• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

AAK

As soon as I get the the regions of the 2 remaining people... I already sent them a 2nd PM. So if I don't get a reply from them till Sunday, they'll be disqualified... and we'll have 23 contestants instead.... And I think I have an idea how I can change it up to make a fair set of pools. So hopefully by Monday everything will be sorted out, and the games can begin!

Do you guys think I should make a separate thread in the online forum or shall we have all the correspondence here in the current official thread? (Mainly because it's not being used for any other discussion)

And don't worry, I'll PM Everyone again to make sure they'll be updated :)

AAK

Gah....... Let's try this again:

Pool 1 - Pool Europa

1. Starfish_Oxide - Ireland, EU
2. GrayFoxPL - Poland, EU
3. Maastricht - Netherlands, EU

Pool 2 - Pool South Eastern

1. AdroitOne - (SouthEast), US
2. Relentless Rolento - FL, US
3. Lyte Edge - GA, US
4. Rhazer Fusion - GA, US
5. thelastword - St. Lucia, WI

Pool 3 - Pool North Eastern

1. MoonsaultSlayer - CT, US
2. AAK - ON, Canada
3. LiveFromKyoto - ON, Canada
4. ShinobiFist - NY, US
5. vocab- - PA, US

Pool 4 - Pool Gulf of Mexico

1. -DarKaoZ- - TX, US
2. hikarutilmitt - TX, US
3. CcrooK - UT, US

Pool 5 - Pool West Coast

1. MarkMan - CA, US
2. luka - BC, Canada
3. DrDogg - CA, US
4. TestMonkey - CA, US

Pool 6 - Pacific

1. SephirothRK - HI, US
2. Finaika - Tokyo, JP
3. rowanimox - Phillipines
4. JEKKI - LA, US

So I'm going back to my previous choice of having 6 pools. 2 of them will have 5 people just to accommodate for regions to get the optimal connections. Sorry Pool 6 though, this is the best I can come up with.

InEffectMode can hopefully join either Pool 1 or 4... If he's still alive!

V_Arnold

Sign me up for the pool EU, if you need more people : )
Not really a pro, in fact I have not touched the game in months, but feels liek I can be a good puncing bag.

Oldern - XBL - EU (XBL, right?)

AAK

DrDogg said:
With 6 pools, how many move on from each pool to the single elim tournament?

The top player from each pool advances... and then I have the 2nd category of Net Rounds won in the first 2 matches as seen in Post#4211. The top 2 2nd place guys with the highest score in that category from all of the pools will advance into an 8 man tournie.

It's the only idea I could come up with with the numbers we have. Any input is welcome.

DrDogg

AAK said:
The top player from each pool advances... and then I have the 2nd category of Net Rounds won in the first 2 matches as seen in Post#4211. The top 2 2nd place guys with the highest score in that category from all of the pools will advance into an 8 man tournie.

It's the only idea I could come up with with the numbers we have. Any input is welcome.

Only issue I have with net rounds from the first two matches is that the skill of the pools may not be equal, meaning that some 2nd placers may have a much easier time getting more net rounds.

As for a resolution to this. Maybe combine the two eastern pools as well as the western and gulf of mexico pools? That gives you four pools where top two move on to an even eight man bracket. Thoughts?

AAK

Seems kinda unfair for the people in Americas since 2 of the total 3 Europeans will qualify and 2 of the 4 Asia-Pacific qualify but only 4 of the 17 (or 18) Americas qualify...

I understand some pools WILL be harder than others...but that is the nature of tournament play and hopefully the best man does win in the end...The other thing that concerns me is that if we combine the pools, each player will have to battle 6 times for West, and 9 times for east. It's going to be a bit of a hassle trying to coordinate that many games at a convenient time for both opponents among such a large group of people. I fear for the length of time it'll take to complete the entire pools... or maybe this might not be that big of an issue since the timezones are not THAT far apart. More games is never a bad thing.

What I could do is keep the Pacific and European pools, but have only one guy from each of those pools advance.
And within the combined west pool and east pool, the top 3 from those will advance due to their higher number of entrants. That way in the end we have our top 8 and there's no need to introduce the net rounds won category. How does that sound?

Yeah, and JEKKI will be moved to the west pool from the pacific.

DrDogg

AAK said:
What I could do is keep the Pacific and European pools, but have only one guy from each of those pools advance.
And within the combined west pool and east pool, the top 3 from those will advance due to their higher number of entrants. That way in the end we have our top 8 and there's no need to introduce the net rounds won category. How does that sound?

Yeah, and JEKKI will be moved to the west pool from the pacific.

That sounds good.

AAK

Can anyone with Photoshop skills help me with making the making the Banner for this tournament?

25ftvn4.jpg

Super imposed on the bottom of this picture

dhfqlf.png

With the GAF Logo In the middle of the area where it's sparking?

DrDogg

AAK said:
BTW MLG Raleigh has begun:

1v1 tournament stream on now:

http://events.mlgpro.com/takeovers/procircuit/titles/tekken?site_id=mlgpro

GREAT quality as well!

Um... what part of this stream is "GREAT quality"? It's not terrible, but I wouldn't say it's good. Although I'm only talking about the picture quality.

