow too. :D They need to fix the prices for items in the next game, though. Over 8 million just in Jin.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I can get Namco Bandai involved (prizes/support).

I don't mind if it's 16 or 32.

Let's make it happen (Kadey is right though, 32 probably is better).

Remember guys I put in since the last page ( or two ).

[In//Effect-Mode] said:
I'll join the PS3 side of reserves if someone drops out. Should be fun, looking towards getting handled.

PSN: InEffectMode

If it goes up to 32 then I'm still available.

I'm in for this and any other people that would like to play. Got handed to in ranked and player the other night though :'(.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Okay, I suck at this game, but if you guys need people (for either platform), I'll join!

AAK

Cool

But don't worry, going by the pool format, there doesn't have to be exactly 16 to 32 players.

Al right, so for PSN we have:

1) AdroitOne
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12) Rolento
13) GrayFoxPL
14) DrDogg
15) _dementia
16) LiveFromKyoto
17) InEffectMode
18) Lyte Edge
19) ShinobiFist
20) Maastricht

EDIT: My bad Maastrich, somehow missed your post. :D

Now that we have 20 we can have 4 pools of 5 people instead. Namco involvement will be cool and all. Is 20 good enough MarkMan?

AAK

Sorry man...

More people are welcome to join though! With this pool style setting it's relatively flexible! The only bad thing is to find convenient times to play one another

AdroitOne

Neo Member
AAK said:
Cool

But don't worry, going by the pool format, there doesn't have to be exactly 16 to 32 players.

Al right, so for PSN we have:

1) AdroitOne
2) MarkMan
3) AAK
4) luka
5) MoonsaultSlayer
6) CcrooK
7) SephirothRK
8) -DarKaoZ-
9) vocab
10) JEKKI
11) tlword
12) Rolento
13) GrayFoxPL
14) DrDogg
15) _dementia
16) LiveFromKyoto
17) InEffectMode
18) Lyte Edge
19) ShinobiFist
20) Maastricht

EDIT: My bad Maastrich, somehow missed your post. :D

Now that we have 20 we can have 4 pools of 5 people instead. Namco involvement will be cool and all. Is 20 good enough MarkMan?

If that listing was also a foreshadowing of the tournament's rank, I'll say it'll be fairly accurate lol.

vocab

Started messing with Bryan after watching Mr Naps and Knee mirror matches. Damn his combos are really demanding compared to some other characters I messed with. Finally got one of his combos down, and it was so rewarding.

vocab said:
Started messing with Bryan after watching Mr Naps and Knee mirror matches. Damn his combos are really demanding compared to some other characters I messed with. Finally got one of his combos down, and it was so rewarding.

Bryan is badass, he has all the tools you'd ever need. His movement range is great and his damage output is nuts if you can get those combos down. I don't think he's super hard to learn though, he's not as hard to master as say a Mishima is.

vocab

LiveFromKyoto said:
Bryan is badass, he has all the tools you'd ever need. His movement range is great and his damage output is nuts if you can get those combos down. I don't think he's super hard to learn though, he's not as hard to master as say a Mishima is.

Ya, a Mishima is out of my league since they rely on movement. My biggest hurdle in Tekken so far is working on my movement, wakeup, and blocking :lol . I can't figure out Back Dash Canceling for shit.

vocab said:
Ya, a Mishima is out of my league since they rely on movement. My biggest hurdle in Tekken so far is working on my movement, wakeup, and blocking :lol . I can't figure out Back Dash Canceling for shit.

It's easy to say how to do it but actually executing is insanely hard (for me at least). I was listening to the Avoid The Puddle podcast and MYK & Aris were talking about how it was a fundamental and you shouldn't even be pressing buttons yet if you haven't got backdash cancelling down. I was just like you guys have to be fucking kidding me. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but it seems like you need some kind of insane-o twitchy Bruce Lee wrists to do this reliably.

DrDogg

AdroitOne said:
If that listing was also a foreshadowing of the tournament's rank, I'll say it'll be fairly accurate lol.

I put this list into the super computer and it seems to disagree with you. Yep... this list is definitely no where near accurate in terms of ranking... :D

Top Bottom