This is a big gripe I have with MLG. I can watch everything from the NBA Finals to Devastation in HD for FREE, but I have to pay for the MLG HD stream? Yeah... no. :lol

AAK

Well, compared to Devstation & NorRegionals it's not as good, but it's leagues superior to Final Round & Evo and since I'm getting a smooth stream, It's GREAT! :D

Man... I love watching Suiken play. You can really appreciate the amazing system Namco set up with the Tekken legacy with all his shenanigans.

AAK

Great, thanks InEffectMode!

Alright guys, I should have the official thread up soon in the online forum, I will post the link once I finish it!

And MLG Raleigh was spectacular. JFJ vs FightingGM was insane and Team ATL vs Team TX+Naps was ridiculous! What a Kuma player!

Harada has confirmed via Twitter and Facebook that he'll have something to reveal at TGS. Not indication if it'll be T7, TTT2, TxSF footage, SCV, or something else entirely. Either way, I'm excited. I like this new level of western fan interaction that Capcom's SFIV community success is making other developers follow.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'm getting into this now. I'm having more fun playing this then I have playing SF4 or SSF4.

I just think I enjoy 3d better now these days.

Frustrating to play tourney players cause I just don't have the matchup knowledge though, and the char I use is pretty common, which doesn't help.

arstal said:
I'm getting into this now. I'm having more fun playing this then I have playing SF4 or SSF4.
Me too. This isn't my favorite Tekken, but I've enjoyed playing T6 much more than anything else this gen. I initially was disappointed (and still am to a degree) but there's no denying this is still a fantastic game.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Master Thespian said:
Me too. This isn't my favorite Tekken, but I've enjoyed playing T6 much more than anything else this gen. I initially was disappointed (and still am to a degree) but there's no denying this is still a fantastic game.

I still get my rage moments, like screwing up a basic input and eating a 60% unblockable from someone who has no life left, and I have 59% health.

That happens in just about any fighter though.

AAK

Better late than never, but Harada's twitter says that there will be something to announce in the Tougeki TGS booth this Saturday.

AAK said:
Better late than never, but Harada's twitter says that there will be something to announce in the Tougeki TGS booth this Saturday.
Oichi/Reno posted on his site that he knows what it is and that it's both big and unexpected. I just hope there's footage and not just a logo for whatever there is.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The epic 12 VS 12 WCG TEKKEN All-Star Team Battle! Team Prodigal Son vs Team SabreDabre ! http://fb.me/Jy9nHgSx

Team Sabredabre (1P side) -
MarkMan (Eddy), The Game (Law), KernKraft (Asuka), JustFrameJames (Law), David (Hwoarang), MatrixMatt (Asuka), Rikimaru (Xiaoyu), SabreDabre (Nina), Entomo (Hwoarang), WeaponX (Nina), AO (Alisa), Knee (Bryan)

Team Prodigal Son (2P side) -
JMS (Xiaoyu), Bob (Law), CalSonic (Xiaoyu), Paul (Panda), Tomahawk (Xiaoyu), Roger (Xiaoyu), Sim (Xiaoyu), Ryan Hart (Kazuya), Galo (Julia), Leok (Julia), Honnda (Lili), Binchan (Lars)

SO MANY LINGS!

Sniper McBlaze said:
Is the Tekken 6 limited edition with the arcade stick worth 55 bucks?
I dunno, what's your salary?

That question is so subjective dude. Do you like the freedom of wireless at the expense of not being able to use the thing at most tournaments? Do you mind Hori clone parts?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Right now I'm thinking to trying to learn a 2nd char to go with Asuka, for when Tag comes out.

I tried Marduk, but he dies too much to quick mids it seems.

Other then Chreddy (I'd play Christie cause I like boobs in dressup games), are there any other good poking type chars that have an ability to punish sidesteps well (noticing my Asuka has real problems with sidesteppers at distance)

AAK

Punish Sidesteppers? Everyone's got at least one homing move. Why not try out Lili, she's the best sidestepper in the game! And her homing move is f+3. Lars also has pretty wicked b+1.

Go for LILI, I bet she's got some awesome custom moments with Asuka as her partner!

I'm sure Asuka also has some good anti sidestep strategies. Keep a lookout for the next LevelUpYourGame episode, it'll feature Insomntek's detailed dissection of Asuka.

MarkMan said:
The epic 12 VS 12 WCG TEKKEN All-Star Team Battle! Team Prodigal Son vs Team SabreDabre ! http://fb.me/Jy9nHgSx

Team Sabredabre (1P side) -
MarkMan (Eddy), The Game (Law), KernKraft (Asuka), JustFrameJames (Law), David (Hwoarang), MatrixMatt (Asuka), Rikimaru (Xiaoyu), SabreDabre (Nina), Entomo (Hwoarang), WeaponX (Nina), AO (Alisa), Knee (Bryan)

Team Prodigal Son (2P side) -
JMS (Xiaoyu), Bob (Law), CalSonic (Xiaoyu), Paul (Panda), Tomahawk (Xiaoyu), Roger (Xiaoyu), Sim (Xiaoyu), Ryan Hart (Kazuya), Galo (Julia), Leok (Julia), Honnda (Lili), Binchan (Lars)

SO MANY LINGS!

Good stuff!

You were sorely missed in the first GAF tournie :(

Sniper McBlaze said:
Is the Tekken 6 limited edition with the arcade stick worth 55 bucks?

Although a little fragile, the stick is pretty good. Just near impossible to mod with your own custom buttons due to the strange screws they have on the back.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
It really seems that at least on PS3-side , about 90% of the community does ranked matches.

Also Dragonuv seems to be one of the more frustrating chars to play.

I just hope Namco puts Tag 2 out soon (or Soul Cal 5) with better netcode, better loading times, and SoulCal-style customization.

I really hate how I can't dress Asuka up in say, Anna's outfits. That needs to change.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay, looking for help, I'm playing Scenario Campaign and currently I'm trying to beat Leo's stage on hard so I can do Mokujin's to get money. PROBLEM: I suck at Scenario Campaign's suckiness, I've never *gotten* the hang of the controls and and the left bumper seems to do nothing when its supposed to 'switch modes' whatever that means and the Analog stick never seems to give me "FREE movement". Help me please. :[

Playing Tekken 6 recently got me thinking... Namco really needs to go back to the drawing board for TTT2 when it comes to interface, modes, and options. Mind if I share some ideas? Here goes:

Interface- Get rid of the character, background and music load up at the main menu which takes an eternity especially when you just want to kill some time with a few matches. Maybe they can keep the personalization by having unlockable artwork available to pick and choose from for a background. Or maybe they can have the attract mode running behind the menu and the menu items will go away when the controller is untouched for a period of time to show-off the footage in the background (Embus, Katas, CPU vs CPU battles, intros.. basically everything that normally plays before you press the start button to get to the main menu should be behind the main menu).

Modes- Tekken League. Instead of a tournament, they should have a league which tracks wins and losses leading to play-off berths and a final showdown. Each character can have a home turf which nets bonuses when you perform certain crowd favorite moves and combos. Quitting or turning off the console just before a loss should grant a loss if they can somehow track that so no one cheats to make the play-offs and championship match.

Options- I'm not a big fan of fighting (excuse the harshness) retarded ghost characters in their shitty customized outfits and _-_-OOX=TekkenGawd=XOO-_-_ names. I also don't want battles against plain ol' AI to tally up my wins and losses or even show my account name for that matter. Leave that for exclusive ghost battle modes that are seperate from the standard Tekken modes. I guess I'd like to see it borrow the normal/special options from the older Soul Cali games. Each mode had an option which allowed the player(s) to use obtained swords with their special abilities on or off. Off had no added gameplay effect while on did. Here in Tekken, they can have a customization, ghost AI and stat tracking on and off option for most if not all modes.

Since we're getting TTT2, I'd really like to see old outfits and versions of characters return as well as older stages and remixed music from the past. Celebrate Tekken FULLY by paying tribute to the entire series and where it came from and not just "Here's every character ever updated with Tekken 6 graphics and altered stages from T6."

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Playing Tekken 6 recently got me thinking... Namco really needs to go back to the drawing board for TTT2 when it comes to interface, modes, and options. Mind if I share some ideas? Here goes:

Interface- Get rid of the character, background and music load up at the main menu which takes an eternity especially when you just want to kill some time with a few matches. Maybe they can keep the personalization by having unlockable artwork available to pick and choose from for a background. Or maybe they can have the attract mode running behind the menu and the menu items will go away when the controller is untouched for a period of time to show-off the footage in the background (Embus, Katas, CPU vs CPU battles, intros.. basically everything that normally plays before you press the start button to get to the main menu should be behind the main menu).

Modes- Tekken League. Instead of a tournament, they should have a league which tracks wins and losses leading to play-off berths and a final showdown. Each character can have a home turf which nets bonuses when you perform certain crowd favorite moves and combos. Quitting or turning off the console just before a loss should grant a loss if they can somehow track that so no one cheats to make the play-offs and championship match.

Options- I'm not a big fan of fighting (excuse the harshness) retarded ghost characters in their shitty customized outfits and _-_-OOX=TekkenGawd=XOO-_-_ names. I also don't want battles against plain ol' AI to tally up my wins and losses or even show my account name for that matter. Leave that for exclusive ghost battle modes that are seperate from the standard Tekken modes. I guess I'd like to see it borrow the normal/special options from the older Soul Cali games. Each mode had an option which allowed the player(s) to use obtained swords with their special abilities on or off. Off had no added gameplay effect while on did. Here in Tekken, they can have a customization, ghost AI and stat tracking on and off option for most if not all modes.

Since we're getting TTT2, I'd really like to see old outfits and versions of characters return as well as older stages and remixed music from the past. Celebrate Tekken FULLY by paying tribute to the entire series and where it came from and not just "Here's every character ever updated with Tekken 6 graphics and altered stages from T6."

I'm still saying if all they did in TTT2 was speed up the loading by a ton and make saves instant rather than waiting I'd be very happy.

Allowing offline ranking up (like in PSP version, or any version of T5DR) would also make me play it more.

Top Bottom